tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Is Brook IP banned or not? (Attention Carol)

Raven
    Raven

Is Brook IP banned or not? (Attention Carol) Empty Is Brook IP banned or not? (Attention Carol)

Post  Raven Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Dear Carol,

This is an open letter to you and all misters. I received a query from Brook on fb about her status here at the mists, can you clarify? Is Brook truly IP banned or is it perhaps something to do with her end of things I wonder?

Brook wrote:Hi Raven! Listen I contacted Carol a few months ago about not being able to access the MOA. I keep getting server not found. I can google it and see the link is valid...but when I hit the link it says "server not found". IT appears that my IP had been blocked somehow? Could you raise this with forum in the open and see if anything can be rectified? I'd like to at least read and occasionally post there. Thanks in advance! Brook

I suggested to her to clear her browser history and see if this doesn't help. If anyone has other suggestions that can help Brook, please share them here. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Raven
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Is Brook IP banned or not? (Attention Carol) Empty Re: Is Brook IP banned or not? (Attention Carol)

Post  Carol Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:20 pm

No.. she had a different email address down then the one she was using. I just fixed it for her.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Raven
    Raven

Is Brook IP banned or not? (Attention Carol) Empty Re: Is Brook IP banned or not? (Attention Carol)

Post  Raven Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:23 pm

Thanks Carol. I passed the message onto Brook. Hopefully this works for her.
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi Raven,

Something very odd and I'll tell you all about it after I get home from work.
    Can't do much typing with my cell phone right now

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:30 pm

I'd love to hear from Brook -- Lionhawk -- Mercuriel -- Tone3Jaguar -- TimetoTelltheWorld -- Humble Janitor -- Anchor -- Bill -- Kerry -- et al. but I'm always afraid to ask what they're doing. BTW -- I have to access this site via www.mistsofavalon.heavenforum.org -- because I get "cannot display" messages when I use www.themistsofavalon.net . Must be the government!!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:52 pm

You might be right on target Oxy. I think something very weird happened as well as Mercurial had our server located outside of the US to protect us and last I looked it had been switched over to Texas.

I have no clue where Mercurial is other then hiding out in the woods for the summer somewhere deep in Canada.

Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Thank you Raven!

Finally home and can type.

So here is what happened. I've been trying to view the site for several months and could not. As I said in the OP I could see the vaild link on google to the Mists but could not get anything but server not found.

I contacted a few of you and Mudra gave me the new link. So the question is..what happened to the old link that still pops up on google?

Then when I found it I tried to log on and my password was changed. I've been using the same password like forever and it didn't work. So I hit the forgot my password link and it said it did not recognize my email? Another curious thing. My password was not valid and my email which is the only one I've ever used is changed?

Curious indeed? I've never had any other email address.....

But anyway I'm on and will save the the new web address and get my password saved...again.

Thanks to everyone who assisted me on this becasue I was quite stunned that I could not get access. But I know it was still here.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Brook, I do know that the email address that you contacted me directly with was not the email address in your profile. Odd that we've all had problems since this weird stuff started happening in trying to log in for months now and our server provider somehow ended up in Texas.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:09 pm