tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...' Empty 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'

Post  Carol Wed May 30, 2012 12:04 pm

At 19, Rifleman Cyrus Thatcher was one of the youngest victims of the Afghan war. These letters – given to The Independent by his family – reveal the excitement of a teenager sent to fulfil his dream, and his maturity in confronting the possibility that he might not make it home. Rifleman Cyrus Thatcher, who was 19 when he was killed by an explosion near Gereshk seven weeks ago, tells his own story, through letters home and the last letter he left behind to bid farewell to his family

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...' Empty Re: 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'

Post  mudra Wed May 30, 2012 3:26 pm

This is heartbreaking Carol , this kid lost a life for nothing while at the same time being proud nonetheless to have accomplished his goal to serve his country.Knowing how wars begin and who they really serve makes the entire situation absurd. Our ideas and beliefs lead us to strange experiences yet Spirit is all we are. I trust Cyrus realized this the moment his body was gone.

Love from me
    mudra
    burgundia
    burgundia

'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...' Empty Re: 'Hello mum, this is going to be hard for you to read ...'

Post  burgundia Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Somehow I can't feel pity for him or his family...he went there to kill.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm

burgundia wrote:Somehow I can't feel pity for him or his family...he went there to kill.

The sad product of propaganda and indoctrination

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:24 am