tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+39
Anchor
giovonni
sabina
sunflower
Linda
THEeXchanger
Beren
Gridkeeper
Sanicle
Carol
ClearWater
Zingara
enemyofNWO
spiritwarrior
SiriArc
HigherLove
Simplicity
investigator
reality=check
Jenetta
TRANCOSO
gscraig
Jonah
Silent Witness
Lad of the North
JesterTerrestrial
Floyd
devakas
lawlessline
Micjer
solent
lindabaker
orthodoxymoron
Lionhawk
newel
Brook
mudra
Mercuriel
malletzky
43 posters

Complaint against the Mists

mudra
    mudra

Complaint against the Mists - Page 4 Empty Re: Complaint against the Mists

Post  mudra Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Regarding the posting of articles I found this within the guide lines of another forum :

http://www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Forum_usage_guidelines

Posting of weblinks

It is also usually a good idea to copy and paste the first paragraph or so from the linked page and put those inside a quote box in the post. This allows the reader to decide whether they are interested in the target page before they click it. Only copy a maximum of around 100 words though, otherwise you risk copyright infringement.

Love Always
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Um, Mercuriel, I didn't understand your last post. Please let me know what you decide is the correct thing for us to do. Maybe Mudra can explain for us right brainers, thanks, if Merc. deems all of this necessary. (So Merc has time to do the other stuff)?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:36 pm

lindabaker wrote:Um, Mercuriel, I didn't understand your last post. Please let me know what you decide is the correct thing for us to do. Maybe Mudra can explain for us right brainers, thanks, if Merc. deems all of this necessary. (So Merc has time to do the other stuff)?

Linda I can only speak about articles here .
    Go over all your postings and check those you posted articles in .
    Avoid the posting of the full article . Give title plus quote first paragraph or so and then link to original article .
    This will avoid copyright infringement.

Through your profile " statistics " you can find your posts back.

I don't know how to go about photos or pictures yet .

Love from me
    mudra

Jenetta
    Jenetta

Complaint against the Mists - Page 4 Empty Re: Complaint Against The Mists

Post  Jenetta Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:04 pm

DO WE GET PAID FOR THIS EXTRA WORK?? Wink Wink I'M MORE JESTER TERRESTRIAL'S MINDSET. MAYBE THESE WACKOS COULD VISIT SOMALIA AND RECEIVE AN EDUCATION.

Post  investigator Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Feel free to delete any of my posts that you think would violate their TOS in the "oh the drama" section or anywhere else, if you deem it necessary Mercuriel, I probably did offend people when I was criticizing David Wilcock's, David Wolfe, Bill Ryan etc. I prefer the lazy mans delete button to having to go through hundreds of posts, because for me it would seem like a waste of time, feel free to delete it, you have my full permission lol. I figure if someone would be as petty as to complain to forumotion, for not liking others political opinion just to shut this board down, then they can receive the karma for it later on.
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:20 pm

My biggest problem is photos....what to do? Removing them will seriously destroy much of the posts.
    Simplicity
    Simplicity

Post  Simplicity Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Maybe you could set up a page on a free site like blogspot or something, where you could put announcements for everyone to see, in case the forum goes down and can't be accessed
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Brook wrote:My biggest problem is photos....what to do? Removing them will seriously destroy much of the posts.

Brook here is what I could find regarding copyright on images .
    It comes from yahoo.answers :

How do you know if a picture online is copyrighted?
    My dad is participating in the YouTube Adsense program. He is planning on doing a video that contains pictures of historical sites, temples, gods, royal seals, etc. Since, of course, one of the rules is that we can't use any copyrighted material on a YouTube video, we need to know if the pictures are copyrighted or not. Is there any way that we can check that out?
    8 months ago
    brisray

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Dwade is talking crap. ALL original work on the internet is automatically covered by copyright and following their advice could not only get you banned from YouTube but also get your dad sued. This ruling was first introduced by the Berne Convention of 1886 and updated in 1996 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Conve…

What you need to do is either use work in the public domain - which is free for all purposes, get permission from whoever owns the copyright (usually the site author) or use images that has one of the "copyleft" licenses - but you'll have to check the license agreement before using it as there are several varieties.

Incidentally, anything from a U.S. government website is public domain.

There are libraries of both public domain and creative commons (copyleft) images on the internet. Try looking at these sites...

http://www.google.com/search?q=public+do…
    http://www.google.com/search?q=creative+…

One of the best search engines for thes type of images is the one at http://search.creativecommons.org/

Penn State University has a good list of websites - http://mediacommons.psu.edu/freemedia

Archive.org is another good search engine of free to use images, audio, video clips and other stuff - http://www.archive.org/details/movies

Arrow http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101128090818AAC5DD6

Love Always
    mudra
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Ahh...I jsut saw something...I think I'm okay on the photos as they are in the area as 'copyleft"...that is where I got virtually all of them. Whew! but to be safe I'll check it again.
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:18 pm

Well, I get the point of shorter news articles/using "SNIPS" of articles, with one exception: articles often are rewritten, or just disappear.

IF IT IS NECESSARY: Please delete any posts/threads that may be in question. Others have written about things far more important, and reorganizing my thoughts/starting over is fine.

Many of the pictures that I took with my own camera were disabled when the HTML was disabled, but they are all still around. I only use Photobucket because I know how to resize images with that program. I am not sure if that can be done with BB Code, but I still have all of my own pictures, which I have distributed without any conditions.

I really liked my Avatar, but it may be a copyright infringement, itself. Currently, my avatar is a pic of me. This is for two reasons: 1) I "own" the image and grant myself permission to use it 2) Hopefully it may serve as a reminder to the folks at Forum Motion that there are real people behind these avatars, and that a great deal of work has gone into making this a great site.

I am off to see if I can find the "fair use" statement...I think it certainly applies here.

Our riches cannot be measured by people who are preoccupied by misaligned priorities.

My thanks to everybody here.

PEACE!

Troy
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Mercuriel wrote:Heres the whole sordid thing layed out in the discussion I'm having with Forumotion...

http://help.forumotion.com/t93450-an-abuse-has-been-reported

Yep - We might be "Pooched"...

I'm trying to get more Info so I can prevent It but You may be right - They might have had It with Us and this is the takedown...

More to follow...

Boxer

Imo this is something personal, rather than 'us' abusing some rule.

How can it be that a 19 year 'Support Moderator' - http://help.forumotion.com/t93450-an-abuse-has-been-reported - decides over deleting all the magnificent information that is available at the Mists?

It means anybody can drop something on a forum, than complain about it, resulting in the mess we're in now....

Who runs 'Forumotion'?

Not him.

Merc, shouldn't you pm those in charge there, to tell 'm this is a totally ridiculous situation?

In a friendly fashion...

(Btw, 'word on Lurker Street is 'Boomerang'... As in 'what you give is what you get', I suppose...)

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 am

I'm starting to get the same feeling I had at the tail-end of Avalon 1. Is this a fake take-down, or is this the real-deal?
    SiriArc
    SiriArc

Complaint against the Mists - Page 4 Empty freefreefreefree

Post  SiriArc Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:32 am

Trancoso's #86

RE-READ IT

Now For Many, Recall:
    theasswiping dynamic of "free" "free" "free" "free"
    forum hoseing, like:
    nings
    invisionpus
    forumlotion
    ad nauseam

Note a year's worth of People's Time and Effort .......
    Note the timing of the recent "ads" ReAppearence .......

Over a year ago, advice from many cited the proportional
    cost of a Real Forum Host relative to the cost of ad removal
    on some "free" thing.
    Over a year ago, via a major lack of "owner" ad/mod site control,
    talk of moving this Forum/Effort To A Real Host ....... alas.

As The Tran Doth Speaketh,

"Btw, 'word on Lurker Street is 'Boomerang'... As in 'what you give is what you get"

aka

ya get what ya pay for
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:07 am

I am trying so very hard to stop posting, and just research. Period. I'm also liking the idea of eliminating the cell-phone and endless hours on the internet, because of the monitoring. I realize that monitoring can still occur, but I still would like to minimize my exposure at this point. This latest crisis is one more reason for me to go dark, and become an ultra-secret society of one. I can give myself the secret orthodoxymoron handshake, as I watch the end of the world from the comfort of my shallow underground civilian base.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:14 am

SiriArc wrote:

As The Tran Doth Speaketh,

"Btw, 'word on Lurker Street is 'Boomerang'... As in 'what you give is what you get"

aka

ya get what ya pay for[/b][/center]
    More like an eye for an eye...
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:I am trying so very hard to stop posting, and just research. Period. I'm also liking the idea of eliminating the cell-phone and endless hours on the internet, because of the monitoring. I realize that monitoring can still occur, but I still would like to minimize my exposure at this point. This latest crisis is one more reason for me to go dark, and become an ultra-secret society of one. I can give myself the secret orthodoxymoron handshake, as I watch the end of the world from the comfort of my shallow underground civilian base.

That was truly funny.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

Mudra, the Penn State link proved to be most informational. Check it out, guys.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 am

I plan to swelter in my shelter. Or perhaps I should say 'Beam me up SaLuSa!'

Complaint against the Mists - Page 4 Ufobeamingup
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 am

Tell Me about not getting payed and no Oxy - No One is taking Us down - Just inconveniencing Us is all if anything. We're together now and nothing will break that up. One of Prime Creator's most successful Avatars is on the Job ensuring It...

Wink

-//-

I am about to Delete the Attachments We currently have...

I have set out some Plans for proceeding to those just joining this Thread. Those Plans are in the preceding Posts of this Thread and so if You really care - You'll read this whole Thread rather than having Me requote everything thats been said already.

Whistle

That said - We have a Backup Forum to go to if this goes down.

I've already bought a Site for Us but the Sicknesses Carol and I have had to deal with over the past Year have made a Migration of that type difficult. We ARE going to go to this Option though and as things are now - I'm intending It to occur when I come back from Holidays this Fall.

C'mon Peeps - Dust off them Memory Banks please before critisizing Us. Besides this is not what the Thread was created for - It was for Solutions I would guess so lets keep the Dynamic of this Thread at that Vibration OK ?

Again - I am going to give an Hour from now to Everyone to grab any Attachments They may want to keep or DL - Then I'm gonna delete Them All.

Omnipotence

I'm gonna be moving through My List of things to do about this today and so if Members could check Their own Posts for Violation of the TOS as already described previously in this Thread - It would be much appreciated...

Thubs Up

Last edited by Mercuriel on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Mistakes corrected and Emphasis added)

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 am

Thanks for the good news re the back up forum Mercuriel.
    I am working daily on checking over my posts and am progressing well on this .
    Should be done with them by tomorrow .
    I have just sent you a PM regarding the deletion of one of my threads that I can't do myself.

If everyone here gives a hand we will make it friends .
    We just can't leave all the burden to Mercuriel .

The Karen

Love from me
    mudra
    spiritwarrior
    spiritwarrior

Post  spiritwarrior Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 am

hi Mercuriel

i'm an old poster. still peep in but not well enough to post a lot of the time. i've deleted my posts that needed it but some are in closed threads any chance you can unlock them.

anything i can do to help?

blessings to all spiritwarrior JT

send you pm

Last edited by spiritwarrior on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:57 am

Just give Me the Links to those Threads and I'll Unlock 'em if relevant OK ?

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    spiritwarrior
    spiritwarrior

Complaint against the Mists - Page 4 Empty Complaint against the Mists

Post  spiritwarrior Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:03 am

send you a pm with details Mercuriel. if you give in a few minutes i'll be in and out quickly in case you want to close again.

thank you so much for all your doing to keep mists afloat. blessings to your partner too.

spiritwarrior The Winner
    spiritwarrior
    spiritwarrior

Post  spiritwarrior Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 am

i don't know whats happening, i try to edited post in "Gulf Oil Platform Explosion and Spill" just now and i get

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    yet i can get in on your links but not to edit??

am aware your up to yer eyes at present.so probably best left

blessings spiritwarrior scratch
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:38 am

Spiritwarrior cheers
    Good to see you here .
    You have often been in my Heart and thoughts.
    Hope you are well.
    Thank you so much for giving us a hand in this matter.

Much Love for You

Hugs

mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 am