tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
Sanicle
orthodoxymoron
6 posters

Bible-Thumping!!

magamud
    magamud

Bible-Thumping!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bible-Thumping!!

Post  magamud Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:36 am

Bible-Thumping!! - Page 3 0_Amiens_-_Cathédrale_Notre-Dame_%281%29

Bible-Thumping!! - Page 3 Amiens_Cathedral_choir_Wikimedia_Commons

Bible-Thumping!! - Page 3 ND_Amiens_Gargouilles_20

Bible-Thumping!! - Page 3 Amiens_iluminacion_fachada_catedral

And to think of all the servants of God through this timeline.  Glory indeed.  And most think it was in vain...

Even if you think mental projection is folly.  What of its energy?  This is another tell of the connection of consciousness and matter.

Whose world do you belong with?

Bible-Thumping!! - Page 3 Amiens_west_entrance_martyrs
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:30 pm

My Final Bible presently consists of the following 16 KJV books:

1. Job.
    2. Psalms.
    3. Proverbs.
    4. Ecclesiastes.
    5. Song of Songs.
    6. Isaiah.
    7. Jeremiah.
    8. Lamentations.
    9. Luke.
    10. John.
    11. Acts.
    12. Romans.
    13. I Corinthians.
    14. II Corinthians.
    15. Galatians.
    16. Hebrews.

If I were starting a church (which I won't do) I might make these books the doctrinal statement of fundamental beliefs. Whole-Bible Churches all seem to have Doctrinal-Statements and Proof-Texts -- and I simply choose to rely upon Proof-Chapters!! Try reading these 16 books straight-through (over and over and over again)!! I might attempt to make this the glue which holds this thread together!! Good-Luck with That One!! Right??!!
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

Bible-Thumping!! - Page 3 Empty Love Impressions from Hyperspace Time

Post  Aquaries1111 Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:09 pm

quote="orthodoxymoron"]My Final Bible presently consists of the following 16 KJV books:

1. Job.
    2. Psalms.
    3. Proverbs.
    4. Ecclesiastes.
    5. Song of Songs.
    6. Isaiah.
    7. Jeremiah.
    8. Lamentations.
    9. Luke.
    10. John.
    11. Acts.
    12. Romans.
    13. I Corinthians.
    14. II Corinthians.
    15. Galatians.
    16. Hebrews.

If I were starting a church (which I won't do) I might make these books the doctrinal statement of fundamental beliefs. Whole-Bible Churches all seem to have Doctrinal-Statements and Proof-Texts -- and I simply choose to rely upon Proof-Chapters!! Try reading these 16 books straight-through (over and over and over again)!! I might attempt to make this the glue which holds this thread together!! Good-Luck with That One!! Right??!![/quote]

Hi Oxy.. Some old juice fermented and ripe for the drinking now.. Enjoy.. We do.

http://www.thuban.spruz.com/forums/?page=post&id=198F0EDB-5E5F-4687-AE92-425FE34EC11E&lastp=1

oh p.s. We miss Brook and SiriArc.. Their silence is screeching.. "Hello".. You had me at "Hello"...

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:14 am

Thank-you A1. I'm a casual-observer of the Thuban-Phenomenon -- and it is on a very different wavelength than that in which I reside. I'll keep watching. BTW -- How much of the Torah is found in those 16 Books of the Bible (8 Old-Testament and 8 New-Testament)?? Imagine a Heavily-Edited 1928 Book of Common Prayer with those 16 Books printed in their entirety (instead of just the Psalms)!! Which portions of the Torah apply to both Jews and Gentiles in Modernity??
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Bible-Thumping!! - Page 3 Empty Did historical Jesus really exist? The evidence just doesn’t add up.

Post  enemyofNWO Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:49 am

I found this article and I thought of you . It will make you think ..... more ... and more

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/18/did-historical-jesus-exist-the-traditional-evidence-doesnt-hold-up/

SNIP
    "Did a man called Jesus of Nazareth walk the earth? Discussions over whether the figure known as the “Historical Jesus” actually existed primarily reflect disagreements among atheists. Believers, who uphold the implausible and more easily-dismissed “Christ of Faith” (the divine Jesus who walked on water), ought not to get involved.
    Numerous secular scholars have presented their own versions of the so-called “Historical Jesus” – and most of them are, as biblical scholar J.D. Crossan puts it, “an academic embarrassment.” From Crossan’s view of Jesus as the wise sage, to Robert Eisenman’s Jesus the revolutionary, and Bart Ehrman’s apocalyptic prophet, about the only thing New Testament scholars seem to agree on is Jesus’ historical existence. But can even that be questioned?

The first problem we encounter when trying to discover more about the Historical Jesus is the lack of early sources. The earliest sources only reference the clearly fictional Christ of Faith. These early sources, compiled decades after the alleged events, all stem from Christian authors eager to promote Christianity – which gives us reason to question them. The authors of the Gospels fail to name themselves, describe their qualifications, or show any criticism with their foundational sources – which they also fail to identify. Filled with mythical and non-historical information, and heavily edited over time, the Gospels certainly should not convince critics to trust even the more mundane claims made therein.

The methods traditionally used to tease out rare nuggets of truth from the Gospels are dubious. The criterion of embarrassment says that if a section would be embarrassing for the author, it is more likely authentic. Unfortunately, given the diverse nature of Christianity and Judaism back then (things have not changed all that much), and the anonymity of the authors, it is impossible to determine what truly would be embarrassing or counter-intuitive, let alone if that might not serve some evangelistic purpose.

The criterion of Aramaic context is similarly unhelpful. Jesus and his closest followers were surely not the only Aramaic-speakers in first-century Judea. The criterion of multiple independent attestation can also hardly be used properly here, given that the sources clearly are not independent.

Paul’s Epistles, written earlier than the Gospels, give us no reason to dogmatically declare Jesus must have existed. Avoiding Jesus’ earthly events and teachings, even when the latter could have bolstered his own claims, Paul only describes his “Heavenly Jesus.” Even when discussing what appear to be the resurrection and the last supper, his only stated sources are his direct revelations from the Lord, and his indirect revelations from the Old Testament. In fact, Paul actually rules out human sources (see Galatians 1:11-12). "

continues at the link above
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Thank-you enemyofNWO. I think there are things which go "bump" in the night. I also think there are gods and goddesses who struggle for power. I'm not sure about a really big "G" God of the Universe. I think they might really exist -- but I wonder if we would really like them?! We all seem to want certainty -- and we seem to be all too willing to lie (and even kill) to attain some temporary illusion of "certainty". I've been suggesting reading Job through Romans in the King James Version of the Holy Bible (straight-through -- over and over) as a mental and spiritual exercise -- regardless of how much of it is true (or isn't true). The Inter-Testament Period and the New Testament often seem to be some sort of a take-over or regime-change (for better or worse -- I know not). All I know is that Historical Politics and Religion are a Goddamn-Mess -- and I doubt that the Info-War will result in everyone holding-hands and singing "Kumbaya" unless the Winner forces all-concerned to do so...
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:08 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:Thank-you enemyofNWO. I think there are things which go "bump" in the night. I also think there are gods and goddesses who struggle for power. I'm not sure about a really big "G" God of the Universe. I think they might really exist -- but I wonder if we would really like them?! We all seem to want certainty -- and we seem to be all too willing to lie (and even kill) to attain some temporary illusion of "certainty". I've been suggesting reading Job through Romans in the King James Version of the Holy Bible (straight-through -- over and over) as a mental and spiritual exercise -- regardless of how much of it is true (or isn't true). The Inter-Testament Period and the New Testament often seem to be some sort of a take-over or regime-change (for better or worse -- I know not). All I know is that Historical Politics and Religion are a Goddamn-Mess -- and I doubt that the Info-War will result in everyone holding-hands and singing "Kumbaya" unless the Winner forces all-concerned to do so...

I will tell you what I thing of God. I am not a christian and simply I don't believe in it . But what I think god is : He/She is  the life force the permeates the universe and makes the little seeds sprouts and the flowers blossom .
    I do not think of this life force as an old man with the long heirs and the beard or an old woman . I think that a lot of believers will be disappointed if what I say is true . We have the wrong idea about a God because of our past .
    You see , we had " Gods and Goddesses living in our midst three of four thousand years ago . They were just aliens the looked like us and were much more advanced than we humans . We , in our ignorance , believed them to be gods . But the gods and goddesses were fighting amongst each other and eventually the fights culminated in a world war and nuclear missiles obliterated most of the fighters and the remaining ones were recalled from the planet they came from  ...... Nibiru ?
    Be well

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_ancient_atomic.htm
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:17 pm

eNWO, I agree with a lot of what you said -- but I think all of us might be "aliens" -- and I also think the "gods and goddesses" are still here (and still fighting). Supposedly, they stop fighting on Christmas Day!! I'm not kidding!! We might be horrified by what we looked-like in antiquity -- and we might be even more horrified by what the "gods and goddesses" really look-like (when not in human-form). That "Mean Old Man" God might be a lot nicer than the "Real God" (at least toward 'fallen sinful humanity'). BTW -- I recently overheard a conversation which involved things I had posted on this site (which basically identified me) -- and a movie I had just privately viewed in my home. How did they know?? That wasn't the first time something like that has happened to me. I don't relate the half of what happens to me. It's really quite unnerving, to say the least.
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:25 am

Ortho ,

quote “ I recently overheard a conversation which involved things I had posted on this site (which basically identified me) -- and a movie I had just privately viewed in my home. How did they know?? That wasn't the first time something like that has happened to me. I don't relate the half of what happens to me. It's really quite unnerving, to say the least. “

I have to tell you one of my experiences . About a year ago , my wife and I were visiting a country town about 80 Km from here . We entered a restaurant and we sat down near a fire place . There was another table nearby and other twenty tables in the rest of the restaurant . We ordered from the menu and within a few minute a couple entered the restaurant and proceeded to sit near the fireplace , next to us . The man started talking not very loudly but with enough volume so we could hear him . He was relating my life story , to the lady near him , and then it was the turn of the lady to relate to him my wife’s story .
    This operation was designed to spook us and make us fearful.
    Wherever we go , we are still followed by the morons from the secret services and now we have plenty of experience on how to identify them . All together between Italy and Australia we have been monitored for over 20 Years and my wife much longer than that , probably from birth !
    So Ortho , Are you sure that you are not monitored by the government’s inbecilles ?
    I have to tell you that often people might suffer from persistent bad luck in their llife , but that is not so , Somebody manipulates things and people connected . Today it takes nothing to appear on the horizon of those parasites . We know that we ( my wife and I ) have upset the apple cart in Australia , revealing that the former Chief Justice of the Hight Court has a fake family background . That would not have happened if the relative of my wife had been honest and told the truth about her adoption . Despite the following and monitoring by the spooks we live a decent life , It could be better but it is still OK .
    I believe in the Chinese proverb “ If you sit long enough on the bank on the river , you will see the bodies of your enemies floating by “ .
    I don’t have to do anything , things will fix themselves .
    I intend to wait and see the bodies of my enemies floating by and I will
    rejoice then , because I suffer from chronic Schadenfreude ( find pleasurable the distress and the disgrace of others especially Illuminati ) !
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:50 am

That was creepy!! I suspect that everyone is monitored and controlled in various ways. I suspect that "they" are into everything -- and that they control all sides and factions. I wonder every day if I am somehow "helping" the dark-side, even though I'm trying to do the right-thing (in a round about way)?! If I were really hurting "them" I'm sure "they" could make short-work of me (and I would no longer be a problem to anyone). "They" probably know more about us than we know about ourselves. My "life-story" isn't anything to be proud-of (even though I haven't done anything particularly "bad"). "They" could make me look quite "bad" without really trying. On the other hand, "they" can make the "worst of the worst" look like saints. It seems as if "they" can do whatever the hell "they" want to do. Santa = Satan?? Christmas = Christ-Mass = Human-Sacrifice of Jesus-Christ??

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:22 am