tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+5
pi31416
Reunite
Anchor
enemyofNWO
Carol
9 posters

AUSTRALIA NOW

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

AUSTRALIA NOW Empty AUSTRALIA NOW

Post  Carol Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 pm

AUSTRALIA NOW _50821009_011017810-1
    Thousands of people have fled their homes in Victoria as major flooding hits the southern Australian state.
    Volunteers clean up flood debris in Brisbane, Australia (16 Jan 2011
    )
    The floods have already swamped some of the state's northern towns and are threatening 1,400 homes in 43 others.

At least 18 people have lost their lives in Australia's flood disaster so far. Dozens are still missing.

All the deaths were in the northern state of Queensland, where water levels have now largely receded and a major clean-up operation is now underway.

Victoria state officials said the flood is set to be one of the worst ever seen in the state.

Around 3,500 people have left their homes so far.

''The message to Victorians is that we are not out of the woods yet as far as this flood crisis is concerned," said Trevor White of the State Emergency Service.

"We still have four river systems in major flood, being the Wimmera, the Avoca, the Loddon and the Campaspe rivers.

"And of course we are seeing unprecedented stream rises not witnessed for decades, and in fact that's leading to widespread flooding over vast areas of Victoria that haven't been seen for decades," he said.

The towns of Echuca and Horsham are expected to be the worst hit.
    'Heartwrenching'

Paula Ryan in Echuca told Reuters news agency the military had been laying sandbags in the town to try protect it from the Campaspe River.

Echuca's mayor, Nigel Pankhurst, said he believed the town's levee, designed to withstand once-in-a-century flood levels, would hold.

"Some properties will have water on them but we're not expecting any homes to be inundated or have water above floor level," the Associated Press quoted him as saying.

Some towns in northern Victoria have also ready been inundated, including Charlton, in the south-west, where locals said three-quarters of the town was underwater after the Avoca river burst its banks.

"The force of the water was just unbelievable. Every street that the river was running down was just like a torrent," said resident Gary Tonkin.

"It has uprooted fences and a lot of people's house fences are washed away. The power came back on half an hour ago. The water is just brown and stinks."

Charlton resident Peter Gretgrix said the scale of the damage was "heartwrenching".

"It's just total devastation, some of the shops in the lowish area are just a mess, windows smashed out, it's terrible," he told AFP news agency.

Residents of the southern town of Rochester were attempting to clear their homes of mud and debris as the Wimmera river continued to rise.

"I've never seen it this high ever, so this is the worst," said Noel Mitchell.

read more at link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12201918

Quote:

I will long remember the site of a barista wading through the waters clutching his coffee machine; the man who emerged from the floodwaters with a box full of top-notch wine (most of it came from New Zealand, curiously), and the kid who rescued his surf board. I enjoyed the mayor of Ipswich, an uncomplicated bloke in an uncomplicated sort of place, who suggested that looters be used as floodmarkers.

And we have not even got the bullsharks.

This has been an awful week for the people of Queensland, and especially for those living in Toowoomba and Grantham. But the response and spirit has been a marvel to witness.

Nick Bryant http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/nickbryant/2011/01/queensland_floods.html

~~~

AUSTRALIA NOW 2u3xlbc
    Huge Ring Appears Over Australia, is HAARP involved? 1/14/11
    http://www.pakalertpress.com/2011/01/14/huge-ring-appears-over-australia-is-haarp-involved/
    by colin andrews
    After receiving an urgent e-mail from a contact in Australia informing me of bizarre weather on the weather satellite imagery, I checked out the data and just hours later more strangeness. I am waiting to hear from the Australian Government’s weather bureau for their own explanation.“There is very strange weather happening here – please check” A contact in Australia just alerted me to what he describes as “very strange weather taking place over the south west of Australia”. He told me to go to the national weather satellite images if I could not open the images he attached (See above). By the time I had discovered the e-mail and checked, the large clearly defined ring had mostly dissipated but still was just visible on a time loop which was spiraling counter clockwise (Low Pressure system).
    read more at link posted above..

~~~

This was in my email this morning. Now if only the US would pay attention to how other world leaders deal with some of these issues.
    Quote:
    Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
    This woman should be appointed Queen of the World.. Truer words have never been spoken.

It took a lot of courage for this woman to speak what she had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least she was willing to take a stand on her and Australia's beliefs.
    The whole world needs a leader like this!

AUSTRALIA NOW Julia-Gillard
    Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard ang
    ered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Last edited by Carol on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:37 pm; edited 7 times in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

AUSTRALIA NOW Empty Re: AUSTRALIA NOW

Post  enemyofNWO Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Carol wrote:This was in my email this morning. Now if only the US would pay attention to how other world leaders deal with some of these issues.

Quote:

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
    This woman should be appointed Queen of the World.. Truer words have never been spoken.

It took a lot of courage for this woman to speak what she had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least she was willing to take a stand on her and Australia's beliefs.
    The whole world needs a leader like this!

AUSTRALIA NOW Julia-Gillard
    Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard ang
    ered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

I tend to agree with some bits of what she said . The problem with Australia is that it has become a totally controlled zionist state . People just don't have a clue .
    Australia is a rotten apple beautiful to look at, but rotten inside .
    The Australian government is totally owned and controlled by Washington and Tel aviv. At the time of the US president Lindon Johnson there was a saying " all the way with LBJ " . I suspect that nothing has changed there . This explains why Australia sends troops wherever the US fight wars . Australia considers itself the sheriff of South East Asia . I don't know what's going to happen when US goes bankrupt ( very soon ) . I am glad to be out of that place .
    There are about 120,000 people with Zionist connections and I reckon that nearly all of them are Israeli firsters and then Australian .
    The sayanims do help the Mossad and ASIO secret services . Sayanims are also over represented in certain professions and exert strong influence within the corrupt two party system .
    Every aspect of society is rigged . ASIO infiltrates the Universities , the High schools, the Medical centers , the public service and so on .
    The mass media is controlled including the ABC ( the government funded broadcaster )
    The Bali bombing was a black flag operation . Some Indonesian patzi were found and they took the blame . Also there is a strong suspicion that the Port Arthur massacre was organized to disarm the Australian population .
    Under the new terror laws a person can be incarcerated on the opinion of some dimwit in the police or the secret services . No lawyers are permitted .
    There has been at least a Prime Minister and a Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia that knew 20 years in advance to what position they would be appointed .
    There are people that by birth have a right to a brilliant career fame and money or cushy job often choreographed by the secret services . Lawyers that win court cases with some invisible help from ASIO ( the secret services ) and they are admired because they excel in everything they do .......
    In Australia whistle blowers or people that find some hot information are treated as criminals by the system . The system gangs up to ruin them financially , or find some imaginary mental problem just like at the times of Soviet Russia . The police force is deeply corrupted and the secret services are out of control . There is no law according to them . More than four years since we left that damned S### hole we are still monitored by the secret services .
    This just to say that doing a family search in Australia could be a life endangering effort .

Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:40 pm

I did some research - I am sorry to say that this looks like an email hoax.

From 2008:
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw-act/racist-email-rocks-railway/story-e6freuzi-1111115427895

From 2009:
    http://www.smh.com.au/national/oh-kevin-you-didnt-20090303-8nhz.html

Here is where the same speech is attributed to a previous PM, Mr Howard
    http://www.hoax-slayer.com/howard-muslim-speech.shtml

I cant find a reference to this speech in any of the Australian media except in the context of a hoax.

John..
    Reunite
    Reunite

Post  Reunite Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Didn't sound right to me too.

Gillard is an atheist and all so the words of Christians beliefs fell short.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:33 pm

ahh, too bad but I figured one of you would help sort it out. It still is a good message, especially for the US.

pi31416
    pi31416

Post  pi31416 Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:04 am

Carol wrote:ahh, too bad but I figured one of you would help sort it out. It still is a good message, especially for the US.

You've been had. The words, and not these exact words, by far, are from Peter Costello, John Howard's Treasurer, and they date back from 2005.

Here is the full story: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/australia.asp

As for Gillard, she'd have a mosque built on top of Parliament House in Canberra if she only smelt half a vote in it.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:14 am

Welcome pi. We already got the message awhile back and appreciate your input as well.

Last edited by Carol on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

pineal-pilot-in merkabah
    pineal-pilot-in merkabah

Post  pineal-pilot-in merkabah Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:35 am

it struck me as odd as ive read she is an athiest (satanist) and the bali bombing did work well for a while i think most aussies hated muslims, not sure what the status is now i think lots of people have smelled the rat due to 9/11 faux pass. as for thinking spying is a good idea thats bs, agreed australia is the new world order model , minimum population and living in mostly condensed mega cities. i agree with the premise that if you dont follow the countries general ideas about freedom and liberty then get out.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

AUSTRALIA NOW Empty For an understanding of the Australian REGIME , this article is very illuminating .

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:56 am

For an understanding of the Australian REGIME , this article is very illuminating .
    It follows other sad recent episodes .

Mamdouh Habib's story is backed by evidence.

SNIP

"LAST December 17 in Sydney, officers representing the federal Attorney-General Robert McClelland signed a secret deal with former terror suspect Mamdouh Habib.

It featured an undisclosed compensation payout in return for Habib dropping his long-running civil suit claiming commonwealth complicity in his 2001 arrest, rendition, detention and torture in Pakistan, Egypt and Guantanamo Bay.

The secrecy clause preventing details of the deal being made public prolonged a decade-long cover-up of exactly what the Australian government and its officers knew about Habib's CIA rendition to Egypt, where he was held in barbarous conditions and tortured for seven months, before being transferred to Cuba. Since Habib returned to Australia in January 2005, successive governments and the security agencies have denied any knowledge of, or involvement in, this ugly episode.

The commonwealth has used every legal device at its disposal to keep the sordid details under wraps, routinely frustrating media and legal efforts to get to the truth, in the name of national security.

In 2007 a judge in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal lashed out at ASIO's repeated refusal to release information on Habib, asking: "Why should we take your word for it when again and again we find things that are said to be the subject of national security concerns turn out not to be? I mean it looks like an easy way out for ASIO: when in doubt, just say 'national security'."

The hush-hush settlement seemed set to stamp the Habib case closed for good. But with the ink on it hardly dry, startling claims have emerged about Australia's connivance in the brutal maltreatment of one of its citizens.

The new testimony is in the form of witness statements obtained by Habib and tendered to commonwealth lawyers - but not until now made public - which apparently precipitated the December deal.

These accounts have not been tested in court but, if true, they provide damning evidence of Australia's collusion, and expose as lies the repeated insistence that Australia had no knowledge of or involvement in Habib's ordeal.
    A decade after the event, it is now possible to piece together the sorry story of Australia's treatment of Habib, based on court testimony, witness statements, government documents released from court files and under freedom of information, and insider accounts. It is a disturbing tale.

Habib was arrested in Pakistan days after the September 11 attacks on the US. He has always maintained he was there to look at relocating his family, while Australian investigators claim he had been in an al-Qa'ida training camp, which Habib still denies.

Either way, he was of keen interest to the authorities, particularly the CIA, because of his acquaintance with the militants who carried out the first World Trade Centre bombing in 1993.

Australian officials visited Habib, along with FBI and CIA agents, three times while he was detained in Islamabad in late October 2001.

A few days later he was handed over to the Americans, handcuffed, shackled, hooded, with his mouth and eyes taped and a bag over his head, and flown to Bagram air base in Afghanistan, before being transferred to Egypt.

For the next seven months there he was subjected to relentless interrogation, beatings, electric shocks, water torture, sexual assault, cigarette burns and more.

For years, the Australian authorities denied any knowledge of Habib's detention in Egypt. "

SNIP 2
    "The Prime Minister's office confirms Gillard has asked the Inspector-General to inquire into "the actions of relevant Australian agencies" in relation to Habib's arrest and detention overseas. A spokesperson tells Focus: "A number of serious allegations have been made in relation to this matter and it is appropriate for the Prime Minister to request that they be properly examined. The IGIS Act requires inquiries to be conducted in private." But the spokesperson did not say if the results will be released. "
    END SNIP

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/mamdouh-habibs-story-is-backed-by-evidence/story-e6frg6z6-1225987997174

The Inspector General is there to cover up all the criminal deeds of ASIO and the Australian Government .
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:33 am

We have at lease 5 or 7 members from Australia. I'd be really curious as to their take on what is going on in their country. In addition, do you recall Bill talking about the safe underground area one could go to if they had at least $500,000. I wonder where that location site is? Given all the flooding one would postulate that there is great concern for for underground bases. I remember when Stan Deyo lived there for years and eventually moved to Colorado. I think he left about the time they had the gun laws go into effect and he complained about a number of various restrictions of one sort or another.

The Prime Minister is a Satanist? Well if ture, that is discouraging.

Zedd
    Zedd

Post  Zedd Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 pm

The Prime Minister is a Satanist? Well if true, that is discouraging.[/quote]

Hi All

She is actually, by definition, a known fabianist.

One can't separate Australia from any other country. All police forces, secret agencies, gov'ts etc are owned, we all know this.

An interesting article on Gilliard :
    http://www.fli.org.au/wp-content/uploads/Julia.pdf
    Cheers
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:27 am

Carol wrote:
    AUSTRALIA NOW 2u3xlbc
    Huge Ring Appears Over Australia, is HAARP involved? 1/14/11
    http://www.pakalertpress.com/2011/01/14/huge-ring-appears-over-australia-is-haarp-involved/
    by colin andrews
    After receiving an urgent e-mail from a contact in Australia informing me of bizarre weather on the weather satellite imagery, I checked out the data and just hours later more strangeness. I am waiting to hear from the Australian Government’s weather bureau for their own explanation.“There is very strange weather happening here – please check” A contact in Australia just alerted me to what he describes as “very strange weather taking place over the south west of Australia”. He told me to go to the national weather satellite images if I could not open the images he attached (See above). By the time I had discovered the e-mail and checked, the large clearly defined ring had mostly dissipated but still was just visible on a time loop which was spiraling counter clockwise (Low Pressure system).
    read more at link posted above..

~~~

Carol this is old news and possible disinfo . I have seen the exact same picture posted on PA about a year ago.
    That ring is so perfect it looks like photoshopped.
    Here is the original 2010 article from Colin Andrew 's website : http://www.colinandrews.net/Cloud-Radar-Circle-Australia-2010-0116.html
    The mail Andrew received was sent anonymously to him. No way to verify anything in these cases.

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 am

Thank you mudra. I had wondered about the data when I saw Sorcha Fael's name associated with the linked info and had wondered what was up. I was going to do some more google research on it but hadn't yet.

enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Carol wrote:Thank you mudra. I had wondered about the data when I saw Sorcha Fael's name associated with the linked info and had wondered what was up. I was going to do some more google research on it but hadn't yet.

Carol , Here is an article from the Truthseeker confirming Sorcha as an operation . My idea is that she mixes news with fantasy ....

Sorcha Faal: Intelligence Briefs or Disinformation? How To Tell the Difference

SNIP
    " Before I go into this subject in any great depth, I would first like to deal with Sorcha Faal, otherwise known as David Booth of the CIA. David Booth works within the Central Intelligence Agency in COINTELPRO. Other western intelligence agencies known for using COINTELPRO methods include MI5, MI6, GCHQ, and the think-tank, DEMOS. To be quite blunt, all intelligence agencies have their own COINTELPRO departments.

Here is a picture of “Sorcha Faal” from WhatDoesItMean.com: "

END SNIP

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=17901
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Awesome Info and Link EoNWO...

AUSTRALIA NOW David-Booth

Heh heh

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Mercuriel wrote:
    Awesome Info and Link EoNWO...

AUSTRALIA NOW David-Booth

Heh heh

What a QT. Where's her scarf?

Thanks eNWO for the info. I've known David as a disinfo agent for years but never saw his picture before. Indeed, fact mixed with confabulation is his stick. However, the reason I like to read what he comes up with is not for the fiction end but to get an idea of what is going on that they are watching - not the distortions, but the facts behind the distortions,

Reunite
    Reunite

Post  Reunite Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:37 pm

This is still my favorite stunt.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Reunite wrote:This is still my favorite stunt.

Did 'nt know what to expect .
    Nice surprise Reunite lol!

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:39 pm

AUSTRALIA NOW Bskyb_image_15894954_400x240
    Oz Floods: 'Largest Disaster In History'
    Floods that have devastated huge areas of Australia's eastern seaboard look set to be the costliest natural disaster ever and take years to repair the damage.

The deluge last week in the Brisbane area and overnight in the state of Victoria, where 46 townships have been affected, would force the government to enact spending cuts, Treasurer Wayne Swan said.

"It looks like this is possibly going to be, in economic terms, the largest natural disaster in our history," he said.

"This is very big. It's not just something which is going to occupy our time for the next few months - it will be a question of years as we go through the rebuilding."

Flooding has hit four states since December and the death toll from the worst hit state of Queensland is expected to rise.

The scale of the disaster has exceeded a 1974 cyclone in Darwin which left 43,000 homeless, although deadly 2009 bush fires in Victoria state claimed 131 lives, but caused less damage.

The estimated cost of rebuilding in northern Queensland state alone stood at £6bn, according to The Australian newspaper, and the damage bill was rising fast as record flooding moved south to northern and western Victoria.

Central bank board member Warwick McKibbin last week warned the floods, which have so far killed 22 people since starting their onslaught last month, could cut 1% off growth - equal to almost £8bn, when lost production and infrastructure destruction were taken into account.

The Victorian town of Horsham was bracing for a "one-in-200-year flood", Mayor Michael Ryan said, while the city of Echuca remained submerged after flooding blamed on a Pacific La Nina weather pattern, bringing heavy rains to Australia.

The influential Australian Greens party, which helps Prime Minister Julia Gillard's minority Labor government wield power, said on Monday that "coal barons" should pay for natural disaster damage using half of a planned mineral resources profits tax that has angered miners.

"There is very little doubt that the burning of fossil fuels is responsible for the hottest oceans that we've ever seen off Australia, which in turn - the scientists are saying very clearly - is responsible for the extraordinary and harrowing floods," Greens Leader Bob Brown said.

"It is unfair that the cost is put on all taxpayers, not the culprits," Brown said, noting there had also been devastating floods in Brazil and Sri Lanka, while 2010 had been the hottest year on record.
    http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/oz_floods_largest_disaster_in_history

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:35 pm

First burials as Australian flood crisis deepens
    Australia's flood-ravaged Queensland state on Wednesday began the grim task of burying its dead, as people in the sodden south fled a record deluge threatening to engulf homes.

British Foreign Secretary William Hague toured Brisbane to inspect damage from floods that swamped 30,000 homes last week -- the peak of an unprecedented disaster which hit an area larger than France and Germany combined.

"People in Britain were watching this hour by hour, minute by minute, hoping and praying for you," said Hague at a barbecue with flood victims in the east coast city, Australia's third-largest.

"It's hard to imagine the volume of water that came up from the peaceful-looking river over there."

The flooding crisis deepened in southern Victoria state, where engorged rivers threatened to breach a levee around the town of Kerang, prompting officials to warn all 4,000 residents to evacuate.

By late Wednesday, officials said the floodwaters had peaked and engineers expected the levee to hold, but that evacuation warnings would remain in place as the waters were expected to linger for several days.

In Warracknabeal, west of Kerang, a six-kilometre (four-mile) levee bank built mostly by residents seemed to have saved the town from a record inundation after it experienced half its annual rainfall in just a week.

But the threat had not entirely passed as the levee was leaking and 177 homes were still at risk of flooding.

"The worst is not over here in Warracknabeal," said the State Emergency Service's Ray Jasper. "The water will push on the temporary levee until tomorrow lunchtime."

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh said the real pain was just beginning for those living in the Lockyer Valley, west of Brisbane, where residents were returning home after a terrifying "inland tsunami" that killed 20 people.

"This is something that happened in the space of 20-30 minutes. One minute standing in the lounge room, half an hour later literally banging a hole out of the roof and throwing your children up onto it," said Bligh, who toured the shattered region on Tuesday.

"People are reliving that terror as well as coming to terms with what they could see around them and what had happened to their town," she added.

The first burials for victims of the disaster -- a mother and her 13-year-old son swept to their deaths in Toowoomba -- were to be held on Wednesday.

Teenager Jordan Rice, afraid of water and unable to swim, has been lauded as a national hero for urging rescuers to save his 10-year-old brother and mother, Donna, first -- a sacrifice that ultimately cost him his life. read more at link http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.3bf85c2831c0d78eb3c3ae8ea03860f2.591&show_article=1

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:50 pm