tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+6
hippihillbobbi
mudra
Mercuriel
Carol
Anchor
Spregovori
10 posters

Assumptions

SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Assumptions - Page 2 Empty Re: Assumptions

Post  SuiGeneris Tue May 04, 2010 6:45 am

Mercuriel wrote:Language is a limited Construct in a Limited Reality - And even more so in Print...
    Oh I couldn't agree more with the statement above...I always said "human" language is too restrictive. There are definitely some ideas in the Universe that can't be put into words...they don't "fit"; that's why telepathy is used.

However I don't think the printed word is more constrictive per se, since at least I write how I speak and people usually can't avoid this dynamic. If anything when thoughts are to be written they should be, at least in principle, more direct, more precise more concise to the receiver. By being more exact or closer to what one wishes to say, language becomes less limited. The Tao Te Ching is a perfect example of this.

I meant what I said, and that is all I can do before the thought is released...

Love,
    Big Grin 3

SuiG
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Tue May 04, 2010 7:15 am

Spregovori wrote:So the general agreement (of those involved) seems to be that:
    - your reaction to whatever someones says and does is your problem, deal with it
    - you are responsible for your actions
    - ignore if provoked
    - avoid conflict
    - defend if attacked
    - unconditional love is not something you see in a movie or read in a romantic novel
    - it is ok to go and "interfere" with life of another as long as the intent is benevolent
    - when asked a question a honest answer should be given
    - learn from experience and take care of yourself before taking care of others

I think that we as people are light years away from this.
    Still it is somewhat "surprising" that topic was able to evolve this far. It seems that the careful choice of words, expressions and examples did prove to be a "safe" way of presenting a subject such as this....

Which brings me to the next thing - how would it look like to not be careful? Wink
    Just how quick the hammer might fall....on the white-hot grounds....

eof
    I know it may seem that people are light years away from reaching Oneness, but luckily for all, we're not...We are at the cusp. Remember it doesn't take more than one person to drive a car and carry a whole bunch of people somewhere. Not all will be able to read a map this is true, but if only one knows how...then the possibility exists for many to travel.

There is no 'one' subject here but many. You can present any one of them in a "careful" or "un-careful" way as you say; but what you should be careful of, is not to think that definite conclusions must be made at the end of examining all and that they are to be immutable. Reality changes. It morphs, and now it is doing so at a record speed never seen before. And so now would be the time to have an open mind about everything and get comfortable with the idea of changing one's mind from time to time. It is OK, it's "allowed" and it's a great mental exercise too.

"Human beings are
    soft and supple when alive,
    stiff and straight when dead.

The myriad creatures, the grasses and trees are
    soft and fragile when alive,
    dry and withered when dead.

Therefore, it is said:

The rigid person is a disciple of death;
    The soft, supple, and delicate are lovers of life.

An army that is inflexible will not conquer;
    A tree that is inflexible will snap.

The unyielding and mighty shall be brought low;
    The soft, supple and delicate will be set above."

~Tao Te Ching~

How would it look like if not careful? When you are not careful you are not aware, when you are not aware...there is chaos.

SuiG

Last edited by SuiGeneris on Tue May 04, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Tue May 04, 2010 7:35 am

Spregovori wrote:- it is ok to go and "interfere" with life of another as long as the intent is benevolent

I liked the summary of the "debate so far" except for the quote line that I cannot agree with.

A lot depends on the circumstances. Generally I think you should really only initiate action that you know will interfere with anothers life if you are given permission by them to do so. Your original argument was a specific and life threatening emergency scenario, where it is quite possible that the governing principles would be adjusted and you may feel moved to render aid on an emergency basis (for which you will be responsible even if things go horribly wrong).

Sometimes it can do more harm than good to interfere with another's "learning opportunity" and should you do so in a way that turns out no to be for the best in the situation, you will reap your own karmic reaction (for example perhaps someone will interfere with your path as a consequence). That is why your heart should guide you - because the heart is your connection to a source of wisdom that inform your actions (deployments of love) and keeps them harmoniously in line with the flow of the universe.

Learning to trust that heart sourced wisdom is really hard - but we all need to perfect it some time or other. When we fail, we see though the consequential actions of karma upon us the lessons we learn to improve our discernment of it.

Thus this happens:

Spregovori wrote:Just how quick the hammer might fall....on the white-hot grounds....

AJ..
    Spregovori
    Spregovori

Post  Spregovori Tue May 04, 2010 7:46 am

[color=blue]"SuiGeneris"
    How would it look like if not careful? When you are not careful you are not aware, when you are not aware...there is chaos.[/size]

SuiG[/quote]

Hmmm....fire it up? Assumptions - Page 2 379626

I can not comment on morphing the realities...etc

Words and limitation...it depends on how you use them...and also...on what is "triggered" when the word is seen/read by another.... you know u like..u feel the impulse, right there inside of you...fell its power...feel how warm it is...now let it enhance and spreed all over your body...and...explode....

hot bun

By careful i meant more like - socially acceptable (weather by current moral or just by making it less "understandable")

Oh i can be very aware when not "careful"....i can make a thread that would collapse the forum.....cant do that without thinking it through....

Anyway the point (my selfish desire) of this thread has been reached.

I see no further need to continue it.....but others may....

I thank all participants for their time and willingness to go and think about it.
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Tue May 04, 2010 8:40 am

Spregovori wrote:I can not comment on morphing the realities...etc

Words and limitation...it depends on how you use them...and also...on what is "triggered" when the word is seen/read by another.... you know u like..u feel the impulse, right there inside of you...fell its power...feel how warm it is...now let it enhance and spreed all over your body...and...explode....

hot bun
    See? You just morphed reality right there. My point exactly. Thank you!Double Thumbs Up Aww, you didn't realize it? That's because you weren't CAREFUL!

By careful i meant more like - socially acceptable (weather by current moral or just by making it less "understandable"

Oh i can be very aware when not "careful"....i can make a thread that would collapse the forum.....cant do that without thinking it through....
    Being 'careful' to be "socially acceptable"??...UUrgh...Yuck!

You can be very aware when not careful?...Well, obviously I thought you meant something else with your "careful" definition which in this context sounds more like an evil plot...Hmmm

You can make a thread to collapse the forum you say?
    I hereby officially dare you to start one!!!!
    And you'll see I'll be able to keep it ALIVE!! Don't let anything hold you back.Big Grin 2

Anyway the point (my selfish desire) of this thread has been reached.

I see no further need to continue it.....but others may....

I thank all participants for their time and willingness to go and think about it.

The "point" of this thread has been reached?? lol! Ha! Now that's what I call limited thinking...(no offense) I mean...it hasn't even started yet and you are already retreating.. psssh..tsk, tsk, tsk... some people are still too afraid to put the hand on the fire...without the experience there's no real learning... So be it.

Love and Light,

SuiG

P.S. (yep, you read right I said Love and Light!)
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Tue May 04, 2010 8:58 am

And all of this reminds me of Ho'oponopono: everything that is, becomes "your problem" as soon as you come to know about the subject (persons, illnesses, whatever...) and YOU will have to deal with it and become responsible for whatever you do after you come to know about the subject.

No ignorance is allowed...you MUST deal with the subject, at least innerly...and sure try to avoid conflicts.

Unconditional love becomes obvious as soon as you dealed and solved the problem (at least innerly).

Means, as soon as you managed to avoid the conflict, solved it and became responsible with the consequences, you don't and won't feel hate so the only thing that left is...love.

with much love and respect
    Mall...

Spregovori wrote:So the general agreement (of those involved) seems to be that:

- your reaction to whatever someones says and does is your problem, deal with it
    - you are responsible for your actions
    - ignore if provoked
    - avoid conflict
    - defend if attacked
    - unconditional love is not something you see in a movie or read in a romantic novel
    - it is ok to go and "interfere" with life of another as long as the intent is benevolent
    - when asked a question a honest answer should be given
    - learn from experience and take care of yourself before taking care of others

I think that we as people are light years away from this.

Still it is somewhat "surprising" that topic was able to evolve this far. It seems that the careful choice of words, expressions and examples did prove to be a "safe" way of presenting a subject such as this....

Which brings me to the next thing - how would it look like to not be careful? Assumptions - Page 2 Icon_wink

Just how quick the hammer might fall....on the white-hot grounds....

eof
    Spregovori
    Spregovori

Post  Spregovori Tue May 04, 2010 9:14 am

SuiGeneris wrote:
    You can make a thread to collapse the forum you say?
    I hereby officially dare you to start one!!!!
    And you'll see I'll be able to keep it ALIVE!! Don't let anything hold you back.Big Grin 2

But Mercuriel is being so nice to us.... Hands up for Mercuriel! Assumptions - Page 2 Icon_cheers

SuiGeneris wrote:

Ha! Now that's what I call limited thinking...(no offense) I mean...it hasn't even started yet and you are already retreating.. psssh..tsk, tsk, tsk... some people are still too afraid to put the hand on the fire...without the experience there's no real learning... So be it.[/size]

Not retreating i am just done.

and i did say others may/might see the point in going on........
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Tue May 04, 2010 10:23 am

malletzky wrote:And all of this reminds me of Ho'oponopono: everything that is, becomes "your problem" as soon as you come to know about the subject (persons, illnesses, whatever...) and YOU will have to deal with it and become responsible for whatever you do after you come to know about the subject.
    Mall...
    Absolutely Malletzky,
    then Ho'oponopono comes to be the same thing as being responsible...

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/HhFrZ4-nxa4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/HhFrZ4-nxa4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
    Means, as soon as you managed to avoid the conflict, solved it and became responsible with the consequences, you don't and won't feel hate so the only thing that left is...love.
    You are so right...like Krishnamurti said...the only way to actually be able to define Unconditional Love is through negation. To discard everything that is NOT love...until you're only left with what is. The first 3 mins of this video talks about that...
    <object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LkVAQ49HJ0E"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LkVAQ49HJ0E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Kiss,

SuiG

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am