tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+7
Mercuriel
burgundia
lindabaker
JesterTerrestrial
mudra
Sanicle
TRANCOSO
11 posters

For those experiencing eye strain from computer use

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

For those experiencing eye strain from computer use Empty For those experiencing eye strain from computer use

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 pm

For those experiencing eye strain from computer use

I just downloaded this last night and I've already noticed my eyes feeling better. For those of you, myself included, that use a computer for several hours a day, this is pretty awesome. It's free and downloads in a few seconds.

link to www.stereopsis.com

f.lux makes your computer screen look like the room you're in, all the time. When the sun sets, it makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again.

Tell f.lux what kind of lighting you have, and where you live. Then forget about it. F.lux will do the rest, automatically.
    Double Thumbs Up
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

For those experiencing eye strain from computer use Empty Re: For those experiencing eye strain from computer use

Post  Sanicle Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks Trancoso. Just what I needed. Very Happy
    mudra
    mudra

For those experiencing eye strain from computer use Empty Re: For those experiencing eye strain from computer use

Post  mudra Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Awesome TRAN ...Wow Thubs Up
    Does that make me happy cheers

Flowers Hugs :heart2:

Love for You

mudra
    JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Post  JesterTerrestrial Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:For those experiencing eye strain from computer use

I just downloaded this last night and I've already noticed my eyes feeling better. For those of you, myself included, that use a computer for several hours a day, this is pretty awesome. It's free and downloads in a few seconds.

link to www.stereopsis.com

f.lux makes your computer screen look like the room you're in, all the time. When the sun sets, it makes your computer look like your indoor lights. In the morning, it makes things look like sunlight again.

Tell f.lux what kind of lighting you have, and where you live. Then forget about it. F.lux will do the rest, automatically.
    Double Thumbs Up

hEY Thanks Trancoso thats cool im checking it out now...it dose make my screens a little easier to look at in the late nite...i noticed a difference... i have played with these settings manually before but this one is really straight forward...i boosted it up for the late night as i seemed to make the screen a little too redish/orangis/pinkish so i adjusted the sliders up Double Thumbs Up
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Mods make this thread sticky .

Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Question: After downloading, is there something one should do to 'activate' the program?
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:01 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:Question: After downloading, is there something one should do to 'activate' the program?

It got activated straight away for me TRAN and I was asked if I wanted it to activate each time I turn my computer on as well .
    But what I don't seem to know is how to disactivate it now would I wish to ...scratch

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Actually I just found out how to quit flux .
    It shows up as a black sun icon in the menu bar on the top left of the screen.
    When you click on it you can change it's preferences as well.

Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:10 pm

It's now activated & I must say it's very pleasant. Had to get used to the 'orangy' coloured screen for a couple of minutes, but already I notice my eyes seem to like it a lot.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Ahhhhh much better thanks my friend
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:40 am

I have just downloaded it...we'll see how it feels...thank you Tran.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:52 am

burgundia wrote:I have just downloaded it...we'll see how it feels...thank you Tran.
    You do have to 'install' it also, otherwise nothing happens...

Anyway, my eyes are quite happy with it.

During the daytime, I have noticed, the 'orangy' colour disappears, but my screen does look different - better - than it used to.

COOL!!!
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:38 am

My daytime screen is just very slightly peach colored as well, and it's perfect. Who is this guy who invented it? The timing of the shading of the peach color is based on longitude and latitude: it's genius. Or, in my now paranoid thoughts, it would be a good way to locate computers.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 pm

lindabaker wrote:My daytime screen is just very slightly peach colored as well, and it's perfect. Who is this guy who invented it? The timing of the shading of the peach color is based on longitude and latitude: it's genius. Or, in my now paranoid thoughts, it would be a good way to locate computers.
    Yes, it's excellent!
    You really notice the difference when you switch it off - to watch a film or so.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:24 pm

mudra wrote:Mods make this thread sticky please.

Love from me

mudra

Done...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    romina
    romina

Post  romina Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:19 pm

OMG I felt instant relief, as it turned more orangy, my eyes hurt less cheers cheers

thank you, thank you, thank you :heart2:
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Around 3H50 AM Flux just went back to daylight over here instead of night light.
    The sun should rise at 6H51 though.
    Is anyone using Flux experiencing this too ?

Love from me
    mudra
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 am

Thank you for posting this little natural light for eyes. I just loving it daily at work and home.. I shared with my IT group. So thanks passing back to you.

No mudra I did not have this problem so far.

Another neat tool online to extract audio as mp3 from youtube video. I tried today to burn CD from some videos, it worked.

http://www.vidtomp3.com

How to?
    -find the video you want to get audio from
    -open www.vidtomp3.com and paste the URL of the video into URL textbox
    -after it is extracted Download button will appear
    -download the file on your pc
    -you may want to burn CD to listen in a car or ..

pineal-pilot-in merkabah
    pineal-pilot-in merkabah

Post  pineal-pilot-in merkabah Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:21 am

nice find, works very well, it even goes to the direct gps co ordinates of your precise location for sun rise/sets.. very soothing.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:06 am

mudra wrote:Around 3H50 AM Flux just went back to daylight over here instead of night light.
    The sun should rise at 6H51 though.
    Is anyone using Flux experiencing this too ?

Love from me
    mudra

Mudra, yes, last night I experienced the same thing...it went back to regular illumination, so I went to bed !!! it seemed to glare so much. I think it was last night. Anyway, it is working fine now!
    malynda

Post  malynda Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:14 am

Such a helpful little program. Thank you!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am