tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+19
lawlessline
Simplicity
orthodoxymoron
Arrowwind
Sanicle
HigherLove
enemyofNWO
Jenetta
lindabaker
JesterTerrestrial
icecold
MargueriteBee
devakas
Carol
TRANCOSO
Raven
mudra
Mercuriel
giovonni
23 posters

Trends That Will Affect Your Future …

giovonni
    giovonni

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 Empty Re: Trends That Will Affect Your Future …

Post  giovonni Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:49 am

i absolutely support this. Perhaps it will provide the seed for a movement. i am willing to go into the streets over this.

Madison (Wisconsin) activists push resolution to deny constitutional rights to corporations

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 Constitution

By Sahil Kapur
    Tuesday, April 12th, 2011

Wisconsin activists are promoting a symbolic resolution in the city of Madison to build support for the belief that corporations don't deserve constitutional rights like people.

"Only human beings, not corporations, are entitled to constitutional rights," reads the terse resolution offered by the group Move To Amend. "Money is not speech, and therefore regulating political contributions and spending is not equivalent to limiting political speech."

The Supreme Court's decision last year in Citizens United vs. FEC granted corporations the right to spend unlimited amounts of money to influence elections -- federal law would legally override attempts by cities and states to reverse it.

The move was covered by the local Isthmus newspaper and heralded in a letter to the editor published in another Madison paper. "It’s time to say 'no' to the court's decision," wrote Jacqueline Kelley. "On April 5, we can vote 'yes' twice for the amendment as residents of both Madison and Dane County. Our future could depend upon a proper outcome."

The full text of the resolution follows.

####

"RESOLVED, the City of Madison, Wisconsin, calls for reclaiming democracy from the corrupting effects of undue corporate influence by amending the United States Constitution to establish that:
    1. Only human beings, not corporations, are entitled to constitutional rights, and
    2. Money is not speech, and therefore regulating political contributions and spending is not equivalent to limiting political speech."

Source;
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/12/madison-activists-push-resolution-to-deny-constitutional-rights-to-corporations/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 Empty Re: Trends That Will Affect Your Future …

Post  giovonni Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 am

I have a dozen similar stories concerning different parts of the country, and the world.

This is going to go on for months, perhaps longer, and it is in the cumulative effect that the real danger lies.

***********Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 Spinachleaves***********
    Europeans warned to avoid drinking milk or eating vegetables due to high radiation levels
    http://www.naturalnews.com/032050_radioactive_food_nuclear_radiation.html
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:00 pm

For those who include meat in their diets here in the U.S. - or anywhere for that matter...

Here is another aspect of the Big Agra trend. I advise you to locate and work with local food sources, that grow their animals and fowl humanely, and cultivate organically.

High bacteria levels in meat at U.S. stores: report

By Aman Ali

NEW YORK | Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:02pm EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Meat found on grocery store shelves often contains high levels of bacteria, with more than half of the bacteria resistant to multiple types of antibiotics, a study released on Friday said.

The meat is still safe to eat but consumers should take precautions especially in handling and cooking, the chief researcher for the study said.

The Translational Genomics Research Institute, a nonprofit biomedical research group, checked 136 meat samples from 26 grocery stores in Illinois, Florida, California, Arizona and Washington, D.C.

Dr. Lance Price, the head researcher on the study, said high levels of Staphylococcus aureus (S.Aureus) bacteria were found in the meat.

"Staph causes hundreds of thousands of infections in the United States every year," Price said in an interview. "It causes a whole slew of infections ranging from skin infections to really bad respiratory infections like pneumonia."

The Food and Drug Administration said it is aware of the study's findings, and similar studies of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in meats, and is working with the U.S. Agriculture Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the issue.

Price said the most significant finding is not the level of bacteria on the meats, but rather how the bacteria are becoming strongly resistant to antibiotics used to treat animals before slaughter.

The study found that in 96 percent of the meats with staph bacteria, the bacteria were resistant to at least one type of antibiotic, and 52 percent were resistant to three or more types.

"The bacteria is always going to be there. But the reason why they're resistant is directly related to antibiotic use in food animal production," Price said. "Antibiotic resistance is one of the greatest threats to public health we face today."

"This is one more reason to be very careful when you're handling raw meat and poultry in the kitchen," Price said. "You can cook away these bacteria. But the problem is when you bring in that raw product, you almost inevitably contaminate your kitchen with these bacteria."

Turkey was the meat that most often contained bacteria resistant to three or more antibiotics, followed by pork, beef and chicken.

The study was published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases on Friday and is available here http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2011/04/14/cid.cir181.full

(Additional reporting by Esha Dey in Washington; Editing by Xavier Briand)

Source;
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/15/us-usa-meat-bacteria-idUSTRE73E80D20110415?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&ca=go2
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:18 am

Through the quotidian rhythm imposed by SR I sit at my computer and watch streams of data trek across my desk, the influences shaping the World's and America's future. The details teach me the trends if I can find the pattern. I publish SR to show you these trends so you can see them swell and retreat, like a melody in a symphony. The trick is to put all judgments aside and just follow the data with no cherished outcome.

The stories I have to do, like those today, often give me no pleasure and, increasingly, I find myself thinking about what is to be done. I offer this: Spend at least 30 minutes each day supporting in someway the things you believe in. Whether the form is a demonstration, volunteering, or funding, do this faithfully each day. If my readers would make that commitment we can change our society in a compassionate and life-affirming manner.

Can I count on you?

-- Stephan
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:35 am

Giovanni ,

I really enjoy this thread . Thanks .
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:44 pm

enemyofNWO wrote:Giovanni ,

I really enjoy this thread . Thanks .

thank you ~ I love you all here!
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:53 pm

As with the financial crisis no one and no company involved with the Gulf Crisis is being held accountable. Nothing changes. The well closure devices, known to be flawed, are still in use. The American Federal government now quite blatantly puts corporate interests ahead of the interests of the people. Democrat or Republican it doesn't really matter, with a few notable individual exceptions, such as Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders. The Fix is in across the board.

Nil, Baby, Nil: Congress Fails To Pass A Single Oil Spill Law

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 R-DEEPWATER-large570

Updated: 04/20/11 12:01 PM ET

NEW YORK -- Soon after his son Gordon died in the Deepwater Horizon explosion last April, Keith Jones made eight trips to Washington D.C. to push for stronger safety measures in offshore oil drilling and to increase the compensation paid to victims of the tragic accident. He met with President Obama, who apologized for the families' "unimaginable grief" and cradled Gordon's baby boy Maxwell in his arms.

When Jones arrived on Capitol Hill, he says he was mobbed by Senators and Representatives eager to express their condolences and to promise that they would swiftly pass legislation to make sure such a tragedy never happens again.

He is still waiting.

In the year since the worst environmental disaster in the nation's history, Congress hasn't adopted any major laws on oil and gas drilling -- despite introducing more than 150 bills to improve the safety and oversight of offshore drilling and holding more than 60 hearings to discuss the spill's causes and consequences with regulators, oil company officials, grieving relatives and Gulf-area fishermen.

"Nothing has happened," said Jones, speaking by phone from his law office in Baton Rouge. "When oil was still gushing out of the Gulf, everybody wanted to do everything right, to do whatever they could to keep that from happening again. But that was then. Now, everybody is back to drilling more, making more money and not worrying about safety. That attitude is what cost the lives of 11 men and caused the biggest environmental disaster in our history," he said.

Jones traces the inaction to political gridlock and to the nation's fading attention span. He claims that as soon as the gushing undersea well was capped and the nonstop TV coverage slowed to a trickle in July, he no longer commanded the same attention.

"I remember the day they capped that well -- those images had been up in the corner of every TV screen, all that oil gushing into the ocean -- I stopped seeing senators and congressmen and started seeing staffers."

In January, President Obama's oil spill commission released a slew of recommendations for changes that would seek to ensure safer drilling operations, provide better spill response, lift the existing liability cap on oil companies and secure funding for coastal restoration efforts in the Gulf. Yet though bipartisan leaders of the commission have personally lobbied members of Congress, no major legislation has been adopted. Lawmakers did accept the commission's recommendation for a budget increase for the federal agency with oversight of offshore drilling.

"I am disappointed," said oil spill commission co-chairman William Reilly, a former EPA administrator under President George H.W. Bush. He added that he is worried by House Natural Resources Committee chair Rep. Doc Hastings' (R-Wash.) intention "to wait until all the investigations are resolved before developing his own legislation. One hopes that it will be responsive to the commission's recommendations," Reilly said.

A bill sponsored by Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) that would enact many of the commission's recommendations has little chance of passing, given the Republican majority in the House.

Markey expressed his disappointment at the lack of a legislative response in a statement provided to The Huffington Post:

"One year after the BP spill began, the American people and the citizens of the Gulf shouldn't believe that another major spill couldn't occur, or that our response wouldn't be as sub-par as it was during last summer's spill. Many holes still exist in our offshore drilling safety regime, and another spill could happen again."

About 18 months after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989 -- the largest spill in the nation's history at the time -- Congress passed the Oil Pollution Act, which required companies to detail their spill-prevention and spill-cleanup plans, notes Richard Charter, a senior policy adviser at Defenders of Wildlife, a conservation group.

"You're seeing Congress pretend that Deepwater never happened," he said. "You're seeing them say, 'Let's take similar risks in sensitive areas, in spite of what happened.'"

Just last week, the House Natural Resources Committee passed three bills to accelerate the offshore drilling permitting process and open up new areas to drilling off the coasts of California, Florida, Massachusetts and North Carolina. The bill's sponsor, Hastings, says his legislation increases safety oversight by writing a requirement for government permitting of offshore drilling projects into federal law.

The legislation, which would require federal regulators to act on offshore drilling permits within 30 days, alarmed environmentalists and members of the administration who expressed their concern that it rushes an important process.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar blamed Republicans for having a "sense of amnesia" about last year's spill, adding, "much of the legislation that I have seen being bandied around, especially with the House Republicans, is almost as if the Deepwater Horizon Macondo well incident never happened."

The opposition to new legislation that requires stricter oversight largely stems from the anti-regulatory zeal of conservative lawmakers and from the influence of the oil industry, say congressional staffers from both parties.

In 2010, the oil and gas industry spent more than $146 million to lobby the federal government and donated $28 million to federal campaigns, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

"The lobbying is relentless and continuous on the Hill," says John Amos, a former oil industry geologist who heads the SkyTruth environmental group. "And the public sector groups are no match for the well-oiled machine that the American Petroleum Institute is."

Shortly before he introduced his legislation, Hastings held a closed-door, invitation-only meeting with top energy lobbyists, Politico reported. A spokesperson for Hastings did not return several requests for comment.

And BP is back to making contributions to politicians -- largely to GOP leaders -- breaking a self-imposed moratorium on such donations in the wake of the oil spill. The oil giant gave $5,000 contributions to House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), and House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.), among others.

Last week, Louisiana's senators, Mary Landrieu (D) and David Vitter (R), introduced legislation that calls for dedicating at least 80 percent of BP penalties paid under the Clean Water Act to Gulf states to restore the coastal ecosystem and its economies damaged by the spill.

Some lawmakers from both parties have argued that new legislation should await the results of several ongoing investigations into the accident by the National Academy of Engineering and the Chemical Safety Board. Though the same caution was preached in advance of the oil spill commission's findings in January, no new legislation has been proposed. Rep. John Fleming (R-La.) expressed his concern about the tendency in Washington for incidents to prompt new laws "and a whole new level of bureaucracy. ... There's no question we need to improve oversight, but I rather doubt that a new law is a good thing," he told the Shreveport Times. "That's sort of a knee-jerk reaction we have in Washington."

Offshore drilling watchdog SkyTruth's John Amos, whose satellite-imagery exposed the true extent of the spill, advocates legislation that requires stronger oversight of deepwater drilling but agreed it "may be appropriate to keep your powder dry while the Chemical Safety Board [probe] is still going on."

Some of the presidential oil spill commission's recommendations have been adopted by the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management Regulation and Enforcement, the regulatory agency that oversees offshore drilling. Led by former prosecutor Michael Bromwich, the successor agency to the scandal-prone Minerals Management Service has won praise for ramping up oversight, though critics claim that it still depends too much on industry-written standards and has not yet revamped its oil spill response plans. Since imposing new safety and environmental rules, the bureau has approved 46 new shallow-water wells and 10 permits for deepwater drilling projects that had been blocked by Obama's moratorium in the wake of the oil spill.

Among Jones's biggest frustrations was to witness first-hand the collapse of an uncontroversial bill to change an archaic law, the Death on the High Seas Act, that limits the damages that the families of the 11 victims of the Deepwater Horizon can recover. After passing the House, the bill was held up in the Senate due to lobbying by cruise lines and shipping companies until Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Jay Rockefeller (D-Del.) adjusted it to only apply to the Deepwater victims. But one senator, Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) blocked the body from voting on it in December, just before the end of the congressional session.

Jones said that he tried to talk to the senator but "he didn't have time for me." One of DeMint's staffers told Jones that the senator objected because he did not believe that Congress should pass laws that have a retroactive effect, the staffer claimed.

"That's a lie," thundered Jones, explaining that DeMint voted in the House to pass legislation in 2000 that amended the liability for aviation accidents to make it retroactive by five years. And a week after blocking the bill to amend the Death on the High Seas Act, DeMint supported the legislation to help treat 9/11 first responders.

DeMint was also the only senator who prevented a vote by unanimous consent on a bill that would have given President Obama's oil spill commission subpoena power -- a spokesman later said that DeMint himself did not object to the provision but that he was acting on behalf of "members of the Republican conference." He eventually lifted the block and the measure passed. A similar measure had earlier passed the House by a vote of 420-1.

A spokesperson for DeMint declined several requests for comment.

Former Rep. Charlie Melancon (D-La.) who voted for the bill to amend the Death on the High Seas Act, says he was stunned that it didn't pass, especially since it appears that there was negligence.

"How do you tell these people that you and your children don't get a thing?" he asked. "In good conscience, it's difficult for me to understand."

Source;
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/19/nil-baby-nil-congress-fai_n_851274.html
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:48 pm

We continue to learn that much of our behavior is driven by our physical organism...

As with blood, several types of human gut

By Agence France-Presse
    Wednesday, April 20th, 2011

PARIS — The human digestive tract, host to an ecosystem teaming with trillions of living bacteria, comes in three variations as distinct as blood groups, according to a study released Wednesday.

These so-called "enterotypes" are found in populations worldwide and exist independent of race, country of origin, diet, age or state of health, the study reported.

The findings have major implications for detecting and predicting the risk of diseases ranging from intestinal cancers to diabetes to Crohn's disease, a painful inflammation of the bowels, the researchers said.

They also showed that certain strains of bacteria -- varying in concentration across the three intestinal types -- boost the likelihood of obesity, a discovery that could help explain why some people struggle more than others to shed excess weight.

"The more efficiently the bacteria extract energy from food, the greater the chance that the person has a high BMI," or body-mass index, said co-author Stanislav Dusko Ehrlich, a professor at France's National Agronomy Research Institute.

"Looking at the genes of the microbiota tells us with much greater precision than looking at the genes of the individual if someone is obese or not," he told AFP.

BMI measures deviation from optimal levels of body fat.

he study, published in Nature, could also help scientists tailor treatments for certain diseases to the intestinal profile of the patient.

"The three gut types explain why the uptake of medicines and nutrients vary from person to person," said Jeroen Raes, a researcher at VIB-Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and a co-author of the study.

"This knowledge could form the basis of personalised medicine with treatments and doses determined on the basis of gut type," he said.

Some 100 trillion bacteria -- up to 1,000 different species -- live inside our intestines, where they play a crucial role in converting food into energy and protected us from pathogens.

In exchange, our digestive track provides these single-celled guests with food and shelter.

This symbiosis is a crucial element of human health, but when disrupted can lead to disorders with consequences ranging from poor digestion to death.

"Certain species of bacteria can become overly abundant, while others can disappear. It can happen at any point in one's life," said Ehrlich in an interview.

Researchers can now aim to design treatments that seek to stimulate "good" bacteria, or inhibit the growth of those that do us harm, in order to reestablish a balance, he said.

"We can even imagine one day 'transplanting' the microbiota of a healthy individual into that of a patient suffering from a serious disease," he added.

The three types -- called bacteroides, prevotella and ruminococcus -- are named for the bacteria that dominate the intestines in each case.

"Ecosystems have a tendency to evolve toward a stable equilibrium, with certain species becoming dominant while others occupy niches.

"This also appears to apply to our intestines," said Raes, comparing the microbiota in the human gut to forests, tundra or tropical jungles.

It is still unclear whether a person can switch from one group to another over the course of a lifetime, the researchers said.

The study found that vitamin production also varied sharply among the three gut types.

People in the bacteroides group were better able to generate vitamin C, B2 and B5, while those in the prevotella group showed higher levels of B1 and folic acid.

The researchers cautioned that the results, while robust, were based on samples from several hundred people, and that further research is needed to determine if there are additional types of bacterial ecosystems in the gut.

Source;
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/20/as-with-blood-several-types-of-human-gut/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:05 am

we are approaching a level of surveillance that was not even present in the Soviet Union. This is our paranoia, expressed as social policy. Ask yourself how would you feel about filling out a form like this when you next apply for a passport. i can tell you from my recent trip to France that Europeans increasing avoid the U.S., and our tourism figures reflect this.

State Department wants passport applicants to reveal lifetime employment history

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 Uspassportholder-commons

By David Edwards
    Monday, April 25th, 2011

The U.S. Department of State has proposed a new questionnaire that would make it almost impossible for some people to get a passport.

The new document (PDF) would require that certain applicants submit a list of every residence and every job they've ever had since birth.

In February, the department published a request in the Federal Register allowing 60 days for comment before the new rules go into effect.

"The Biographical Questionnaire for a U.S. Passport, form DS-5513, is used to supplement an application for a U.S. passport when the applicant submits citizenship or identity evidence that is insufficient or of questionable authenticity," according to a supporting statement (PDF) issued along with the request for comment.

"This form is used prior to passport issuance and solicits information relating to the respondent’s family, birth circumstances, residences, schooling, and employment," the statement added.

"In addition to this primary use of the data, the DS-5513 may also be used as evidence in the prosecution of any individual who makes a false statement on the application and for other uses as set forth in the Prefatory Statement and the Passport System of Records Notice (State-26)."

The document also requires some applicants to submit information about the mother's pre-natal and post-natal care, the mother's residence one year before and after the birth, the persons in attendance at the birth and religious or institutional recordings of the birth.

"The State Department estimated that the average respondent would be able to compile all this information in just 45 minutes, which is obviously absurd given the amount of research that is likely to be required to even attempt to complete the form," Consumer Traveler's Edward Hasbrouck noted.

The Consumer Travel Alliance opposes the new form as "exceeding the statutory authority of the DOS, unconstitutional, and in violation of U.S. obligations pursuant to international human rights treaties to which the U.S. is a party," according to draft comments (PDF) prepared by the group.

"[C]hoosing to require an applicant for a passport to complete the proposed Form DS-5513, which few if any applicants could complete, would amount to a de facto decision to deny that applicant a passport. And that decision would be standardless, arbitrary, and illegal," they added.

The State Department had not returned a call asking for comment at the time of publication.

Source:
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/04/25/state-department-wants-passport-applicants-to-reveal-lifetime-employment-history/[url][/url]
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:32 pm

and so it begins...

France and Italy in call to close EU borders in wake of Arab protests

Sarkozy and Berlusconi want passport-free travel within the EU suspended as north African migrants flee north

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 Nicolas-Sarkozy-and-Silvi-007
    Sarkozy and Berlusconi are demanding European deportation pacts with the countries of revolutionary north Africa to send migrants home.

France and Italy have thrown down the gauntlet over Europe's system of passport-free travel, saying a crisis of immigration sparked by the Arab spring was calling into question the borderless regime enjoyed by more than 400 million people in 25 countries.

Challenging one of the biggest achievements of European integration of recent decades, Nicolas Sarkozy and Silvio Berlusconi also launched a joint effort to stem immigration and demanded European deportation pacts with the countries of revolutionary north Africa to send new arrivals packing.

The French president and the Italian prime minister, at a summit in Rome, opted to pile the pressure on Brussels and the governments of the other 25 EU states, demanding an "in-depth revision" of European law regulating the passport-free travel that takes in almost all of the EU with the exception of Britain and Ireland.

Prompted by the influx to Italy of almost 30,000 immigrants, mainly from Tunisia, in recent months, the two leaders warned that the upheavals in north Africa "could swiftly become an out-and-out crisis capable of undermining the trust our fellow citizens place in the free circulation within the Schengen area".

The passport-free travel system known as the Schengen regime was agreed by a handful of countries in 1985 and put into practice in 1995. Since then it has been embraced by 22 EU countries as well as Norway, Switzerland and Iceland, but spurned by Britain and Ireland. It is widely seen, along with the euro single currency, as Europe's signature unification project of recent decades.

But like the euro, fighting its biggest crisis over the past year, the Schengen regime is being tested amid mounting populism and the renationalisation of politics across the EU.

In other setbacks to borderless Europe, Germany, France and other countries have been blocking the admission of Bulgaria and Romania to Schengen in recent months, while the arrival of thousands of Middle Eastern migrants in Greece has fed exasperation with Athens's inability to control the EU's southern border.

The Franco-Italian move, following weeks of bad-tempered exchanges between Paris and Rome over how to deal with the Tunisian influx, is the biggest threat yet to the Schengen regime.

"For the treaty to stay alive, it must be reformed," Sarkozy said. Berlusconi added: "We both believe that in exceptional circumstances there should be variations to the Schengen treaty."

They sent a joint letter to the European commission and European council chiefs, José Manuel Barroso and Herman Van Rompuy, urging proposals from Brussels and agreement on a new system at an EU summit of government heads in June.

The commission said it was drawing up new proposals, tinkering with the current system, to be unveiled next week. But it has resisted, with the support of most EU governments, intense Italian pressure to label the arrivals from north Africa an emergency.

Under European law the border-free regime can be suspended only for reasons of national security, routinely invoked in recent years by member states hosting major international sporting events such as the World Cup or the European football championships, where individual countries contend with a huge, one-off influx of foreigners.

Sarkozy and Berlusconi insisted the rules be changed to allow more restrictions on freedom of travel. A new deal was "indispensable", they said. The June summit should "examine the possibility of temporarily re-establishing internal frontier controls in case of exceptional difficulty in the management of the [EU's] common external frontiers".

This, however, would clearly not be in the interests of Italy, which fears an end to the hostilities in Libya could spark an even bigger exodus. In that event, the letter said, the EU should provide "mechanisms of specific solidarity" including the distribution of immigrants among member states.

This will prove extremely divisive and will be rejected by countries such as Germany and Sweden, which have much higher numbers of asylum seekers than Italy, less restrictive immigration policies, and little sympathy for Italy's plight.

The concerted Franco-Italian initiative also called for accords between the EU and north African countries on repatriating immigrants, a policy certain to spark outrage among human rights groups, the refugee lobby, and more liberal EU governments.

Promising strong support for the democratic revolutions sweeping the Maghreb and the Middle East, Sarkozy and Berlusconi added: "In exchange we have the right to expect from our partner countries a commitment to a rapid and efficacious co-operation with the European Union and its member states in fighting illegal immigration."

Tuesday's move followed weeks of feuding between Rome and Paris over the Tunisian exodus. Furious at the failure of other EU countries to "share the burden", the Italians granted visas to the immigrants enabling them to move elsewhere in the EU. The Germans and the Austrians complained. The Belgians accused Rome of "cheating" on the Schengen rulebook. The French government promptly closed a part of the border with Italy briefly, re-erecting passport controls to halt trains.

But Berlusconi and Sarkozy, seeking to curry favour with the strong far-right constituencies in both countries, sought to bury their differences by urging the rest of Europe to buy into their anti-immigration agenda.

Source;
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/26/eu-borders-arab-protests
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:25 pm

giovonni wrote:For those who think of our prehistoric ancestors as primitives -- Ug, ug and all that --- surprise.
    i can tell you that when you go into these caves and actually see this art in its natural context you are stunned with their artistic vision.
    They are the equal of Picasso. We must divest ourselves of our stereotypes if we are to understand our past.

[b]How were Ice Age cave painters able to create great art?
    [/I]
    Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 1224293608410_1

This is a great thread. Thanks.

Therianthropes are quite fascinating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therianthropy

Graham Hancock builds a strong case for the use of hallucinogenic substances as a most likely culprit. People still see the same things today when they take tryptamines (e.g., mushrooms, DMT). DMT is the only tryptamine that the body makes (pineal gland). Rick Strassman also found the same with his research participants. DMT is most likely to result in encounters with the "greys", as well as therianthropes and lots of snakes.
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:30 pm

We are literally sacrificing our health to corporate profit. Putting our children on the altar. And there is this: If the peasants are a little duller and more tractable certain interests might see that as a plus. Or am i becoming a conspiracy theorist?

Prenatal Pesticide Exposure Linked to Diminished IQ

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 2784780_431

Written by Sonya Lunder, EWG Senior Scientist

In a 2010 meeting between the pesticide industry and the Obama Administration, the pesticide industry revealed its objective that government food testing data (like the USDA pesticide residue data EWG uses to create our Shopper's Guide to Produce) be spun to emphasize the safety of pesticide residues on conventional produce.

Why?

They're worried you know too much. See, if people know about the health (and environmental) downsides of pesticides, they might, well, not want to eat them. In their own (self-interested, your-health-is-not-their-first-priority) words in this high-level meeting:

"[W]e want to see if we can figure out that whatever data is out there be less likely to be misconstrued and misinterpreted. We're trying to make sure that anyone who reads [USDA's pesticide residue report] sees -- as do all the people in the room -- that there is no risk associated with the consumption of fresh produce due to pesticide residues."

But are pesticides really safe? Should fruits and veggie eaters everywhere breath a sigh of relief because there's "no risk," as the pesticide guys want you to believe? Not so fast.

The science does not say "no risk"

Industry's task spinning pesticides got a bit more difficult today, when a group of 3 long-term studies found that a woman's exposure to organophosphate pesticides during pregnancy could affect IQ and memory in her child 6 to 9 years later.

Researchers at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, University of California Berkeley's School of Public Health and Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health separately recruited pregnant women and tested either their mother's urine during pregnancy or umbilical blood at birth.

All three studies are available for free and online at the Environmental Health Perspectives website. And you can hear it for yourself on ABC's World News Tonight.

Some restrictions in place, more possibly needed

Between 1999 and 2003, EPA put in place restrictions on the most toxic organophosphate pesticides on crops and in homes. In 2006, the Agency concluded those restrictions would be sufficient to protect children's health, but these studies show further restrictions over the use of organophosphates in agriculture may be necessary to protect kid's health.

For years, EPA used complex models to assure us that pesticide exposures were safe. These studies strongly suggest that kids remain at risk. The next time EPA and the pesticide industry tell you all is well with the food system, don't rush to believe them.

Organophosphates have been associated with learning delays and ADHD in children. But the fact that three separate studies arrived at such similar conclusions is overwhelming evidence that this family of pesticides presents profound and very serious health risks to children before they're even born.

Understanding - and avoiding - pesticide residues

About that data the pesticide industry is worried you'll be worried about. Each year, the U.S. Department of Agriculture extensively tests fruits and vegetables for pesticide residues. The tests are conducted after each sample has been washed as if being prepared to eat or cook. EWG compiles USDA's data and ranks the most popular fruits and vegetables according to the levels of overall pesticide residues. [The cleanest 15 and dirty dozen are available from the original article here.]

We think there is ample evidence to avoid pesticides, particularly while you are pregnant. Here are the 12 with the highest and lowest levels of pesticide residues from EWG' 2010 Shopper's Guide. The 2011 Guide will be out soon once USDA releases its latest round of produce testing.

EWG's top tips to eat fewer organophosphate pesticides:

It makes good sense to avoid these pesticides whenever possible, especially during pregnancy. Here's how:

1. Eat organic and low-residue fruits and veggies. Organic produce is becoming much more available and the price gap between it and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables has narrowed somewhat, but buying organic can be a burden on families on tight budgets. EWG's online Shopper's Guide to Pesticides provides an easy-to-use list of non-organic items that have the lowest levels of pesticide residues. EWG recommends sticking to those fruits and vegetables whenever possible.

2. Wash, wash, wash. Washing conventional produce won't remove all of the residues, but it does make a difference. Wash all fruits and vegetables before serving.

3. Eat food that's in season. It is more likely to be grown domestically where there are tighter restrictions on organophosphate pesticide use.

4. Pregnant? Make that extra effort to eat organic or low-residue fruits and veggies. Eating fruits and vegetables is an essential part of a healthy diet, but we recommend that women who are pregnant choose organic produce or conventional fruits and veggies with the lowest levels of pesticide residues. And, by all means, avoid farms that spray these chemicals.

For more tips for an environmentally healthy pregnancy, see EWG's 11 Healthy Pregnancy Tips. Those are nine (plus!) very important months, with significant health consequences for babies.

This post was originally published by the Environmental Working Group's blog.

Source:
    http://www.care2.com/causes/real-food/blog/prenatal-pesticide-exposure-linked-to-diminished-iq/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Note this is not from the Schwartz Report...but couldn't resist posting this here...
    As Perry White would say... "Great Caesar's Ghost!" Big Grin 3

Superman Renounces [SPOILER] in 'Action Comics' #900

Apr 27th 2011 By: Laura Hudson

After recently undertaking a journey to walk -- not fly -- across the United States in the "Grounded" storyline and reconnect with the country and everyday Americans, Superman appears to be taking another step that could have major implications for his national identity: in Action Comics #900...

...Superman announces that he is going to give up his U.S. citizenship. Despite very literally being an alien immigrant, Superman has long been seen as a patriotic symbol of "truth, justice, and the American way," from his embrace of traditional American ideals to the iconic red and blue of his costume. What it means to stand for the "American way" is an increasingly complicated thing, however, both in the real world and in superhero comics, whose storylines have increasingly seemed to mirror current events and deal with moral and political complexities rather than simple black and white morality.

The key scene takes place in "The Incident," a short story in Action Comics #900 written by David S. Goyer with art by Miguel Sepulveda. In it, Superman consults with the President's national security advisor, who is incensed that Superman appeared in Tehran to non-violently support the protesters demonstrating against the Iranian regime, no doubt an analogue for the recent real-life protests in the Middle East. However, since Superman is viewed as an American icon in the DC Universe as well as our own, the Iranian government has construed his actions as the will of the American President, and indeed, an act of war.

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 Superman-citizenship-1303916053

Superman replies that it was foolish to think that his actions would not reflect politically on the American government, and that he therefore plans to renounce his American citizenship at the United Nations the next day -- and to continue working as a superhero from a more global than national perspective. From a "realistic" standpoint it makes sense; it would indeed be impossible for a nigh-omnipotent being ideologically aligned with America to intercede against injustice beyond American borders without creating enormous political fallout for the U.S. government.

While this wouldn't be this first time a profoundly American comic book icon disassociated himself from his national identity -- remember when Captain America became Nomad? -- this could be a very significant turning point for Superman if its implications carry over into other storylines. Indeed, simply saying that "truth, justice and the American way [is] not enough anymore" is a pretty startling statement from the one man who has always represented those values the most.

It doesn't seem that he's abandoning those values, however, only trying to implement them on a larger scale and divorce himself from the political complexities of nationalism. Superman also says that he believes he has been thinking "too small," that the world is "too connected" for him to limit himself with a purely national identity. As an alien born on another planet, after all, he "can't help but see the bigger picture."

Do you think the shift to a more global role makes sense for Superman? If he really is going to renounce his U.S. citizenship in order to function as a more international figure, how do you think it will affect the character?

Source: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/04/27/superman-renounces-us-citizenship/#ixzz1KrEJEOxK

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 Too-small
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:55 pm

it's like a quickening...

"The Climate Change Deniers rant on while nature, paying no attention whatever, shifts with increasing speed into environmental formulations no human has ever seen. i find it particularly tragic and ironic that Climate Change Deniers, who are concentrated in red states particularly in the South, central and southwestern U.S., are going to suffer notably from the extreme climate events we are increasingly experiencing. There have been several hundred tornadoes in this April, over 200 per cent higher than usual. And this is just the beginning. The level of destruction in those states, over the next 20 years, is going to be truly catastrophic."
    Stephen A. Schwartz

King Crabs Invade Antarctica Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 110419191022

ScienceDaily (Apr. 26, 2011) — It's like a scene out of a sci-fi movie -- thousands, possibly millions, of king crabs are marching through icy, deep-sea waters and up the Antarctic slope.

"They are coming from the deep, somewhere between 6,000 to 9,000 feet down," said James McClintock, Ph.D., University of Alabama at Birmingham Endowed Professor of Polar and Marine Biology.

Shell-crushing crabs haven't been in Antarctica, Earth's southernmost continent, for hundreds or thousands, if not millions, of years, McClintock said. "They have trouble regulating magnesium ions in their body fluids and get kind of drunk at low temperatures."

But something has changed, and these crustaceans are poised to move by the droves up the slope and onto the shelf that surrounds Antarctica. McClintock and other marine researchers interested in the continent are sounding alarms because the vulnerable ecosystem could be wiped out, he said.

Antarctic clams, snails and brittle stars, because of adaptation to their environment, have soft shells and have never had to fight shell-crushing predators. "You can take an Antarctic clam and crush it with your hands," McClintock said. They could be the main prey for these crabs, he said.

Loss of unique mollusks could jeopardize organisms with disease-fighting compounds, McClintock said. Sea squirts, for example, produce an agent that fights skin cancer. If the crabs eat them, it could bring McClintock's research with that organism to a halt.

McClintock's chemical ecology program has published more than 100 papers on species researchers have discovered, including the compound that combats skin cancer and one to treat flu, that are being explored by drug companies.

"I am very concerned that species could disappear, and we could lose a cure to a disease," he said.

McClintock's colleague Sven Thatje, Ph.D., an evolutionary biologist at the University of Southampton in England, saw the first signs of the king crab invasion in 2007. He spotted a lone crab climbing up the slope. McClintock and Rich Aronson, Ph.D., a paleoecologist at Florida Institute of Technology, put together a proposal to launch the first systematic search for king crabs in Antarctica. With Sven as chief expedition scientist, the team headed back with two ships and a submarine earlier this year.

"We ran transects up the slope and discovered hundreds and hundreds of king crabs, which could translate into millions across broad expanses of coastal Antarctica," he said. "They are adults, males and females. They appear healthy and have all the ingredients needed to produce a healthy population."

The king crabs' large numbers on the slope suggest that they are increasing in number at a rate faster than anticipated, McClintock said. "Before long, they could be in shallow water and on the shelf," he said. "This is a very visual, visceral way of thinking of an impact of climate change."

McClintock and his fellow researchers are exploring causes for the invasion, which they believe is linked to human-induced climate warming. Around 40,000 tourists visit the area each year.

"Antarctica has become a popular destination for tourists," McClintock said. Cruise ship companies have seen it as an opportunity to take visitors to "one of the most stunningly beautiful areas on our planet."

After cruising along the waters, tourists can then take a rubber boat called a zodiac to a beach covered with penguins as far as the eye can see. "The penguins will come right up to you," McClintock said.

And, now that the king crabs are on the Antarctic slope, some fishermen are anxious to head to Antarctica as well. McClintock has already gotten an email from a fisherman asking when he can come.

But the icy waters and dangerous logistics make fishing difficult, McClintock said. "There is a TV show called the 'The Deadliest Catch,'" he said. "Well this is the deadliest, deadliest catch."

For now, McClintock and his team are reviewing the thousands of images they captured during their submarine exploration. His team is analyzing the data and plans to have its findings published in a major journal within a year.

"The whole ecosystem could change," McClintock said. "And this is just one example of a species expanding its range into a new territory. There will certainly be more as the climate warms up."

Source;
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110419191022.htm
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun May 01, 2011 11:33 am

We live with the unintended consequences of our choices.

*********** Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 1-32

Internet privacy: At every turn, our privacy is compromised by technology

An Editorial
    The Observer, Sunday 1 May 2011

A pattern is emerging. A researcher discovers that a product or service offered by a large (generally US-based) company contains a security flaw or a feature that compromises the privacy of internet users. The revelations are confirmed by other experts across the internet. The company responsible then goes through a predictable series of steps: first, "no comment", followed by indignant denial, then a PR-spun "explanation" and, eventually, an apology of sorts plus a declaration that the bug will be fixed or the intrusive practice terminated.

A recent example was Apple's extraordinary contortions over the discovery that its iPhone was covertly collecting location data and storing it in unencrypted form. But last week also saw the revelation that devices made by TomTom, the leading manufacturer of GPS navigation systems, had effectively been spying on Dutch users and that the aggregated data had been sold to the police in order to guide the location of speed traps.

Before that, there were the revelations that Google's street-mapping camera cars were also collecting data on every domestic WiFi network they passed. On the web, many sites now deploy hidden "history sniffing" codes to find out what other sites a user has visited, webmail servers "read" every email that passes through them and social networking sites reveal every detail of some subscribers' tastes, activities and location.

What these developments presage is a perfect storm of surveillance, orchestrated not by the state but by huge corporations. Meanwhile, information commissioners across Europe try to enforce data protection laws that were crafted in the mainframe era, long before the founders of Google, Facebook et al were born. Neelie Kroes, the European commissioner responsible for data protection, is determined to reform the law to make US-based companies respect the privacy of their European users. But her efforts are doomed unless those users wake up to the ways their privacy is undermined by the services and devices they use.

Internet users must be more aware of the dangers inherent in the services they use

Source;
    [url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/01/observer-editorial-internet-
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun May 01, 2011 11:58 am

more...

"unintended consequences of our choices"

Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally
    Cite interstate commerce violation

By Stephen Dinan
    The Washington Times

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 20080608-215946-pic-313749188_s640x408
    The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) headquarters stand in Silver Spring, Maryland.

A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania, culminated in the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area.

The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

It’s a battle that’s been going on behind the scenes for years, with natural foods advocates arguing that raw milk, as it’s also known, is healthier than the pasteurized product, while the Food and Drug Administration says raw milk can carry harmful bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli and listeria.

“It is the FDA’s position that raw milk should never be consumed,” said Tamara N. Ward, spokeswoman for the FDA, whose investigators have been looking into Rainbow Acres for months, and who finally last week filed a 10-page complaint in federal court in Pennsylvania seeking an order to stop the farm from shipping across state lines any more raw milk or dairy products made from it.

The farm’s owner, Dan Allgyer, didn’t respond to a message seeking comment, but his customers in the District of Columbia and Maryland were furious at what they said was government overreach.

“I look at this as the FDA is in cahoots with the large milk producers,” said Karin Edgett, a D.C. resident who buys directly from Rainbow Acres. “I don’t want the FDA and my tax dollars to go to shut down a farm that hasn’t had any complaints against it. They’re producing good food, and the consumers are extremely happy with it.”

The FDA’s actions stand in contrast to other areas where the Obama administration has said it will take a hands-off approach to violations of the law, including the use of medical marijuana in states that have approved it, and illegal-immigrant students and youths, whom the administration said recently will not be targets of their enforcement efforts.

Raw-milk devotees say pasteurization, the process of heating food to kill harmful organisms, eliminates good bacteria as well, and changes the taste and health benefits of the milk. Many raw-milk drinkers say they feel much healthier after changing over to it, and insist they should have the freedom of choice regarding their food.

One defense group says there are as many as 10 million raw-milk consumers in the country. Sales are perfectly legal in 10 states but illegal in 11 states and the District, with the other states having varying restrictions on purchase or consumption.

Many food safety researchers say pasteurization, which became widespread in the 1920s and 1930s, dramatically reduced instances of milk-transmitted diseases such as typhoid fever and diphtheria. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says there is no health benefit from raw milk that cannot be obtained from pasteurized milk.

Acting on those conclusions, the FDA uses its regulatory powers over food safety to ban interstate sales of raw milk and has warned several farms to change their practices.

According to the complaint the FDA filed in court, the agency began to look into Mr. Allgyer’s farm in late 2009, when an investigator in their Baltimore office used aliases to sign up for a Yahoo user group for Rainbow Acres’ customers, and began to place orders under the assumed names for unpasteurized milk.

The orders were delivered to private residences in Maryland, where the investigator, whose name was not disclosed in the documents, would pick them up. By crossing state lines the milk became part of interstate commerce, thus subject to the FDA’s ban on interstate sales of raw milk. The court papers note that the jugs of milk were not labeled - another violation of FDA regulations.

Armed with that information, investigators visited the farm in February 2010, but Mr. Allgyer turned them away. They returned two months later with a warrant, U.S. marshals and a state police trooper, arriving at 5 a.m. for what Mr. Allgyer’s backers called a “raid,” but the FDA said was a lawful inspection.

The investigators said they saw coolers labeled with Maryland town names, and the coolers appeared to contain dairy products. The inspection led to an April 20, 2010, letter from FDA telling Mr. Allgyer to stop selling across state lines.

He instead formed a club and had customers sign an agreement stating they supported his operation, weren’t trying to entrap the owners, and that they would be shareholders in the farm’s produce, paying only for the farmer’s labor.

Customers hoped that would get around the FDA’s definition of “commerce,” putting the exchange outside of the federal government’s purview.

The FDA investigators continued to take shipments, though, and last week went to court to stop the operation.

Ms. Ward, the FDA spokeswoman, didn’t say exactly why they targeted Mr. Allgyer’s farm, but that violations generally are determined either by FDA investigations or by state-obtained evidence.

Pete Kennedy, president of the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund, said undercover stings are not unheard of.

“It happens quite a bit. It’s almost like they treat raw milk as crack. It’s happened in a number of states, and at the federal level,” he said.

His organization has sued to try to halt FDA enforcement, and the case is pending in federal court in Iowa.

Mr. Allgyer’s customers declined to talk about the operations, and when asked whether they knew what would happen to the farm’s distribution, they said they would have to wait and see.

One of those customers, Liz Reitzig, president of the Maryland Independent Consumers and Farmers Association, said she started looking for raw milk when her oldest daughter began to show signs of not being able to tolerate pasteurized milk.

She first did what’s called cow sharing, which is when a group of people buy shares in owning a cow, and pay a farmer to board and milk the cow. But Maryland outlawed that practice and she was forced to look elsewhere for raw milk, and turned to Mr. Allgyer’s farm.

“We like the way they farm, we love their product, it’s super-high-quality, they’re wonderful. It’s just a wonderful arrangement,” she said.

“FDA really has no idea what they’re talking about when they’re talking about fresh milk. They have no concept - they really don’t understand what it’s like for people like me who have friends and family who can’t drink conventional milk,” Ms. Reitzig said.

Source;
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/28/feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-milk-locally/?page=all#pagebreak
    © Copyright 2011 The Washington Times

comments giovonni
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue May 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Is America the exceptional, #1 country in the world?

Apparently it is...

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/america-is-number-1?op=1#ixzz1LKA4VDzu
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed May 04, 2011 6:05 pm

We have the most ideological and activist Supreme Court in generations. They are slowly but steadily reorienting American law to favor corporations.

SCOTUS (The Supreme Court Of The United States ) Deals Consumers Another Blow

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 9 2794213_431

posted by Jessica Pieklo

May 2, 2011

One of the reasons the class action lawsuit is such an effective tool at stemming corporate overreach is that it forces guilty parties to bear the consequences of their bad business decisions en masse. A gentle fleecing of one customer for $40 a year may not seem like a big deal until tens of thousands of fleeced customers are able to aggregate their claims and place an overarching cost to the bad practice.

But thanks to the Roberts Court, businesses have much less to fear from the class action lawsuit. That's because, according to the holding in AT&T v. Conception, companies should be free to ban class actions in the fine print of their contracts.

The 5-4 ruling, authored by Justice Scalia, holds that corporations may use arbitration clauses to cut off consumers and employees' right to band together through class actions to hold corporations accountable.

The decision is the most recent in a series of systematic efforts to roll back consumer protections and class action rights. In Concepcion, a cell phone customer claimed that AT&T's contract promising a free phone did not mention a $30.22 sales tax charge. The customer sued, but AT&T argued the suit customer's claim was barred by the arbitration provision in his contract.

Relying on a California Supreme Court decision, the California district court ruled the arbitration clause was unconscionable under California law because it prohibited class action proceedings.

Writing for the majority, Justice Scalia said that the California law was trumped by the Federal Arbitration Act and stood in the way of federal interests. Even though the FAA contains a "savings clause" that permits arbitration agreements to be declared unenforceable "upon such grounds as exist at law or in equity for the revocation of any contract", Justice Scalia said that the statute "does not give states free rein to adopt policies that discriminate against arbitration or interfere with its central mechanisms."

Once again, the Court's conservative majority is for states rights, except when he's against them.

The decision may not bode well for the other big class action under the Court's consideration, Wal-Mart v. Dukes, the nation's largest ever employment discrimination class action, and threatens to reach even further.

One potential result could be that virtually no consumer or employee cases involving small claims get heard anywhere. Many states have consumer protections laws that have deemed provisions banning class actions as unconscionable. But in finding those laws preempted the Roberts Court has effectively given the green light to business to force consumers to sign away rights as part of doing business.

Source;
    http://www.care2.com/causes/civil-rights/blog/scotus-deals-consumers-another-blow/
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu May 05, 2011 9:45 am

Flippin' sad eh ?

The Courts and Their Laws are for the Guilty - Not the Innocent.

The Laws protect Their Bad behaviour and in fact engender It which makes Us ask in the Spirit of a Hegelian Mindset...

"Were Laws invoked first off so We would come to depend on Them and when They (TPTB) were ready to - They'd pull 'em out from under Our Feet and use Them to suport the Corporations..."

I mean Its obvious They don't want any Sovereign Human Beings - Just Slaves - Following Corporations that ARE Sovereigns...

Yeah go figger that eh ?

A Corp is a Soveriegn Being - But We as Humans are not - At least in Their Eyes...

Ei Yei Yei...

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu May 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Thanks Mercuriel for profoundly expressing...what should be (so) obvious and blatantly clear to all of us now :(

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Thu May 05, 2011 2:37 pm

It is an aim of Mine to change this sad fact Brother...

One might ask - How ?

And I would answer that - In time and soon I might add - Spirit / Oversoul will display to Myself and the others I'm here with - That exact Answer...

Simply put - If there is one thing I've Faith in Its My ability to ensure My own Salvation and hopefully through that example - The Salvation of others...

This is true for All of Us. It just that most don't know It yet...

Harp

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Yes, Mercuriel, the exact answer does come. However, I must continually remind myself to Ask. Linda
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat May 07, 2011 10:30 am

Flexible future: Forget the iPhone, here's the smartphone made out of 'paper' that will shape with your pocket

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 10:10 AM on 6th May 2011

* The PaperPhone's flexible display makes it more portable that any current mobile computer

In an industry where unbreakable and smaller are best, the world's first interactive paper computer looks set to dominate for years to come.

The PaperPhone has a flexible electronic display that is set to herald a new generation of computers.

Extremely lightweight and made out of a thin-film, the prototype device can do everything a smartphone currently does.

Its display consists of a 9.5cm diagonal, thin-film flexible E Ink display.

The flexible form of the display makes it much more portable that any current mobile computer - it will shape with your pocket.

Being able to store and interact with documents on larger versions of these light, flexible computers means offices will no longer require paper or printers.

'The paperless office is here,' said Dr Vertegaal. 'Everything can be stored digitally and you can place these computers on top of each other just like a stack of paper, or throw them around the desk.'

Dr Vertegaal will officially unveil his paper computer on Tuesday at the Association of Computing Machinery's Computer Human Interaction 2011 conference in Vancouver.

Arm-band: The device uses no power when nobody is interacting with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl-qygUEE2c&feature=player_embedded

Source;
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1383903/PaperPhone-The-smartphone-paper-shape-pocket.html
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Sat May 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Wow, this goes beyond Star Trek.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sun May 08, 2011 7:12 am

So, it links to phone contacts, and music, with the bend of the device. So, if I have it in my back pocket, I could bend it in just the right place and play music. I could fart and play La Bamba.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:58 am