tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Live without oxygen!

devakas
    devakas

Live without oxygen! Empty Live without oxygen!

Post  devakas Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 am

WOW! This is very exciting!

Scientists discovered new life forms that do not need Oxygen.
    This suggests that live is possible on other planets and the oxygen rich atmosphere is not required.
    This means that very different life could develop elsewhere...other planets, cosmos, inner earth...

Oxygen rich atmosphere is pointless when thinking or looking for life off planet or inside planet.. wow..

source
    http://www.physorg.com/news189836027.html

I love this story. I don't intend to start a religious debate, but I often hear creationists state "what are the odds that everything would be so finely tuned that everything would end up like this"(referring to life as we know it). I think the best reply is "who said it had to be like this". We constantly see that the universe can take a seemingly infinite number of paths and we are only one. We need to broaden our minds as to what is alive and what intelligence is. I wonder if artificial intelligence will ever become sentient as we define it?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Live without oxygen! Empty Re: Live without oxygen!

Post  Carol Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:37 am

I've often thought that every aspect of the multi-verse is perfect and that as we personally and collectively evolve we come to that realization.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Live without oxygen! Empty Re: Live without oxygen!

Post  Carol Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 am

cheers

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:55 pm