tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+7
superhero
ClearWater
mudra
SiriArc
burgundia
rhythm
starninja
11 posters

Empowerment

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Empowerment - Page 3 Empty Re: Empowerment

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:08 am

I met a lovely australian lady in India. She had been there for many years, her hatha yoga ability was exceptional. She was a bright, articulate lady who had studied the yogic texts as well as doing her practice. She was in daily meditations and this was her life for many many years. When i met her she was on her way to Spain. Why spain i aksed? I want to see Barcelona she said, I am sooo tired of this spiritual path, I want to find a nice Spanish man who will love me and give me babies... and off she went, I didnt keep in touch, and do wonder how she got on.

There must be a balance in life... I am giving my spiritual path one more chance, with my ayahusca rtreat in a few weeks, if i have a clear vision and direction after this i will follow it, if not I will find an organic farm and will grow and paint and build and paint and carve, and hopefully fins someone to share the lifestyle :). Do I need to reach deep emotional levels to achieve this? not sure, will have to think about it.

starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:08 am

I love the story of Australian lady. LOL.

Yes, it must be balance in life. I wish you to get clarity on your retreat. I hope that you will share your experience with ayahusca. I don't know that much about it.
    I believe that if you open up to the possibility of sharing your life with somebody,
    you will find what you are looking for. Big Grin 3
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 am

Thank you Vidya for sharing your experiences and story with us. Without emotions we are just robots. Emotions make us beautiful and, who know, perhaps unique in this vast universe.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:21 am

I am not seeing the spiritual path as disconnected from life itself .
    Spirit is our nature so no matter how hard we would like to run away from this
    we can't . Wether being a monk in a monastery , a gardener, a prostitute or a dancer ...
    the core self is the same . If it was'nt for our spirit nature there would be no life
    there to experience .When you realize that you and life are one than you can fully
    embrace all the colors of the experience and its large array of emotions.
    There is no path to travel that is better than another for we are the path.
    I often heard that at the end what people regret when they look back is not so much
    what they did but rather what they did'nt do .
    I believe we are here to live life to the brim and that whatever we choose to do we should
    do it with great passion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYxOWPzZXBM

Love Always
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:00 am

mudra wrote:I am not seeing the spiritual path as disconnected from life itself .

I often heard that at the end what people regret when they look back is not so much
    what they did but rather what they did'nt do .
    I believe we are here to live life to the brim and that whatever we choose to do we should
    do it with great passion.

Love Always
    mudra

of course mudra, i think we all know this dont we? when i talk of spiritual path i mean following this to the exclusion of other things in life, for example when in the flow i tend to travel a lot and then you live with what you carry and encounter on your journey. All the great things produced in the material world have a spiritual component.

In chakra terms the heart is the centre, and the ones below are earth related, the ones above spirit related.

This is a thread of empowerment, and of love and emotion and spiritual paths. Perhaps I can summarise all these with my favourite meditation, its balances who i am and gives nice energy to all i do. I will summarise, this can be stretched out as long as desired..... (and i mean summarise , lol.. we can all use our imagination, my practice is much longer than what i will write here)

----------

Close your eyes. Imagine your favourite place on earth, or an imaginary place. Imagine your love for this place and let the love surround you. dwell a while here. then concentrate this love into your heart, the size of a small ball. then send this love to mother earth with your intention and wait....wait for her to send her love back, and she ALWAYS does.....you are her child and she always loves you.
    Then imagine your love for the sun, the planets, the sky, for father, and let this love surround you.. dwell a while (while still receiving mother's love) and then concentrate this love and send it to father, and wait for him to return it, which he always does, as he always loves you too.

imagine yourself a product (child) of mother earth and father earth while you bathe in the love being sent from both...

----------

my biggest problem when deeply into the spiritual is that i forget to ground, i fly too much :) this meditation and other grounding exercises helps me keep my feet on mother I love you

but there is spirit (father) in all we do on this earth (mother) and we cannot do anything without either,

BALANCE is they key.... and i am seldom really balanced.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:40 am

That is a lovely meditation Vidya .
    Thank You for sharing .
    I quite agree with you " balance " is the key .
    It sometimes takes to be willing to explore the extremes to find it .
    And I think this is probably what is thrilling about life ...to go
    beyond the limits of what the social and cultural patterns say is
    right. I have led quite an unconventional life , found myself in plenty
    of unusual situations , met all kinds of people .
    This leaves me open to about everything .
    I can relate to Tolle when he speaks of being in the Now , I can relate
    to Starninja when she speaks of expressing her emotions , I can relate
    to the hermit in his cave , I can relate to people that feel offended by
    other's way of life ...I can relate to you when you say you often fly as
    I do too Wink
    My mind may agree or disagree but I can relate to
    all the facets of life .
    I do'nt have much beliefs anymore I think that I feel
    like defending as much of my judgements seem to have faded away LOL.
    Finally empowerment I think has to do with being free ..
    free to be the expression of life we choose to spontaneously honor and
    let others do the same.

My random thoughts .

Love from me
    mudra
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:58 am

Hm……spirituality. As I am recovered from Eastern spirituality and its version of New Age, I have come to the different conclusion about spirituality. A. Lowen, a student of W. Riech, is one of my greatest teachers into the realm of emotion and feelings. He said,” Spirituality in not a way of acting or of thinking; it is the life of the spirit which is expressed in the spontaneous and involuntary movements of the body in actions which is not ego controlled……..It is the spirit in us that moves us to love, to tears, to dance, and to sing. It is a sprit in the man that cries out for justice, fights for freedom, and rejoices in the beauty of all nature. It is also the spirit that moves us to anger. The strength of a person’s spirit is reflected in the intensity of his feelings”

It is a very different approach to spirituality than that of Eastern or new Age, isn’t it? This tread is about that kind of empowerment.
    People were programmed to suppress their feelings and nobody is free from it as we have learned to do it since our childhood. When we suppress anger, fear, or sadness, we suppress all feelings. It is impossible to suppress anger but to feel love and joy. It is impossible to suppress fear but to feel joy and love. If we suppress one feeling we suppress them all. As a result, our body is dead. As body is dead we experience inner emptiness and we look outside of ourselves to fill this emptiness. We look for spirituality because our life lost its deep meaning and we lost the ability to feel deep love and joy. We are engaging in many spiritual practices to find what we have lost. But we will never find until we get our bodies back that is feeling all deepest feelings. When body is alive, a person is more sensitive to others and to their feelings. Of course, when one is more alive one is more capable of love and joy. We will never feel passion until we reclaim all our feelings. We can have a meaningless discussion what passion is or what life is all about. It is pointless as long as our bodies are dead.
    rhythm
    rhythm

Post  rhythm Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm

realy great thread ninja girl Oooyeah 1
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:22 pm

starninja wrote:It is the spirit in us that moves us to love, to tears, to dance, and to sing. It is a sprit in the man that cries out for justice, fights for freedom, and rejoices in the beauty of all nature. It is also the spirit that moves us to anger. The strength of a person’s spirit is reflected in the intensity of his feelings”

I quite agree with you starninja . As I said above Spirit is life itself and has no limits in the vast array of feelings it wishes to express through his many experiences .
    I understand you came a long way and experienced a great relief in studying and following the theories you mention . It's all in your honor .
    I understand also you are disillusioned by Eastern philosophies and other spiritual paths . What you did'nt get out of it others however did . It obviously just was'nt right for you Wink

Love from me
    mudra

starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:05 pm

I quite agree with you starninja . As I said above Spirit is life itself and has no limits in the vast array of feelings it wishes to express through his many experiences .
    I understand you came a long way and experienced a great relief in studying and following the theories you mention . It's all in your honor .
    I understand also you are disillusioned by Eastern philosophies and other spiritual paths . What you did'nt get out of it others however did . It obviously just was'nt right for you

Mudra,

I don’t follow any theory. I am not a follower. I have been studing carefully many teachings and theories and questioned them. I listen carefully to my intuition and feelings. This is a quintessence of empowerment. But people who follow theories, Gurus, or teachers are detached from their feelings, intuition, and inner knowing. They don’t trust themselves, and as a result, they look outside of themselves for the guidance. This is a recipe to be disempowered and insecure. I spent hours doing research on Infiltration of New Age Movement about dangerous consequences to our mental and emotional well being from following Eastern Practice and its New Age version. Secondly, I am on a spiritual path but I have different understanding of spirituality than you do.
    I may reiterate again that tread is not about Eastern spirituality. On the contrary, this tread is about curing the damage done by practicing Eastern spirituality. In other words, I focus here on getting our bodies back by feeling all feelings and emotions and learning how to express them.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:27 pm

starninja wrote:
    I may reiterate again that tread is not about Eastern spirituality. On the contrary, this tread is about curing the damage done by practicing Eastern spirituality. In other words, I focus here on getting our bodies back by feeling all feelings and emotions and learning how to express them.

if you will forgive my oversimplification... i tend to lump the eastern philosophies with the western ones in that they are 'male dominated' (both in energy and gender). From what I have studied this may be a backlash to the times when woman was 'god'.. and the backlash has been severe.

Again, to massively oversimplify I see the way ahead as a blend and balance of male and female energies (not to get hung up on gender here, i know some people dont like the terms male and female in this sense.. ying/yang, sun/moon/ whatever....).... and again, this is why i like the simple meditation i posted earlier in this thread, as a reminder of that... i feel more balanced in this regard personally and I also had to find other answers than the eastern philoposhies provided to achieve this state.

We need to balance spirit with earth, and in rejecting elements of eastern philosophies (or simply adding to them) we must be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater

Last edited by Vidya Moksha on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos galore :))
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:

if you will forgive my oversimplification... i tend to lump the eastern philosophies with the western ones in that they are 'male dominated' (both in energy and gender). From what I have studied this may be a backlash to the times when woman was 'god'.. and the backlash has been severe.

Again, to massively oversimplify I see the way ahead as a blend and balance of male and female energies (not to get hung up on gender here, i know some people dont like the terms male and female in this sense.. ying/yang, sun/moon/ whatever....).... and again, this is why i like the simple meditation i posted earlier in this thread, as a reminder of that... i feel more balanced in this regard personally and I also had to find other answers than the eastern philoposhies provided to achieve this state.
    We need to balance spirit with earth, and in rejecting elements of eastern philosophies (or simply adding to them) we must be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater

I understand what you are saying and I understand where you are. I am in a different place than you are. This tread is a culmination of my long quest into the realm of Eastern spirituality in which I have been involved for a long time. My focus here is on emotional awareness or emotional literacy. Hmm……..it sounds that you haven’t read the whole tread as well as the Infiltration of New Age Movement. You would be very clear where I am now.

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:47 pm

starninja wrote:
    My focus here is on emotional awareness or emotional literacy. Hmm……..it sounds that you haven’t read the whole tread as well as the Infiltration of New Age Movement. You would be very clear where I am now.

I would include emotional awareness in the broad brush i called female energies (not gender related).. and no, you are quite right, I havent read this whole thread, as i stated a few posts back and not even opened the new age one....and I simply dont have time to redress this now.. so i will wish you well on your path and with your search and hope you find what you are looking for, and having found it, i hope it is what you needed.. if not, the search goes forever on eh? Nutbar
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    I would include emotional awareness in the broad brush i called female energies (not gender related).. and no, you are quite right, I havent read this whole thread, as i stated a few posts back and not even opened the new age one....and I simply dont have time to redress this now.. so i will wish you well on your path and with your search and hope you find what you are looking for, and having found it, i hope it is what you needed.. if not, the search goes forever on eh?

Well, I believe that life is about personal growth. But there is a stage in human development where we do trust ourselves and have inner knowing. So, we don't look outside of ourselves for the answers, and as such, we don't have external locus of control but we have internal locus of control.In that sense, the search is over but we will still grow. But this stage can't be reached without a high level of emotional awareness. My soul was guiding me to look deeper at it as I still need to some work.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:22 am

starninja wrote:

Mudra,

I don’t follow any theory. I am not a follower. I have been studing carefully many teachings and theories and questioned them. I listen carefully to my intuition and feelings. This is a quintessence of empowerment. But people who follow theories, Gurus, or teachers are detached from their feelings, intuition, and inner knowing. They don’t trust themselves, and as a result, they look outside of themselves for the guidance. This is a recipe to be disempowered and insecure. I spent hours doing research on Infiltration of New Age Movement about dangerous consequences to our mental and emotional well being from following Eastern Practice and its New Age version. Secondly, I am on a spiritual path but I have different understanding of spirituality than you do.

I think we have a lot in common Starninja . I like to look at our similarities and pay little attention to our differences .
    Spirituality to me is much more about being than believing .
    It's all in the Heart and nowhere to be find in the mind .

Much love
    mudra
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Mudra wrote:

I think we have a lot in common Starninja . I like to look at our similarities and pay little attention to our differences .
    Spirituality to me is much more about being than believing .
    It's all in the Heart and nowhere to be find in the mind .

No, Mudra. Your truth doesn’t match my truth. Your belief system doesn’t match my belief system.
    We have more differences than similarities. There is nothing wrong about it. But people need to associate with people whose belief system match. When we are around likeminded people, the energy is very high and uplifting.

I left the Mists because I couldn’t breathe here. I didn’t understand at that time why I had such a strong bodily reaction but I knew that I had to leave. Today, I know that my soul wanted me to wake up. It was synchronicity as Stardust opened the Infiltration of New Age Movement tread a couple of weeks before I made my decision. The research I have done with Stardust about Eastern practice was very freeing and I am grateful to my soul to guide me there. I released my beliefs about Buddhism, Hindu religion, and New Age version.

You have noticed that I don’t visit your treads any more. I do respect your belief system but I am in a different place than you are. It was another synchronicity as I came back that Brook has opened a tread about Egypt and Orthodoxymoron has opened his tread about Tibet, Kali, and Trinity of Goddess.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:44 pm

starninja wrote:

No, Mudra. Your truth doesn’t match my truth. Your belief system doesn’t match my belief system.

If you see me as a holder, defender or follower of any particular belief system or guru you have'nt found me Starninja Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Mudra wrote:
    If you see me as a holder, defender or follower of any particular belief system or guru you have'nt found me Starninja

Mudra, with all due respect, this tread is about empowerment and emotional literacy. It is not about yours or mine beliefs.
    Sorry, but I don’t want to be distracted any more from what I want to do here.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:31 pm

And so be it Starninja.

All the best to you and your thread .

Love from me
    mudra
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:13 pm

This is a Brook's post from Avalon1. Brook talks about signs of negative influences that we may be exposed to as well as ways of protecting ourselves against those influences. This knowledge is very important if we want to get our power back.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17795

How Energy Vampires Drain Your Spirit

11 Ways to Protect Yourself From Negative Influences

Energy vampires drain your spirit by depleting your positive energy, just like real vampires slurp blood. Energy vampires - such as drama queens - leave you feeling drained and listless, but these eleven ways to protect yourself from negative influences will help!
    After a visit with an energy vampire, you barely have enough energy to watch tv - much pursue your goals or take care of your responsibilities. The energy vampire's negative influences have consumed your positive energy.
    How Energy Vampires Drain Your Spirit

Energy vampires drain positive energy in many ways, such as:

• Intruding on your life, ignoring boundaries and privacy (energy
      vampires don't think of you).

• Making big deals out of nothing. Energy vampires are often called "drama
      queens" because they can easily turn a broken nail into a Shakespearean
      tragedy. Negative energy spreads from everyday events.

• Complaining constantly about their partners, jobs, children, bad luck, and
      illnesses. Energy vampires like to vent.

• Criticizing your hair, appearance, job, children, partner, friends, and pets
      (energy vampires aren't positive).

• Not taking "no" for an answer. Energy vampires don't consider your needs.

• Being unrelentingly negative. Their negative energy is relentless, and energy
      vampires drain your positive energy by encouraging you to be negative, too.

• Blaming everyone else for their problems (energy vampires don't take
      responsibility).

How Energy Vampires Drain Energy & Why You Feel Depressed After a Conversation

You know you've spent time with an energy vampire when you leave feeling depressed, exhausted, or sad. Energy vampires drain your positive energy for their own use. Energy vampires leave you feeling empty and sluggish – and to compensate or build positive energy you may eat, drink, shop, or sleep for hours afterwards

Energy Vampires Need Your Positive Energy

Energy vampires come in all shapes and sizes: loud and aggressive, soft-spoken and shy, charming and seductive, pushy and overbearing. Energy vampires have energy leaks that they need to fill. It's up to you to stop energy vampires from draining your positive energy. Often energy vampires don't even realize they're bleeding you dry. Energy vampires have often suffered some sort of crisis, whether in childhood or adulthood, and they're compensating to get rid of their negative energy. Energy vampires may not be deliberately, maliciously stealing your positive energy -- but they're definitely not contributing to a fantastic relationship.
    Energy Vampires may drain positive energy, but you can learn to stop them!

11 Ways to Protect Yourself From Energy Vampires:

1.Limit the amount of time you spend with energy vampires. The less time
    you're together, the less positive energy you'll lose.

2.Learn effective ways to end conversations with energy vampires (eg, I
    only have ten minutes to talk.")

3.Stay calm and detached from energy vampires. Don't let their negative
    energy consume you.

4.Be honest about your needs (eg, "I need this time
    to work/read/relax/exercise.")

5.Refrain from attempting to rescue them or fix an energy vampire's
    problems.

6.Practice walking away from energy vampires.; the more you do it, the
    easier it gets.
    7.Limit eye contact with energy vampires.

8.Avoid being in close spaces with energy vampires (elevators, cars, etc).
    Negative energy is catching.

9.Define and guard your personal space from energy vampires.

10.Tell energy vampires you feel uncomfortable discussing particular people
    or circumstances.

11.Stand up for yourself and your boundaries! Your time, positive energy,
    and resources are precious and should be closely guarded from energy vampires.
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:17 pm

There is no empowerment without having healthy boundaries. The boundary marks or delineates the difference between us and others. Without boundary, it would be hard to define our self. Without boundary, I may not feel that I have a self. A key to our boundaries is knowing our inner life. Inner life includes our beliefs, thoughts, feelings, decisions, choices and experiences. It also includes our wants, needs, sensations within our bodies, intuition and unconscious factors. So, we do have physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual boundaries. It we are unaware of or out of touch with our inner life, particularly out of touch with feelings and emotions, we can’t know all our boundaries and limits.

We don’t want to get lost in semantics because we may use a different terminology that describes the same phenomena. It doesn’t matter if we call them energy vampires or codependents. We are talking about the same behavioral pattern. This is a behavior that many of us have learned in family of origin as well as we have learned in our culture. But we can’t change it unless we recognize it and learn how self-defeating and harmful it is to our well being as well as how harmful is to our friendship and, particularly, to our close and intimate relationships.

People who are actively co-dependent tends to be fixed in either few or no boundaries, boundarylessness, or the opposite, overly rigid boundaries.
    And they often flip-flop between these. Co-dependents focus so much of their attention outside of themselves, and therefore, they tend to be less aware of their inner life and boundaries. In other words, they have external locus of control. Furthermore, people who have are not sufficiently aware of their inner life and feelings may be too flexible and adaptable even when they are being mistreated or abused. Since they’re not in touch with their feelings, they can’t feel other feelings, and as such, they frequently cross others boundary without knowing it. Such behavior causes a lot of harm to others and damages their friendships and relationships.

Having healthy boundaries may be particularly challenging for women as women were trained to put others needs first. We were not encouraged to explore our needs, wants, or dreams but to be sensitive to others needs and wants. I have witnessed countless examples when women couldn’t identify their needs but could elaborate about the needs of their partners or children. I am talking about very well educated women. Well, programming bypass an educational barrier. Many women have difficulty to say no as well as have problems to be direct. Well, women still are called not nice names when they are assertive and direct. It reflects our programming as we suppose to be a Lady and to be nice. I am not saying that men are free from having these challenges. In fact, codependent women marry codependent men. A recipe to experience hell.

The list of codependent traits or characteristics is very long. I can only briefly mention here.

Caretaking – thinking and feeling responsible for other people and attempting to fix and solve others problems.

Controling- trying to control events and people through helplessness, guilt, shame, coercion, advice-giving, manipulation, or domination.

Denail-

Dependency- looking outside of themselves for happiness, desperately seeking love and approval, staying in relationships or friendships that don’t work.

Poor communication- blame, coerce, beg, bribe, advise. They don’t say what they mean, don’t mean what they say, and they don’t know what they mean.

Weak boundaries-

Lack of trust- don’t trust themselves, their feelings, decisions, and other people.

Anger- feel scared, hurt and angry, afraid of their own anger as well as anger of others, repress their anger, feel controlled by the other people’s anger.

Codependents tend to be extremely responsible or extremely irresponsible. They become martyrs, sacrificing their happiness, finding it difficult to feel close to people, difficulties having fun and being spontaneous. They oscillate between passive and aggressive behaviors.
    The good news is that codependent behavior can be changed if we are willing to do so.

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:44 am

Hello again starninja
    i remember you saying a while back you had little knowledge of my next investigation, into ayahausca and work with the shamans. I have been reading and watching a lot about this subject recently and every so often this thread popped into my mind, so i thought I would reply.

It could be that I am about to embark on something that would be of interest to you, though I guess we would be entering the subject from different perspectives.

There are many forms of shamanism but one branch concerns energy healing. The shamans say that you must heal the energy body (the emotional body often) before the body can heal, in this sense the shamans are ancient light healers. Much of the work centres around awareness of and working with the emotional and other light bodies.

In this sense what you learned in eastern philosophies will put you in good stead. I have an understanding of these bodies from my yogic studies, although I also rely heavily on Barbara Ann Brennans 2 books on her healing work.

Maybe you would be interested in looking further into this healing work, as it seems to tie in with what you are looking for on an emotional level. Several of my friends have trained with Alberto Villoldo at the 4winds society, doesnt appeal to me for many reasons, but is a way in for many.

Last edited by Vidya Moksha on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    ------------------------
    I would also add, at the end of our lives (and many cultures as well as NDE and astral travellers have reported) we review ALL emotionally charged incidents in our life, and we experience it from our view and from the view of the person we made happy or sad... the lesson in this life is to live impecably, do no harm, live with awareness and kindness to all living things (and the shamans say everything is alive).. we muct cleanse ourselves so that the river is clean when it reaches the sea (ie we leave this body and journey onwards)
    starninja
    starninja
    Inactive

Post  starninja Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Vidya Moksha,

I will be very interested to hear about your experience with ayahausca. I didn’t know that ayahausca is a shamanic way. I read about shamanic healing but it didn’t feel right for me. Secondly, one of my professors I highly respect was trained by a shaman for 12 years. He is one of the most brilliant mind I have ever met. He is a psychologist with very open mind who explored many venues of healing. He shared his experience with shamanic healing and he warned us not to go there. I trust him.
    I agree that we need to heal emotional body to heal our physical body. I stay with Western body oriented approach to healing such as bioenergetics, biodynamic, Hakomi, or expressive therapies. These methods when used by well trained therapist are very powerful and very safe. There are many other methods to help healing. For example, Rolfing helps release suppressed feelings and emotions.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:00 pm

It is an interesting conundrum...if we want to empower ourself we need to stand alone? I think yes, because within we have all that we need to "know ourselves" and knowing is the first step to healing

I had a friend that was very much into ayahuasca and she died of liver complications...her case is not unique. The problem seems to be that we westerners are bypassing the dedicated training that shamans have, they start at a very early age...also it is BIG business now so, many "shamans" are not real ones

What I have tried is the chocolate (raw) one and I think it is safer, and whilst it does not produce the same DMT effects it does bring forth the emotional understanding that is required to grow and heal. A plus is that is safe and has no side effects if taken in moderation

Rather than having the occasional experience the cacao ceremony can be made every week and hence a new level of emotional understanding can be reached. It is empowering beacause each person can become their own shaman in a safe way

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:47 pm