tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Navy SEALs 'make James Bond look like a wimp'

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Navy SEALs 'make James Bond look like a wimp' Empty Navy SEALs 'make James Bond look like a wimp'

Post  Carol Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:30 am

Navy SEALs 'make James Bond look like a wimp' 130424_seals_flying%20hummvee.photoblog600
    A flying HUMMVEE is just one of many projects in development by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
    It is featured in a chapter on the "Future of U.S. Naval Special Warfare" in a new book on the Navy SEALs by Greg Mathieson.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/27/17899535-navy-seals-make-james-bond-look-like-a-wimp?lite
    Navy SEALs 'make James Bond look like a wimp'
    Go Navy!
    “Most of us who were career SEALs had the sense we didn’t need publicity,” said Jack Saunders, who was a U.S. Navy SEAL from 1965 to 1986. To this day, those who were there at the beginning wish the SEALs were still a secret. Mathieson has spent the last six years photographing and researching the SEALs. He recently published a definitive book on the SEALS with David Gatley titled, “United States Naval Special Warfare/U.S. Navy SEALs.” “I was able to go into their arms rooms. I saw all their toys. It’s like I walked into Q’s lab in a James Bond movie.” I tried to start this [project] 30 years ago when I was in Honduras and I met a SEAL. I wrote a letter to Adm. George Worthington back then and was denied complete access. Fast forward and Adm. Worthington had retired, but we had stayed in touch. He opened doors because he saw this was a story that really should be told and with that, I had access.” “I would run into SEALs everywhere I went, but no one really knew what they did. There are only 2,400 SEALs today. Back then, it was even smaller. I just wanted to know more. These guys make James Bond look like a wimp. Who wouldn’t want to know more?”

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:15 am