tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Your pipeline will never be built on our lands! !1st Nations!

JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Your pipeline will never be built on our lands! !1st Nations!  Empty Your pipeline will never be built on our lands! !1st Nations!

Post  JesterTerrestrial Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:23 am

Your pipeline will never be built on our lands! !1st Nations!  403781_465060196845902_839438589_n

Heiltsuk Nation ready for anything. Determined to protect Canada's western coastline.

"We're here to stay. We'll do anything that we need to, to protect our land and sea. And I can say that with the spirit of the nation." - Chief Councillor Marilyn Slett.

"People in this community of 1,500 say they have relied on the surrounding ocean passages since time before memory. Like many places in B.C., the coastal ecosystem provides Bella Bella with food, transportation, and jobs in fishing and tourism -- a way of life residents fear would be wiped out in an instant by a tanker spill." - Kai Nagata, The Tyee.

Coastal First Nation Pans Provincial Pipeline Stance:
    http://thetyee.ca/News/2012/07/23/Heiltsuk-On-Pipeline/

Photo source: http://www.calgaryherald.com/business/Opposition+against+pipeline+rise+poll/6377398/story.html

PIC Today we marched against #Enbridge in Prince George! Their pipeline will never be built in our lands.

Your pipeline will never be built on our lands! !1st Nations!  380767_345547262188806_907982522_n

Yinka Dene Alliance

PIC Today we marched against #Enbridge in Prince George! Their pipeline will never be built in our lands.
    Unlike · · Share · July 9 via mobile

You, Susan Lynne Schwenger and 460 others like this.
    386 shares
    Lydia Koot Way to go!
    July 9 at 11:13pm · Like
    Karen Tsang Thank you.
    July 9 at 11:35pm · Like
    Billious No Enbridge Dorklmundus Thank you.
    July 9 at 11:39pm · Like
    Marcy Marcy thank you
    July 9 at 11:47pm · Like
    Susanne Luzia Yea!!! Thanks!!
    July 9 at 11:57pm · Like
    Scott M Walters YEAH! Screw their pipeline! When I heard about their plan to build a pipeline under Prince George I was like you have to be kidding me??? After everything that has happened so far..really? Gulf of Mexico, Exxon Valdez, tankers sinking and leaking in the ocean. I think our waters have sustained enough damage for right now.
    July 10 at 12:10am · Edited · Like · 7
    Scott M Walters When's the next march, I'll come out from Chicago!
    July 10 at 12:12am · Like · 7
    A New Humanity Good man Scott, thanks for your support for what is right.
    July 10 at 12:36am · Like · 1
    Jimmy Jam I'll come out from Victoria, where and when is the next??
    July 10 at 12:52am · Like · 1
    Lee Mason I'm in Old Massett at the moment, the signage against Enbridge is phenominal, Enbridge is a dead project, done deal, over and out, bye bye Enbridge.
    July 10 at 1:05am · Like · 3
    Ken Mackie Thank you to our First Nations citizens for taking a strong stand against Enbridge. One only has to look up Enbridge in Wikipedia - Spills and Violations - to see why this pipeline must not be built. 804 spills since 1999 is enough evidence to demonstrate that this is not the company to build a pipeline through our province.
    July 10 at 2:14am · Like · 1
    Annette Witteman WOW-Thank you!
    July 10 at 2:22am · Like
    Lynda Clack I wish more nations would take up your stance. That pipeline will be going through lands of many nations and I hope they are listening to you. Thank you for doing this!
    July 10 at 3:27am · Like
    Jolan NoEnbridge Bailey Amazing.
    July 10 at 3:57am · Like
    Maria Cherry Sending Love and strength and I give thanks for your continued demonstration that our earth is the only home and should not be descerated, destroyed and scarred for the sake of $$$ .....
    July 10 at 4:36am · Like · 2
    Sugar Grant Haisla Nation is Against Embridge too :)
    July 10 at 7:14am · Like
    Heather Shand SOLIDARITY!
    July 10 at 7:40am · Like
    Carol Buckenham Wish I could be there helping to protest. Keep it up.
    July 10 at 8:16am · Like · 1
    Theresa Walker Way to go go Prince George!
    July 10 at 10:34am · Like
    Sandra Friedman Well done!
    July 10 at 11:24am · Like
    End the Nightmare - Stephen Harper Must Go Deborah Hersman, the chair of the NTSB, said [Enbridge's] "poor handling of [the] rupture reminds one of Keystone Kops."

She said the defect that led to the rupture of the pipeline was identified in 2005, but nothing was done to address the risk.
    July 10 at 12:39pm · Like · 3
    Rosemary Kilmer heard buffy ste-marie in courtney this weekend-had a great song about 'greedy guts' (which sounded better in cree) but the song was intense and the valley was ringing-we're behind you all the way! gunalcheesh
    July 10 at 1:24pm · Like · 2
    Lisa Gillette Keep up the good fight and call me when you need me !!
    July 10 at 2:19pm · Like
    Tress Backhouse hang in there!
    July 10 at 2:28pm · Like
    Susan Jung Keep up the fight
    July 10 at 3:33pm · Like
    Lizzy Levitt FIGHT THE FIGHT WORTH FIGHTING...THIS IS OUR LANDS ....LAND OUR ANCESTORS WeRE "GIVIN" By the government after the took it all away ..SO WHY CANT THEY JUST BACK OFF ...
    July 10 at 5:46pm · Like
    Lizzy Levitt Strength to you fighting All my relations
    July 10 at 5:47pm · Like
    Lenore Clemens Thank you!
    July 10 at 8:34pm · Like
    Marie Lloyd I was with the Yinka Dene inToronto and I am with them and their allies in spirit today.
    July 10 at 10:28pm · Like
    Mahara Allbrett It was beautiful to have you visit our territory for the signing of protect the Fraser River. Sleil Waututh Nation stands behind you. What we cannot do alone we can do together!!
    July 11 at 2:31am · Like
    Bruce Gordon ‎1975 is when I was last there...wishing I was with you right now as you march
    July 11 at 12:27pm · Like
    Shahadev Shrestha Nice Team look festival walk where is it..
    July 11 at 12:49pm · Like
    Adrian Kelly I was at a movie in Vernon last night and the only advertisement was one for Enbridge's Gateway pipeline and it got soundly booed. I support the first nations in their fight to protect the earth.
    July 11 at 4:11pm · Like · 2
    Louise Bourassa From Victoria, i am with you all the way
    July 11 at 7:33pm · Like · 1
    Rememberoursisterseverywhere Rose Thank you!
    July 11 at 10:43pm · Like · 1
    Katrin Kozevnikov MacLean I felt so honoured to be there with all the other protesting against this proposed parasitic pipeline.
    July 12 at 5:33am · Like · 1
    Frances Harrop Enbridge! Goodbye!
    July 13 at 10:33pm · Like · 1
    Catlin Landriault I will proudly walk with you in the next march!! Sending love and blessing to the First Nations citizens...stand stong!!
    July 15 at 3:13am · Like
    Mary Summers Masi cho!
    July 18 at 1:41am · Like
    No To Coke Monopoly On The U of S Campus Line In The Sand is a collaborative multimedia project by Tristan Becker, Tomas Borsa, and Skyler Flavelle which aims to convey the opinions and personal stories of residents along the route of the proposed Northern Gateway pipeline (from Edmonton to Kitimat). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnGltm1URMc Please like their page: https://www.facebook.com/lineinthesandproject
    Line In The Sand - Project Intro
    http://www.lineinthesand.ca/ https://www.facebook.com/lineinthesandproject Line I...See More
    July 18 at 2:37am · Like
    David Avramov בוקר עם מלא תשורות ומגיש לכם את מתנתי
    https://www.facebook.com/events/413600562023560/
    See Translation
    מיני סדנא - העצמת האינטליגנציה הרגשית לגברים בלבד - תרומה לקהילה
    Friday, July 20 at 3:00am at רחוב התמר 14 תל-מונד
    July 19 at 12:37am · Like
    Stephanie LaPointe Thank you!
    July 19 at 12:44am · Like
    Pat Maxwell SOLIDARITY to you all!! Keep fighting AND don't ever give up!!
    July 19 at 1:49am · Like
    Gary Bandzmer Who voted this so-called "prime minister" and his party of liars in, anyway?
    July 19 at 2:41am · Like
    Sharon French Nault Thank you !!!
    July 19 at 3:53am · Like
    Responsible Choice Thans for the inspiration. Good luck!
    July 19 at 6:24am · Like
    Ron Boudreau You bring hope back to Canadians who thought they lost it. Stand tall. Be proud.
    July 19 at 7:04am · Like
    Rejean Lalonde Cool, dont give up, stay strong and united, we are all with you
    July 19 at 7:15am · Like
    Lisa-Marie Serafin THANK YOU!!
    July 19 at 8:29am · Like
    David Payne I like there add asking, who would you rather buy oil from the middle east or Alberta? We won't even be buying that oil the chinese will. Also whatever you think of the sands, this pipeline will increase our price at the pumps. Bring the niose!
    July 19 at 8:45am · Like
    Kristofor Hughes Thanks for posting! I've re-shared this to Occupy Canada, we're slowly going bring democracy back to this nation.
    July 19 at 12:40pm · Like
    Thomas W. Velke YES!!!!
    July 20 at 8:19pm · Like
    Mary-Jane Rose ♥
    Sunday at 2:05am · Like
    Marilyn Maxwell Power to the People! Yes!
    Sunday at 7:02am · Like
    Craig Hubley ‎#NorthernHateway or #NorthernGHAteway
    17 hours ago · Like

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 am