tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+19
lawlessline
Simplicity
orthodoxymoron
Arrowwind
Sanicle
HigherLove
enemyofNWO
Jenetta
lindabaker
JesterTerrestrial
icecold
MargueriteBee
devakas
Carol
TRANCOSO
Raven
mudra
Mercuriel
giovonni
23 posters

Trends That Will Affect Your Future …

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 14 Empty Re: Trends That Will Affect Your Future …

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:26 pm

Somehow there needs to be an advanced level of character development. Varying the available resources might not help. Establishing a system of rewards and punishments based upon Responsibility might be a start. I like the concept of Positive Reinforcement. I like Positive Response Ability. I like Rewarding Responsibility.
    giovonni
    giovonni

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 14 Empty Re: Trends That Will Affect Your Future …

Post  giovonni Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:22 pm

From Stephen A. Schwartz

Editors Note

"Here is the response I received this morning from Tata Motors in answer to my query: "I cited this report in my own publication and
    have been advised that the air car program has been dropped, and that
    this report was recycled from several years ago. Can you please tell
    me whether the air car project is about to launch a product or has this
    program been discontinued? Here is the source URL: Publication Date:
    Tuesday, 23 August 2011."

I print the Tata Motors response in its entirety.

Dear sir,

Thank you for having written to Tata Motors.

Kindly note that the Air Car is still in the project stage and that although we do not have a timeframe for launch the project is very much going forward.

Thank you,

Arup Mukherjee
    Press Relations
    Tata Motors"
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Perhaps just as they planned. No

"No one 50 years from now will be able to say we weren't warned. The Republican economic model is utterly bankrupt as anyone without blinders can plainly see. But such is the power of the corporatocracy, and its Rightwing vassals that nothing will happen because the policies that support a thriving middle class are in opposition to those that give corporations short-term benefits."

Policy pushing global economy to the brink: UN Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 14 0906world

TOM MILES - Reuters

GENEVA -- The pursuit of austerity measures and deficit cuts is pushing the world economy toward disaster in a misguided attempt to please global financial markets, the annual report of the United Nations economic thinktank UNCTAD said on Tuesday.

The report, entitled 'Post-crisis policy challenges in the world economy,” savaged U.S. and European economic policies and called for wage increases, stricter regulation of financial markets, including a return to a system of managed exchange rates, and a conscious break with market-led thinking.

'The message here is very pragmatic: we need to reverse our course quickly,” said UNCTAD Secretary General Supachai Panitchpakdi.

Mr. Supachai, a former head of the World Trade Organization, said the policy response to the crisis, with an emphasis on fiscal tightening, was misconceived and inept.

The report's lead author Heiner Flassbeck said the global economic situation was extremely dangerous and, without more ...

Read More - http://business.financialpost.com/2011/09/06/policy-pushing-global-economy-to-the-brink-un/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:43 am

Some here might recall this first publicly and openly being discussed - years ago on the original Art Bell Radio Show Thubs Up

"Here is a very interesting story about SR reader Dr. Roger Nelson and his Global Consciousness Project. I urge you to click through to the primary site and watch the video interview you will find there. Until we recognize that all life is interconnected and interdependent we will not be able to make the right policy choices about our future. Roger is providing hard data that this interconnection is an objective reality, not just a metaphysical concept."

9/11 and Global Consciousness

PATRICK J. KIGER - National Geographic

Chances are, you probably remember exactly what you were doing on the morning of September 11, 2001, at the moment when you first learned about the attack on the World Trade Center. And if you were one of the millions who stared in horror at the television images of smoke billowing from the crippled towers, you undoubtedly can recall the intense, excruciatingly painful surge of grief and anger and sadness that you felt.

You may be surprised, however, to learn that Princeton University researchers believe that so many people around the world were affected in the same way that their collective mental energy actually altered the operation of computers.

Those findings, which have aroused some controversy in the scientific world, were produced by Princeton's Global Consciousness Project, whose goal is to determine whether, and if so to what extent, human consciousness-that is, our minds' awareness of ...

Read More - http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2011/09/06/9-11-and-global-consciousness/
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:33 am

giovonni wrote:From Stephen A. Schwartz

Editors Note

"Here is the response I received this morning from Tata Motors in answer to my query: "I cited this report in my own publication and
    have been advised that the air car program has been dropped, and that
    this report was recycled from several years ago. Can you please tell
    me whether the air car project is about to launch a product or has this
    program been discontinued? Here is the source URL: Publication Date:
    Tuesday, 23 August 2011."

I print the Tata Motors response in its entirety.

Dear sir,

Thank you for having written to Tata Motors.

Kindly note that the Air Car is still in the project stage and that although we do not have a timeframe for launch the project is very much going forward.

Thank you,

Arup Mukherjee
    Press Relations
    Tata Motors"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_car

Big oil is going to make their life difficult I imagine. It will boil down to corporate greed and whether the car company wants to obtain a bigger piece of the market. Once any car company does, the flood gates will open and there will be cars operating by means that will amaize.

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Greetings my Friends,

i will be taking a hiatus for the next several months from posting here.

i need and desire to take a break and spend some quality moments with myself Enlightened

Blessings to all ~ Gio

For those who would like to continue following Stephan A. Schwartz - Trends That Will Affect Your Future …

Click here and bookmark this link:

Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 14 SR-Masthead-e1272221772256
    http://www.schwartzreport.net/

JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Post  JesterTerrestrial Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks for all your amazing posts Gio...even though I have not said much latley i still check in from time to time to see what you have posted. Some amazing trends...enjoy your hiatus...i hope it wont be too long!

See you in the future!
    I see some new trends forming thanks to much of the vibe tribes hard work, like...

PEACE!!! Candle in the Wind

JT! UFO2

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 pm

giovonni wrote:Greetings my Friends,

i will be taking a hiatus for the next several months from posting here.

i need and desire to take a break and spend some quality moments with myself Enlightened

Blessings to all ~ Gio

I understand your need for inner journey Gio .
    Thank you for all your contributions here .You are one of our pillars Cheerful
    We'll keep the place warm for you .I'll be looking forward for your return.

Much Love for You my friend and do have a wonderfull and inspiring time.

The Karen Flowers The Karen

mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Why We Are in Need of a Positive Worldshift
    9/27/11

It is now apparent to even casual observers that our world is reaching a critical stage. Most of what we see in the daily news reports informs us of dramatic Earth changes as a result of climatic disruptions: earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, etc. We are also witnessing a surge in people protest as decades of corrupt or inefficient social systems are taking their toll. Yet within this outward surge of turmoil and disruption there are other shifts occurring, such as the transition from the industrial-globalization model of the last two centuries into a more ecological-cosmological worldview. We can perhaps say that our current struggles are between the present model marked by the inequalities of dysfunctional global systems, and that part of humanity which is realizing that a new model needs to be manifested and put into place. Thus, the revolution(s) we are currently witnessing are not only of the physical kind, with civil disobedience, rioting, and unrest. There are also revolutions occurring now in our perceptions and worldviews -- a revolution in our collective psyche.

Why we are in need of a worldshift is that the old model is attempting to maintain its grip on power, resulting in resource wars, loss of civil liberties, and the on-going struggle for control and management. At the same time there are many forecasts trying to predict the outcome of the present geopolitical turmoil based upon what has gone before; there is a lack of ability to discern the uncertain, the unpredictable, and the unexpected. The western mindset has a preoccupation, or even obsession, with a linear view of history and progress. Yet the concept of a linear development of human civilizations is erroneous and misleading. Many ancient teachings, both spiritual and secular, and many indigenous cultures, have long known about and taught the concept of cyclic processes that repeat themselves over long periods of historical time. These expansions in social cycles also coincide, or are co-existent with, changes in perception and worldviews. In other words, major social revolutions are accompanied by great shifts in human consciousness. Why a positive worldshift is so timely is that these decades are ripe for a new consciousness to enter into our social systems and push for change at exactly the time when such systems are at their weakest point.

The spiral of cultural history involves a complex interplay of various cycles and systems; of social systems, energy systems, and communication revolutions -- all co-dependent and integral. The 21st century has been reached through a growing series of critical thresholds -- ecological, biological, social, and technological -- moving towards current global, social, and environmental limits. However, at such thresholds new arrangements can be catalyzed into being. The 'modern mind' that has exerted itself upon the present world and which largely developed through a trajectory of western history and industrialization, finally arriving at the technological age, exhibits a great deal of short-sightedness. It is a narrow mental framework that either doesn't quite seem to understand past patterns of historical change, or doesn't want to. It seems to posses a great amount of guilt (myth of the Fall?); a large amount of blindness (the myth of progress?); and little historical remembrance (ignorance is bliss?). It is little wonder then that a majority of people living today, especially in the developed nations, are surprised, bemused, and somewhat dazed to find themselves staring into a melting pot of uncertainty.

It is our responsibility to recognize that we are living through an extraordinary passage of change, whereby what we do for the next twenty years, from now to 2030, will create the template for the future. And what happens between now and 2050 will be a crucial period for establishing these patterns of change and getting them in place to serve for the long run.

read on: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kingsley-dennis-phd/why-we-are-in-need-of-a-p_b_982679.html

Love Always
    mudra
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:53 pm

well i'm back... so lets get things rolling Rolling Eyes

From Stephan A. Schwartz ...

Physicists Create Light out of Nothing

A physics expands our understanding, weird and wonderful things like this emerge, and will change our lives.

STUART GARY - ABC

Scientists have used the spooky properties of quantum physics to create light out of empty space.

Researchers including Professor Tim Duty from the University of New South Wales in Sydney, used a strange phenomenon called the dynamical Casimir effect to force a mirror to make its own light rather than simply reflecting the light around it.

The study reported in the journal Nature uses the weird science of quantum fluctuations in which virtual sub-atomic elementary particle pairs continuously pop in and out of existence in a vacuum.

"Understanding vacuum fluctuations will help scientists researching physics raging from gravity waves to the evaporation of black holes," says Duty.

Duty and colleagues were able to scatter half of the virtual particle pairs before the particles could reconnect and pop out of existence, forcing them to become real.

"That's where the dynamical Casimir effect comes in allowing scientists ...read more: http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2011/11/17/3368920.htm?site=science&topic=latest

Last edited by giovonni on Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Nearly a Tenth of Japan Contaminated

"America's corporate media doesn't want to talk about this story, but elsewhere it is beginning to dawn on people just how devastating the Fukushima catastrophe has become. Barely a word has appeared on the condemnation of the entire Fukishima rice crop because of radiation contamination. Nor have we heard much about the radiation showing up in Caliifornia and Washington. And think about this: 10 per cent of the land mass of Japan may be condemned because of radiation -- and eight per cent has been polluted by radioactive caesium."

MARK WILLACY, North Asia Correspondent - Asia Pacific News (Australia)

Japan's Science Ministry says nearly 10 per cent of the country's land has been contaminated by radiation from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.

It says more than 30,000km², or eight per cent of the country's land area, has been blanketed by radioactive caesium.

The Ministry says most of the contamination was caused by four large plumes of radiation spewed out by the Fukushima nuclear plant in the first two weeks after meltdowns after the March earthquake and tsunami.

The Japanese Government says some of the radioactive material fell with rain and snow, leaving the affected areas with accumulations of more than 10,000 becquerels of caesium per square metre.

Source: http://abcasiapacificnews.com/stories/201111/3373127.htm
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Rossi's e-Cat Goes Commercial

This the latest on the Rossi technology, it is developing exactly as one would expect a successful project to develop. The company is already targeting a residence-sized unit at "$500 per kilowatt," which would drop as it scaled up. Once installed, conceptually, it would run as needed. There's always some kind of maintenance. But it could turn out to require very little, like your refrigerator. They will spread through the world like house sized iPods.

EV World

Andrea Rossi may have his doubters, detractors and skeptics, but the client for whom he demonstrated his 1MW e-Cat energy system apparently isn't one of them. Not only did the mysterious client take delivery of Rossi's first 1MW heat energy production system, but ordered a dozen more for use in cold, remote locations. That's an order worth $24 million.

While Rossi isn't at liberty to reveal who the client is -- and here speculation has run rampant -- he is not barred from talking about the results of the demonstration, witnessed by a select group of media in Bologna, Italy on October 28, 2011.

As far as the client is concerned, he/she/they are satisfied that the technology works, producing low-grade steam via a heretofore little understood physical process often identified as 'cold fusion' that somehow generates anomalous amounts of heat by combining nickel powder, hydrogen gas and a ...
    http://evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=2035
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:34 pm

More Than 75 Percent of All 'Honey' Sold in Grocery Stores Contains No Real Honey

The American food system is breaking down. The lack of regulations has given greed and dishonest corporate behavior its head. Either food is not safe because of unsanitary conditions, or chemicals have been introduced into the food from the containers -- such as the BPA story I ran yesterday -- or, as with this story, what's in the container isn't even what is advertised. Increasingly it is becoming important to buy locally where you can, or raise it yourself.

ETHAN A. HUFF - Natural News

Just because those cute little bear-shaped bottles at the grocery store say "honey" on them does not necessarily mean that they actually contain honey. A comprehensive investigation conducted by Food Safety News (FSN) has found that the vast majority of so-called honey products sold at grocery stores, big box stores, drug stores, and restaurants do not contain any pollen, which means they are not real honey.

For the investigation, Vaughn Bryant, one of the nation's leading melissopalynologists, or experts in identifying pollen in honey, and director of the Palynology Research Laboratory at Texas A&M University, evaluated more than 60 products labeled as "honey" that had been purchased by FSN from ten states and the District of Columbia.

Bryant found that 76 percent of "honey" samples purchased from major grocery store chains like Kroger and Safeway, and 77 percent of samples purchased from big box chains like Sam's Club ...

Read More -
    http://www.naturalnews.com/034102_honey_consumer_alert.html
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Hunger in America, By The Numbers

SR readers know that I am paying particularly close attention to food issues because I see this trend as becoming ever more important in the lives of ordinary people around the world. Here is some well-grounded data that makes the point. (For my broader view see the SR archives searching on "food tsunami".

If you can donate something to a food bank. Your neighbors may depend on it.

TRAVIS WALDRON and PAT GAROFALO - Think Progress

Last year, 17.2 million households in the United States were food insecure, the highest level on record, as the Great Recession continued to wreak havoc on families across the country. Of those 17.2 million households, 3.9 million included children. On Thanksgiving Day, here’s a look at hunger in America, as millions of Americans struggle to get enough to eat in the wake of the economic crisis:

17.2 million: The number of households that were food insecure in 2010, the highest number on record. They make up 14.5 percent of households, or approximately one in seven.

48.8 million: People who lived in food insecure households last year.

3.9 million: The number of households with children that were food insecure last year. In 1 percent of households with children, 'one or more of the children experienced the ...

Read More
    http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/11/24/375776/food-insecurity-by-the-numbers/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:31 am

Senators Demand Military Lock Up American Citizens in a 'Battlefield” Defined as Including US

If you want to know what Fascist control looks like, here it is. Read this carefully. Does this sound like the America you grew up in?

I urge you to click through to the primary site and vote as they suggest at the end of this report.

CHRIS ANDERS - ACLU - Washington Legislative Office

While nearly all Americans head to family and friends to celebrate Thanksgiving, the Senate is gearing up for a vote on Monday or Tuesday that goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans. The Senate will be voting on a bill that will direct American military resources not at an enemy shooting at our military in a war zone, but at American citizens and other civilians far from any battlefield - even people in the United States itself.

Senators need to hear from you, on whether you think your front yard is part of a 'battlefield” and if any president can send the military anywhere in the world to imprison civilians without charge or trial.

The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president-and every future president - the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge ...

Read More -
    http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/senators-demand-military-lock-american-citizens-battlefield-they-define-being
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Renewable Power Trumps Fossil Fuels for First Time

Here, and not a moment too soon, is some hard-data good news, about the Green Transition trend.

Bloomberg/Los Angeles Times

Renewable energy is surpassing fossil fuels for the first time in new power-plant investments, shaking off setbacks from the financial crisis and an impasse at the United Nations global warming talks.

Electricity from the wind, sun, waves and biomass drew $187 billion last year compared with $157 billion for natural gas, oil and coal, according to calculations by Bloomberg New Energy Finance using the latest data. Accelerating installations of solar- and wind-power plants led to lower equipment prices, making clean energy more competitive with coal.

"The progress of renewables has been nothing short of remarkable," United Nations Environment Program Executive Secretary Achim Steiner said in an interview. "You have record investment in the midst of an economic and financial crisis."

The findings indicate the world is shifting toward consuming more renewable energy even without a global agreement on limiting greenhouse gases. Delegates from more than 190 nations ...

Read More -
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-renewables-20111125,0,2421278.story
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:09 pm

giovonni wrote:Rossi's e-Cat Goes Commercial

This the latest on the Rossi technology, it is developing exactly as one would expect a successful project to develop. The company is already targeting a residence-sized unit at "$500 per kilowatt," which would drop as it scaled up. Once installed, conceptually, it would run as needed. There's always some kind of maintenance. But it could turn out to require very little, like your refrigerator. They will spread through the world like house sized iPods.

EV World

Andrea Rossi may have his doubters, detractors and skeptics, but the client for whom he demonstrated his 1MW e-Cat energy system apparently isn't one of them. Not only did the mysterious client take delivery of Rossi's first 1MW heat energy production system, but ordered a dozen more for use in cold, remote locations. That's an order worth $24 million.

While Rossi isn't at liberty to reveal who the client is -- and here speculation has run rampant -- he is not barred from talking about the results of the demonstration, witnessed by a select group of media in Bologna, Italy on October 28, 2011.

As far as the client is concerned, he/she/they are satisfied that the technology works, producing low-grade steam via a heretofore little understood physical process often identified as 'cold fusion' that somehow generates anomalous amounts of heat by combining nickel powder, hydrogen gas and a ...
    http://evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=2035

A Week of E-Cat News Flurry

The LENR trend continues to look more and more real. Now it is not just the Rossi technology but the Defkalion as well. Also note the references to the military as a backer/buyer. It is all still problematic but it looks like my six to 12 month prediction, by which time we will know if this breakthrough is real, is still on track.

STERLING D. ALLAN with HANK MILLS - Pure Energy Systems News

There has been a lot of miscellaneous news items over the past few days. Rather than build news bullets for any one of them, I have decided to just post them here on one page, to streamline the effort on my end, and to illustrate the dynamics of this very exciting field. This is in addition to what we've posted in our news as archived at News:Rossi_Cold_Fusion.

It reminds me of when I'm making hot cereal in the morning. The water is boiling, and if you add too much cereal at first, it boils over. Even when you drop in a few flakes, the water boils wildly, as the flakes add surface area for the formation of bubbles. That's what the excitement about the E-Cat makes me think of.

So, without further ado, here are some of the recent news items posted from around the web. I might ...

Read More -
    http://pesn.com/2011/11/29/9601965_A_Week_of_E-Cat_News_Flurry/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:07 pm

High Levels of Arsenic Found in Fruit Juice

Further evidence of the collapse of American food safety. It is becoming dangerous to eat American food, particularly food processed in any way. If you buy food in a market buy organic. It's not a perfect protection, but it is the best you have, short of growing food yourself.

LINDA CARROLL - TODAY.com

The apple and grape juice your kids are drinking may have arsenic at levels high enough to increase their risk of cancer and other chronic diseases, according to a new study by Consumer Reports.

A full 10 percent of the juices tested by the magazine had arsenic levels higher than what is allowed in water by the Food and Drug Administration.

'What we’re talking about here is not about acute affects,” Urvashi Rangan, senior scientist at Consumer Reports, told TODAY’s Savannah Guthrie. 'We’re talking about chronic effects. We’re talking about cancer risk. And so, the fact that 10 percent of our samples exceeded the drinking water standard underscores the need for a standard to be set in juices.”

The fear is that over time arsenic will accumulate in children’s bodies and raise their risk of cancer and other serious illnesses, Rangan explained.

The new report echoes ...

Read More -
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45491242/ns/today-today_health/#.Tta2ddUr2q1
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Women in Prison - An American Growth Industry Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 14 Womeninprison1119

This sad story represents the intersection of two trends: The war on women, and the rise of the New American Slavery. As I said yesterday, I increasingly feel like I am living in a Dicken's novel.

CYNTHIA JOHNSTON - Nation of Change

Who says 'American Exceptionalism” is dead? Not when it comes to incarceration. Nowhere on Earth -- except the USA -- does a country put more of its citizens in prison. And, increasingly, those citizens are female.

In 1980, before the War on Drugs became big business and prison corporations were allowed to regain a toehold, there were 12,300 women incarcerated in the United States. By 2008, that number had grown to 207,700. The rate of increase between 1995 and 2008 alone was a staggering 203%. The $9 million dollars it cost to incarcerate female offenders in 1980 has now ballooned to over $68.7 billion.

Who are these women, and how did they come to be caught in the web of the prison-growth industry?

By and large, these are young women who have less than a high-school education, have a history of being battered and/or sexually abused, and, ...

Read More -
    http://www.nationofchange.org/dispatches-field-women-prison-american-growth-industry-1321720274
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:05 pm

News Los Angeles to Call for End to Corporate Personhood: Mainstream Media Silent

This may fizzle out, or it may be the beginning of a serious movement trend, one that would have the most profound implications for American society. If personhood was limited only to living people, and money was not equated with free speech, the legal implications would be cataclysmic for corporations. This is potentially very good news. I note that not a single major corporate media player has touched this story, as of the time I am filing this -- as established by searching Google.net.

DJ PANGBURN - death + taxes

Move to Amend, joined by Common Cause, L.A. County Federation of Labor and Physicians for Social Responsibilty, Occupy LA, and other organizations, have put a resolution before the Los Angeles City Council which calls on Congress to amend the Constitution to clearly establish that only living persons, not corporations, are endowed with constitutional rights, and that money is not the same as free speech.

Move to Amend is a national coalition of hundreds of organizations with over 113,000 individuals that grew out of the Supreme Court’s ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, which allowed unlimited and anonymous contributions from corporations (and unions) to or on behalf of political campaigns.

As the coalition’s website states, 'On January 21, 2010, with its ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are persons, entitled by the U.S. Constitution to buy elections and run ...

Read More -
    http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/165391/los-angeles-to-call-for-end-to-corporate-personhood-mainstream-media-silent/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:48 am

People Locked in Tiny Cages, Crying in Pain: What I Saw and Heard When the LAPD Threw Me in Jail for Exercising My Right

This is polemic, angry, and correct. It is part of the growing fascism in the country, and the increasingly ugly war by government security forces against the population. The militarization of the police, the intrusive surveillance of Homeland Security, and the sale of guns are all combining to set up civil conflict that, at some point, is likely to turn violent.

It is all the more tragic when one realizes that the actual crime rate, particularly the violent crime rate, in the U.S. has been going down for several years. None of what is happening, as recounted in this report, is necessary. It all arises from bullying, paranoia, and institutionalized legal violence against citizens.

Yasha Levine, editor of the Exhiled.com, spent a . Here's his account of the crackdown on Occupy LA.

YASHA LEVINE - AlterNet Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 14 Storyimages_1322859239_screenshot20111202at3.52.52pm

I finally got home Thursday afternoon after spending two nights in jail, and have had a hard time getting my bearings. On top of severe dehydration and sleep deprivation, I’ve got one hell of pounding migraine. So I’ll have to keep this brief for now. But I wanted to write down a few things that I witnessed and heard while locked up by LA’s finest…

First off, don’t believe the PR bullshit. There was nothing peaceful or professional about the LAPD’s attack on Occupy LA–not unless you think that people peacefully protesting against the power of the financial oligarchy deserve to be treated the way I saw Russian cops treating the protesters in Moscow and St. Petersburg who were demonstrating against the oligarchy under Putin and Yeltsin, before we at The eXiled all got tossed out in 2008. Back then, everyone in the West protested and criticized the way ...

Read More -
    http://www.alternet.org/story/153303/people_locked_in_tiny_cages%2C_crying_in_pain%3A_what_i_saw_and_heard_when_the_lapd_threw_me_in_jail_for_exercising_my_right_to_protest_the_oligarchy?page=entire
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Note ~ this looming crisis is a major factor which lead in my decision to move to the Pacific Northwest...

The Greatest Water Crisis in the History of Civilization: Coming to the American West? Trends That Will Affect Your Future … - Page 14 Storyteaser_lakehume

Here is the latest in the water trend I have been writing about for the past decade. (See ...And Nary a Drop to Drink in the SR archives for an essay on this.)

This is what will drive the two major migrations that are going to reshape America -- the migration away from the coasts, and the migration out of the water-stricken Western states. Never forget: Water is Destiny.

William deBuys is the author of seven books, including the just published A Great Aridness: Climate Change and the Future of the American Southwest (a Pulitzer Prize finalist), and The Walk (an excerpt of which won a Pushcart Prize). He has long been involved in environmental affairs in the Southwest, including service as founding chairman of the Valles Caldera Trust, which administers the 87,000-acre Valles Caldera National Preserve in New Mexico.

WILLIAM DEBUYS - AlterNet

Consider it a taste of the future: the fire, smoke, drought, dust, and heat that have made life unpleasant, if not dangerous, from Louisiana to Los Angeles. New records tell the tale: biggest wildfire ever recorded in Arizona (538,049 acres), biggest fire ever in New Mexico (156,600 acres), all-time worst fire year in Texas history (3,697,000 acres).

The fires were a function of drought. As of summer’s end, 2011 was the driest year in 117 years of record keeping for New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana, and the second driest for Oklahoma. Those fires also resulted from record heat. It was the hottest summer ever recorded for New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana, as well as the hottest August ever for those states, plus Arizona and Colorado.

Virtually every city in the region experienced unprecedented temperatures, with Phoenix, as usual, leading the march toward unlivability. This past ...

Read More -
    http://www.alternet.org/story/153312/the_greatest_water_crisis_in_the_history_of_civilization%3A_coming_to_the_american_west_?page=entire

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:55 am

Surprise ... Surprise ... Surprise !

Study: Funding Progressive Domestic Priorities Creates At Least 50 Percent More Jobs Than Military Spending

Military spending often spins off new technologies, but is essentially dead end. Most of what the money is spent for involves things blowing up, or being used up in war zones. In contrast domestic spending can transform society for the better, and the results, like a new bridge, last for decades.

Click through to see the useful charts.

ALI GHARIB - Think Progress

Facing deep spending cuts, the Department of Defense, including Secretary Leon Panetta, and military-industrial trade associations have complained that tightening the U.S. security budget will cause greater unemployment. And even while toeing the (dubious) conservative line that government spending cannot create jobs, right wingers like Rep. Buck McKeon (R-CA) insist that military spending must stay high to keep unemployment from increasing.

But a new study (PDF) from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, highlighted by economist Dean Baker shows that, contra the conservative talking point, non-military spending can create more jobs than money going to defense programs. The study’s authors, economists Robert Pollin and Heidi Garret-Peltier of the Political Economy Research Institute, used statistics from the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Bureau of Labor Statistics and other sources to deduce how many jobs are created by public spending in various arenas. Among them, military spending was the lowest, creating fewer ...

Read More -
    http://thinkprogress.org/security/2011/12/05/382071/military-spending-job-creation-domestic-mit/
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Blink

Jon Corzine to Tell House Panel he Doesn’t Know Where Customers’ Money Went

This report is jaw dropping. This is the level of slush and corruption going on in the U.S. financial world today. It is the equal of the absolutely cavalier attitude about taxpayer money that the neocons demonstrated in Iraq, where they misplaced 11 billion in hundred dollar bills. You read this stuff and realize the one per cent lives in a different reality.

DAVID S. HILZENRATH - The Washington Post

Jon S. Corzine, the former U.S. senator and governor who presided over the collapse of the commodities brokerage MF Global, told lawmakers Thursday that he never intended to authorize a transfer of customer funds to the firm’s accounts and that if he did 'it was a misunderstanding.”

Under pointed questioning by members of the House Committee on Agriculture, the New Jersey Democrat would not rule out the possibility that someone at the firm misinterpreted him as suggesting that the struggling firm tap into investors’ funds.

MF Global sought bankruptcy protection on Halloween after an effort to sell the troubled firm unraveled. The firm is now in liquidation.

In his prepared testimony submitted before the hearing, Corzine said he could not explain what happened to 'many hundreds of millions of dollars” that the firm was holding for customers. He said he was 'stunned” to learn shortly before the ...

Read More -
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/jon-corzine-to-tell-house-panel-he-doesnt-know-where-customers-money-went/2011/12/07/gIQAwLUleO_story.html?hpid=z1

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Perhaps there's still hope for humankind...
    Though i know some women who might sample the chocolate first... Razz

Study Shows Lab Rats Would Rather Free a Friend Than Eat Chocolate

This report is very sweet, but ultimately sad: Rats seem to have more fellow feeling than many humans.

MURIEL KANE - The Raw Story

A new study has, demonstrated the existence of empathy-driven behavior in laboratory rats.

In an experiment carried out by University of Chicago neuroscientists, pairs of rats that normally shared a cage were placed in a special area, where one was confined to a closed tube with a door that could be opened from the outside while the other remained able to roam around freely. The researchers observed that 'the free rat acted more agitated when its cagemate was restrained, compared to its activity when the rat was placed in a cage with an empty restrainer.”

This kind of 'emotional contagion” had been observed previously in tats - but what happened next was more unexpected. As described by Science Daily, 'After several daily restraint sessions, the free rat learned how to open the restrainer door and free its cagemate. Though slow to act at first, once the rat discovered ...

Read More-
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/09/study-shows-lab-rats-would-rather-free-a-friend-than-eat-chocolate/

view the study experiment here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jkOwYKBJEI

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:15 am