tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+4
enemyofNWO
Carmen
Adv
lindabaker
8 posters

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Avatar is out on DVD/Discussion Empty Avatar is out on DVD/Discussion

Post  lindabaker Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Avatar is already out on DVD, and I really couldn't believe it was in my hands to watch as many times as possible. Only saw it twice in 3D, and 2D might be not as visually stunning, Shocked but, then again, aahh the comfort of your own home, with ability to re-view specific scenes? Might just be better. Does anyone want to talk about what are your favorite scenes? Remember the scene under the Tree and they're all Holding Tail? Or, not favorite, when the bulldozers come crashing in just when you think they are going to stop? My heart stopped. Linda
    Adv
    Adv

Avatar is out on DVD/Discussion Empty Re: Avatar is out on DVD/Discussion

Post  Adv Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Watching it right now.... Truly brilliant
    Carmen
    Carmen

Post  Carmen Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi Lindabaker, I just looovved Avatar. Watched it on New Years Eve in our local cinema with a friend and only about four other people. It was just fantastic and it was only in 2D. I saw it later in 3d, and it was interesting cos it really didnt matter to me. The first viewing was soo special with nobody there hardly, it was like a private showing. Loved it! One of the favourite parts for me was, whathisname? in the new body, running and running, after being stuck in a wheelchair. That would be soo cool for someone wheelchair bound!! The forest, the lifeforms, the animals!! Ive always dreamed of living free in a forest like that. Made me cry.

Lotsa Love

Carmen
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:56 am

I liked Avatar , but I must admit that the Serial "Stargate SG1 "  touched on the same issues although in different episodes .  So to me the movie was nothing special from a point of view of concepts introduced to the viewers , event though the special effect were so . I am looking forward to the next episode of " V" as a possible script for real events in our future . 
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:23 am

Carmen: I thought when Nick Skully (sp?) started running for the first time was so great. I didn't want to write Whatisname (ha ha) and was too lazy to look up the character name, and too embarrassed that I couldn't remember it! Anyway, that was a very connecting moment emotionally, whether or not we have ever personally been disabled like that. I also see it as symbolic of being bound by 3d and suddenly being able to romp in the higher planes. Loved it.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:31 am

Enemy of NWO: I watch V as well. I really don't want that to be a story line for us! Could it possibly be that severe? It's like watching a train wreck, you can't look away, and you want to know what happens in the same moment. The creepiest thing of all is when Anna dropped all of those eggs. How do they come up with that stuff in such a visual, dramatic way? It must only have been a few seconds of camera work, but it was compelling. Again, the train wreck you don't, and do, want to see. What do you think is the source of our fascination? Is the storyline based on somebody's hard and fast knowledge plus some imagination? What percent truth and what percent wild creativity, do you think?

Last edited by lindabaker on Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:41 am

I saw 'Moon' last week, which was produced by David Bowie's son. Brilliant movie. '2001' revisited.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:56 am

lindabaker wrote:Enemy of NWO: I watch V as well. I really don't want that to be a story line for us! Could it possibly be that severe? It's like watching a train wreck, you can't look away, and you want to know what happens in the same moment. The creepiest thing of all is when Anna dropped all of those eggs. How do they come up with that stuff in such a visual, dramatic way? It must only have been a few seconds of camera work, but it was compelling. Again, the train wreck you don't, and do, want to see. What do you think is the source of our fascination? Is the storyline based on somebody's hard and fast knowledge plus some imagination? What percent truth and what percent wild creativity, do you think?

There are a few things left for interpretation to the imagination of the viewer . So people would come to different conclusions . I suppose that is the sign of good script writers  . You say the dropping of the eggs was creepy , I agree with it . You remember one of the last scenes when Anna seems to increase in body size and bares her teeth  ? After that the viewer is left with the impression that Anna eats the sperm donor or sexual partner  . Isn't this the typical behavior of arachnids ?(spiders and scorpions ) .  So really are the " V" reptilians or arachnids ? 
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:22 am

EnemyofNWO: "You remember one of the last scenes when Anna seems to increase in body size and bares her teeth  ? After that the viewer is left with the impression that Anna eats the sperm donor or sexual partner  . Isn't this the typical behavior of arachnids ?(spiders and scorpions ) .  So really are the " V" reptilians or arachnids ? [/quote]

Linda: Naw, not arachnids. I believe the storytellers are saying reptiles do that as well as arachnids. Another creepy detail.

The human fetus in the third month of gestation has a reptilian tail which falls off and dissolves if all goes correctly. There are humans, however, born with tails as something failed in the order of things. Has anyone researched our (human dna) reptilian genetic baseline? I'd love to see the new studies. Have the codes been spliced? It's all a mystery to me, which makes for interesting reading and writing. I write dialogue, and there's major skill involved with the unfolding of the plot and the insertion of certain information. It's not heavy-handed but heavy hitting. Linda
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:09 pm

lindabaker wrote:EnemyofNWO: "You remember one of the last scenes when Anna seems to increase in body size and bares her teeth  ? After that the viewer is left with the impression that Anna eats the sperm donor or sexual partner  . Isn't this the typical behavior of arachnids ?(spiders and scorpions ) .  So really are the " V" reptilians or arachnids ?
    Linda: Naw, not arachnids. I believe the storytellers are saying reptiles do that as well as arachnids. Another creepy detail.

"The human fetus in the third month of gestation has a reptilian tail which falls off and dissolves if all goes correctly. There are humans, however, born with tails as something failed in the order of things. Has anyone researched our (human dna) reptilian genetic baseline? I'd love to see the new studies. Have the codes been spliced? It's all a mystery to me, which makes for interesting reading and writing. I write dialogue, and there's major skill involved with the unfolding of the plot and the insertion of certain information. It's not heavy-handed but heavy hitting. Linda[/quote "
    Interesting that you mention reptilian DNA . It appears that our DNA is compatible for interbreeding !?!?  What make us then ? Please watch the video below it is only 5 min long but packed with information .The video is of an Italian woman who was abducted , she has implants , unexplained scars , photograph and had an abortion and there is a photo of the little creature too . It look different . According to her our genetic makeup is compatible to theirs (the abductors ), that's why the kidnappers are trying ( so they say ) to save their specie with our help ( involuntary I presume ) . The video is in Spanish and Italian with English subtitles . Watch carefully at about the time marker  4.56  min       .https://www.youtube.com/v/yRPV-NlNUdU&hl=en_US&fs=1&%22%3E%3C/param%3E%3Cparam
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:17 pm

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:14 pm

So, what happened to the fetus? Has is been "lost" by some government agency by now? I don't know many Italian women who would admit to any of that unless is was either the truth, or a big story with motivations we can't begin to discern. I would like to see the comparison between a normal human fetus and the "alien" fetus at the same number of days of gestation. That woman called it a "monster" and it certainly looked like one. Of course, so do humans at that stage. Very interesting material. Of course, the US media never picked it up as far as I remember.

Swanny, thanks for the clickable. Quite handy, my friend! LB
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:34 pm

lindabaker wrote:Does anyone want to talk about what are your favorite scenes?

Hi Linda!

The entire movie is my favorite scene as you would've easily guessed!

Although I don't really consider it just a movie....

It is very deep, and talks to our subconscious mind...

Yes it would be interesting to talk about each scene, its meaning, interpretations, message, and then watch it again...with a new understanding. It will speak to you differently each time... as with any masterpiece.

With Love,

SuiG
    GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT
    GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT

Post  GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:04 am

Last edited by GODDESS OF PURPLE LIGHT on Thu May 27, 2010 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Avatar is out on DVD/Discussion Empty Avatar Face Morphing Exhibit

Post  SuiGeneris Sun May 09, 2010 12:18 am

Avatar Face Morphin Exhibit in LA!!
    <object id="flashObj" width="404" height="436" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1813626064?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=79374749001&playerID=1813626064&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9/1813626064?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=79374749001&playerID=1813626064&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="404" height="436" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowscriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

How Cool is this!!!Double Thumbs Up

SuiG
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Avatar is out on DVD/Discussion Empty Avatar: new form of the Epic: Epic squared

Post  lindabaker Mon May 10, 2010 5:57 am

Avatar is the first as far as I can tell. The first Epic To The Second Power. What I mean is this: The Greeks gave us epic theater: (a story told with a narrator and/or chorus and music.) Now, Avatar the film has a new form of epic narration: Jake Sully as the Marine from earth, narrating from his point of view as a human. In addition, (or squared): His Avatar also narrates from the point of view of the Na'vi Jake Sully. We see and hear another narrator within the same story and with the same character who has a different consciousness. This is groundbreaking. Does anyone know of any previous productions in which a character has two different narrators at the beginning? One guy, two worlds, two points of view. Jake's consciousness and point of view are blended by the end, and two different narrator points of view become one. Sweet. A hero's journey that shows us a change in consciousness in an entirely new way. Now they need to re-write the theater history books.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:16 am