tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Supreme Court legalizes downloading music

devakas
    devakas

Supreme Court legalizes downloading music Empty Supreme Court legalizes downloading music

Post  devakas Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:02 pm

greed does not have limits, does it?

According to the appeals court, “Music is neither recited, rendered, nor played when a recording (electronic or otherwise) is simply delivered to a potential listener.” US Solicitor General Donald Verrilli agreed with the appeals ruling and that just because a song was transferred over the Internet did not mean that it was being performed, reports Reuters.

http://rt.com/usa/news/supreme-court-digital-ascap-061/
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Supreme Court legalizes downloading music Empty Re: Supreme Court legalizes downloading music

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Proof of financial loss of one party relative to the financial gain of another party should be determinitive in such matters. Downloading probably involves counterbalancing losses (diminished sales) and gains (free advertising), thus requiring no court action against unrepentant downloaders and other such reprobate evildoers, who will undoubtedly face the Wrath of Almighty God in the Great Hereafter. "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay" saith the Lord. The Supreme Court has apparently left things in the Lord's Hands. Just kidding. I couldn't resist. On a more serious note, if most of the Supreme Court Justices are Roman Catholics, why is "Roe v Wade" still the law of the land?? Does God no longer frown upon the killing of babies?? Is this not murder?? Is hell no longer a burning question??

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:03 am