tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

The music industry eXposed

THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

The music industry eXposed Empty The music industry eXposed

Post  THEeXchanger Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-1XPd37RbM

P:1/11 The music industry exposed - References

be sure to check out

P:2/11 the music industry exposed - up to P:11/11 the music industry exposed

11 powerful videos

this is the first one -

HigherLove
    HigherLove

The music industry eXposed Empty Re: The music industry eXposed

Post  HigherLove Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:30 am

ALL 11 VIDS IN A PLAYLIST
    http://embedr.com/auth/register

<div style="width:425px;height:521px;"><object width="425" height="521"><param name="movie" value="http://embedr.com/swf/slider/my-video-playlist_25440/425/521/0x7e858c/false/std"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://embedr.com/swf/slider/my-video-playlist_25440/425/521/0x7e858c/false/std" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="425" height="521" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><a href="http://embedr.com/playlist/my-video-playlist_25440" target="_blank" style="background:transparent url(http://embedr.com/img/embedr-custom-video-playlists.gif);float:right;margin:0;padding:0;outline:none;width:115px;height:35px;position:relative;top:-35px;"><span style="display:none;">Build your own custom video playlist at embedr.com</span></a></div>

What a creative thread title. Love it.

If you know of anything specific about what happened to George Michael (and all others at Sony Records), I would love to get my hands on it. He could not release material for years due to litigation, and now gives his music away for free, or a nominal fee via iTunes singles' tracks.

Mariah Carey was held hostage by Tommy Mottola for years (literally, while they were married, he kept her isolated in his mansion). She was not allowed outside contact without his total supervision. She got out alive.

TRIVIA: I may have mentioned this before, but when writing on George Michael's forum, I was not aware that he was following my every word. Both he and his partner thanked me at the time for my thoughts/observations. One of which was, "With fans like these, who needs enemies"?

A couple of days later I was watching Keith Olberman when I heard that George closed his forum due to the negativity of his fan base.

It was me. LOL I was the final straw.

He has since created a new forum.

I worry also for his addictions and demons. Seeing he and Whitney perform together in that video is a bit scary.

Then again, the man cannot even smoke a joint without a DUI? I can understand driving 10 mph in the wrong direction, but not crashing through rows of cars.

His ex went into rehab for alcohol.

:op

Sorry George. You know I love ya. My apologies in advance for anything headed your way...

PEACE

"I am telling you, it is so hard being a diva these days; or, as Mariah Carey said, 'The diva o' the day'" - Donna Summer

From: VH-1 Presents: Donna Summer: Live and More Encore! DVD

The music industry eXposed Web_co10

The music industry eXposed Casala10
    Triple-Platinum, double-album (went for $20.00 in 1979)

The music industry eXposed Z0000410

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Girls_%28album%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca_Records

Polygram did not own the rights until later, and have total control over anything Donna did prior to 1995. That is why there are so many greatest hits collections and not new albums. That's part of it. Donna got screwed by the record companies and red-necks.

At the height of her "Bad Girls" fame, she was addicted to prescriptions, and she was suicidal. She got out. She gives credit to Jesus.

Sony (Mottola) has since brought back Casablanca. One of his debut stars: Lindsay Lohan. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

The music industry eXposed Donna-11The music industry eXposed Summer11

Donna dealt very graciously with her split from Casablanca, as well as her split from Geffen (when she jumped ship from Casablanca, she was the first artist signed to the Geffen label, and they did it in a hot second) -- Geffen later involved in SKG. Geffen split Donna's relationship with her producers, scrapped a double album, and made her work with Quincy Jones.

Donna is a very private person. It is unlikely that she would be open to discussing this. It's tempting to get a message to her about it, but I am going to leave that be. Best save that ace for if/when truly needed.

This is not in her contract and would also be a violation. I do not know how I know some of the details of her contract, I just do. She knows them also. The first being about her voice: "You are never to abuse this gift".

Talk about a miracle. She could not sing as a little girl and wanted to. She said a prayer to God, and when she was finished, she could sing.

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 am; edited 6 times in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Noble Realms: "Mind-Controlled Celebrities":

Hi Moralman, thanks for the link. Looks interesting. I'll look it over after I get home.

Speaking of Disney..........................I was going to mention that those big name celebs who got their starts working for Disney all seem to have something weird going on with them. Britney, Christina, Justin, etc. If they're not mindcontrolled, then it's something weird.

I mentioned on the old "Anagram" thread that Britney's name anagrams to "Trap by Eisners." Eisner, as in, Michael Eisner, head of Disney. What a co-ink-ee-dink on that one, eh? Too weird is all I can say.

I do hesitate to start pointing fingers and naming names and making accusations and guesses about who's mindcontrolled out there, that's why I backed away from this thread. Didn't feel entirely right. But at the same time, I think it's still important to bring up the concept of Illuminati controlled celebs, and those whose music, movies, etc. serve their agenda. Media and entertainment has become an insane overexposed circus fiasco. Everybody's nearly naked, and they've got kids flaunting their bodies now. This isn't normal. These people are puppets. We're supposed to believe that these kids do this because of the allure of fame and money, but I believe there's something else going on. Most parents wouldn't allow their kids to carry on this way, so, the fact that these celeb kids' parents do says it all. We all eat up entertainment to some extent, whether it be music, movies, t.v., magazines, or whatever. So for that reason I think it's important for everybody to be clued in that all is not what it seems to be. That many of these celebs aren't even themselves, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, Elvis was a biggie in the mind controlled puppet department, from what I hear. I wrote a write-up on the movie "Bubba Ho-Tep" over in the "Movies" thread, showing how that movie parallels what the real situation with Elvis was. Maybe I'll cut and paste and move it over to here, since it's relevant. Marilyn Monroe as well. Fritz wrote about her. I'll find that one too and post it.

Thing is, after looking closer and noticing the Illuminati / Brotherhood symbolims going on with these celebs, and analyzing their oddball behavior, it really does take the fun out of entertainment. Kind of ruined it for me, anyway. I have a harder time watching movies. But that's a good thing I guess. Better to be informed than to be ignorant.

Last edited by lyra (2004-08-25 14:24:24)

http://forum.noblerealms.org/viewtopic.php?id=513

BRITNEY SPEARS, PARIS HILTON AND MADONNA......WHO ARE THEY? WHO CONTROLS THEM AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE? WHAT IS THE REAL AGENDA? THE ANSWER MAY SHOCK YOU...

http://theconspiracyzone.podcastpeople.com/posts/33073
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Me thinks he was talking about more than the MSM -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bBWBG9r2o
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/46bBWBG9r2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I make my living off the evening news
    Just give me something, something I can use
    People love it when you lose, they love dirty laundry

Well, I could've been an actor, but I wound up here
    I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear
    Come and whisper in my ear, give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down
    Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em all around

We got the bubbleheaded bleach-blonde, comes on at 5
    She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
    It's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation? Is the head dead yet?
    You know the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
    Get the widow on the set, we need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out what's going on
    You don't really want to know just how far it's gone
    Just leave well enough alone, keep your dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're stiff, kick 'em all around

Dirty little secrets, dirty little lies
    We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
    Love to cut you down to size, we love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo, we can dance and sing
    When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
    We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:29 pm

2008 Update: Donna Summer Surviving Depression

The music industry eXposed Donna-12

Back with Her First Studio Album in 17 Years, the Disco Diva Opens Up About Overcoming Depression Thanks to Her Family and Faith

When Donna Summer hit the American Idol stage for its May 21 finale, the Queen of Disco did what she does best: got the audience up on its feet to dance. For a few minutes, it was like time-traveling to the '70s, when Summer's fans hustled and boogied under glittery spinning balls to smashes like "I Feel Love," "Bad Girls" and "Hot Stuff." Returning to the stage on Idol night was "fantastic," says Summer.

The Idol performance helped kick off a comeback for the 59-year-old diva. She also has a new album, Crayons (her first studio album in 17 years), with the groove-worthy single "Stamp Your Feet." And in July, she'll step out on a 29-city tour.

But the siren who once gave bell-bottomed clubgoers reason to get down almost didn't make it back: After 9/11, Summer suffered a crippling case of depression.

"I was really freaked out by the horrific experiences of that day," says Summer, who was at her Manhattan apartment during the attacks. "I couldn't go out, I didn't want to talk to anybody. I had to keep the blinds down and stay in my bedroom." Summer didn't seek help until her best friend, author Alice Harris, intervened. "She says, 'I've called a shrink for you who's on the end of your street,'" Summer recalls. "Walking there felt like 90 miles. I was so burdened, I was panting. I went, 'I can make it to the end of the street. I know I can.'" Though therapy helped, Summer chose not to take antidepressants. "I had taken [medication] before and realized it could do physical things to my psyche," says Summer, who wrote in her 2003 autobiography, Ordinary Girl: The Journey, that she attempted suicide at the height of her career in 1976. "But emotionally, I had to stop focusing on negativism."

A born-again Christian, Summer (real name: LaDonna Gaines) also turned to her faith. "I went to church, and light came back into my soul," says the singer. "That heaviness was gone." Now, when she feels down, she prays—and doesn't sweat the small stuff. "When I attack myself on little, nonsense issues, I start thanking God for my life. I look at people in Afghanistan and Darfur, and I'm like, 'Hello? Wake up, Miss Summer!'"

Summer also got support from her husband of 28 years, singer-song-writer Bruce Sudano, 59, and their daughters Brooklyn, 27, and Amanda, 25, as well as Mimi, 35, her daughter with ex-husband Helmuth Sommer. "She's gotten through it with the support of a man who adores her," says Alice Harris. Says Sudano: "I call her the Empress. We understand each other now better than ever."

Their low-key life in Nashville, where they've lived since 1995, makes it easier to stay serene. "There's a sense of real life here," says Summer, happy to be away from the pressures of eternal youth in Hollywood. "I have hips, and I like to eat," she says, staying healthy by walking and doing Pilates. "I'm too chicken to go under the knife." Instead, she keeps young by pampering her daughter Mimi's kids, Vienna, 10, and Savanna, 8. "I make them a bubble bath and bring them cider in champagne glasses," says Summer. "They boss me around and get a total kick out of it."

But Summer, who counts Rihanna among her favorite new singers, couldn't keep the dance-tastic side of herself down. "I was on my couch eating potato chips, thinking, 'I gotta get out of this house, or I'll wind up a desperate, old housewife,'" says Summer, who then recorded the eclectic "Crayons". Along with uptempo tunes cowritten with a songwriter for Fergie, Summer sings about Darfur ("Bring Down the Reign," which references Angelina Jolie as an "angel of light") and even explores reggae, folk and Latin sounds.

Now, with a North American tour on the horizon, Summer couldn't be more thrilled—and she's worked hard for it, honey. "Life always serves you challenges," says Summer. "I'm looking to the future, and life is good. I'm weathering the storms of life."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20204169,00.html

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:45 pm

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OLYkOVrVTfU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fame makes a fool out of anyone
    Fame takes you back to the core of your childhood
    Fame makes you think that you're having fun
    Fame the game

Get on the plane and
    get off into the limousine
    To the early morning show
    everyday routine
    Make up fake up get a manicure
    Five minute autographs, grab a picture, yes or no
    All the same answers to the same questions
    Create a scandal with your reaction
    What's that you say
    take it or leave it
    Paparazzi wanna see you bleeding

Fame the game

Late suit days, hair extensions
    Botox faux-forced interventions
    Nude job, boob job, all nouveau
    It ain't what, but who you know
    Uncalled perjury, cosmetic surgery
    Dirty secrets frame your glory
    It'll get the cover story

Fame the game

Everybody wanna be a star
    It's all about who they think you are
    Pulling up in a crazy car
    The front door is your garage
    Everywhere an entourage
    Play like you've been living large
    Someone got your credit cards
    Lend me your blah blah blah

Be careful
    Be careful what you wish for

Since I was a child of three
    I'd watch old movies on the silver screen
    Kate Bette and Marilyn were the reigning queens
    (do you wanna be a star?)
    I know if I can make it out
    Out of this sleepy town then I could go real far
    I could I'd really work so hard
    And I could do it and do it and do it 'til I become a star

Fame the game

Miami, London, Paris in a week
    Lying in private, catching up sleep
    Celebrity parties, politic profits
    Rock'n' roll bullyboys walk the red carpet
    Getting in VIP through the velvet rope
    Shake hands, photograph and you gotta go
    Little black book pools with the CEO
    Smile and tell'em what they wanna know
    And tell'em what they wanna know

Be careful
    Be careful what you wish for

Fame the game

Everybody wanna be a star
    It's all about who they think you are
    Pulling up in a crazy car
    The front door is your garage
    Everywhere an entourage
    Play like you've been living large
    Someone got your credit cards
    Lend me your blah blah blah

(You're fabulous, fantastic!)

Last edited by HigherLove on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:32 pm

ALL 11 VIDS IN A PLAYLIST
    http://embedr.com/auth/register

<div style="width:425px;height:521px;"><object width="425" height="521"><param name="movie" value="http://embedr.com/swf/slider/my-video-playlist_25440/425/521/0x7e858c/false/std"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://embedr.com/swf/slider/my-video-playlist_25440/425/521/0x7e858c/false/std" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="425" height="521" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><a href="http://embedr.com/playlist/my-video-playlist_25440" target="_blank" style="background:transparent url(http://embedr.com/img/embedr-custom-video-playlists.gif);float:right;margin:0;padding:0;outline:none;width:115px;height:35px;position:relative;top:-35px;"><span style="display:none;">Build your own custom video playlist at embedr.com</span></a></div>

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:52 pm

The music industry eXposed I27maf10
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm

The music industry eXposed Geffen10

Geffen Records is an American record label owned by the Universal Music Group. It was founded by David Geffen in 1980, founder of Warner's Asylum records. Fired from his position at Warner Brothers Pictures in 1978, and locked in a 5-year contract with them, he convinced Warner to let him start the label. Geffen's first signee was Donna Summer, with her album The Wanderer become Geffen's first release. Later John Lennon and Yoko Ono's Double Fantasy sold millions after Lennon's murder, giving Geffen their first number one album and single.

Geffen would build their reputation throughout the 80's as a major pop label by signing the likes of Elton John, Kylie Minogue, Peter Gabriel, Joni Mitchell, Sonic Youth and Neil Young (who ultimately went back to Reprise Records). By the end of the decade the label became most famous for being a rock label by signing acts such as Guns N' Roses, Whitesnake and Aerosmith's comeback era. This lead to Geffen founding DGC Records to hold their more experimental rock groups (just in time for Alternative Rock to emerge).

Geffen's contract with Warner ended in 1990, with the label being sold to Universal (called MCA Records at the time). David Geffen, made a billionaire from stock and Panasonic's brief acquisition of Universal, decided to step down from his position in 1995 to focus on DreamWorks. During this time Geffen was one of the strongest independently managed labels of the time.

With Universal's acquisition of PolyGram in 1999, which lead them to pull in and reorganize their labels (independently operated included), Geffen was merged with A&M Records to form Interscope Records (interestingly, Interscope would later acquire Dream Works records who had been handling Geffen's distribution as a subsidiary up to that point). Geffen still operates as a separate entity, though much smaller to suit Interscope's needs. Since Geffen still had steady business, the Universal Music Group decided to fold MCA Records' artists into Geffen, diversifying their roster (Mary J. Blige, Blink-182, Common, etc.). Around the same time Dream Works Records also folded, with the majority of its signees being moved to Geffen. Needless to say, the roster had moved from pop-rock to everything. Geffen decided to go with this, signing the likes of Ashlee Simpson and Snoop Dogg.

With all this new-found diversity, Geffen found themselves standing on the same level as Interscope. Many industry insiders thought Geffen would go back to independence within UMG. Yet by 2007 Interscope had absorbed Geffen even more.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GeffenRecords

Geffen

Don Henley spent many years in legal entanglements with record company Geffen Records. Following years of tension between Henley and the label, the dispute went public and the record company filed a $30-million breach-of-contract suit in Superior Court after receiving a notice from Henley saying he was terminating his contract even though he reportedly owed the company two more studio albums and a greatest-hits collection. Henley wanted to sign a publishing deal with EMI that would have been worth a few million dollars. Geffen Records stopped this from happening, which in turn upset Henley.

Geffen Records claimed that Henley was in breach of contract and Henley attempted to get out of his contract in 1993 based on an old statute. Under the statute, a California law enacted over 50 years ago to free actors from long-term studio deals, entertainers cannot be forced to work for any company for more than seven years. Geffen Records did not want Henley signing with any other label, and had an agreement from Sony and EMI that they would not sign Henley. Henley counter-sued Geffen Records claiming he was "blackballed" by David Geffen, who made agreements with other record labels not to sign him. Henley eventually became an outspoken advocate for musicians' rights, taking a stand against music labels whom he feels refuse to pay bands their due royalties. Henley came to terms with Geffen Records when the Eagles reunion took off and the company eventually took a large chunk of the profit from the reunion album. Glenn Frey was also in legal entanglements with his label, MCA Records (whose parent company had also acquired Geffen). Before the Eagles reunion tour could begin, the band had to file suit against Elektra Records, who had planned to release a new Eagles Greatest Hits album. The band won that battle.

Don Henley and Courtney Love testified at a California Senate hearing on that state's contractual laws in Sacramento on September 5, 2001. In 2002 Henley became the head of the Recording Artist's Coalition. The coalition's primary aim was to raise money to mount a legal and political battle against the major record labels. Henley says the group seeks to change the fundamental rules that govern most recording contracts, including copyright ownership, long-term control of intellectual property and unfair accounting practices. This group filed a friend-of-the-court brief in the Napster case, urging District Judge Marilyn Hall Patel not to accept the industry's broad claims of works made for hire authorship.

A long period without a new recording followed, as Henley waited out a dispute with his record company while also participating in a 1994 Eagles reunion tour and live album. During the hiatus, Henley recorded a cover of "Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat" for the film Leap of Faith, provided background vocals for country star Trisha Yearwood's hit single "Walkaway Joe", and duetted with Patty Smyth on "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough" and Roger Waters on "Watching TV" on Waters' Amused to Death album, in 1992. Henley provided the voice of Henry Faust in Randy Newman's Faust, a 1993 musical which was released on compact disc that year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Henley
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:08 am

Recorded in 1982, but not released until 1996, Geffen enraged Donna Summer by rejecting her double-album, "I'm a Rainbow". Donna pounded her fists, cried, and begged him not to do it. Geffen refused to budge.

This severed her ties with Moroder and Bellotte ("The Munich Machine" was over).

Donna was pregnant when she recorded her self-titled album with Quincy Jones, and they did not get along. There were many personality factors, but Donna has been singing about her love for "White Boys" since she did the German production of "Hair". LOL

This led to Donna meeting Michael Jackson, who did some of the vocals with the "All-Star-Choir" on her rendition of the Vangelis' classic, "State of Independence".

Why was Donna not involved in the recording of "We are the World"? It was produced by Quincy Jones, who scorned one of the biggest stars at the time.

With the exception of lack of concern for self-promotion, Donna WAS the Madonna of the 70s. For a few years, Donna was one of the most famous people in the world. It nearly killed her.

The music industry eXposed Cv3jbm10

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 am; edited 5 times in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:27 am

[size=18]
    The music industry eXposed Images14

The music industry eXposed 13167710

In a bit of cosmic irony, Donna recorded this album for Mercury during her time with Geffen, in order to settle with Polygram/Universal, who now owned Casablanca. Oy!

This really ticked off Geffen, because it was her best selling album in years, and spawned a feminist anthem (as a Gay man, I am not sure if his orientation and her religion came into play).

She recorded several more albmus for Geffen, with little success. Geffen thought Donna could ride on her name and voice, and did not put anything into getting radio play.

As soon as Donna left Geffen, she signed on with Atlantic, and had a #2 hit in 1989 (this time i know it's for real, from "Another Place & Time"). While continuing to spin out #1 records for dance club play, this was Donna's last song to reach the top 10 on the Hot 100.

Atlantic dropped her after 1991's "Mistaken Identity" sales disappointed them.

Later on: Sony, Epic, and Burgundy (a company that just may have had heart and got eaten alive).

Sony BMG's Burgundy Records Signs Legendary Singer Songwriter Donna Summer

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sony-bmgs-burgundy-records-signs-legendary-singer-songwriter-donna-summer-55984627.html

See a pattern, here?

A F SONY BMG BURGUNDY RECORDS LOGO SONY BMG BURGUNDY RECORDS LOGO Burgundy Records (SONY BMG) logo. (PRNewsFoto/SONY BMG)[AL] NEW YORK, NY UNITED STATES 06/08/2007

NEW YORK, Aug. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- BURGUNDY RECORDS, SONY BMG's new
    record label, announced today the signing of legendary singer songwriter
    DONNA SUMMER.
    (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20060502/NYTU191LOGO-b )
    "Donna Summer is a perfect fit for Burgundy and we couldn't be happier
    to be working with her. She is an absolute legend -- a classic and timeless
    vocalist who still has a great deal of demand and viability within the
    marketplace," says Joe DiMuro, EVP/General Manager of Burgundy Records.
    "I'm excited and very eager to get started. Let the games begin. It's
    great to have Burgundy Records as my new musical family, "says Donna
    Summer.
    Donna is scheduled to go into the studio this Fall to record her new
    album, which is currently in its initial planning stages.
    About Donna Summer:
    As one of the most important female artists of the 21st century, Donna
    Summer has an extensive list of accomplishments including setting multiple
    'firsts' within the music industry.
    * Donna has won 5 Grammys and 6 American Music Awards
    * Donna was the first female singer to have a #1 album and #1 single on
    the Billboard charts simultaneously -- a feat she accomplished again
    just a few months later, breaking her own record.
    * Donna was the first artist to have three #1 double albums on the
    Billboard charts consecutively (she still remains the only female artist

and solo act with this accomplishment).
    * Donna was the first female solo artist with three #1 hits in a one year
    period, topping the charts with the singles 'MacArthur Park,' 'Hot
    Stuff,' and 'Bad Girls.'
    * Her single 'No More Tears' (Enough Is Enough) was the first 12 inch
    single to achieve gold status.
    * For years, Donna held the record for having the most #1 "Dance (or
    Disco) Songs of The Year" on the Billboard Year-End Charts only to be
    tied by Madonna in 2002.
    * Donna set another 'first' when NARAS recognized her ability in the rock
    genre, awarding her the first Grammy ever given for the category of Best

Rock Female Vocal Performance for her platinum single 'Hot Stuff.'
    * Donna has earned 14 Top 10 Singles on the Billboard Hot 100, four
    reaching #1 as well as 12 Gold singles.
    * Donna has earned the following RIAA certifications: , 2 double platinum
    albums, 1 platinum album and 8 Gold albums
    * 8 of Donna's songs have reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, R&B, and
    Dance charts
    Donna Summer is in good company on Burgundy Records, joining legendary
    artists Aaron Neville, America and Chaka Khan, all of whom have new records
    on the way.
    About Burgundy Records:
    Burgundy Records, an imprint under SONY BMG's Strategic Marketing
    Group, signs legendary multi-platinum artists and releases new titles in
    conjunction with innovative marketing campaigns that promote their artists
    through traditional and non-traditional channels. Their roster includes
    Aaron Neville, America, Chaka Khan, Donna Summer and The New Orleans Social
    Club.
    Sony BMG Music Entertainment is a global recorded music joint venture
    with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of local
    artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that
    comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony BMG Music
    Entertainment is 50% owned by Bertelsmann A.G. and 50% owned by Sony
    Corporation of America.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sony-bmgs-burgundy-records-signs-legendary-singer-songwriter-donna-summer-55984627.html

The facts about Donna are not entirely accurate.

Across all charts, she has had 20 #1 hits. (Oh...maybe 21...I had best check).

She is the only artist to have a #1 Dance Club hit in every decade since the 1970s.

KELLY ROWLAND -

The music industry eXposed Kelly-10

DESTINY'S CHILD - BEYONCE????????????

They give Donna credit for influencing their careers.

Others working on the album included American record producer, Jim Jonsin who described the Rowland's new sound as Donna Summer-esque,[74]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Rowland

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:28 am

Originally from Live and More! concert in 1977, Donna sang this song about her daughter at a UNICEF concert in 1979. She speaks to the toll the industry takes on a family. I will note that even though she wrote this, in order to get her career going, she did have her mother look after Mimi for a while. Still, it broke her heart.

I use Donna because I know her life off of the top of my head, and so much of this seems appropriate.

This thread is about the music industry exposed, in a grander sense, I suppose. But in Donna's life, I can see all of the tiny little murders committed by those around her, toward her: the human costs/the costs to all of humanity. And yet, I still soar when I hear her sing. :)

There are clips of her at the beginning, then the song begins at 1:20

This was never a single (the machine wanted dance music from her), so no HD quality.

John Denver and Andy Gibb appear at the end...spooky.

Donna's sisters did back up singing, and one of them died from cancer (Dara).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXIrRAVi5Is&feature=related
    <iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uXIrRAVi5Is" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mimi's Song Lyrics
    Donna Summer

Spoken:

You know tonight is a very important night
    For me for a number of reasons
    My little girl is here tonight
    And I don't think you understand
    What it's like being the daughter of
    Someone who's always gone
    It's kind of scary and it's kind of lonely
    And I guess she thinks to herself sometimes
    "Is mummy ever going ever gonna come home?"
    And so my daughter looked up at me
    Last week and she said "mummy
    When are you just gonna stay home
    One day and be with me"?
    And so it kinda struck me funny
    And I didn't realize that I hadn't spent
    Anytime with her for a long time
    So I sat down and wrote down this song
    After she went to bed
    And I told her tonight when it was bedtime
    I would sing her song

Sung:

I bet you ask yourself
    Why I'm never there
    It's not because I like being away
    You see I've made a spectacle of myself
    And it seems that the whole world needs me
    I understand when you cry alone
    And mama's not there to wipe your eyes
    You see it's only because
    I'm out being someone to make you cry

I got a little letter
    And I read it on the plane
    And in my heart I felt a funny kind of pain
    I wish that I could be there
    To touch your face again

Mimi you're beautiful
    Mimi you're mine
    And other things that I do in my life
    Seem to take up all your precious time

There's so much I long to say
    So much more I long to do
    But I guess it's all just have to wait
    Till I can get to see you

Mimi you're mine
    Oh, Mimi you're mine
    Oh, Mimi you fill my life

You fill my life with so much love
    Cause you're beautiful
    And you love me
    And you'll understand

Mimi it's bedtime say Goodnight
    "Goodnight"

*Mimi is now 38! eeeep!
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 am

TONI BRAXTON

The music industry eXposed 50206710

February 15, 2007 20:18

Toni Braxton settles lawsuit against manager

R&B star is now a free agent

http://www.nme.com/news/toni-braxton/26483

Despite her huge success, the industry managed to break her down and eek away all of her money. When is the last time we heard her? Why?
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am

TLC

The music industry eXposed Tlc10

They went broke after selling millions of records. If I can find clips from the interviews about how to be that successful and lose so much money...(it was behind the music special on vh-1).

Just as they made their comeback and were getting back on solid financial footing, "Left-eye" was killed in an accident while visiting her spiritual guru. SHE WANTED TO LEAVE THE GROUP AND PURSUE A SOLO CAREER

TLC’s T-Boz files for bankruptcy protection again

5:05 pm November 28, 2011, by Rodney Ho

http://blogs.ajc.com/the-buzz/2011/11/28/tlcs-t-boz-files-for-bankruptcy-protection/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0qKFZnx8Kk

TLC - THE VERY FINAL CHAPTER

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t0qKFZnx8Kk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 am

Beyoncé

The music industry eXposed 733_be10

Posted as is. I have not yet watched the videos on Beyonce, but I will. As well as the others (today).

THESE POSTS ARE NOT ENDORSEMENTS OF THE MATERIAL/VALIDITY OF THE MATERIAL, NECESSARILY...

...I am keeping An open mind.

<div style="width:425px;height:520px;"><object width="425" height="520"><param name="movie" value="http://embedr.com/swf/slider/sasha-fierce/425/520/default/false/std"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://embedr.com/swf/slider/sasha-fierce/425/520/default/false/std" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="425" height="520" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><a href="http://embedr.com/playlist/sasha-fierce" target="_blank" style="background:transparent url(http://embedr.com/img/embedr-custom-video-playlists.gif);float:right;margin:0;padding:0;outline:none;width:115px;height:35px;position:relative;top:-35px;"><span style="display:none;">Build your own custom video playlist at embedr.com</span></a></div>

Notes for later:

Maxine Nightengale (she is fun to help out with during a concert...I once got to help keep timing for her, and it was one of the highlights of my life).
    En Vogue
    Irene Cara
    Janet
    80s freestyle girl groups
    Anita Baker
    Sadé
    Aretha Franklin/Whitney Houston
    Dionne Warwick
    Gladys Knight
    Gloria Gaynor
    Yvonne Elleman
    Diana Ross
    Tina Turner
    Jennifer Hudson
    aaliyah
    Tasmin Archer
    Martha Wash (two tons of fun, the weathergirls, c+c music factory, black box). They used thin models to lip-synch to her voice in videos.

(still working on Black Women, alone...aaaaagh!).

Milli Vanilli

And...

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:15 pm

MARTHA WASH

The music industry eXposed Martha10

Last week's Throwback Thursday got me thinking of something. This is actually a topic people have asked me about in the past, because clearly if any brain is going to contain this info, it's mine.

It involves the lip synching scandal of the early 90s. No not that one. There was another one, which people vaguely recall, so when they want all the facts, it's "Hey Jason, you know this... wasn't there another lip synching scandal?" Yes. Yes there was. It involved two groups, actually, C+C Music Factory and Black Box. Both featured the vocal stylings of one Martha Wash.

It is all chronicled quite nicely at this link:

Arrow http://offmybirdchest.blogspot.com/2010/09/throwback-thursday-09-09-10-lip-synch.html

Solo career

Later, when the Weather Girls disbanded, Wash continued to lend her vocals to various dance and house music tracks. Several of them became massive pop, R&B and dance hits. She sang lead vocals on all three of Black Box's U.S. top-forty hits, including the top-ten smashes "Everybody Everybody" and "Strike It Up," as well as "I Don't Know Anybody Else," which charted at #23 in the United States. All three of these hit singles continued to receive regular club-play and mainstream radio airplay as of late April 2010. In addition, Wash sang lead vocals on the lesser-known Black Box tracks, "Fantasy," which charted at #5 in Great Britain, "Open Your Eyes," and "Hold On." All six of these songs appear on the Black Box album Dreamland. Also, she performed uncredited lead vocals on Seduction's "You're My One and Only (True Love)," and lead vocals on C+C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)," which hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1991.

Her post-Milli Vanilli litigation

But with the Milli Vanilli scandal still fresh in the minds of the music industry, Wash was also perturbed by the fact that her image had been labeled "unmarketable" because of her size. She was, in fact, so perturbed that she successfully sued to receive proper credit, and appropriate royalties, as the vocalist on all of these songs. Wash's courtroom efforts spurred legislation making vocal credits mandatory on Compact Discs and music videos. It also awarded her a recording contract with RCA Records, which led to her eponymous debut solo album in 1993. The album scored three top ten club/dance hits including "Carry On", "Give It to You" and "Runaround". The first two reached number one and featured a song written by Kenneth H. Williams, Sami McKinny and Denise Rich, "God Bless The Road", a stirring uplifting ballad noted in Billboard Magazine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Wash

Degrees of separation? Clivilles and Cole (C+C Music Factory) remixed a track for Donna on the Atlantic label in 1991, at the end of her slender years. As noted earlier, Atlantic dropped Donna due to lack of sales (they could not say weight gain).

The music industry eXposed Img_1210
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Pop stars and their conspiracy theories

Take one musician. Add fame, spare time and unshakable self-confidence. Next stop: the David Icke fan club. Andrew Mueller looks at pop's obsession with conspiracies

THE CORRS - AUG 2004

He's a 'truther' … Jim Corr Photograph: Rex Features

Link includes embed codes. It was copy all or none: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jul/21/popandrock-hip-hop

It is reasonable to assume that most people reading this will, at some point, have gazed at a website like the one your correspondent has open before him as he types. It's one of those sites that seeks to inform that Things Are Not What They Seem or, at least, Not What They Would Have You Believe.

These websites adopt such uniformity of style and content that it's almost as if they're all being operated according to the diktats of some shadowy, but all-powerful steering committee, of the kind the sites are actually trying to warn you about. The sites flaunt gaudily apocalyptic graphics, bristle with audaciously punctuated headlines, and urge you towards reams of densely argued revelation, often published in eye-wateringly light text on a dark background. They are usually, for these reasons and more, utterly unreadable, but it doesn't really matter, because you know what they're going to say – 9/11 was an inside job, the world is secretly controlled by the Bilderberg group, global corporate dictatorship is imminent, and so on.

The website open before me now conforms to all of these tropes, but differs from all its seething peers in one key respect. It is not the work of some lonely, tinfoil-hatted denizen of his parents' basement, but of a multimillionaire rock star. It is jimcorr.com, the online presence of Jim Corr, guitarist with the Irish soft-rock band the Corrs. His Twitter feed – @jimcorrsays – keeps about 2,700 agog followers updated with such bulletins as "Newscaster alludes to Satanic government", "Severe child abuse goes to the top of the establishment", and "32 signs entire world being transformed into a futuristic big brother prison grid". If imagined as song titles, these certainly whet the appetite for a Jim Corr solo album.

Tragically, Corr declined to respond to requests for an interview, perhaps suspecting this newspaper to be an agent of the furtive, sinister elite that manipulates the lives of ordinary people to further its nefarious ends. A brisk YouTube trawl confirms, however, that Corr has not been shy about expanding on his views about Irish chatshows. Corr, to risk glibly reducing his panoramic thesis, is a "truther": that is, a person whose worldview is largely rooted in the belief that the terrorist attacks on the United States on 11 September 2001 were a stunt contrived by the US government to excuse the subsequent Middle East wars.

Though the effort Corr invests in researching and propagating conspiracist dogma is unusual in the rock world, his possession of such views is not unique. Rock has always been fertile ground for the sowing and growing of such myths, and little wonder: the field is disproportionately populated by people who are overendowed with spare time, money, hallucinogenic drugs and delusions of grandeur, and/or correspondingly underequipped with common sense. Conspiracy theories flourish at all levels of the music industry, from the journeyman plodder whimpering that his decades of obscurity are due not to his manifest uselessness but to some backroom industry stitch-up, to the aggrieved music press reader accusing rock journalists of building a band up just to knock them down, to the successful, but dimwitted pseudo-sage megastar earnestly pronouncing on the vast range of subjects about which he knows nothing.

Corr has, or perhaps had, at least one ally in the "truther" cause, in the form of Matt Bellamy of Muse, who has used the phrase "inside job" in reference to 9/11 (a view he has since recanted, perhaps weary of being tittered at). Bellamy has also discussed various other conspiracy theories in a tone wilfully closer to that of the card-carrying adherent than the interested observer – up to and including David Icke's belief that many of our rulers are members of a breed of shape-shifting reptiles from a parallel dimension. (In fairness to Bellamy, he appears to have a sense of humour rare among subscribers to these ideas, once playing along gamely with a New Zealand television news show that, brilliantly, showed him portraits of various luminaries, and asked him to pick out the lizards.)

MIA last year outlined to the Observer her earnest beliefs that Facebook and Google were creations of the CIA, and that during her adolescence, the London borough of Tower Hamlets had been flooded with heroin on the instructions of its local MP, with a view to pacifying the local Bengali population. This is a common conspirazoid trope: the powers that claim to protect us are actually seeking to destroy us. Chuck D of Public Enemy has claimed both in song (Race Against Time) and on stage (more than once) that the World Health Organisation is, in fact, engaged in the propagation of racially targeted biological warfare. This was, granted, a while ago now, and Chuck's sporadic blog on Public Enemy's website is generally more sensible, but just as excitable conspiracy-mongers in days of yore used to send journalists interminable letters in green ink, so Chuck's website adheres to the equivalent contemporary trope of publishing in white writing on a black background for maximum eye-strain.

Possibly as a consequence of Public Enemy's incalculable influence, hip-hop has appeared all but determined to corner the market in conspiracy theorising. One Public Enemy old boy is especially prolific in this regard. Professor Griff, who departed the band under something of a cloud a couple of decades back, after making disobliging remarks about Jews – "Is it a coincidence that Jews run the jewellery business, and it's named jewellery?" he said to the Washington Times – can still be found on YouTube reading from William Cooper's absurd conspiracist tract Behold a Pale Horse, and claiming that Jay-Z and his business partner Damon Dash are agents of the Illuminati (Jay-Z has disputed this, not unreasonably, archly observing: "I can't even get into a golf club in Palm Springs.")

Wu-Tang Clan have been proponents of Griff's teachings on the New World Order, the unified field theory of conspiracies, which posits that the world is controlled by a clique of omnipotent puppetmasters who amuse themselves by planting obtuse clues to their doings on American currency. The Grammy-winning rapper Prodigy, of Mobb Deep, recently released from prison, is another sworn enemy of the Illuminati, and another who believes Jay-Z is among their number. Canibus once upped the ante still further, setting out his stall on his 1998 debut Can-I-Bus with the track Channel Zero, which appeared to suggest that almost all the conspiracies along the wilder shores of popular culture – alien abductions, Freemasonry, cattle mutilations, DNA testing, Bible codes – are themselves united in some sort of overarching superconspiracy.

There are few beliefs so daft that a musician won't espouse them, even the people old enough to know better. Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant, according to Andrew Smith's book Moondust, is a Moon landings sceptic ("I never really believed they went, to be honest with you"). Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac has expressed approval of the witterings of David Icke ("I find that sort of stuff really interesting," he told Word magazine in 2004, before speculating perplexingly on the number of US presidents who may have been Freemasons). Megadeth's Dave Mustaine told conspirazoid American radio host Alex Jones in 2009 of his apprehension vis-a-vis the imminent one world government, and his plans to escape it by moving to Canada.

All of which is a necessarily incomplete survey, and all of which also neglects the rich heritage of conspiracy theories that flourish about rock, pop and hip-hop, as opposed to within it. Many of these are as much staples of conspiracy thought as the assassination of John F Kennedy – the notions that Elvis Presley faked his death, that Kurt Cobain was murdered, that John Lennon was whacked by the FBI/CIA/Freemasons, that Paul McCartney was disposed of and replaced with an impostor by the rest of the Beatles, who then – for unexplored reasons – embedded their album covers with clues to their crime, that the iconography flaunted by Kiss contained hints of allegiance to Satan and/or Adolf Hitler (the latter accusation, especially, must have bemused Kiss's substantially Jewish lineup). Hip-hop has also contributed in this regard: various baroque theories circulate the deaths of Tupac Shakur, Eazy-E and Biggie Smalls.

Above and beyond even these state of rarefied paranoia, there are those who have insisted that pretty much all modern popular culture is itself a conspiracy theory, intended to (depending on your predisposition) subvert public morality. The urtext of this viewpoint is Rhythm, Riots and Revolution, the 1966 philippic by American evangelist David A Noebel, which held that rock'n'roll was a Soviet psy-ops weapon – or, as he put it, "an elaborate, calculated, scientific technique aimed at rendering a generation of American youth neurotic through nerve-jamming, mental deterioration and retardation".

Of course, given that Jim Corr and all the abovementioned have been raised in the rock'n'roll-dominated period since the publication of Noebel's tract, perhaps he was on to something.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jul/21/popandrock-hip-hop

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 pm

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Current TVs "Infomania" explores the "No-Homo" lyric phenomenon in rap music on their segment, "That's Gay".

This is a small sample of how blatant and hypocritical messages tend to be in rap music, in regard to serious anti-gay remarks, alone. We have seen how they treat women, but as things tend to go in most cultures on this planet, the anti-gay stuff seems to sail right by people across all "categories": ethnicity, race, or economic status, to name a few...It just boggles my mind.

The following clip is done in what I find to be quite a humorous manner (a riot, actually). Some words have been bleeped out, but the implications remain.

See anything else (i.e. we open with Rihanna...)???????????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBkYdUgl3-M
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TBkYdUgl3-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 pm

M.I.A.

The music industry eXposed Mia210
    Many pictures of her doing the gun-point to her head
    Please note the following, from above:

MIA last year outlined to the Observer her earnest beliefs that Facebook and Google were creations of the CIA, and that during her adolescence, the London borough of Tower Hamlets had been flooded with heroin on the instructions of its local MP, with a view to pacifying the local Bengali population.

M.I.A. | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
    www.myspace.com/mia
    M.I.A.'s official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
    Track Duration

Bad Girls audio 3:48
    XXXO [Explicit] audio 3:05
    Teqkilla [Explicit] audio 6:20
    XXXO audio 2:59

http://www.google.com/search?q=mia&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

This is the M.I.A. who recently was accused of taking part in a ritual for the death of Whitney Houston with Madonna and Nicki Minaj during the Superbowl!

???????????????????
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:16 pm

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t4194-the-quake-central-sentinel

And, I get to communicate with many species here and elsewhere. It is all telepathy. It's like a by-product or quirky little spiritual conduit/side effect from the chemical imbalances in my brain. Another cool part: I can multi-task: i.e. I can have both a telepathic conversation in the astral realm, and a conversation with a person here in 3D, at the same time.

I do not know why yet, but for some reason this "gift" is really disturbing to horses. I scare them, which hurts my feelings, of course. I suppose I would not mind so much if they were not so dramatic about it. I do not need a hoof to the face. They could simply walk away, if they chose.

See link above for the post as it appeared in its entirety. It was a great process, but much better suited, elsewhere.

A note:

Be patient...I know I keep bringing her up...

1. It has always been my understanding that "Donna Summer" was born "LaDonna Adrian Gaines".
    2. I did not save the link, but recently noticed a reference that this information is erroneous. That would be a first.
    3. She married Helmuth Somer, then changed the spelling of her name to the English version after their divorce. Hence, "Donna Summer", "Donna Summer Enterprises", and "Sweet Summer Night Music".

THAT MEANS: LADONNA + MADONNA = Shocked ??????????

More bread crumbs.

Madonna was another factor at the end of Donna's glory days. Perhaps she was a nail in the career coffin.

Donna does not give a flip. She has had enough, and when questioned about her motivations for touring, she says (as only a Black woman can): "Oh, honey. Trust me. I can afford to retire".

Madonna was initially perceived as "The White Donna Summer". That is how they wanted to market her. Madonna was furious with this and did what she could to distance herself from it before she even signed her first contract.

4. Thinking of a picture I once saw of Donna and Whitney, together: The caption referred to Whitney as an "Uber-Diva", while Donna was referred to as a "Proto-Diva".

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:02 pm

ROMEO VOID / DEBORA LYALL

The music industry eXposed Images15

The music industry eXposed Deb-co10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeo_Void

The music industry eXposed 220px-11

The picture on the link is of the group from decades ago, and it is doctored up.

Notice how one member stands partially in front of her. That is often one of the signs that someone is about to be exited from the scene: The offers have dried up, and the artist is viewed as having been tapped out. She was lucky in the sense that she was under the radar in terms of being on a hit list, but they still were not kind when they handed the band their hats. There is not even a photo of her on her own Wikipedia page.

1. Check out the image of the record label in the video, below.
    2. Would you have known the name of the lead singer had I not told you? Did you even ever hear of the group?
    3. Aside from their saxophonist going nearly deaf from playing, Debora Lyall committed one of the worst sins in the business: A good voice in a large body. It just does not sell. Who is the svelte woman (in shadow form) shown for the single?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1cQCtogkD0
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m1cQCtogkD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. The irony/tragedy of all of this is that it was the success of this song and album that drew attention to them. Everybody wants to know who a singer is when their picture is nowhere to be found.

On a positive note, Debora seems to be quite a happy person, and she has carried on with her life in many creative ways.

1983-present: Instincts, break-up, and post-band endeavors

A third and final album was again helmed by David Kahne, which Allmusic writer Stewart Mason speculated was a "reaction against the more commercial sound of Benefactor.[10] By this time, Carter had been replaced by Aaron Smith.[7] Instincts was released in October 1984, debuted at No. 68 on the Billboard 200,[9] and proved to be the band's best-selling album.[10] It also launched their most successful single, "A Girl in Trouble (Is a Temporary Thing)," which broke the Billboard Top 40 and peaked at No. 35.[9] Critical reactions were positive.[11] Despite being the band's most successful effort to date, Columbia pulled the band's promotional support while on a nationwide tour. "The very next town we got to after they made that decision, there wasn't an A&R person there," said Iyall. "[There] was no local person there, there were no interviews and in-stores arranged as they had been. All that just ground to a halt." The band returned to San Francisco and soon broke up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeo_Void

ONE VERSION OF THE ALBUM WITH NO PICTURES (this is the version I owned -- it was left behind when I left Chicago) -

The music industry eXposed 6711210

Last edited by HigherLove on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : add quote at the end)
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:05 pm

I suppose I have made my point on various aspects of discrimination within the Entertainment Industrial Complex. Gregg just noted that I could go on with this list, forever.

Whatever is going on, please keep in mind these are real people we are talking about. Heart, mind, body, and soul...fellow humans and expressions of ONE.

I know this is not over, but I am done, for now.

Last edited by HigherLove on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : apparently not done yet)
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:01 pm

GOD'S Candle in the Wind WHITNEY HOUSTON Candle in the Wind

Sorry to bump this again, but I meant to do this from the beginning. It's really hard to stay away from a thread when I can pull so much information from my head. It's later that I go back and get the references.

ENOUGH SAID, EH?

The music industry eXposed Whitne11
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Rihanna

The music industry eXposed Rihann10

Oh, good grief. I suppose it would be easier if I just prepared all of this at once and got it over with, but I do not seem to flow that way. :op

Perhaps this is a way of helping me manage my grief, as well as deal with my own mortality and vulnerabilities.

I posted the entire article for easy reference, but there are plenty of links in the original:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbrella_%28song%29

______________________________________________________________________________

"Umbrella" is a song recorded by Barbadian singer Rihanna, featuring a rap verse by Jay-Z. The song was written by The-Dream, Christopher Stewart, Kuk Harrell and Jay-Z, and was produced by Stewart for Rihanna's third studio album, Good Girl Gone Bad (2007). The song was originally written for recording artist Britney Spears, who rejected it. "Umbrella" is a contemporary R&B, hip hop, and dance-pop song and lyrically it refers to a romantic and platonic relationship and the strength of that relationship. It is generally considered Rihanna's signature song.

"Umbrella" was well received by music critics, many of whom appreciated the "ella, ella" hook and also Rihanna's convincing vocals with which she delivers the chorus. Entertainment Weekly ranked the song number one on the 10 Best Singles of 2007, while Rolling Stone and Time listed the song at number three on the 100 Best Songs of 2007. The song has earned Rihanna several awards and nominations. In 2007, the song won two awards at the MTV Video Music Awards, when it was nominated for four. At the 50th Grammy Awards, "Umbrella" also earned Rihanna and Jay-Z a Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration in addition to receiving nominations for Record of the Year and Song of the Year.

The song serves as the lead single to the album, and was released worldwide on March 29, 2007 through Def Jam Recordings. "Umbrella" was a commercial success, topping the charts in Australia, Canada, Germany, France, the Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. In the United Kingdom, where the song's chart performance generated controversy when the country was experiencing excessive flooding and large amounts of rain at the time, it is deemed an iconic song and was one of the most played songs on radio in the 2000s. It managed to stay at number one on the UK Singles Chart for ten consecutive weeks, the longest run at number one for any single of that decade. The single was one of the highest digital debuts in the United States and remained at the top of the US Billboard Hot 100 for seven consecutive weeks.

The single's accompanying music video was directed by Chris Applebaum and features Rihanna's nude body covered in silver paint. The video earned Rihanna a Video of the Year at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards and Most Watched Video on MuchMusic.com at MuchMusic Video Awards. Along with countless amateurs, "Umbrella" has been covered by several notable performers from a variety of musical genres, including Taylor Swift, OneRepublic, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, Vanilla Sky and The Baseballs. Rihanna performed the song at the 2007 MTV Movie Awards, 2008 BRIT Awards and was the closing song of the Good Girl Gone Bad, Last Girl on Earth, and Loud Tours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbrella_%28song%29

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 am