tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Check the Radiation Level of your cell phone

gscraig
    gscraig

Check the Radiation Level of your cell phone Empty Check the Radiation Level of your cell phone

Post  gscraig Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:39 am

(Carryover from PA1)

Hello All,

Most of us are aware of cell phone technology emitting radiation (EMR-Electro Magnetic Radiation/RFR- Radio Frequency Radiation).

Below is a link that will give you specific cell phone radiation levels for all cellular brands (yes, they vary) and you can also enter your own brand to see it's particular radiation level. It is still not required by the FCC for the Cellular Phone Industry to release radiation levels for their phones to the public, so this is handy.

You can also review precautionary measures as well read about conditions associated to cell phone usage. You do not have to subscribe to access the information. There is a link (in small print) below the sign up area, where you can click on to continue without signing up.
    http://www.ewg.org/project/2009cellp...eradiation.php

gscraig
    JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Check the Radiation Level of your cell phone Empty Re: Check the Radiation Level of your cell phone

Post  JesterTerrestrial Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:27 am

Hi gscraig

that link you posted is not working right...

anyway...in an old thread about cell phones i once wrote about the phantom ring that I have personally experienced. I used to have a cell phone that was set to silent (vibrate) mode. When i had the phone with me it was usually in my side pocket. After a while I would feel the sensation of my phone ringing yet it was not ringing. i think this may have to do with the memory properties of the water that is in our cells and the effect of the phone radiation and vibration ring. It was a strange sensation and I have talked to others who have felt similar phantom rings.

Anther site I remember looking at a while back was discussing wireless sickness in out homes. Bluetooth, cordless phones, wireless routers, cell phones, video game controllers, satellite signals and more.
    I know that in the major centers that the consumer freq of 2.4 GHz and 5.8Ghz are full! And there are many other spectrum's in use pr commercial and emergency and military.

I have since then stopped using my phone! I am either going to master telepathy or build some crystal radios!

If our eyes could see the radio frequencies were all soaked in we would see our planet is soaked in a soup of man made radio waves! Thats not even looking at the electro magnetic pollution from the billions of miles of hydro wires rolling massive A/C current along the land...probably along some of the ley lines im guessing.

Peace JT!
    gscraig
    gscraig

Check the Radiation Level of your cell phone Empty Re: Check the Radiation Level of your cell phone

Post  gscraig Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks JT for the heads up.

Here is the updated link http://www.ewg.org/cellphoneradiation/Get-a-Safer-Phone

Everyone can also see the huge amount of data and reports on cell phones, cordless and bluetooth devices here as well. Type in "cell phone radiation" in the "find something" column (on the left of website) and check out the results you can view/read.

gscraig
    gscraig
    gscraig

Post  gscraig Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Good for San Francisco. Now requiring cell companies to provide radiation levels for their phones to consumers.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/06/16/san.francisco.cell.radiation/index.html?hpt=T2
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 am

San Francisco Passes Cellphone Radiation Law
    By JESSE McKINLEY

Imposing roughly the same cautionary standards for cellphones as for fatty food or sugary soda, this city - never shy aboutits opinions - voted on Tuesday to require all retailers to display the amount of radiation each phone emits.

A new law in San Francisco was hailed by Mayor Gavin Newsom as a major victory for cellphone shoppers' right to know. The law - believed to be the first of its kind in the nation - came despite a lack of conclusive scientific evidence showing that the devices are dangerous, and amid opposition from the wireless telephone industry, which views the labeling ordinance as a potential business-killing precedent. But the administration of Gavin Newsom, the city’s tech-happy mayor (he has more than 1.3 million followers on Twitter), called the vote a major victory for cell phone shoppers’ right to know. “It’s information that’s out there if you’re willing to look hard enough,” said Tony Winnicker, a spokesman for Mr. Newsom. “And we think that for the consumer for whom this is an area of concern, it ought to be easier to find.” Under the law, retailers will be required to post materials - in at least 11-point type - next to phones, listing their specific absorption rate, which is the amount of radio waves absorbed into the cellphone user’s body tissue. These so-called SAR rates can vary from phone to phone, but all phones sold in the United States must have a SAR rate no greater than 1.6 watts per kilogram, according to the Federal Communications Commission, which regulates the $190 billion wireless industry. But John Walls, a spokesman for C.T.I.A. - The Wireless Association, a trade group, said that forcing retailers to highlight that information might actually confuse consumers into thinking 'some phones are safer than others'. “We believe there is an overwhelming consensus of scientific belief that there is no adverse health effect by using wireless devices,” Mr. Wallssaid, “and this kind of labeling gets away from what the F.C.C.’s standard actually represents.” San Francisco, whose health- and eco-conscious residents already face mandatory composting and a ban on plastic bags, is not the first place to consider putting notices on cellphones. Earlier this month, the California Senate voted down an even more wide-ranging labeling bill. A bill in Maine that would have required warning labels on cellphones like those on cigarettes was defeated in March. Part of that legislative track record may stem from the fact that there is little conclusive proof that cellular devices are hazardous. Both the National Cancer Institute and the F.C.C. say that there is no scientific evidence that wireless phones are dangerous, but each agency continues to monitor continuing medical studies. A major study of cellphone use in 13 countries published online last month in the International Journal of Epidemiology found no increased risk for the two most common types of brain tumors, according to the cancer institute. In the most extreme cellphone users, there was a small increase in a type of cancer that attacks the cells that surround nerve cells, though researchers found that finding inconclusive. In San Francisco, officials were cautioning that the law was not meant to discourage cellphone use, or sales, rather merely to inform consumers. “This is not about telling people not to use cellphones,” said Mr. Winnicker. “Nobody loves his iPhone more than Mayor Newsom.”
    gscraig
    gscraig

Post  gscraig Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:52 am

I went to the Natural Store the other day and they were selling the radiation dampening chips to place on cell phones. Looks like this is hitting mainstream. Usually, once a manufacturer (dont recall name, was rushing) puts something out into the mainstream market of this nature, it would indicate a true "working product" (aside from Pharmaceutical Companies).

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 am