tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Huge Swath of Amazon saved!

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Huge Swath of Amazon saved! Empty Huge Swath of Amazon saved!

Post  Sanicle Wed May 28, 2014 11:22 am

cheers  cheers  cheers 

On May 21, the Brazilian government, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and partners announced the creation of a $215 million fund to ensure long-term protection of the world's largest network of protected areas — 150 million acres of the Brazilian Amazon rainforest.

It's not often as conservationists that we get to celebrate such a big win.

I've been working in the Amazon for 25 years — originally studying the ecology and behavior of spider monkeys — but not until today have I been able to claim such a huge victory for a place I care so much about.

It's a headline-making conservation story and truly deserving of international attention: 150 million protected acres, the largest tropical forest conservation project in the world, global ecological impact.

Thanks to an innovative long-term financing model, 150 million acres will be protected permanently, which amounts to fifteen percent of the Brazilian Amazon. That's equivalent to three times the size of all U.S. national parks combined.

Continue reading --- http://www.livescience.com/45865-amazon-swath-preserved-in-huge-partnership.html
    mudra
    mudra

Huge Swath of Amazon saved! Empty Re: Huge Swath of Amazon saved!

Post  mudra Wed May 28, 2014 2:39 pm

Awesome  cheers Thubs Up Thubs Up Harp 

Hugs 

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 pm