tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+9
Floyd
lawlessline
Lionhawk
orthodoxymoron
THEeXchanger
mudra
LeeEllisMusic
malletzky
Carol
13 posters

Merry Christmas Everyone

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Merry Christmas Everyone Empty Merry Christmas Everyone

Post  Carol Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:47 am

Merry Christmas Everyone Christmas_cross_1

The Tablecloth
    True Story - submitted by Pastor Rob Reid

The brand new pastor and his wife, newly assigned to their first ministry, to reopen a church
    in suburban Brooklyn , arrived in early October excited about their opportunities. When they saw
    their church, it was very run down and needed much work. They set a goal to have everything
    done in time to have their first service on Christmas Eve.

They worked hard, repairing pews, plastering walls,painting, etc, and on December 18 were
    ahead of schedule and just about finished.

On December 19 a terrible tempest - a driving rainstorm hit the area and lasted for two days.

On the 21st, the pastor went over to the church.His heart sank when he saw that the roof had
    leaked, causing a large area of plaster about 20 feet by 8 feet to fall off the front wall
    of the sanctuary just behind the pulpit, beginning about head high.

The pastor cleaned up the mess on the floor, and not knowing what else to do but postpone
    the Christmas Eve service, headed home. On the way he noticed that a local business was
    having a flea market type sale for charity, so he stopped in. One of the items was a beautiful,
    handmade, ivory colored, crocheted tablecloth with exquisite work, fine colors and a Cross
    embroidered right in the center. It was just the right size to cover the hole in the front
    wall. He bought it and headed back to the church.

By this time it had started to snow. An older woman running from the opposite direction was
    trying to catch the bus. She missed it. The pastor invited her to wait in the warm church for
    the next bus 45 minutes later.

She sat in a pew and paid no attention to the pastor while he got a ladder, hangers, etc., to put
    up the tablecloth as a wall tapestry. The pastor could hardly believe how beautiful it looked and
    it covered up the entire problem area.

Then he noticed the woman walking down the centeraisle. Her face was like a sheet. "Pastor,"
    she asked, "where did you get that tablecloth?"

The pastor explained. The woman asked him to checkthe lower right corner to see if the initials, EBG
    were crocheted intoit there. They were. These were the initials of the woman, and she had
    made this tablecloth 35 years before, in Austria .

The woman could hardly believe it as the pastor told how he had just gotten "The Tablecloth". The
    woman explained that before the war she and her husband were well-to-do people in Austria .

When the Nazis came, she was forced to leave. Her husband was going to follow her the next week.
    He was captured, sent to prison and never saw her husband or her home again.

The pastor wanted to give her the tablecloth; but she made the pastor keep it for the church.
    The pastor insisted on driving her home. That was the least he could do. She lived on the other
    side of Staten Island and was only in Brooklyn for the day for a housecleaning job.

What a wonderful service they had on Christmas Eve. The church was almost full. The music and the
    spirit were great. At the end of the service, the pastor and his wife greeted everyone at the door
    and many said that they would return.

One older man, whom the pastor recognized from the neighborhood continued to sit in one of the
    pews and stare, and the pastor wondered why he wasn't leaving.

The man asked him where he got the tablecloth on the front wall because it was identical to one
    that his wife had made years ago when they lived in Austria before the war and how
    could there be two tablecloths so much alike?

He told the pastor how the Nazis came, how he forced his wife to flee for her safety and he was
    supposed to follow her, but he was arrested and put in a prison. He never saw his wife or his home
    again all the 35 years between.

The pastor asked him if he would allow him to take him for a little ride. They drove to Staten
    Island and to the same house where the pastor had taken the woman three days earlier.

He helped the man climb the three flights ofstairs to the woman's apartment, knocked on
    the door and he saw the greatest Christmas reunion he could ever imagine.

~~~

Who says God does work in mysterious ways.
    I asked the Lord to bless you as I prayed for
    you today, to guide you and protect you as you go
    along your way. His love is always with you. His
    promises are true, and when we give Him all our
    cares we know He will see us through.

So when the road you're traveling seems
    difficult at best, just remember I'm here
    praying and God will do the rest.

Father, God, bless all my friends and family in what
    ever it is that You know they may be needing this
    day! May their lives be full of Your peace,
    prosperity and power as they seek to have a
    closer relationship with You. Amen.

Thank you Lee for sharing this story with me.

Last edited by Carol on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    malletzky
    malletzky

Merry Christmas Everyone Empty Re: Merry Christmas Everyone

Post  malletzky Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 am

Wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing here.

Mall...
    LeeEllisMusic
    LeeEllisMusic

Post  LeeEllisMusic Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:39 am

Beautifully presented, Carol!

Mahalo ~ ~ ~
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 am

Merry Christmas Everyone Compassion-quotes-image-894591

Merry Christmas Carol , Merry Christmas Lee , Merry Christmas to all my brothers and sisters from the Mists.
    There are so much of our soul qualities gathered within the lines of that wonderfull story : Love, hope, perseverance,compassion, faith.
    It seems these are all we need to lit that spark of magic into existence.

Lawless

Love for You
    mudra
    LeeEllisMusic
    LeeEllisMusic

Post  LeeEllisMusic Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:25 am

Thank You dear Mudra, Merry Christmas to you too!
    And to Carol, and all our brothers and sisters here in The Mists ~ ~ ~
    Merry Christmas!!!

This story reminds me that there is a plan and kindness at work that is so much larger than us, actually that IS us, and at times, we are shown the depth of Love and Destiny that surrounds and inhabits us always ~ ~ ~

Blessings All!
    Lee

Merry Christmas Everyone Attachment
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:06 am

thanks for posting this :)
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:15 am

You are welcome Susan. My husbands family fled Germany into Austria where he was born and much of what they had lost as it was taken by the Nazis. So this story is very poignant for us as well. I remember when we visited Budapest just before the Wall came down and the atmosphere there. Even though we stayed at the Hilton, when we called home to California I could tell someone was listening in on the call. (Having been a long distance telephone operator in my teens it's easy to tell if someone is listening in from a switchboard.)

My husbands family used to own a lace factory among other things. The Tablecloth story lets us know all things flow in a circle and what goes around comes back around. Twin flames will find a way to be together. Hadriel

THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 am

very true, about the twin flames - although, i think there are at least 11 + 1 (you) = 12
    so-called, twin flames for all of us to find

interesting it dove-tails like a flower of life
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:53 am

it saddens me to know
    that so many, from all cultures
    have been made to live thru hardships

most of which, have people fleeing from the churches
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 am

THEeXchanger wrote:very true, about the twin flames - although, i think there are at least 11 + 1 (you) = 12
    so-called, twin flames for all of us to find

interesting it dove-tails like a flower of life

That's an interesting point of view Susan.
    Could you explain a little more about this ?
    There is something sad about searching for the One perfect match.
    It can become like searching for a needle in a haystack .
    I have been obsessed with this ever since I first fell in Love.
    Then as I entered Old PA I experienced almost straight away what
    I would call an opening of my Heart Chakra. A strong flow
    of Love poured out from me for days and months onwards.
    360 degrees radiating Love for all.
    I encountered beings in PA that I felt I had known before and with
    few of them I have had very strong feelings and sense of deep soul
    connectedness that I hardly experienced before in this life.
    In a way it's been confusing me too .
    But you telling me we have at least 11 twin flames is like a veil lifting itself up.
    Like 11 mirrors in a circle to contemplate oneself into to get the full picture of who we really are.
    I like your idea that it dovetails like a flower of life.
    Its a freeing concept.
    I believe we are born from Love and that every being we encounter is an opportunity to remember this.
    There is something profound in the words of Jeff Foster where he says that not two people ever fell in Love.
    The moment Love arises there is only One.

Love from me
    mudra

LeeEllisMusic
    LeeEllisMusic

Post  LeeEllisMusic Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 am

I was told when studying the "Walk In" phenomena, that there are 12 components (fragments) to your Soul/ Higher Self - one of which is you. Then THAT soul has an Ovesoul with 12 components, so 144 fragments~ ~ ~ and on and on and on ~ ~ ~so, yes, like the flower of life ~ ~ ~ Also, from Prime Creator, these fragments "descend" in various dimensions and universes... but we're ALL part of the ONE ~ ~ ~ mirrors reflecting indeed :)

Makes my brain fry to conceive of it too intently, especially when dissecting and trying to assimilate the walk-in/ soul merges that I have experienced over the years. These days I don't worry about twin flames and such ~ I figure we 're all ONE anyway, and somehow it all works out in Divine Order I love you

Blessings,
    Lee

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:04 am

LeeEllisMusic wrote:These days I don't worry about twin flames and such ~ I figure we 're all ONE anyway, and somehow it all works out in Divine Order I love you

Blessings,
    Lee

I feel the same as you Lee .
    The Love for One is the Love for All .
    The Love for All is the Love for One.
    Whichever way I turn this around Love is always the same.

Hugs
    The Karen

Love for You
    mudra

LeeEllisMusic
    LeeEllisMusic

Post  LeeEllisMusic Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:11 am

So true Mudra, but I must admit, this just made me think of a humorous little saying that always comes to mind when I am in large crowds or someone cuts me off in traffic:

"I LOVE Humanity ~ It's PEOPLE I can't stand!" LOL I love you
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 am

I too have learned one can easily fall in love with just about anyone (the god within is one in all of us and this is what we resonate with). A twin flame is generally someone whose life path is in harmony with ones own path, so their union enhances each individual. Something is added as compared to being diminished. One is more oneself and then some. I'll leave Susan to explain some of the other details. However, I also agree with Lee. Our spirit is multi-dimensional and therefore, aspects of spirit exist in various dimensions. Just think of a lotus with it's roots in mud, stem in water and flower in air. One plant in various environments (one soul/spirit in various dimensions).

Our soul is basically conscious and function in this dimension, whereas our spirt goes everywhere. Memories of our spirit's journeys appear in dreams or even the creative process. Our soul is like a recording unit also taking in all of the current life's experiences. Our soul resonates at a particular spiritual frequency. Twin flames spiritual frequency are almost identical which makes for unique, harmonious union. Hadriel

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:19 pm

I heard the story in the first post from my choir director. I saw it later (2006) in the 'American Organist' magazine. Here is a Christmas song which is very bad (use of the F-word and religious discrimination), yet very funny. Viewer discretion highly advised. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksOCE5S_Bec I continually test myself and others with things I find personally objectionable - for better or for worse - I know not which. Carefully consider what 'Merry Christmas' really means. Hint: what is a Mass? Also, why is 'Good Friday' good? What happened on 'Good Friday'? Are 'Good Friday' and 'Merry Christmas' related in a not very nice way? Do Crucifixes express reverence and respect for Jesus Christ? Has the Christian Church primarily and faithfully taught and practiced the Teachings of Jesus during the past 2,000 years? Are the Words Attributed to Jesus really the Words of Isis? Think about it. Happy Holidays!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 am

Here is a Christmas present for you.

Click on the link below. When it opens, if you drag your mouse across the picture you may be surprised. I hadn't seen anything like this before.

Lionhawk
    Lionhawk

Post  Lionhawk Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Merry Christmas to you all! Even Floyd. LOL
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:20 pm

happy holiday season to all - it is time for me, to take a break
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Enjoy your break Susan.
    Be well and peace be with you.

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Peace be with you Susan and Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday You'll be missed. I look forward to your return. The Carol

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:I heard the story in the first post from my choir director. I saw it later (2006) in the 'American Organist' magazine. Here is a Christmas song which is very bad (use of the F-word and religious discrimination), yet very funny. Viewer discretion highly advised. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksOCE5S_Bec I continually test myself and others with things I find personally objectionable - for better or for worse - I know not which. Carefully consider what 'Merry Christmas' really means. Hint: what is a Mass? Also, why is 'Good Friday' good? What happened on 'Good Friday'? Are 'Good Friday' and 'Merry Christmas' related in a not very nice way? Do Crucifixes express reverence and respect for Jesus Christ? Has the Christian Church primarily and faithfully taught and practiced the Teachings of Jesus during the past 2,000 years? Are the Words Attributed to Jesus really the Words of Isis? Think about it. Happy Holidays!
    Consider this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejE8Orqrnag&feature=related and this:
    Merry Christmas Everyone FatimaVision3Merry Christmas Everyone FatimaVision3
    MERRY CHRISTMAS! = MERRY HUMAN SACRIFICE OF JESUS CHRIST!
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Happy soltice and all the best that life can bring.

t
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:10 am

Happy pagan solstice, even to Lionhawk lol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:09 am