tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+4
SuiGeneris
Raven
Carol
Spregovori
8 posters

Bad words

Spregovori
    Spregovori

Bad words Empty Bad words

Post  Spregovori Fri May 07, 2010 6:58 am

no go people...not time yet

Last edited by Spregovori on Fri May 07, 2010 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Bad words Empty Re: Bad words

Post  Carol Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 am

Why is this thread even here Spreg? You can surely make your point without posting the bad words. As we asked that no vulgarity be posted and these words fall into that catagory ~ please edit them out of your text.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Raven
    Raven

Post  Raven Fri May 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Carol wrote:Why is this thread even here Spreg? You can surely make your point without posting the bad words. As we asked that no vulgarity be posted and these words fall into that catagory ~ please edit them out of your text.
    Titus 1:15
    Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Fri May 07, 2010 12:58 pm

What was this thread about?...and why did you edited all of it?

Couldn't you at least leave some of it??

Why do you say: "No time yet"??

SuiG
    Spregovori
    Spregovori

Post  Spregovori Fri May 07, 2010 1:22 pm

SuiGeneris wrote:What was this thread about?...and why did you edited all of it?

Couldn't you at least leave some of it??

Why do you say: "No time yet"??

SuiG

Since you ask....and since i care...

The thread was about "bad" words....their usage, meaning, effect, point, origin....etc (this is very rough description)

I could leave some of it but than it would not be the same...i do not want an "abstract" debate. I might be able to re-form it...but still it is like "impossible" to show it in different form SINCE talking about it without saying it is one of the "problems" that i also wanted to discuss...so me doing is here would be counter productive.

Not time yet....it is a "feeling" ..
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri May 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Sui, the 7 bad words were listed along with a number of Carlin's links. The links didn't bother me as that is up to the person to click or not to click. However our policy is no vulgarity being posted and the 7 words fall into that catagory - most of them related to women's body parts.

If folks wish to discuss this as a topic - no problem. If folks wish to post the words, that is something else again.

I will add that what I find offensive is the demeaning of women where the woman is objectified and is not longer an individual or spiritual being but instead described as a composit of a woman's sexual body parts.

If you wish to see the list, you can ask Spregovori to PM them to you.

Anonymous

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 8:13 pm

No bad words no good words, words just are...a b c d ... you know. ? Words can heal, words can kill, words can give a meaning , words can be as empty as they are when looking at them closely ,, but the meaning of what you say ..

Bad words Icon_albino
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Fri May 07, 2010 10:48 pm

Bad words Couple_talking7
    Oh my!!! I see.......ok Big Grin 3

Hhmmm, this is my take on this. I understand the policy of no vulgarity on any forum exists to be able to keep it from morphing into a complete disaster having members attacking each other etc, etc, etc...and so on and so forth...and I agree with it 100%; but I think Spregovori's intention was not to incite confrontation here but perhaps to analyze the power and energy of a "bad" word? (and you can tell me if I am wrong of course)

If this is it, then I think it is rather interesting to discuss and observe how a word could be termed offensive and how does it get on that list. I think a word in itself is neither good nor bad until it is actually uttered with a specific intent, feeling and emotion and therefore a frequency is attached to it. Once it passes this stage and becomes generally used then it attracts an stronger energy of a unique kind. At that point a bad word becomes a problem because once it's released it will cut into the other person: Words=Sword.

Language is alive and it's constantly morphing and adapting along with us and the meaning and usage of a specific bad word in a specific context is more likely than not a result of a collective agreement between a group of people at a specific time. Then there is the emotional factor you put into a word, the feeling you put into it when you are actually saying it and this forms the base of all oral communication.

This alone can change the meaning or message even if it contains an already agreed negative bad word, but still it may leave you with a bad taste in your mouth when saying it or troubled heart when receiving it...it's all about energy exchange. For example a friend saying to another friend a list of bad words as part of homework say. The one dictating is just saying them with no real bad intention behind it but still could feel uncomfortable just by the mere sound of them because that word has already a negative "charge" to it. Conversely, the friend receiving it may not be affected directly by it since he or she already knows consciously that there is no ill will attached to them but nevertheless may feel awkward even by listening to them.

Spreg, you say just talking about it without saying them may be one of the "problems" and I think you're right. Nevertheless we can still try to examine the underlying issues pertaining to vulgar language and it's applications without having to dive and roll in the mud ourselves.

The derogatory terms used to describe the female (or male's sexual parts for that matter) are taboo yes; but they are so because they have caused too much pain and suffering always having been intrinsically attached to all levels of abuse. So yes, we can look at certain words and try to realize how do they impact a woman and why, but it has to be done with great care. I hint it has to do with how would she feel if she is called a "bad" or "dirty" word under a certain circumstance?? I guess inquiring minds want to know? All of these are valid questions that may arise in anyone's mind, but you can always ask the person directly and this is usually the best bet because all language and its internal impact is always highly subjective.

Luckily, the natural place for language to evolve to at this time would be telepathy. and since its electromagnetic wave will always contain "feelings", there will be no room for miscommunication. Remember...The words we say to others have to be as important as the food we put into our mouths.

Vulgarity in the New World will then simply dissolve away, being the result of a 3D control tool of a highly negative powerful charge used by a group-mind immersed in duality. People can observe it and see it for what it is, and then what? How about creating something new? Wouldn't that be exiting? How can I use this limited language construct NOW to express my full range of emotions adequately...?? Perhaps with care, with awareness, with contemplation...? I think practicing this will be like our final test before we are able to take the basic lesson "Telepathy 101".

Much Love from me,
    Hugs

SuiG
    Spregovori
    Spregovori

Post  Spregovori Sat May 08, 2010 4:35 am

Carol wrote:Sui, the 7 bad words were listed along with a number of Carlin's links. The links didn't bother me as that is up to the person to click or not to click. However our policy is no vulgarity being posted and the 7 words fall into that catagory - most of them related to women's body parts.

If folks wish to discuss this as a topic - no problem. If folks wish to post the words, that is something else again.

I will add that what I find offensive is the demeaning of women where the woman is objectified and is not longer an individual or spiritual being but instead described as a composit of a woman's sexual body parts.

If you wish to see the list, you can ask Spregovori to PM them to you.

Actually only two of the seven words specifically relate to the female body parts. The rest are "neutral"...they relate to both genders.

The woman was was not shown as a piece of meat. Yes there was an example describing a sexual act (using both "bad" and "nice" words), with a very good reason.... but that "objectified" the male as much as did the female and that was just one example out of four.

I did do as asked so the "bad" stuff is gone now. One of the reasons to discuss it was the "reactions" people tend to have.

@Raven

interesting words
    Spregovori
    Spregovori

Post  Spregovori Sat May 08, 2010 4:49 am

SuiGeneris wrote:
    Oh my!!! I see.......ok Big Grin 3

Hhmmm, this is my take on this. I understand the policy of no vulgarity on any forum exists to be able to keep it from morphing into a complete disaster having members attacking each other etc, etc, etc...and so on and so forth...and I agree with it 100%; but I think Spregovori's intention was not to incite confrontation here but perhaps to analyze the power and energy of a "bad" word? (and you can tell me if I am wrong of course)

It can be put like that yes.

SuiGeneris wrote:
    If this is it, then I think it is rather interesting to discuss and observe how a word could be termed offensive and how does it get on that list. I think a word in itself is neither good nor bad until it is actually uttered with a specific intent, feeling and emotion and therefore a frequency is attached to it. Once it passes this stage and becomes generally used then it attracts an stronger energy of a unique kind. At that point a bad word becomes a problem because once it's released it will cut into the other person: Words=Sword.

For the sake of sticking to the forum rules let us just say that it is a matter of context/intent. Although saying this like that - it will mostly not have any much effect in general.

SuiGeneris wrote:
    Spreg, you say just talking about it without saying them may be one of the "problems" and I think you're right. Nevertheless we can still try to examine the underlying issues pertaining to vulgar language and it's applications without having to dive and roll in the mud ourselves.

The derogatory terms used to describe the female (or
    male's sexual parts for that matter) are taboo yes; but they are so
    because they have caused too much pain and suffering always having been
    intrinsically attached to all levels of abuse. So yes,
    we can look at certain words and try to realize how do they impact a
    woman and why, but it has to be done with great care. I hint it has to
    do with how would she feel if she is called a "bad" or "dirty" word
    under a certain circumstance?? I guess inquiring minds want to know?
    All of these are valid questions that may arise in anyone's mind, but
    you can always ask the person directly and this is usually the best bet
    because all language and its internal impact is always highly
    subjective

No actually the main point was to not be abstract about it. This is of the "prime" importance. You have all of this constantly around you....yet it is "hidden" it is made so that it is "acceptable" it is *hypocrite*. As long as it is there and within "limits" people are ok with it and as long as no one mentions is directly they are even more ok with it....god forbid to do anything more...

I will respect the forum rules but i will not bent to them.

SuiGeneris wrote:
    Vulgarity in the New World will then simply dissolve away, being the result of a 3D control tool of a highly negative powerful charge used by a group-mind immersed in duality. People can observe it and see it for what it is, and then what? How about creating something new? Wouldn't that be exiting? How can I use this limited language construct NOW to express my full range of emotions adequately...?? Perhaps with care, with awareness, with contemplation...? I think practicing this will be like our final test before we are able to take the basic lesson "Telepathy 101".

Nothing happens by itself...nothing comes from air....it wont just "go away"....not as long as it is under the carpet. And the carpet has its limits. On of the questions in the original post was also "what is vulgar" but again...i will not discuss it in abstract terms...i will not hide behind a social constructs.

Creating something new can always be an interesting thing...but first you have to get rid of the old.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat May 08, 2010 7:14 am

Ei Yei Yei - Am I seriously having to Post about not being Vulgar/Profane and the reasons for It in these Forums ?

Blink

Of course You can talk about the Subject and It can be done well without using Profanity specifically in a Post.

IE - You could easily say something like ;

This Thread is about the use and abuse of Bad Words or what are perceived as Bad Words by Western Society at large.

We will start this Discussion with the 7 Words that cannot be said on Television or in Print. George Carlin (A Famous Comedian) was one of the first People to bring this Subject up and You can find the Words in a Video of His on Youtube as follows...

VIDEO Posted.

Link Posted

And so on...

Simply put - We're trying to run a Site or Forum that does not degenerate into a CurseFest if You can relate to that. As well - We want to be able to allow Younger Individuals access to the Information here just as much as anybody else. To say that there is a need to be able to Post Profanity so as to talk about the Construct or Issue is patently False.

Now with that said - I've just showed a possible way of approaching the Issue along WITH following Forum Decorum. Again - Choices are always up to the Individual...

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat May 08, 2010 8:14 am

I would like to expand upon how words carry energy. A word is not just a word with no meaning. Each word has it's own energy signature and vibration. For example, I've witnessed mothers using bad words with thier children, yet the word was used in an endearing way with love. I've also seen good words used with the emotion of hatred. For me personally, it is the intention used behind the word that gives it the energy to heal or wound.

Next, there are a number of empaths on this particular forum. I'm one of a number of others here as well. So when I read the words that people post I pick up on the energy behind what is posted. For instance, anger is an easy emotion to pick up on in a post ~ as is frustration (a mild form of irritation), as is sadness, happiness... being glad or even curious. Some here will argue that words are just words which most of would likely agree with. Words are just letters put together to imply a description or meaning. Yet in Sanskrit, words are also vibrational frequencies which open up psychic spiritual doors within when spoken aloud and are exceptionally powerful. The same can be said of the 7 words when spoken with negative intention as they too can be emotionally experienced as demeaning, insulting and wounding. In essence, from a purely intellectual viewpoint ~ a viewpoint disconnected from the emotional and spiritual sense of self ~ words are just that. Yet as intelligent beings we all know that there is more to the expression of words when their true intention is meant to carry an emotional impact.

SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Sat May 08, 2010 11:37 am

I concur Carol...absolutely!! Cheerful
    Bad words Om-wallpaper
    The power of OM

Shanti,

SuiG
    Spregovori
    Spregovori

Post  Spregovori Sat May 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Utter ye shall not, the sacred chant, ye be not ready for where it can take you. :)

l&l

eof
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 pm

I would even say this as It came to Me as an Epiphany that if We can indeed discuss this without pulling these Word's and Their Energy into the discussion of the Topic it would be very helpful as It would help Us to display not only the Energy Play behind a certain BAD Word Verus other Words - NOT considered Bad or Profane, but also the Insanity of doing so as We often don't understand a Word's Origins or Meanings when using Them in conversation. In fact - I do believe it would be Cathartic to approach this without needing to use the Words specifically...

For instance and this is without Profanity but totally geared at learning about these Words in as much Detail as We can with not getting into Their Baggage...

The "F" Word or "F" Bomb as It is so commonly called in the Media actually has been rumored to have had It's beginnings in the Leveling of or Charges of Witchcraft against those thought to be involved in It. Additionally - Its was meant to state the Acronym - "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" for having sexual relations with someone You were not married to or allowed to be with by the Crown. It also has Its roots to some extent in 15th Century Germanic dialects as to Strike and or Hit among other Forceful Verbage...

Whats true nonetheless is that when We say "F" You to Another - It actually makes no sense at all but with the Germanic objectification of the Term - We can also see why It carries the Baggage of almost being Hit when Its said to Us negatively...

Blink

IE - "Hey - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge You..."

Sounds pretty ridiculous Eh ? And this is one of the Main reasons why I personally - Am trying to break Myself of the use of the "F" Bomb at All as It makes no sense to use It in the way I and others have in the Past.

Another Interesting Word is the "S" Word usually used to mean that One is in Trouble, Exclaiming something of Import, Decribing something as being at the Level of Value commensurate with Excrement - Hence meaning It has NO VALUE at all and is a Waste...

This Word - The "S" Word - Actually means - Ship High In Transit and was used as a Term that was stamped on the Carrying Holds of Manure as It would be transported by Ship back in Medieval Europe.

The reason for this was that Manure would sit in Seawater that leaked through the Holds of the Older ships and this would accelerate the production of Methane from the Manure. A Person would go down into the Hold to inspect eventually with the only Flashlight They had back then - A Candle or Lantern, and Voila - BOOM went the Ship.

This was then adopted as a way to mark the Carrying Holds of Older Ships so as to avoid explosions and to ensure that whenever Manure was transported VIA Ship - It was - Shipped High In Transit...

Again - Its pretty silly to Me to be saying "Bahhh - Ship High in Transit" when Things aren't going My way and so now I don't...

In fact - Its getting to be more "Farg this" and "Flip that" than anything else now due to the Low Mindedness of the previous terms, but with that said - I still have My lapses LOL...

Wink

SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Sat May 08, 2010 10:56 pm

It could be that when someone says "F" you to another all they are doing is throwing all of what that word represents at them, because like you pointed out Merc, literally it makes no sense at all.

So it meant unlawful carnal knowledge huh?? That's interesting to know... but I think knowing the origins of a bad word may not be really necessary for people to be able to use it effectively. I mean, I can invent one word right now and after telling you its given meaning just throw it at you to see your reaction. Teenagers do this all the time and it's very effective in eliciting the desired response.

Likewise if two lovers agree that a certain "bad" word means something erotic say, then for all intend and purposes saying it to each other during intimacy will also bring out the desired response...only because it was agreed beforehand. Naughty

SuiG
    SuiGeneris
    SuiGeneris

Post  SuiGeneris Sat May 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Spregovori wrote:Creating something new can always be an interesting thing...but first you have to get rid of the old.
    You get rid of the old... by the mere act of creating something new!!! Cheerful

SuiG
    Nebula
    Nebula

Post  Nebula Mon May 10, 2010 5:37 am

Ok, This is a very interesting subject, i'm liking all your perspective's above. I understand the point of forum rules/regulations and all. But how can we openly and fully discuss this topic without mentioning the so-called bad words. And within that context, i also recognize, it all depends on each and every individual's ability to discern whether to take offence or not. My perspective is, if i'm not insulting anyone or anything then there is no harm. How is this for example... i f.u.k.i.n love this topic :;lol: please advise if i do need to edit :)
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon May 10, 2010 6:09 am

In fact - Neb - Intellectually - Can't We talk about Them without saying Them ? Sure We can...

We can talk about alot of Issues without naming Them specifically - We can talk of their Energy - Origins - Symbolism - Etc...

I've tried to lead the way on this above as I see it as a vaild Issue to discuss and Agree with Spreg as to trying to discuss It...

That said - The Word Filters will remain on as per the reasons above. I honestly saw this as a Challenge to be able to touch upon the Issue and not need to say Them while doing It. Hence why I said it may be Cathartic to try it also. Point noted though - Please don't intentionally Bypass the Word Filter.

Wink

Nebula
    Nebula

Post  Nebula Mon May 10, 2010 6:22 am

I totally understand Merc. :) Didn't mean to intentionally bypass the filter, i was merely using the expression as an example. I can add this to the discussion, since earth is a school of experience, somethings can only be learned through direct experience.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 am

Yep - I hear Ya Neb. Let Me tell Y'all a Story about Me...

I've been a Biker All My Life or at least since I got My First Hog at 19. I've hung out with the Rough Crowd from time to time so to speak and dealt with My Demons. I no longer gravitate to that side of the Lifestyle but I am still respected by All My Patch carrying Brothers as well as All of the Independents I used to hang out with too. I've even helped some of My Bros get out from under the Dark Side if You will in the process...

The Long Dark Night of the Soul is a Long Night truly. I've done time in my Youth and I've cursed with the Best of Them. Simply put - Its the understanding to NOT Curse anymore but yet display the Energy and reasons for a different Path - That I've trod to this Point in this Thread...

Its why I've spoken as I have. For Me - Its a Healing process to see why I've used these Words over time - The Inaneness of Them - And My Progression up and away from needing to curse at all through Awareness of their true Constructual Origins and Symbolism...

Wink

Nebula
    Nebula

Post  Nebula Mon May 10, 2010 7:06 am

Mercuriel, thanks for sharing your experience and this fully paints your perspective and awareness of it. Indeed experience is the best teacher :) What i'm really trying to convey here is this, depending on the context and one's intention, as long as its not negative and/or offensive to anyone or anything and its stated as such beforehand, we should be open to talk about anything.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon May 10, 2010 7:38 am

Nope I agree. I'll Post My Ideas about how We can do it and yet not do it when I get home in a bit...

Wink

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 10, 2010 8:34 am

Thank you Mercuriel to bring some light on the origins of these terms .
    What is interesting is how they then slipped in our vocabulary in a usage
    that's completely out of context.
    My reflexions on the use of these words brings to mind two things :

1: very often people may start using them because they heard someone else
    using them . We copy without further inspections gestures or terms seen somewhere else and use them as automatic response to situations . They are not natural .

2: This automatic response short circuits any further dialogue and inspection of the situation at hand . They are narrowing the mind rather then opening it up.

Love Always
    mudra
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Mon May 10, 2010 10:06 am

Indeed I would tend to agree Mudra and even add that the Energy now attributed to Them and Inherent in Their usage generally causes Confusion as to actually and constructively tackling the Issue at hand before the Curse Word was used. Perhaps that is the Intent by those originally driving Their widespread usage originally. That They are called Curse Words is also curious too I find...

Blink

I mean - Give People a False Construct and have Them perpetuate It and in fact strengthen It by Its Incorrectness...

Suspect

BTW - I will discuss this Issue of using the Words in some Form in this Thread with Anchor and Carol. I will then Post back in here with how We'll deal with It VIA a Concensus of the AdMods. No worries We'll find a unique and novel way to approach this as We have in All Things so far...

Wink

We are wondrous Beings - We are Hominus Universalis...

Heh heh

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 am