tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+13
mudra
JesterTerrestrial
anomalous cowherd
monique
sunflower
Zedd
Carol
TRANCOSO
burgundia
syamakunda
dominic777
lindabaker
gscraig
17 posters

Changing the name of this Site

gscraig
    gscraig

Changing the name of this Site Empty Changing the name of this Site

Post  gscraig Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:35 am

Hello All,

I've been rather quiet and peeking in and out of the forum lately, but wanted to make a suggestion as provided in the topic of this thread.

Can we begin to establish a separate identity for this site? Carol? Merc?

The Mists of Avalon still give credence to another site by caring a part of it's name, but yet, we do not support much of what has and currently occurs there. I ask if we can take on our own identity here, with perhaps a voting process of names/titles to be submitted by the posters/members here? (or by some other means)

I feel this site should continue to function in a manner that we would prefer in a truly free and receptive world. Therefore, having it's own presence and recognized identity established and decided upon by it's members. All voices heard, none silenced.

ONE ANOTHER NOTE

Great job in the bare minimal moderation and existence of moderators here. I believe how you build the foundation will determine the bricks will lay, and who will "help" lay them. Those bricks that tend to crack, will crumble away on their own.Therefore, I would like to ask everyone to keep an eye out for Hate Mongering threads and those that pose no relevance, importance, or concrete facts to support them here and WE will minimize infiltration and intended distraction.

Just wanted to share some thoughts and Good Day to each and all of you.

gscraig
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Changing the name of this Site Empty Re: Changing the name of this Site

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:49 am

Good Day to you too, gscraig! You are a very thoughtful person! I did want to respond, as I think that if a forum member makes a request that we should be kind enough to do so. I would not mind changing the name. Would there be a link for those who visit only occasionally and might miss the changeover? I, for one, like improvements and always welcome change.
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:15 am

gscraig wrote:Hello All,

I've been rather quiet and peeking in and out of the forum lately, but wanted to make a suggestion as provided in the topic of this thread.

Can we begin to establish a separate identity for this site? Carol? Merc?

The Mists of Avalon still give credence to another site by caring a part of it's name, but yet, we do not support much of what has and currently occurs there. I ask if we can take on our own identity here, with perhaps a voting process of names/titles to be submitted by the posters/members here? (or by some other means)

I feel this site should continue to function in a manner that we would prefer in a truly free and receptive world. Therefore, having it's own presence and recognized identity established and decided upon by it's members. All voices heard, none silenced.

ONE ANOTHER NOTE

Great job in the bare minimal moderation and existence of moderators here. I believe how you build the foundation will determine the bricks will lay, and who will "help" lay them. Those bricks that tend to crack, will crumble away on their own.Therefore, I would like to ask everyone to keep an eye out for Hate Mongering threads and those that pose no relevance, importance, or concrete facts to support them here and WE will minimize infiltration and intended distraction.

Just wanted to share some thoughts and Good Day to each and all of you.

gscraig
    I think you are right, avalon or camelot have not much in common with us....therefore title could be "RIMBAUDS REVENGE"...or "PIMP YOUR AXE"
    lol
    dom
    pimp you axe is one of my songs
    lol sunny lol!
    syamakunda
    syamakunda

Post  syamakunda Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 am

Hello all..

This tought was in my mind too when this forum was done first place.
    I forget it then but now as you ask it, iam for the change.

Name has more meaning as it brings certain energies with it.

Syamakunda flower
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 am

syamakunda wrote:Hello all..

Syamakunda flower
    True...
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:38 pm

burgundia wrote:
    syamakunda wrote:Hello all..

Syamakunda flower
    True...
    true
    sunny sunny
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm

I always refer to this site as MoA.
    As in...

Masters of Ascendance
    Oooyeah 1
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:51 pm

or Masters of Ascension... cheers
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:43 pm

burgundia wrote:or Masters of Ascension... cheers

How about "Glastonbury Missed" or "ARFERMO" or "FIB and ACCI" .
    lol
    dom
    jocolor lol!
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:18 pm

'The Mists of Avalon' is a constant reminder of the HOW & WHY this forum was originated.

Double Thumbs Up

Last edited by TRANCOSO on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:58 pm

Starsthroughthemists.net? As in looking up from the campfire?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:52 pm

I like our name for a number of reasons, primarily we met at Avalon. We all know Avalon is off in its own direction just as Camelot is. However, the name Mists of Avalon identifies us and our history where it makes it easier for anyone who was a part of the original group of 7,000 to find us.

A name change also tends to create a lot of confusion for the potential and current members. We are just getting re-established after the three moves dealing with servers. Each move we lost members and over a thousand signed up at our frist server but we only have 200 plus here. In addition keeping things simple makes for less stress and less work at the Admin level as well.

Given that both Mercuriel and I have been dealing with some very heavy issues over a number of months as the primary health care giver of a loved one with cancer has been a challenge. Speaking just for myself I'm not up for a name change and the potential problems it is likely to create.

Last edited by Carol on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Zedd
    Zedd

Post  Zedd Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Carol wrote:I like our name for a number of reasons......................................................................................................I'm not up for a name change and the potential problems it is likely to create.
    I fully agree with you Carol. It isn't the name that brings me here or for that matter drives me away, I am drawn by the people who frequent this forum.
    A name only has the power you give to it....

Cheers

Z
    dominic777
    dominic777

Post  dominic777 Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Zedd wrote:
    Carol wrote:I like our name for a number of reasons......................................................................................................I'm not up for a name change and the potential problems it is likely to create.
    I fully agree with you Carol. It isn't the name that brings me here or for that matter drives me away, I am drawn by the people who frequent this forum.
    A name only has the power you give to it....

Cheers

Z
    Instead of changing the name , can we give the forum a face lift ..the top part picture is great...the rest we may be able to change.
    lol
    dom
    cheers lol!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:01 pm

That was in the works when Mercuriel had to leave. I suspect this will happen once he returns.

sunflower
    sunflower

Post  sunflower Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:54 pm

I appreciate the explanation, Carol. You and Mercuriel along with Mudra and others have made the Mists an appealing place to visit along with the casual and friendly manner in which members interact with each other. Self-moderating is easy to do under such circumstances.

As far as name change is concerned, I don't mind either way as long as there is some sort of visible connection with the original name.
    monique
    monique

Post  monique Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:08 pm

I love you I think Carol is right with the reasons for the name of the forum is not changed. Furthermore, mainly because we are on different continents and cultures is difficult to reach a consensus on another name for the forum. Even as we're not exactly individuals standartdized by globalism. And everyone knows that the content is worth more than the label. Good Sunday to all, Monique I love you

PS.: sorry if sometimes I seem a little harsh and uncivilized - have difficulty with English - I may not always be fully understood.

Lindabaker, the expression of the eyes of your little dog is equal, is the same, of my dog Gigi: Wonderful !
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:31 pm

monique, harsh? uncivilized?? NEVER, I may not have a strong impression of who you are but do notice your warmth and sincerity , so please post more often .
    You might even have a civilizing influence on for me!

A good forum for the subjects we are concerned with on the mists MUST have people from different languages and cultures to have any relevance, so I for one appreciate your presence very much.

Regarding the Mists name? If it ain't broke, don't fix it comes to mind. I can't think of a better name, well, ok, how about anomalous sheepherders anonamous? Kind of trips off the tongue quite nicely, no? Ok, Lord Trancosy's Royal Lair? Nawww, might be discouraging should we have any Chinese members.
    JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Post  JesterTerrestrial Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 pm

monique wrote:
    PS.: sorry if sometimes I seem a little harsh and uncivilized - have difficulty with English - I may not always be fully understood.

Yes me too. Well said. I am also sorry.

IN FACT IT IS MY AIM TO CRUSH ENGLISH INTO OBLIVION!!!

LOL

I like the name...but whatever :) Big Grin 2 Change it up if ya wanna

Thubs Up
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Dearest monique,

You are most eloquent in how you express yourself and your message comes across clearly. Please understand that we appreciate you exactly the way you are.

With fondest regard,

Carol

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Monique you are just great my dear .
    I always enjoy you popping in here .
    You are part of the family and we love you cheers

Love from me
    mudra
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Changing the name of this Site Sheia7777

This name is appropriate for this group since it was created in the "Mists of Avalon". In the mists of a forum that was in turmoil at the time.

That "Avalon" continued with a different set of priorities in mind and has not lived up to its name. That Bill's Forum or others may have the same name it really doesn't matter.

We can only strive to live up to our name, and what it represents in archetype.

We emerged within The Mists as an island apart of everything else, willing to explore ideas and ideals that will help lift the energies of our beloved planet in these great times of sacred transformation... and it is this energy that keeps us together.

With Love and in Love,

Sui
    monique
    monique

Post  monique Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 am

cheers Anomalous cowherd, Jester, Carol and Mudra, Thank you for the words of you. I am very happy that you understand what i say. Can say i learn English whit you. LOL Flowers

I wish all who reside in the northern hemisphere a real autumn - without large fluctuations in temperature, floods or earthquakes. And for us here in the southern hemisphere, spring has arrived resplendent, we can not complain about life. sunny

Best regards, Monique.

lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi, Monique! Please do not hesitate to write as much as you want. We all understand about learning a language that is not the one our mother taught us. If we do not understand what you wrote, may we ask you what it means? I really enjoy making sure communication is clear. I also like to try to speak other languages, and I make a lot of mistakes, and I just laugh about it, because it is better to try than to say we can't do it, right? Cheers, and happy spring to you. Linda
    gscraig
    gscraig

Post  gscraig Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I can strongly relate with simplification when I first considered the previous server moves prior to posting this suggestion. It it this scenario that I feel provides the greatest of reasons as to why the name should not be changed.

I also agree that it is the subject matter and not the title that determines the value of this site, but I would rather have a title that emanates what has evolved here, oppose to what it evolved from...or why.

This was posted by a couple of you... "A name only has the power you give to it". Think hard about that comment and the many applications it may carry now, unintentionally.

It does not matter if there is 1,000, 5000, or 200 members on this site or why. What matters is only those whom are here and can contribute or take away something.

Forgive my internal drive for independence and uniqueness...For it is who I am. Always existing outside of the box.

gscraig

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:32 am