tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy

Floyd
    Floyd

Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy Empty Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy

Post  Floyd Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:13 am

Julian Assange did a runner today to the Ecuadorian embassy thus breaking his bail conditions. Wonder if he gets a flight over there he will hook up with Billy Ryan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18519380
    Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, who is seeking asylum at Ecuador's London embassy, faces arrest for breaching his bail, police say.

Mr Assange, 40, whose conditions included staying at his bail address between 2200 and 0800 BST, spent Tuesday night at the embassy.

Last week he failed to reopen an appeal against his extradition to Sweden.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy Empty Re: Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy

Post  Carol Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 am

I suspect we all agree with this following statement:

Mr Assange claims the sex was consensual and that the allegations are politically motivated.
    "Two female ex-Wikileaks volunteers alleged in 2010 that Mr Assange had attacked them while he was in Stockholm to give a lecture. No charges have been filed."

I suspect Ecuador will accept him based on how President Rafael Correa has previously clashed with Washington and is a fan of Wikileaks.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Crazee
    Crazee

Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy Empty Re: Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy

Post  Crazee Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm glad to hear he's still out of the US. Every few months I wonder what's been going on in the life of Julian Assange. If the extradition is successful (which will depend on how strongly the US decides to bullly Ecuador) then it will be a step back for worldwide freedom of information.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy 58ebf31cda
    a man adrift

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:13 pm

'War on whistleblowers must end!' - Assange speech at Ecuador Embassy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xod1PqLvaE4

Love Always
    mudra
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:17 am

The story is a bit more complicated . I got this website link from Kerry C .

There is another whistleblower inside the Ecuadorian embassy that know as much as the murdered scientist dr. Kelly . The name of this whistle blower is Andrea Davison .

http://eyreinternational.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/uk-may-raid-ecuador-embassy-in-london-but-who-are-they-actually-after/

http://projectcamelotportal.com/
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Watch What will happen if Assange leaves Ecuador's Embassy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0eYLhbmEos&feature=youtu.be

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Would I do this again? Definitely’: Assange goes Reddit

Julian Assange Takes Refuge in Ecaudorian Embassy Assange-1.si

Julian Assange has launched his very own Q&A thread on Reddit on the day which marks his two years of confinement within the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. Users posed the WikiLeaks founder with questions on his life in the embassy, Snowden and best leak.

“I am Julian Assange, publisher of WikiLeaks. Ask me anything,” starts the thread launched Thursday on one of the biggest net forums; the talk which followed ran uninterrupted till Assange had to go to his press conference with the Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino.

“What would you say was the most important piece of information you have leaked?” users asked at once.

The ongoing PLUSD series, which contain some 2 million cables and according to Assange are used in elections and even admissible in court, the WikiLeaks editor-in-chief replied.

The WIKILEAKS (PlusD) series is a Public Library of US Diplomacy that holds the world's largest searchable collection of United States confidential, or formerly confidential, diplomatic communications.

Out of the collection, Assange wrote that “closest to my heart” is Collateral Murder video leaked by US private Chelsea Manning, then known as Bradley Manning. The classified video dates back to 2007 and shows three airstrikes by a US Apache helicopter in which up to 18 people were killed including two journalists working for Reuters. The WikiLeaks released it back in 2010 and made global headlines.

Chelsea Manning is now serving a 35-year prison term for violations of the Espionage Act and other offenses, after releasing the largest set of classified documents ever leaked to the public, most of which were published by Assange’s Wikileaks.

READ MORE: http://rt.com/news/166824-assange-uk-sweden-court/

Source: http://rt.com/news/167184-reddit-assange-wikileaks-q&a/

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:45 am