tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

One person is fighting for his life after events got out of hand at a tuition protest in Victoriaville

newel
    newel

One person is fighting for his life after events got out of hand at a tuition protest in Victoriaville Empty One person is fighting for his life after events got out of hand at a tuition protest in Victoriaville

Post  newel Sat May 05, 2012 11:32 am

This is a small town very close from where I live. I'm glad I got out of Montreal in 2008 when I woke up to what was coming in the world. 4 years later it's starting slowly but surely. With this event last night, I'm not even sure anymore that my city is remote enough to be immune from this kind of violence ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBBF2259C5542E825

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLBBF2259C5542E825&hl=en_GB" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MONTREAL — One person is fighting for his life after events got out of hand at a tuition protest in Victoriaville at around 6:45 p.m. Friday.

Demonstrators stormed past barriers, tossing rocks and other projectiles while police responded with tear gas and rubber bullets, in a series of skirmishes that ended with 106 arrests.

Three SQ police officers were hurt, two seriously, and six demonstrators were also injured in the clashes. The extent of the protesters' injuries were not immediately known. One person was brought to hospital suffering a head injury and by midday Saturday it was reported that that person might not survive. At least two police vehicles were vandalized.

The protesters had been transported in about 30 buses to make their voices heard at the Quebec Liberal Party annual convention, taking place this weekend.

The demonstrators dismantled the barriers, which had been placed far from the convention centre and advanced towards the hotel, tossing projectiles in the form of billiard balls, chunks of cement and rocks.

Police helicopters hovered low atop a cloud of tear gas, as visibility was diminished. Many on the ground, including CTV Montreal reporter Laura Casella were caught in the crossfire and choked by the gaseous fumes (see video at right).

Police representative Jean Finet later confirmed that rubber bullets and other impact weapons had been employed in an effort to push the more aggressive demonstrators back.

Read more: http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120504/mtl_victoriaville_120504/20120505/?hub=MontrealHome

mudra
    mudra

One person is fighting for his life after events got out of hand at a tuition protest in Victoriaville Empty Re: One person is fighting for his life after events got out of hand at a tuition protest in Victoriaville

Post  mudra Sat May 05, 2012 12:23 pm

This reminds me of Paris's May 68.

The small percentage of people resorting to violence there are, I believe, following their own agenda of turning what is meant to be a peacefull demonstration into riots.

Love from me
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

One person is fighting for his life after events got out of hand at a tuition protest in Victoriaville Empty Re: One person is fighting for his life after events got out of hand at a tuition protest in Victoriaville

Post  Mercuriel Thu May 10, 2012 3:26 am

They're called Provacateurs My Dear Sister and We can bet They're on Operations...

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:37 am