tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

multiple Persona Management software requested by army

devakas
    devakas

multiple Persona Management software requested by army Empty multiple Persona Management software requested by army

Post  devakas Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 am

Army is requesting Persona Management software which allows to manage virtual personas on social networks online.
    It should allow to create multiple credible accounts with all credible info and history accross multiple networks. Fake personas, fake virtual people even created on one computer should have trackable IP addresses diferent to fake the person reality. Whyyyyyy?
    not sure who got the bid to create the software ..

be aware of this, my friends....

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=d88e9d660336be91552fe8c1a51bacb2&tab=ivl&tabmode=list&subtab=list&subtabmode=list&=

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/18/revealed-air-force-ordered-software-to-manage-army-of-fake-virtual-people/
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

multiple Persona Management software requested by army Empty Re: multiple Persona Management software requested by army

Post  lindabaker Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:25 am

Very interesting, and I can believe it is happening. Has anyone been on Facebook and had the following happen? You get a message that someone has accepted your friend request and you didn't ask them to be your friend. (Note: if someone becomes your friend, they have access to your posts, your other friends, and your information.) This has happened to me twice in the last two weeks. Someone I don't know, can't tell where they are from, and they want to be able to see what I click on. Mudra, that's why I de-friended everyone last month...I refuse to let the connections stand. Oh boy.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

multiple Persona Management software requested by army Empty Re: multiple Persona Management software requested by army

Post  enemyofNWO Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:50 am

Facebook & Google are CIA Fronts

quote from Infowars

"Take Mark Zuckerberg for example. He is one of the most ”successful entrepreneurs” in the last decade. Having made a fortune through his Facebook empire, he reaches more than 500 million people worldwide. It seems like a fairytale. A student creates a new interface to connect the people throughout the world. Well, it sounds great doesn’t it? It would, if we were true.

Here is a good video that demonstrates that Facebook was indirectly funded by the CIA with the goal of learning and storing everything there is to know about you. Why? To monitor and ultimately control.

Again, the people have been totally duped by the Facebook-mania and can only see what they are told to see. As my friends say: ”It is to connect people and share information”. In the wake of the recent crisis in Egypt, we might add that Facebook has become not just a data-mining operation, but also a soft power proxy for crisis-creation."

http://www.infowars.com/facebook-google-are-cia-fronts/

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/mia-0/news/224182-mia-google-and-facebook-were-developed-by-the-cia

http://www.gigwise.com/news/56638/MIA-The-CIA-Created-Google-And-Facebook

The software for managing " persona " should be renamed as software from data mining operations .

Last edited by enemyofNWO on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar error)
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:45 am

It makes you wonder whether the memebership in AP2 is real or cyber people, they all think the same and the ones that don't get booted out

Could this be an explanation, Richard havings a cyber community of yes man and women? Crazy Happy
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:24 am

This type of software can also be used to infiltrate any community networks to push an agenda of disinformation, which is more scary. and internationally thinking of some development countries how it can be manipulated it just all ends up in the same their old goal to control. No No No No
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:08 pm

You can bet Your Arse I - As a Whitehat - Will be looking at ways to circumvent and detail this to Us - If and when It occurs...

study

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Mercuriel, if this occurs, I would like to ask you to save details/info/ip and server addresses. Please and thanks.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:16 am

The bid is gone! I checked the gov link again.

it should be hard to create the software without additional devices.. it maybe hard to detect also..

... Air Force's contract description doesn't help dispel suspicions. As the text explains, the software would require licenses for 50 users with 10 personas each, for a total of 500. These personas would have to be "replete with background , history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographacilly consistent."

It continues, noting the need for secure virtual private networks that randomize the operator's Internet protocol (IP) address, making it impossible to detect that it's a single person orchestrating all these posts. Another entry calls for static IP address management for each persona, making it appear as though each fake person was consistently accessing from the same computer each time...

we glad you are with us Mercuriel Very Happy
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 am

Well - There HAS to be some sort of Cookie or way the Multiple ID Program Identifies It's APPROVED Users...

IE - Inside of the Executable or the OS Its installed on...

Now - If I can get My hands on the Source Code or an actual Executable of this Software - It may be possible to parse the Code and find the ID Hook with HexEdit or a similar Program...

I'll report back as I find out more...

Wink

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:11 am

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates proceeded in January to a new allocation of internet military intervention responsibilities.

Henceforth, the U.S. Strategic Command (overseeing the nuclear strike) will concentrate on military computer hacking and cyberdefenses. The Joint Staffs will take responsibility for deception operations, while Special Operations Command will take the lead in military information gathering aimed at supporting secret operations.

This division of responsibilities does not preclude regional commands from setting up their own internet intervention gear. Thus, the Central Command (covering the greater Middle East) has recently purchased a $2.7 million software, especially designed by San-Diego based Ntrepid. The material will permit the manipulation of social media through the use of fake online "personas" managed by the military, followed by all kinds of infiltration and intelligence operations, while being able to keep the trickery under the radar.

Ntrepid manufactures the famous Anonymiser©️ software, leading one to suspect that it may well be delivering to the Pentagon the identity of its customers.
    [b]
    http://www.voltairenet.org/article168698.html

we may have some new anonymistsers soon ariving.

another thought - licenses for 50 users with 10 personas each, for a total of 500 and $2.7 million?? Sortware only?? Shocked software is cheap...maybe with nanohumingbirds in a field ...lol
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:12 am

K - This is being rolled out under the Anonymizer Software Brand...

Ei Yei Yei - I've used this Proxy way back when It was nothing substantial and JUST a Surfing Proxy to Hide Your IP or allow Surfing through a Firewall when some of the destinations were blocked.

I am so sorry People. I supported this software early on and Its just like them to bring this out of something I'd initially supported (Arrrggghhh). Ironic isn't It but then Irony and I are long time friends - LOL...

Man these Negatives irk Me but I suppose They're into that - IMMENSELY...

I am unable to - At the moment - Look at Their Security Solutions in that sense as that Software is behind a Request Form so You can talk with Them in Person and find a solution that fits Your needs. That said - Back to the Research on this...

study

sjkted
    sjkted

Post  sjkted Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:05 pm

lindabaker wrote:Mercuriel, if this occurs, I would like to ask you to save details/info/ip and server addresses. Please and thanks.

I'm pretty sure when this occurs the IP and server addresses will appear to be normal users in various countries and look as innocent as anything else. I think they've been playing this game online for some time -- they're just looking to automate their divide-and-conquer strategy so they don't have to assign so many shills to just work on forums.

--sjkted
    sjkted
    sjkted

Post  sjkted Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Mercuriel wrote:Well - There HAS to be some sort of Cookie or way the Multiple ID Program Identifies It's APPROVED Users...

IE - Inside of the Executable or the OS Its installed on...

Now - If I can get My hands on the Source Code or an actual Executable of this Software - It may be possible to parse the Code and find the ID Hook with HexEdit or a similar Program...

I'll report back as I find out more...

Wink

If I wrote the software, I would have one master system, a server if you will connected at one central site. The server would contain language translation software and some quasi-AI routines. It would be connected to a router that had VPN connections to 500 other sites (mostly internet providers). This could be done by asking various ISPs to give a connection to their service to monitor or do whatever in the interest of cybersecurity.

From the central site, I could post from 500 different identities (which would include language/dialect, persona, as well as IP Address, browser details, etc.). If I had custom written APIs to various forum software like vBulletin, I could post one message on 500 different forums from different locations, IP Addresses, using different "personas" so the language would not be the same, and nobody would know about it. It would look like just another forum posting, especially on a busy forum.

--sjkted
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Yeah - I hear Ya but being a Coder / Programmer previously - Where theres a will theres a way...

Wink

I will simply ask Prime Creator to "Show Me" how to tackle this...

(BTW - I was the first Person to Hack Windows NT before It even came out. We were using It as an OS for an Automation Schema at a Plant and Windows offered up It's Prototype NT 3.5 OS for the Application)

Heh heh

With that said - Once You come to know Me well enough - You'll find that even though I may tackle something that may seem impossible to accomplish or understand - I am such a digger at things such as this and so stubborn about It that It always comes around at some point or another.

Now while I understand what You're saying - I just NEVER give up - Even when Its impossible, and I will have an option - Just give Me a little time to find It is all...

Wink

sjkted
    sjkted

Post  sjkted Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:46 pm

Of course. There are always cracks in the matrix. Sometimes, they are big gaping holes.

--sjkted
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Merc ,

When you find the solution , please let us know ... Thanks . I used Anonymiser occasionally and I find this development shocking .
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Will do Brother...

Guess what ?

I have this next week off...

Heh heh

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:27 am

mad mad world...

A bit more light about the software “Persona Management Service" and possible secret project MAGENTA
    Everybody should be aware of and spread this to all friends and young people.

“Online Persona Management Service. 50 User Licenses, 10 Personas per user.

Software will allow 10 personas per user, replete with background , history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographacilly consistent. Individual applications will enable an operator to exercise a number of different online persons from the same workstation and without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries. Personas must be able to appear to originate in nearly any part of the world and can interact through conventional online services and social media platforms. The service includes a user friendly application environment to maximize the user’s situational awareness by displaying real-time local information.“

Anonymous group of hackers (pro wikileaks) fight against government espionage.
    Codename -MAGENTA is secret espionage project by HBGary federal security services company. It seems it is windows rootkit which can not be removed.
    http://crowdleaks.org/hbgary-inc-working-on-secret-rootkit-project-codename-magenta/

explained here
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/16/945768/-UPDATED:-The-HB-Gary-Email-That-Should-Concern-Us-All

All started after emails were disclosed by Anonymous group. The "personas" existance leaked in disclosed emails in the incident between Anonymous (the hacking group pro wikileaks) and HBGary federal security services. In my understanding Personas software is related to that. Personas software description mentioned virtual machines -VM thumb drives created for each persona.
    http://crowdleaks.org/anonymous-retaliates-against-hbgary-espionage/

email leaks to download
    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6156166/HBGary_leaked_emails

to view emails
    http://anonleaks.ru/

Anonymous group against government espionage

http://blogs.forbes.com/parmyolson/2011/02/08/anonymous-working-through-new-info-related-to-u-s-government/
    http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/03/20113981026464808.html

persona management software features

•Allows for creation of false persons including personal information
    •Guides the software user in the building of false profiles to match false persons in various social media systems.
    •Prevents software user from building any conflicting profile data into fake profile.
    •Automates numerous social media system processes that can be achieved without human oversight.
    •Catalogs every automated and manual interaction for analysis and operator recall.
    •Makes suggestions of interactions that the software predicts to be useful in promoting targeted opinions.
    •Makes repeated interactions on behalf of fake personas on regular intervals or pseudo-random intervals.
    •Integrates various social media systems into a unified interface to allow for maximum operator awareness and interaction.

• Companies now use "persona management software", which multiplies the efforts of each astroturfer, creating the impression that there's major support for what a corporation or government is trying to do.
    • This software creates all the online furniture a real person would possess: a name, email accounts, web pages and social media. In other words, it automatically generates what look like authentic profiles, making it hard to tell the difference between a virtual robot and a real commentator.
    • Fake accounts can be kept updated by automatically reposting or linking to content generated elsewhere, reinforcing the impression that the account holders are real and active.
    • Human astroturfers can then be assigned these "pre-aged" accounts to create a back story, suggesting that they've been busy linking and retweeting for months. No one would suspect that they came onto the scene for the first time a moment ago, for the sole purpose of attacking an article on climate science or arguing against new controls on salt in junk food.
    • With some clever use of social media, astroturfers can, in the security firm's words, "make it appear as if a persona was actually at a conference and introduce himself/herself to key individuals as part of the exercise … There are a variety of social media tricks we can use to add a level of realness to fictitious personas."

How to Avoid the Influence of these Fake Personas

1. My first piece of advise is to stay aware. Never assume that the media will alert you to the pitfalls of online interaction. Take time out, periodically to browse the blogosphere and get your news from the source. Of course, be alert for blogs operated by fake persons. That’s an entirely different, yet related threat we’ll have to delve into later.

2. Never believe the prevailing wisdom. That is, the collective wisdom of the majority as it seeks to fit in by parroting the acceptable line. Instead, before giving in to the status quo mentality do a quick investigation of the subject yourself. Try to keep an open mind as you do, in order to not be blinded by preconceived notions.

3. Look for signs of an issue being railroaded. In other words, if an issue that you think would normally be divisive leads too smoothly to a consensus take pause. Does something smell fishy? Are the opposing voices being silenced or bullied out of the debate? Then, it’s likely that the sheer numbers of these fake personas are being leveraged to sway public opinion. Do you want to have an opinion contrived by an interested party? Or, would you rather weigh the issues in a true forum of your peers where different sides of an issue are encouraged to interject their honest opinions?

devakas
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:51 am

even there is more in what world we are living now... Mad

Army of Fake Social Media Friends to Promote Propaganda

http://www.pcworld.com/article/220495/army_of_fake_social_media_friends_to_promote_propaganda.html

FBI Intelligence Information Handbook how to engage in social networks. This is secret service internet use policy.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/220495/army_of_fake_social_media_friends_to_promote_propaganda.html

multiple Persona Management software requested by army USAFsocialmedia_Page_08-662x1024

10 tips how air force professionals are prepared to act on social networks

TOP 10 TIPS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA

DON’T GIVE CLASSIFIED INFO
    Don’t divulge classified, FOUO or sensitive materials, photos or video. OPSEC is crucial to our mission, think before you speak or film—if you’re not sure, ask someone! A harmless video of an Airman dancing on the flightline could be sensitive if it’s a deployed environment showing bombers on the flightline. Be smart. Security is at the source.

STAY IN YOUR LANE
    If you’re an aircraft mechanic, you’re well suited to communicate messages about aircraft maintenance. If you’re an aircraft mechanic blogging about legal issues—reconsider your blog.

DON’T LIE
    Credibility is critical, without it, no one cares what you have to say…it’s also punishable by the UCMJ to give a false statement.

GIVE YOUR OPINION
    Yes, tell them what YOU think…just make sure you state that this is your opinion and not that of the organization. Also, be sure to identify what is your opinion and what is factual.

ALWAYS IDENTIFY YOURSELF
    Identification makes your post more credible.

SAFETY
    Videos that get widespread attention, or become “viral,” feature death-defying stunts or acts that are considered “extreme” in nature. Don’t let the desire to get your message across compromise your consideration for safety.

7 BE AWARE OF THE IMAGE YOU PRESENT
    If using a visual medium, don’t let your message get overshadowed because the viewer’s attention is drawn to your improperly worn uniform or something occurring in the background. The image you present will set the tone for your message and often mean the difference of whether or not people listen to your message. Your tactical representation could have strategic and international consequences for the Air Force and the nation.

8 USE COMMON SENSE
    This is the bottom line. If you wouldn’t say it in front of your mother, you probably shouldn’t say it on YouTube. Realize that your words and images will go out to thousands and possibly millions of people around the world instantly and once it’s out there, it’s out there for good. Your unit Public Affairs shop should always be a source of advice and guidance in this medium. Also, be careful what personal information you divulge, such as address, phone numbers or any information that could aid identity thieves or the enemy.

9 DON’T BE AFRAID TO TAKE CALCULATED RISKS
    Military life often deals in ambiguity: In order to make the best decision, it’s recommended to take in as many variables as possible in order to make the most accurate decision.

10 THE ENEMY IS ENGAGED
    The enemy is engaged in this battlespace and you must engage there as well.

Document
    http://publicintelligence.net/u-s-air-force-social-media-guide/

interesting site to check
    http://publicintelligence.net

espionage tool

http://ai.arizona.edu/research/terror/

supported by wow

•Officers and domain experts of Tucson Police Department, Arizona Department of Customs and Border Protection, and San Diego Automatec Regional Justice Information System (ARJIS) Program
    •Dr. Marc Sageman, University of Pennsylvania
    •Dr. Edna Reid, Federal Bureau of Investigation
    •Dr. Johnny Ryan, The Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA)
    •Rick Eaton, Simon Wiesenthal Center
    •Dr. Joshua Sinai, The Analysis Corporation
    •Dr. Shlomo Argamon, Illinois Institute of Technology
    •Chip Ellis, Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (MIPT)
    •Rex Hudson, Library of Congress
    •Dr. Chris Yang, Drexel University
    •Dr. Gabriel Weimann, University of Haifa, Israel
    •Dr. Mark Last, Ben-Gurion University, Israel
    •Drs. Henrik Larsen and Nasrullah Memon, Aalborg University, Denmark
    •Dr. Katrina von Knop, George Marshall Center, Germany
    •Dr. Jau-Hwang Wang and Robert Chang, Central Police University, Taiwan
    •Dr. Ee peng Lim, Singapore Management University, Singapore
    •Dr. Feiyue Wang, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
    •Dr. Michael Chau, Hong Kong University

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:55 am

One another mutation of the media worth to mention is
    Media on Demand company created by former chairman of MySpace Richard Rosenblatt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demand_Media

Demand Media is a public online social media company that produces articles and videos at scale, both for outside publishers on demand and its own grand network of websites.

"writers" use various tools

1.Social Tools
    2.Content Channels
    3.Domain Registration and Monetization

Media on Demand stats:

1.Staff: 500+
    2.Content Contributors: 7,000+
    3.Content Produced Daily: 4,500+
    4.Average Fee Paid: $5 – $15 (per 500 word article)

Company makes its money paying lots "content contributors" a little money to write articles on all levels of information. There articles are written so that they will appear high up in Google search results.

In one story, a recent J-school graduate describes how, after getting out of her program, she wrote for Demand to earn a couple bucks between more serious freelance gigs.

PBS: The articles she wrote -- all of which were selected from an algorithmically generated list -- included How to Wear a Sweater Vest" and How to Massage a Dog That Is Emotionally Stressed," even though she would never willingly don a sweater vest and has never owned a dog.

"I was completely aware that I was writing crap," she said. "I was like, 'I hope to God people don't read my advice on how to make gin at home because they'll probably poison themselves.'

"Never trust anything you read on eHow.com," she said, referring to one of Demand Media's high-traffic websites, on which most of her clips appeared.

Source
    http://www.tyrannynews.com/2011/01/the-engines-behind-social-media-sites-have-a-dark-secret/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/anonymous-hits-security-firm-hbgary-federal-2207309.html

devakas

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:04 am

As controversial as above info there is a case where person sentenced to jail for posting as fake person over disputes on
    ancient dead sea scrolls
    Shocked
    http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/18/dispute-over-dead-sea-scrolls-leads-to-a-jail-sentence/

this is mad mad world in kali yuga Shocked

lets hope that Anonymious group will win and win big

stay awaken my friends in the mists

devakas

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:03 am

Don't mess with Anonymous! Very Happy

who are they? It seems as posted above they are a group of hackers that support internet freedom and speach freedom. Recently they released emails from company that accepted to create the persona managgggment software...

Anonymous 99 (A99) interview.

Anonymous Has Created A New Video Communique

Anonymous releases Bank Of America emails
    Bank of America (BAC) shares are down after The New York Times reported that a hacker organization released a series of e-mails from a former employee at the bank that showed how a division of the bank tried to hide information on foreclosures.

Bank of America shares are down 1.74%, or $0.25, to $14.13.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:59 am

http://rt.com/usa/news/usa-pentagon-spy-social-media/

Bloggers beware: You may be punk'd by the Pentagon

That annoying teen with a strange political bent on your blog may in fact be an aging US army sergeant spewing American propaganda, while also impersonating a 13-year old girl on your buddies Twitter.

A new US military spy operation takes manipulation to a new level, using social media to tackle the online world. America’s new 'sock puppet' software allows the military to simultaneously create multiple fake online identities to spread a pro-American message.

Nope, you are not being spammed. You have been targeted! You are so popular on Twitter, Facebook or where ever else you might spend your time online that the government wants to comment on your blog, many, many times to make sure their message is the loudest.

You can block them, report it as spam, but it will not work. The views will keep coming back. The military has awarded a contract to a California company to make sure of that.
    The new software creates a super online persona management service allowing military members to control multiple online identities at once. The personas are generated to boast a convincing back story, a history and required supporting information. In addition, up to at least 50 controllers need to be able to operate their false identities from their government computers concurrently – "without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries," of course.
    To ensure diversity among the face identifies, the system will use one US server and eight abroad to ensure the American message comes from a global perspective.

One the system is fully in place American service members can cozy up at their computers at any and all hours to respond to messages across the social web multiple times and on multiple websites. The same service member can deny bombings in Afghanistan under an assumed American, French or even an Afghan identity while also promoting US humanitarian aid in Japan under a Japanese pen name and systematically promote revolution in Latin America – or anywhere else they so choose.

The military however claims, while it can certainly do these things, they plan to only focus on “blogging activities on foreign-language websites to enable Centcom to counter violent extremist and enemy propaganda outside the US,” according to Centcom spokesman Commander Bill Speaks.

He explained it would be unlawful to “address US audiences" with the technology and the online profiles would be in non-English script. However, laws not prevented the military from acting out of line in the past – including recent revelations the US army attempted to sue psychological manipulations against US senators to garner increased Afghan war funding.

Interestingly enough, impersonation in the US is a criminal offense. Once can be subjected to jail time if found guilty of doing so, online or off. The military US does not seem too concerned.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:14 pm

So far US is looser in cyber propaganda by only looking what happens in Libya this is comment from

CIA using social networks

http://rt.com/usa/news/cia-government-us-madsen/

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:19 am