tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Nimben - Australia's oldest continuous alternative community.

icecold
    icecold

Nimben - Australia's oldest continuous alternative community. Empty Nimben - Australia's oldest continuous alternative community.

Post  icecold Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:12 am

Nimben is one of my favourite places. Settled by hippies in the late 1960s. Set in some of the most beautiful country in the world. Part of the Tweed Valley area of Northern NSW. The town resides inside the huge remnant of an extinct super volcano. The centre of the caldera is the ancient volcanic plug, Mt. Warning.

Love this town. The first Aquarius Festival was held here in the early 70s. This event was organised by my ex-wife's partner an iconic figure in the area and a gentle giant.

This is a very closeknit community living under an aboriginal codex or set of laws which make modern national laws seem barbaric by comparison. The community thrives.

Last edited by icecold on Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Nimben - Australia's oldest continuous alternative community. Empty Re: Nimben - Australia's oldest continuous alternative community.

Post  mudra Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:08 am

Lovely place ice .
    is hemp legalized then in Australia ?

Love from me
    mudra
    icecold
    icecold

Nimben - Australia's oldest continuous alternative community. Empty Re: Nimben - Australia's oldest continuous alternative community.

Post  icecold Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:37 am

LOL. No Mudra. Nimben is sort of a special case. Just in case the government legalises its use, they have a test bed. But the Nimben Hemp Bar is like an embassy. Hands off to the police. Its a funny situation.
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:17 pm

Nimbin is on my bucket list of places to visit before I kick it.

There is a company there called the Rainbow Power Company that I use from time to time to get stuff for my off-gridification project.

Man, I can be illiterate at times :)

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am