tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

NatGeo ...Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888

Dogfish
    Dogfish

NatGeo ...Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888 Empty NatGeo ...Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888

Post  Dogfish Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:18 pm

There was a time when journalists wanted to be sure of their facts before they presented them as gospel. They knew the amount of influence they had (perhaps they knew that sheep were easily led)and at worst would use words like "allegedly" and "supposedly". The bad journalists would always use "undisclosed sources say...", but even the bad ones would play the CYA game.

I was surprised to see an article by NatGeo presenting 3 lies as truths in the title alone:

1) That global warming exists and potentially needs to be corrected.

2) That there could be such a thing as a "small" nuclear war.

3) That a nuclear war could be beneficial.

I am truly worried for the sheep and children who are being bombarded... overwhelmed with misinformation.

In fact the article chafed me so much that I had to stop lurking and join in order to post the link.

Here
    bran
    bran

NatGeo ...Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888 Empty Re: NatGeo ...Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888

Post  bran Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:29 pm

I also am more of a reader than a poster, but... !!

'But nuclear war remains a very real threat—for instance, between developing-world nuclear powers, such as India and Pakistan.'

Or the nuclear gear that went missing form the US arsenal in 2009 I think. Or Russian intelligence report that the CIA agent diplomat, Raymond Davis, had links to American Task Force 373 (TF373) ["CIA spy" Davis was giving nuclear bomb material to Al-Qaeda, says report]

A few years ago my father gave me some of his old NatGeo's. We kind of wondered about the South American coverage at the time. It had American bravado, alright, no mention of 'US political interference.' But - this article you posted takes the cake. I wish they'd print some articles about how nuclear testing blew a hole in the ozone layer.

geek
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

NatGeo ...Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888 Empty Re: NatGeo ...Inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888

Post  Carol Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:11 am

I read the article and almost choked. What a pile of disinformation Unfortunately, it has been a very busy day elsewhere but am happy to see the two of you posting on this. Thank you. For the most part science has illustrated that global warming is caused by the increase of cosmic gamma rays as we near the galactic core where they are much denser, which in turns heats up the entire solar system along with the earth's core.

That someone would think a nuclear way is a good thing is a complete idiot and obviously doesn't have a very good understanding of science when it comes to the damage from radio activity. I just don't understand how someone can be that dumb. Crazy Happy

However, ET made it very clear they were monitoring nuclear war type of activities and having a nuke go off was not on their agenda. Thy had the means to shut it down before it got started. I can see where they can do this with nations that are armed but how would they be able to control rogue agents or groups? I remember a telephone conversation that Reagan had with Gorbachev on ETs shutting down US missile sites and asking if they were doing it to them as well. If I recall correctly that was the onset of the red phone at the white house.

In addition it is very disturbing that MSM would even bother to print something so bizarre. Global warming is solar system warming and cannot be corrected. We all just have to go through it. Nor is there such a thing as a small beneficial nuclear event as these things tend to rip holes in space and time. Col Corso had a lot to say about all of this in his book and directly to Paola Harris who recording his interviews and published the transcripts in her own books.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:10 am