tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

How to delete your Google Browsing history before new policy kicks in

THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

How to delete your Google Browsing history before new policy kicks in  Empty How to delete your Google Browsing history before new policy kicks in

Post  THEeXchanger Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 am

How to delete your Google Browsing History before new policy

By JohnThomas Didymus
    Feb 24, 2012 in Internet

+
    With just a week to go before Google changes to its new privacy policy that allows it to gather, store and use personal information, users have a last chance to delete their Google Browsing History, along with any damning information therein.
    Tech News Daily reports that once Google's new unified privacy policy takes effect all data already collected about you, including search queries, sites visited, age, gender and location will be gathered and assigned to your online identity represented by your Gmail and YouTube accounts. After the policy takes effect you are not allowed to opt out without abandoning Google altogether. But now before the policy takes effect, you have the option of deleting your Google Web History by modifying your settings so that Google is unable to associate data collected about you with your Gmail or YouTube accounts.
    Tech News Daily reports that Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), a nonprofit organization based in San Francisco that advocates for online privacy, says: "Search data can reveal particularly sensitive information about you, including facts about your location, interests, age, sexual orientation, religion, health concerns, and more."
    EFF advises all Google users to delete their web history.
    Meanwhile, Center for Digital Democracy has filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, asking the Commission to sue Google to stop the policy change. Tech News Daily reports FTC can impose fines up to $16,000 per day for violation.
    Daily Mail reports that deleting your browsing history before March 1 when Google's new privacy policy comes into effect will limit Google's ability to track and record your every move online. The process is simple. Follow the steps below:
    1. Go to the google homepage and sign into your account.
    2. Click the dropdown menu next to your name in the upper-right hand corner of your screen.
    3. Click accounts settings
    4. Find the "Services section"
    5. Under "Services" there is a sub-section that reads "View, enable, disable web history." Click the link next to it that reads: "Go to Web History."
    6. Click on "Remove all Web History"
    When you click on "Remove all Web History," a message appears that says " Web History is Paused." What this means is that while Google will continue gathering and storing information about your web history it will make all data anonymous, that is, Google will not associate your Web History information with your online accounts and will therefore be unable to send you customized search results.
    Google's ability to gather personalized information about you by assigning data to your Gmail and YouTube accounts will remain "Paused" till you click "Resume."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/320137#ixzz1ngSqxG3i
    Micjer
    Micjer

How to delete your Google Browsing history before new policy kicks in  Empty Re: How to delete your Google Browsing history before new policy kicks in

Post  Micjer Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks for this. Done cheers
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

How to delete your Google Browsing history before new policy kicks in  Empty Re: How to delete your Google Browsing history before new policy kicks in

Post  Carol Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:03 am

I don't have a g-mail account or youtube account. Then what? Still do this?

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:49 am

That will not help. The one who believe they can be online and their 'movements' can remain hidden...sorry, No way Very Happy

My attitude is...hell, 'they' (whoever should want to T&T me) alreay know who I am and what I do. 'They' knew that also even before I (we) ever used internet. So what's the point? Suspect

Much respect
    Mall...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 pm

It's a good thing I'm not paranoid and don't care then, isn't it?

Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:19 pm

This is nothing compared to drones being allowed to fly through U.S. air space. Effective in 2020 I believe. I may have to recheck that but this was passed by Congress recently. I never heard anything about it until it was passed. That is crazy. Crazy Happy
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Carol wrote:It's a good thing I'm not paranoid and don't care then, isn't it?

I'm not paranoid, I don't care and it's a good thing for me to be that way Crazy Happy

So, yes...but it depends on your attitude
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Neteru wrote:This is nothing compared to drones being allowed to fly through U.S. air space. Effective in 2020 I believe. I may have to recheck that but this was passed by Congress recently. I never heard anything about it until it was passed. That is crazy. Crazy Happy

It's insidious Neteru. They, those who are writing and passing these laws, are eroding the US Constitution and sell true freedom down the road in the interest of Corporations who lobby and control our government. You say this is not as crazy at that but the truth is... IT is all crazy and it's all designed to monitor and enslave the populace. One must take a stance against all of it as it is all unreasonable given the founding father's intentions when establishing the Bill of Rights and Constitution. Personally, I think a time traveler was there during the construction of some of that but that's one of my inside stories and I'm sticking with it.

To do the right thing is to go through all of the laws that have been inacted over the years and delete each one that is NOT in alignment with the US Constitution. They passed over 4,000 laws this past year. We don't need more laws we need enforcement - beginning with the banksters and eliminating the Federal Reserve which is a private corporation.

Neteru
    Neteru

Post  Neteru Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Carol wrote:
    Neteru wrote:This is nothing compared to drones being allowed to fly through U.S. air space. Effective in 2020 I believe. I may have to recheck that but this was passed by Congress recently. I never heard anything about it until it was passed. That is crazy. Crazy Happy

It's insidious Neteru. They, those who are writing and passing these laws, are eroding the US Constitution and sell true freedom down the road in the interest of Corporations who lobby and control our government. You say this is not as crazy at that but the truth is... IT is all crazy and it's all designed to monitor and enslave the populace. One must take a stance against all of it as it is all unreasonable given the founding father's intentions when establishing the Bill of Rights and Constitution. Personally, I think a time traveler was there during the construction of some of that but that's one of my inside stories and I'm sticking with it.

To do the right thing is to go through all of the laws that have been inacted over the years and delete each one that is NOT in alignment with the US Constitution. They passed over 4,000 laws this past year. We don't need more laws we need enforcement - beginning with the banksters and eliminating the Federal Reserve which is a private corporation.

And we also need a certain faction of lizards off of this planet. Crazy Happy cheers Crazy Happy cheers Crazy Happy

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:26 pm