tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Your Inner Child

Brook
    Brook

Your Inner Child Empty Your Inner Child

Post  Brook Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:26 am

Good Morning!  Brook

Wow...what a great week I've had.  Got to mince words with a resident Alien who insisted on getting the point across.  Which was tantamount to the legacy of a dead end thread.  

I wanted to share this with great sincerity for the members here.  Come on now...you must remember all the great hours we had discovering.

Well I'm sure you remember how much I used to speak of Burningman.  Me the Misfit mom and all.

Well last year they had this powerful piece of artwork I'd like to share and start a thread for several reasons.  The least of which is the bubblegum factory of belief and bending of reason.

~

It’s a beautiful work that serves as a testament to how children, despite being relationally immature, are far better at forgiving, and far less inclined to hold lasting grudges. It’s in their nature to make peace. It should be in ours too.

Your Inner Child 113

While the Burning Man probably hasn’t garnered the greatest reputation in recent years, with several tragedies occurring on its grounds, it still has its redeeming qualities.

Easily one of the most inspiring parts of the iconic festival is its display of artistic expression. Sculptures, paintings, exhibits, choreographed performance – all are present. And each year, the collection is awe inspiring. Well this year, there was one in particular that captivated attendees, and it’s no mystery why.

Made by Ukrainian sculptor Alexander Milov, the sculpture called “Love” features two wire-frame adults sitting back to back, visibly at odds with each other…

The other portion of the piece depicts two children inside the adults, reaching out to each other in a desire for resolution.

Your Inner Child 35700d2177887f763e55f895e6670e8f

Milov had this to say about the poignant sculpture on Burning Man’s website, “It demonstrates a conflict between a man and a woman as well as the outer and inner expression of human nature. Their inner selves are executed in the form of transparent children, who are holding out their hands through the grating.”

At night the children light up, making for an even more captivating depiction. But as you could imagine, there’s significance to that as well.

Your Inner Child 80f320903b2ae1670da47e5e74228162

“As it’s getting dark (night falls) the children chart to shine. This shining is a symbol of purity and sincerity that brings people together and gives a chance of making up when the dark time arrives.”

How true it is in the human nature eh?  That inner child screaming to get out all the while striving to be adult.

Ahhhh yes that inner child!  Remember when you were a child?  The games you liked to play?  Most usually those games has some meaning toward your past life experience.  You were more open to the experience as a child.  Through the development of genetic repose...soon most forget.  

I said most.  Many here still remember.  I like that.

I'm reminded of a song of course...you know I can't leave a post without one!

How's your inner child today?  Does it want to come out and play?  Are you going to let it?

Have a great day! And remember to try to walk a mile in someones shoes before you judge eh?

Brook
    Brook

Your Inner Child Empty Re: Your Inner Child

Post  Brook Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Hold Onto Your Inner Child

OMG! you should listen to this when you get some time. Given...

From the mouths of babes! Sync! Brook

Brook
    Brook

Your Inner Child Empty Re: Your Inner Child

Post  Brook Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Now....

Think I'm going to exercise my inner child

Pick up my Les Paul

Turn it WAY UP and

Play some Sandman....whoa the bogyman!

Bwahahhahaha Snap!

Later gator Bleh