tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Having to Scroll from Left to Right

Seashore
    Seashore

Having to Scroll from Left to Right Empty Having to Scroll from Left to Right

Post  Seashore Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:29 am

For a couple of days I see that there's a horizontal scroll bar now in addition to the vertical one.

If people like this and it stays I won't be able to participate. It's too cumbersome for me on long posts.

Does this bother anyone else?
    Blacklight43

Having to Scroll from Left to Right Empty Re: Having to Scroll from Left to Right

Post  Blacklight43 Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 am

It appears the site is too large for my screen. It is difficult to read...too cumbersome.
    And the background color with some of the font colors makes it even more difficult to read.
    Can we go back to the way it was?
    malletzky
    malletzky

Having to Scroll from Left to Right Empty Re: Having to Scroll from Left to Right

Post  malletzky Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 am

It's since we've got the new banner on the top (which is btw very, very nice).
    I guess it's size should be reduced and then we would get ried of the horizontal scroll bar.

Any mod/admin view here?

Mall..
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 am

Actually, the page is too wide for my screen as well but Mercuriel isn't finished yet as he is designing several different styles for the members to choose from.

With scrolling top to bottom.. that was a bit annoying to until Merc showed me how to collapse the sections on the home page on the screen and you can keep open the sections you're interested in reading or posting on.

One of us will post how to do this shortly. As for the horizontal scroll bar, I'm not too thrilled about that either but at least we can use it temporarily until the members select what the we style we like best.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:50 am

I wrote Mercuriel yesterday about this same issue... he is working on it.

When I first came here 2 days ago, the home page barely fit the screen and the text size was tiny tiny. And just writing this reply
    causes the page to scroll to the right, else words go out of sight!....

I use the ctrl+ feature often at websites to enlarge the page and almost always, the programming allows for text wrap no matter how much I increase the view... so there is a programming tweak needed somewhere.

Thanks for piping in. I could not believe that I was the only one who noticed this.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi Shirley,

After reading your post i reduced the text control for my screen and the whole screen fits in but now I have tiny text which doesn't work the best for me as I like to enlarge the text for less eye strain. Everything fits in and there is no scroll bar at the bottom at the reduced size. Merc is still working on all of this so we shall see what he comes up with.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm

I agree with the posters above. The current configuration is very hard to work with - I have to scroll left and right to get to the hot links and read everything. This then makes the screen jump around.

The max width the site requires should be no more than 1120 IMHO.

I think the banner needs reducing - I think that this is a common problem with artists having much larger monitors than normal people :)

AJ..

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:54 pm