tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+4
enemyofNWO
hippihillbobbi
TRANCOSO
Floyd
8 posters

World Cup Thread

Floyd
    Floyd

World Cup Thread Empty World Cup Thread

Post  Floyd Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:49 am

Well England drew with our American cousins last night. I had a few cold ones in the fridge and enjoyed the game. It was good to see our captain and fellow Liverpudlian score after 4 mins but as I expected the US put up a decent fight and got lucky with their equalizer.
    Not sure why Milner played and Wright Phillips and Heskey both missed sitters. Really we should have won comfortably but there you go. We need to do better and im sure we will. I see the US as qualifying too from this group.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

World Cup Thread Empty Re: World Cup Thread

Post  TRANCOSO Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:31 am

Heskey!
    World Cup Thread 164548
    Your team has a coach that puts his money on ... Heskey!!!

Floyd, did it already occur to you that an Italian will never ever make England win the world cup!

It's a conspiracy!
    World Cup Thread 439414 World Cup Thread 164548
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:47 am

TRANCOSO wrote:Heskey!
    World Cup Thread 164548
    Your team has a coach that puts his money on ... Heskey!!!

Floyd, did it already occur to you that an Italian will never ever make England win the world cup!

It's a conspiracy!
    World Cup Thread 439414 World Cup Thread 164548

In fairness, Heskey played well last night. He missed an absolute sitter though. The Copello Conspiracy lol.
    Its not so much a conspiracy more that we are crap sometimes.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:48 am

I've put 100 euros on Holland, Argentina & Germany.

A 100 on Holland, because I'm Dutch, a 100 on Argentina because I think they will be the 2010 World Champions & a 100 euros on Germany, because I'd love to pay 100 euros to see those Krauts NOT winning in the end, & if they do I'll make 900 euros, which should be more than enough to drown in alcohol, to make me forget the whole tournament in a split second.

This is what I call a Win-Win-Win situation.

Wait, you'll say, what if neither of those teams will win?

Well, I borrowed 300 euros from somebody I'm not gonna pay back anyway!
    Call it a payback!
    World Cup Thread Lol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:54 am

Argentina may be a good bet though Maradona is a nutter. I remember living in Koln during euro 96 when the Germans won. What a nightmare that was. The place went nuts at night though I was bought a few drinks by some nice germans. Not because I was English but beacause I was from Liverpool.
    Buy me a drink with your winnings. It could be though that a giant mothership from the Planet Zarg may land on the pitch during the final and zap all the players rendering all bets null and void!
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:01 am

I'm gonna borrow 100 euros more to put on Planet Zarg's mothership!
    Mind you at odds of 100.000 to 1!!!

And if I remember well, Admiral Swanny has a very - as in VERY - intimate relationship with Queen Gvyfyfvg of Zarg!

Garcon!!! Champagne!!!
    World Cup Thread 425557 World Cup Thread 439414
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 am

I do enjoy the world cup..not only for the football. its a spectacle of colour and diversity. a symbol of hope for humanity. Thats when there is no drunken violence off course. South Africa are doing a good job. To showcase what they can do after years of oppression by the white supremisits is marvelous..good luck to them.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:31 am

Lets face it. England are crap. In trouble now. Gotta hand it to The Argies as they actually play the game. Good luck to them
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:09 pm

The FA should introduce a new rule, that their should be at all times, at least 4 or 5 British players of each team on the pitch. That way there will be a new generation of players fit for the national team, who can actually compete with ... well, 'us' - the Dutch - for example.

A few months ago I saw a Premier League game where only 2 of the 22 players had a British passport.

World Cup Thread 216239 World Cup Thread 164548
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

Post  hippihillbobbi Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:56 pm

What about the USAians??? don't ya'll think WE'RE interesting to talk about at all?!? what about thatreferee (umpire? whatever) who simply decided he didn't want the USA to win and so arbitrarily nullified that last goal?!?! either someone payed him NOT to let the usa win ..... or he simply hates the American team ..... otherwise, i can't make ANY sense a'tallout of his refereeing during that game. (has he been reviewed and penalized yet?!)

well, this is the first time i've EVER posted about soccer OOOPPSS football (though i probably HAVE posted sometime about american football! LOL). so now i really DO feel like part of the "Universal Brother/Sister-Hood!!! FINALLY! World Cup Thread 67677

love,
    bobbi
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:53 pm

hippihillbobbi wrote:What about the USAians??? don't ya'll think WE'RE interesting to talk about at all?!? what about thatreferee (umpire? whatever) who simply decided he didn't want the USA to win and so arbitrarily nullified that last goal?!?! either someone payed him NOT to let the usa win ..... or he simply hates the American team ..... otherwise, i can't make ANY sense a'tallout of his refereeing during that game. (has he been reviewed and penalized yet?!)
    The referee has been reviewed & penalized indeed.
    He has been executed that same day.
    World Cup Thread Icon_cheers
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:15 am

I am glad that punters here are not resorting to " Black magic " to try to predict the soccer game results . Some people in South Africa smoke the brains of voltures !

" 2010 World Cup Good Luck Charm: Smoking Vulture Brains "

"Soccer gamblers threaten vultures
    Written by The Zimbabwean
    Friday, 11 June 2010 12:41
    One of Africa's largest birds of prey is being threatened by gamblers who believe smoking its brains gives them powers to predict World Cup results.
    Mark Anderson, of BirdLife South Africa, said he feared that belief in 'muti' magic would accelerate the decline in rare Cape vultures, reports the Daily Telegraph. "Many vulture species across the world are in trouble. Our own species in southern Africa is declining sharply for a number of reasons, including reduced food availability, deliberate poisoning and electrocution from electricity pylons.
    "The harvesting of the birds' heads by followers of muti magic is an additional threat these birds can't endure."
    Steve McKean, from the KwaZulu-Natal Wildlife group, has been studying the impact of muti on the vultures. He said: "Our research suggests that killing of vultures for so-called traditional use could render the Cape vulture extinct in some parts of South Africa within half a century. "In the worst case, the Cape vulture could be suffering population collapse within 12 years."

http://www.thezimbabwean.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31752:soccer-gamblers-threaten-vultures&catid=27:sports-news&Itemid=35

http://www.disinfo.com/2010/06/2010-world-cup-good-luck-charm-smoking-vulture-brains/
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

Post  hippihillbobbi Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:16 am

TRANCOSO wrote:
    hippihillbobbi wrote:What about the USAians??? don't ya'll think WE'RE interesting to talk about at all?!? what about thatreferee (umpire? whatever) who simply decided he didn't want the USA to win and so arbitrarily nullified that last goal?!?! either someone payed him NOT to let the usa win ..... or he simply hates the American team ..... otherwise, i can't make ANY sense a'tallout of his refereeing during that game. (has he been reviewed and penalized yet?!)

The referee has been reviewed & penalized indeed.
    He has been executed that same day.
    World Cup Thread Icon_cheers

thank you, Trancoso. though i'm usually a pro-lifer, in such dire circumstances as these ..... i do believe the death penalty is warranted! on behalf of me and my fellow USAians, thank you, Trancoso, for your obvious sympathy with our sad plight! World Cup Thread 216239

love,
    hippi
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

Post  hippihillbobbi Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:57 am

i'm watching USA-Algeria LIVE right now, and WE JUST WON THE DAMN GAME!!! World Cup Thread 720241

OMG ..... the announcer just SAID IT: "Joy Unconfined!" we may be greedy consumers who pollute the world's oceans and wantonly start wars over oil ..... but we have FINALLY LEARNED TO PLAY SOCCER! the WORLD HAS TO RESPECT US NOW!!! World Cup Thread 75211

much love to all my Non-USAian Bros & Sistas!

hippi nanna
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:00 am

World Cup Thread 439414 World Cup Thread 374937 World Cup Thread 67677

Good luck!
    World Cup Thread 164548
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

Post  hippihillbobbi Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Thank you, Trancoso--

what a GENTLEMAN and a GOOD SPORT you are! are the DUTCH still in?? i really haven't followed it all that closely .... even forgot the Americans were playing today till 60 minutes in! SO GLAD i saw them make that goal!!! i was SO excited! it was just like Floyd said ..... i felt a lot more a PART of the WORLD community after winning that game ..... isn't that HILARIOUS?!

btw, Tran-Man ..... i hope you're helping me PRAY FOR THE SOUL of the executed referee ..... maybe he'll come back in his NEXT LIFE as an American Soccer Player! World Cup Thread Lol

love forever,
    hippibobbi
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:21 pm

I thought the Yankees did pretty well to top the group. They have a lotta fight in em. Could be as there is less pressure on back home as it isnt thier major sport. still they did well. England will pick up as they go along. Argentina have caught my eye but they have had an easy ride. As for the Germans...I tipped Holland to be the dark horses
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

Post  hippihillbobbi Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Floyd--

i'm SURE you're RIGHT about less pressure on the USA World Cup team ..... after all ..... it's not the frickin SUPER BOWL or anything, right?!?! but i tell you WHAT ..... now that we've gotten THIS far this year ..... we might star seeing more SUPPORT from the U.S. public for this sport here ..... which will, of course, translate into more PRESSURE from the home fans eventually. TOO BAD the athletes have to contend with this psychological factor as well as everything ELSE they have to WORRY about.

oh well ..... i've had FUN so FAR ..... but i seriously doubt we'll go "all the way" or anything. i'm just THRILLED not to have DISGRACED ourselves TOO badly on the world stage ..... at least NOT YET! (poor French!)

thanks for "talking football" with the NOVICE here, Floyd ..... you're a PEACH (and Tran is TOO, of course)!

love to ya'll
    hippibobbi

p.s. are the "Dutch" the only "Germans" left in the tournament??? (i didn't even realize dutch were categorized as germans.....dumb american here!) or am i totally MISUNDERSTANDING you ?! [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img]
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:05 pm

hippihillbobbi wrote:p.s. are the "Dutch" the only "Germans" left in the tournament??? (i didn't even realize dutch were categorized as germans.....dumb american here!) or am i totally MISUNDERSTANDING you ?! World Cup Thread Icon_redface
    Dear Hippi, never ever categorize Dutch as Germans!!! That's about the biggest insult you can throw at us! We HATE the Germans! (Our country has been occupied by the nazis for 5 years in WWII.)
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:11 pm

The dutch bit was meant as a seperate bit to the german bit me deaer bobbi. The germans in Holland go down like a pork chop in a jewish wedding so I hear!
    Old habbits die hard in Europe
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:58 pm

Floyd wrote:The dutch bit was meant as a seperate bit to the german bit me deaer bobbi. The germans in Holland go down like a pork chop in a jewish wedding so I hear!
    Old habbits die hard in Europe
    They do. Not only in Europe though. Even within our country's borders, there's a difference between those who live in the provinces near the Belgium & German border (Brabant & Limburg), & those who live in the western & northern parts of Holland. And no matter how hard I try...

No, wait, I don't even try to feel any unity with those Brabo's & Limbo's. It's a complete waste of energy. World Cup Thread 21327

Anyway, I don't think one has to get along with every one. There are people you immediatly like & feel 'connected' to, & others who are not your cup of tea at all.

Argentina have caught my eye but they have had an easy ride.
    How about the Brazilians? They were playing really well against Ivory Coast.

By the way, congrets! England has made it to the next round. (Never understood why Defoe wasn't plaing in the first place.)
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Defoe has spent the entire season scoring goals. and Guess waht..he scored. Why he wasnt played before I dont know.
    Its gonna be an interesting one one from here out man.
    hippihillbobbi
    hippihillbobbi

World Cup Thread Empty Trancoso & Floyd

Post  hippihillbobbi Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:13 am

TRANCOSO wrote:
    hippihillbobbi wrote:p.s. are the "Dutch" the only "Germans" left in the tournament??? (i didn't even realize dutch were categorized as germans.....dumb american here!) or am i totally MISUNDERSTANDING you ?! World Cup Thread Icon_redface
    Dear Hippi, never ever categorize Dutch as Germans!!! That's about the biggest insult you can throw at us! We HATE the Germans! (Our country has been occupied by the nazis for 5 years in WWII.)

SO SORRY about the politically incorrect "faux pas," guys ..... definitely didn't mean any OFFENSE to either Holland OR Germany! OF COURSE i KNOW holland was occupied by the Nazis during WWII ..... just didn't "make the connection" in the context of the World Cup. SHOULDA KNOWN BETTER! sincerely apologize.

your red-faced Yank sister
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 am

World Cup Thread 374937
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:14 am

Wow!
    3 billion people saw how England was SCREWED by a (blind) refferee, his 2 linesmen & a 4th FIFA official. The latter has access to a monitor & is in direct contact with the ref, but... is not allowed to overrule his descisions!

The ball was clearly half a meter behind the line! It would have been 2-2.
    Instead it remained 2-1.

Later today Holland plays Slowacia. The refferee is a notorious (red & yellow) 'card player'.

By the way, the chairman of the FIFA commitee that descides which refferee is in charge of the matches is from Spain & the vice-chairman is Brazilian.

Honestly ...
    World Cup Thread 720241

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:03 pm