tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+24
Vidya Moksha
Swanny
Pris
RedEzra
THEeXchanger
magamud
orthodoxymoron
Sanicle
FrankoL
rhythm
Beren
devakas
Micjer
malletzky
TRANCOSO
ClearWater
Carol
Floyd
Mercuriel
hippihillbobbi
mudra
bigmo
Nebula
greybeard
28 posters

Ego

devakas
    devakas

Ego - Page 11 Empty Re: Ego

Post  devakas Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:19 pm

[img]Ego - Page 11 Budda10[/img]
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:52 am

Adyashanti Budhha at the Gas pump Interview.

'm sorry about the technical quality of this video. We had problems which we weren't able to surmount.

Adyashanti dares all seekers of peace and freedom to take the possibility of liberation in this life seriously. He began teaching in 1996, at the request of his Zen teacher with whom he had been studying for 14 years. Since then many spiritual seekers have awakened to their true nature while spending time with Adyashanti.

The author of The End of Your World, Emptiness Dancing, and True Meditation, Adyashanti offers spontaneous and direct nondual teachings that have been compared to those of the early Zen masters and Advaita Vedanta sages. However, Adya says, "If you filter my words through any tradition or '-ism', you will miss altogether what I am saying. The liberating truth is not static; it is alive. It cannot be put into concepts and be understood by the mind. The truth lies beyond all forms of conceptual fundamentalism. What you are is the beyond—awake and present, here and now already. I am simply helping you to realize that."

A native of Northern California, Adyashanti lives with his wife, Mukti, and teaches extensively in the San Francisco Bay Area offering satsangs, weekend intensives, and silent retreats. He also travels to teach in other areas of the United States and Canada.

"Adyashanti" means primordial peace.

Interview recorded 8/30/2011

Many interviews here http://batgap.com/
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:49 pm

The illusion of the Ego - ALAN WATTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mkia0RE6A

Alan Watts said: “The ego is a social institution with no physical reality. The ego is simply your symbol of yourself. Just as the word “water” is a noise that symbolizes a certain liquid without being it, so too the idea of ego symbolizes the role you play, who you are, but it is not the same as your living organism.”
    In the video below Alan Watts talks about the illusion of the Ego and that its a social institution with no physical reality –

Love Always
    mudra
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 am

from Vedas wrote:No, not complete Ego destruction. We are personalities. We have always been personalities. We will always have Ego. What we need to destroy is False Ego. False Ego is the conception that you are the body. That you are a man, you are a woman, you are an American, you are an Australian. That is False Ego.

Real Ego is I am a Spirit Soul. I am part and parcel of God. Qualitatively I am of the same substance as God, but quantitatively he is Unlimited where as I am limited. God has an unchanging, unlimited, eternally blissful and knowledgeable body, and I have a body that I must change at the time of death. I can get out of this entanglement of birth and death by recognizing my original position as a spiritual spark
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:52 am

Its all down to how ego is defined.
    After enlightenment there is no person to claim that state--however the persona continues to interact with seeming others.
    The sages say that they are the totality all of it--they are awareness and in that state they are everything and no-thing.
    Form and formless--both and neither.
    Its beyond the human mind to comprehend.
    In Ramana Maharshi's translation of ancient texts he says that it is a mistake to see God as seperate in any way.
    You are That---One without a second.
    In human form it could be said that we are an aspect a spark of God.
    In realised state this is seen as not the ultimate Truth of our being.

Not saying im right--just my current understanding.

Chris
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:11 pm

nastika ... ist nicht... is not...

There are many who think they are god.
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:55 pm

devakas wrote:
    nastika  ...  ist nicht... is not...

Yes there are quite a few devaks.
    Im inclined to believe Ramana Maharshi and Nasargadatta though.
    God is in the heart cave but very few as yet realise that.

I think defining God is impossible.

Regards Chris
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:46 pm

greybeard wrote:
    devakas wrote:
    nastika  ...  ist nicht... is not...

Yes there are quite a few devaks.

many  :(
    Im inclined to believe Ramana Maharshi and Nasargadatta though.  Why not Lord Krishna Himself? Who can describe better than Himself? ? ?  Shocked 
    We should read Bona Fide Masters. Sanskrit Scholars say - Maharshi - they even get the spelling wrong...

God is in the heart cave but very few as yet realise that.  

I think defining God is impossible.
    this is all due to the fact of false ego  :(.  
    the same is defining Love, puffed up empty personalities usually come up with some delusional definition

Regards Chris

devaks
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:25 pm

greybeard wrote:
    " Its beyond human mind to comprehend "
    Chris

When there is no more separation between " this " and " that " , it is called the still-point of the Tao.
    At the still point in the center of the circle one can see the infinite in all things.

Chuang -tzu

It's a metaphore of course ... a pointer to ...

Love Always
    mudra
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:41 pm

greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:49 am

Thanks davakas
    So many things can be foun on wikipeia.

The great thing about the pathless path of enlightenment is that it is not a religeon
    One can learn from various teachers including Krishna and of course the bhagavad gita.
    Of course there may be one teaching that a person is drawn to.
    Ramana translations from the Agamas I particularly like

Just one quote
    "Siva is other than me, I am other than Siva
    Uproot this attitude of differentiation.
    I am indeed that Siva
    This conviction that is non-dual, ever practise."

and another

"There is no greater blessing anywhere
    Than the gaining of the Self
    Meditate ever on the Self. He who is the Self
    Is indeed the one all-pervasive Supreme self
    Be aware of this."

Chris
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Ego - Page 11 1474632_10203169924795468_1149551011_n

Love Always
    mudra
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Ego - Page 11 Haecke10

nice thread & good weaving
    hope you are keeping well
    love, susan
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Yes Its good to see the interaction here--Susan-Mudra and devakas.
    One way or another we are in the same boat.
    Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Bruce Lipton has said that in the space, in the atom, lies the intelligence which forms the body and all else.
    His work on stem cells ground breaking.

There is no separation because that intelligent "energetic" space pervades everything.
    I have often seen the story of the empty space in the earthen pot being carried about, then the pot breaks and the space becomes one with the rest of space---but was it ever carried was it ever separate?
    The story is to get people to think of the body as being the container-- some day it will break.
    The body being a very high% of "empty space"
    The mystics say that you are the space in which everything materialises-- you are within the body and the body is within you.
    You/we are that intelligent, energetic, emptiness.
    Beyond comprehension.

Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 am

The way---Osho
    http://oshobardo.com/wordpress/?cat=11

Much on this well worth a read /audio too.

Chris
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:18 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:59 am

The four functions of ego is to seek, defend, maintain, and avoid. This may help you see how often the momentum of ego is fueled by constantly seeking what isn’t here, defending the beliefs and ideas that feed your identity, while desperately maintaining all that has been collected along the way, and avoiding whatever threatens a loss of control. When these four functions have dissolved, not by attempting to rid yourself of such tendencies, but by seeing the futility in constantly feeding patterns of momentary fulfillment, the attachment to ego begins to dissolve. As this occurs, the mind is able to silently rest, while the body feels safe enough to allow the heart to naturally remain open – no matter the circumstance or outcome being faced. This is the heart of awakening. www.truedivinenature.com

Love Always
    mudra
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 am

Nassim Haramein
    The Black Whole full movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW1gl6_QK-M

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:53 am

Alan Watts - Transcended ego experience (Mysticism and morals)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhOpuY8NO0A

Love Always
    mudra

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:31 pm

The Release Of All Pain

A testimony found on facebook

Shooting nerve pain in the muscle and frequent dislocations left me wandering the earth like a modern day Quasimodo. I was only forty ­one at the time and my doctor could only explain my pain as a mild arthritis, a condition usually reserved for my much senior counterparts. Needless to say, I was baffled and confused with my diagnosis and unsure as to how my life would play out with me living in this crippled state? My visions of travelling and being active seemed like fading wishes in the unforgiving tapestry now becoming my life.

You can see where my thinking was and how I was becoming consumed by a life lived in pain. It wasn’t until my doctor denied my tear­ filled request for a shot of cortisone that I sought out alternatives for remedying my ill state. I knew my life was not destined to play out like this and I decided to explore the avenues to healing that I had long been resisting.

For a long time, I had been drawn to energy healing but had always seen myself as separate from it. I appreciated the healing powers of other people, all of who seemed much more spiritually gifted than me. You see, I am from a very traditionally ­minded home, and felt like an outsider to this practice.

From here I learned how discern what energy was “mine” and what was not. As I played in this arena, and decided to pursue training, I found clarity and peacefulness returning. The seas of daily drama no longer taking their toll on me, I began to learn how to purify my energy field each night and release the energy of others.

This daily experience was the perfect metaphor for the writings of Eckhart Tolle that had long eluded me. He writes of a universal pain body, that is fed by our engagement in the drama of our egos. I began to actually feel the pain body rise in me as agitation would form. It felt like a big blue monster rising from the earth to take over me. My heart would, race, my throat tighten as the monster connected to my long held dysfunctional stories. I was a perfect candidate for this energy to rise and spread as I would complain, “share” and repeat my daily sufferings. People played into this plan nicely, asking me daily what had happened to my leg? Over and over I could repeat my tale and further reinforce the pain I had long endured.

It wasn’t until one of my instructors stopped me as I complained yet again of this insufferable condition. She said, think of yourself as beyond this experience. What does it look like, and what can you say to yourself to reinforce this new state? As I did, I decided to see myself travelling the world sharing my story of spontaneous healing. Each time I felt a jab of pain, noticed myself wondering how many pills to take, or cursing my leg, I learned to replace that thought with ideas of spontaneous healing.

I began to recognize the pain body rising in me and replaced thoughts of an unlived future with the reminder that this was a pain body experience. Equipped with these tools, I have encountered so many pain body experiences with greater consciousness and easing the unnecessary burdens of the ego. The merging of this healing knowledge has indeed resulted in spontaneous healing and I am walking much easier today with only occasional teaching reminders to release the pain body once again.

Thank you for your teachings, Eckhart.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 04, 2014 1:18 am

The Self has no desires, not even the desire to kill or transcend the ego.For the Self, ego does not exist.~ MoojiMay

Love always
    mudra
    greybeard
    greybeard

Post  greybeard Sun May 04, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks for visiting the thread Mudra.
    Mooji is an inspiration--- I would like to go to Portugal to Satsang--seems this years allready fully booked.
    Good to see old friend RedeZra has made an appearance here.
    Love Chris
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 04, 2014 4:02 pm

greybeard wrote:Thanks for visiting the thread Mudra.
    Mooji is an inspiration--- I would like to go to Portugal to Satsang--seems this years allready fully booked.
    Love Chris

Glad to see you too Chris.
    And yes RedEzra found his way to the Mists  cheers 

Regarding Mooji's Satsang in Portugal I saw this announcement on the site :

Silent Retreat at Zmar Broadcast

We are happy to announce that the silent retreat at Zmar will be broadcast live via the internet. You can join this retreat and watch from home, provided you have a computer, a stable internet connection, and you have purchased a ticket.
    This is a wonderful way to be in Satsang with Mooji from your own home.
    More information about joining the silent retreat from home can be found on the Broadcast page.

http://www.mooji.org/zmar_broadcasts.html

Much Love for You dear Chris

Hugs 

mudra

RedEzra
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra Mon May 05, 2014 6:39 am

greybeard wrote:

Hi Chris been some time and I got some silver in my hair as well. Hope you are in good health and the Scottish spring is pleasant. Began a Bible topic here so but do not expect evangelizing just post some found facts.

Good to see you again friend and GodSpeed  cheers 

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:48 pm