tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight Empty Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight

Post  Carol Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Jill Bolte Taylor got a research opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: She had a massive stroke, and watched as her brain functions -- motion, speech, self-awareness -- shut down one by one. An astonishing story. Brain researcher Jill Bolte Taylor studied her own stroke as it happened -- and has become a powerful voice for brain recovery.

Why you should listen to her: One morning, a blood vessel in Jill Bolte Taylor's brain exploded. As a brain scientist, she realized she had a ringside seat to her own stroke. She watched as her brain functions shut down one by one: motion, speech, memory, self-awareness ...

Amazed to find herself alive, Taylor spent eight years recovering her ability to think, walk and talk. She has become a spokesperson for stroke recovery and for the possibility of coming back from brain injury stronger than before. In her case, although the stroke damaged the left side of her brain, her recovery unleashed a torrent of creative energy from her right. From her home base in Indiana, she now travels the country on behalf of the Harvard Brain Bank as the "Singin' Scientist."

"How many brain scientists have been able to study the brain from the inside out? I've gotten as much out of this experience of losing my left mind as I have in my entire academic career."
    Jill Bolte Taylor

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Liberti
    Liberti

Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight Empty Stroke of Insight

Post  Liberti Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 am

Hi Carol,

I have her audio book and it was wonderful to listen to...there is much knowledge to be gained concerning the right/left sides of the brain and their functions and her remarkable healing...Thank you for posting a video of her for others to listen to.

Sincerely,

Liberti:D
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight Empty Re: Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight

Post  Carol Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:51 am

You are most welcome Liberti. I was first stunned and then delighted upon hearing Jill's account because I knew it was a giant inroad to the medical community as to the transpersonal nature of our spirit. Being in spirit is such a gift as negativity and/or duality doesn't exist at the higher spiritual dimensions. I find testimonies like Jill's inspirational and both affirming. It comforts me and again is a remind of how transitional our human life truly is.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 pm