tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

FAA grants experimental permit to Virgin Galactic

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

FAA grants experimental permit to Virgin Galactic Empty FAA grants experimental permit to Virgin Galactic

Post  Carol Wed May 30, 2012 11:44 pm

MOJAVE, Calif. (AP) -- Virgin Galactic says it expects to make rocket-powered test flights of its passenger spaceship later this year. More than 500 people including actor Ashton Kutcher have signed up with Virgin Galactic for a chance to experience weightlessness during suborbital flights. Virgin Galactic and Mojave, Calif.-based Scaled Composites have been glide-testing their six-passenger vehicle SpaceShipTwo, which is air-launched from a twin-fuselage carrier airplane. read more at link above

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

FAA grants experimental permit to Virgin Galactic Empty Re: FAA grants experimental permit to Virgin Galactic

Post  Carol Wed May 30, 2012 11:46 pm

VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (AP) -- An unmanned U.S. Air Force spaceplane that has been in orbit for over a year is coming back to Earth. The Pentagon's experimental craft, which resembles a mini space shuttle, is slated to land at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. The exact date depends on weather and other conditions, but the Air Force said Wednesday it expects the landing to occur in early to mid-June. read more at link above

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

FAA grants experimental permit to Virgin Galactic Empty Re: FAA grants experimental permit to Virgin Galactic

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu May 31, 2012 12:13 pm

Perhaps I should lay-off of the Aliens, UFO's, and the Orion-Sirius-Babylonian-Egyptian-Grecian-Roman Empire for a while -- and just focus on the known space programs (public and private). That ought to keep me busy, and out of trouble. Just let me keep my tin-foil hat -- and my orgone-water squirt-gun!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm