tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
devakas
Carol
6 posters

Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic"

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Empty Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic"

Post  Carol Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic"

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    devakas
    devakas

Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Empty Re: Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic"

Post  devakas Thu May 26, 2011 11:21 am

Ron Paul on Libya: “This is a Mess”

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/capitol/ron-paul-on-libya-this-is-a-mess/#ixzz1NTaKNgKG
    Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), during a Libya hearing on Wednesday, argued that the War Powers Resolution of 1973 is deeply flawed. Paul told the hearing audience that the “war powers issue is a key issue.”

The War Powers Resolution is meant to limit the ability of the executive branch to commit U.S. Armed Forces to combat such as President Obama did in Libya. In fact, the resolution only gives the president the power to send U.S. troops into combat if certain conditions are met. Some, including Paul, question whether these conditions where met in Libya.

Additionally, a specific time restriction is placed on the length of America’s involvement in an armed conflict unless congress approves additional time. The War Powers Resolution say that “within sixty calendar days after a report is submitted or is required to be submitted pursuant to section 4(a)(1), whichever is earlier, the President shall terminate any use of United States Armed Forces with respect to which such report was submitted (or required to be submitted), unless the Congress (1) has declared war or has enacted a specific authorization for such use of United States Armed Forces.”

In regards to Libya, Paul said that the idea that the U.S. was justified in supporting combat operations in Libya because the U.S. needed to bolster the credibility of the United Nations Security Council “is an outrage. We’re suppose to be defending the Constitution.” Paul added that the U.S. has ignored congress’ role in sending American forces into war many times since World War Two, including Korea and Libya among other examples. The War Powers Resolution is suppose to limit these types of war to sixty days, but the conflict “always drifts into ninety and even our presidents ignore that,” said Paul.

Paul even referenced the long term impact of ignoring the constitution and the War Powers Resolution. “The American people are sick and tired of it. It’s draining us, it’s draining us financially and now we’re into…Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya.” Paul ended his speech by demanding that the executive branch give back to congress the power to send American troops into war. “It should be up to us when we got to war and not to the executive branch,” said Paul.

In March, the UN authorized the implementation of a no-fly zone over Libya to protect civilians after Libyan leader Col Gaddafi used government planes to bomb protestors. The U.S.’s involvement in the no-fly operation in Libya was suppose to be minimal, but the logistics of such an operation caused the U.S. to be more involved in the Libya conflict than was originally thought.

In response to the U.S.’s involvement in Libya, Paul told listeners during his weekly Texas Straight Talk address on March 28, 2011 that the Obama Administration took the country to war in Libya “without bothering to notify congress, much less obtain a constitutionally mandated declaration of war.” Paul also added that there was “ample time and opportunity for the administration to consult the UN, NATO and the Arab League before going to war, but not the U.S. Congress.” Paul ended his talk by imploring the administration to end U.S. involvement in Libya.

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/capitol/ron-paul-on-libya-this-is-a-mess/#ixzz1NTa5891I
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Empty Re: Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic"

Post  Carol Thu May 26, 2011 11:23 am

I really liked what he had to say and what is amazing to me is how brain dead congress is. It's like common sense is completely disconnected from reality. I just don't get it unless the elected politicians have really all been murdered and replaced with pre-programmed clones. Now that would make sense.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 am

I am so with you Carol. Is he planning to run for president?
    He has some charm I can not realize what it is, but he sounds human. I can not listen other politicians, I do not understand what they are saying and what this sh.. comes from.

How Much Freedom Do We Have If We Can't Even Drink Unpasteurized Milk?

love from me
    devakas
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Empty Re: Ron Paul

Post  Jenetta Sat May 28, 2011 1:07 am

[quote="devakas"]I am so with you Carol. Is he planning to run for president?

Check out www.apfn.org

Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat May 28, 2011 1:46 pm

No clue but I could see TPTB blocking that from happening. I think Palin is running and she may be the next President.

Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Sun May 29, 2011 8:38 am

Yikes.

Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Fascist-Palin-

My question is why do not more people hear the message of Ron Paul? And Rand for that matter. So many with their heads in the sand. Or bought OUT!

Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Ostrich_looking
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun May 29, 2011 8:49 am

Haha, love the ostrich Micjer. Brilliant. I loved Ron Paul's speech too. Why is it that he needs to tell them though? The rest of the World can see it!! I so worry for all you dear people living in the US. The rest of the World because they want to rule that too, but I fear it will be the American people who will suffer most for that in the short and long term. You seem to be the ones they are practising on for the type of control they want worldwide. Crying or Very sad
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun May 29, 2011 1:35 pm

“The latest CNN National Poll has me at 12 percent, and within the margin of error from first place! Somehow, Rudy is leading and I think we can all remember how easy he is be to beat

Giuliani 16% Romney 15% Palin 13% Paul 12%” — Ron Paul

He is running for white house!!

My cooworkers who do accept vacines, do not know about organic food difference and do not know about chemicals in our sky, they all would vote for Ron Paul. hmmm...

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun May 29, 2011 7:46 pm

I attended a Ron Paul rally in 2007, and it changed my life. I was amazed at how many young people were supporting Dr. Paul. I campaigned for him in 2008. 'A Foreign Policy of Freedom' by Ron Paul is an excellent record of his speeches throughout the years. IMHO the Secret Government Issues are going to have to be dealt with in excruciating detail, and this will NOT be a pleasant experience. I have opted to deal with constitutional issues at the solar system level. At the national level, the end seems to be near.
    Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" UN_Fish_USARon Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" New-york-united-nations-new-york-city-ny287Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" United-nations-sculpture-3Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Real-world_united-nations_smallRon Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" 12ac762bb2b810b416f9b16aefb998ff_w600Ron Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Paulheart_deesRon Paul "The Last Nail Is Being Driven Into The Coffin Of The American Republic" Ron-Paul-Jedi-of-Republic-thumb
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:49 am

GOP trying to redistrict Ron Paul out of office

A Democratic consultant says that it is no coincidence that a proposed congressional redistricting map would significantly alter District 14, the seat firmly held by Ron Paul for the last fourteen years.

The proposed redistricting would add 300,000 new voters to district 14, encompassing areas previously dominated by pro-labor, pro-government, New Deal Democrat Jack Brooks, a philosophical and political polar opposite to Ron Paul, according to Infowars.com.

“This is clearly a shot taken by the Republican establishment against the hero of the tea party,” Democratic operative Jeff Crosby says.

“By giving him more than 300,000 new voters, it's clear the Republican establishment doesn't want Ron Paul to come back after he finishes his race for president.”

The changes would see the entirety of Jefferson County moved to Ron Paul's jurisdiction, encompassing the city of Beaumont. A larger portion of Galveston County would also be shifted into the district.

Ron Paul has held district 14 since 1997. The area is larger than the state of Massachusetts and covers some 22 counties. It is predominantly made up of rural land used for ranching and farming.

The Congressman spends a great deal of time in the area and frequently travels around the huge district, which can involve round trips of over 300 miles.

Paul has acted as a constant thorn in the side of the party establishment, consistently and strictly voting in line with the Constitution, rather than towing the party line. Infowars.com
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:49 am

And then we read about things like this regarding the current points.

QUOTE:

http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/42183
    This is ludicrous – what do you think this little trip cost us taxpayers? What an XXX!

THE LONDON PAPER ON OBAMA'S OFFICIAL VISIT
    MONDAY, MAY 17, 2010

An Entourage Surpassing the Queen's...
    by Dale McFeatters
    President Obama showed up at the G-20 summit in London with everything but the proverbial kitchen sink-although he did bring the White House chef and the kitchen staff.

The heads of government in London for the G-20 summit are discussing serious and weighty issues, which in time will be duly reported on, but right now the British press is entranced by the sheer size of President Obama's traveling entourage. And no wonder.

Obama arrived with 500 staff in tow, including 200 Secret Service agents a team of six doctors, the White House chef and kitchen staff with the President's own food and water.

And, according to the Evening Standard, he also came with "35 vehicles in all, four speech writers and 12 teleprompters." For sure, our president is not going to be at a loss for words.

The press duly reported on Air Force One and all its bells and whistles but also on the presence of the presidential helicopter, Marine One, and a fleet of identical decoys to ferry him from Stansted airport to central London.

Among all those vehicles is the presidential limousine, which one local paper mistakenly called Cadillac One, but is universally referred to as the Beast. The limo, reinforced with ceramic and titanium armor, carries a tear gas cannon, night vision devices and its own oxygen and is resistant to chemical and radiation attack. It is, marveled one reporter, a sort of mobile panic room. The Guardian called it "the ultimate in heavily armored transport."

The president is entitled to all the security, communications and support he feels necessary to do his job but surely, when we're trying to project a more restrained, humble image to the world, the president's huge retinue could be scaled back to something less than the triumphal march from "Aida."

And you thought that we were in the depths of a deep recession/"dire crisis" that requires Americans of all walks of life to make sacrifices! Silly You!
    http://malcontentralphie.blogspot.com/2010/05/entourage-surpassing-queens.html

"What a display of arrogance! These two, Michelle and Barry, act like kids in a candy store---and its our candy that they are squandering by taking 500 of their closest friends to London. Just think, we are nearly bankrupt and Obama takes 500 staffers for a 3-day "official visit" to the UK. If you're not sure what "big government" is, take a look at this.

But you have already read about this in your local newspaper.
    You didn't? Okay then, you saw it on CNN? No? Gee, I wonder why our media is failing to report these facts to the American people?

You and I may never see health care again the way it used to be, but "Emperor Obama" took six (6) doctors with him for a 3-day visit to London - along with 494 other essential staff."

UNQUOTE

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:40 am

One could almost believe he's the anti-christ.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:52 am

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) said Sunday that he knows that his 2008 presidential campaign was regarded in many quarters as a joke, but that no one is treating him that way now as he embarks on another bid for the White House.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy," Paul said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

"No more. No more. The people [are] coming over here," Paul said.

Paul said he wasn't too impressed with the rest of the Republican field. "So far, most of them represent the status quo....I think they're shifting a little bit because of political pressure, but who's saying bring all the troops home? Who's saying that we need sound money and we ought to believe in the constitution? Who wants to get rid of the PATRIOT Act? Who believes in property rights? You know, they're going to modify their position but they represent the status quo."

Still, Paul said he sensed that the positions he has been articulating for decades are becoming more widespread among Americans.

"I see a fantastic movement at the grassroots...The whole country is moving. The attitude toward the endless undeclared silly wars that we fight that are bankrupting us. The silliness of the Federal Reserve printing money when we need so-called wealth, the deficits that are uncontrolled," he said.

"So 'mainstream' is now thinking about these things. Before 'mainstream' was deficits don't matter, print money when you need it, endless wars, personal privacy that didn't mean anything," Paul added. "But believe me, 'mainstream' is moving in the direction that I have been talking about for a long time, and therefore nobody knows what the outcome will be in this election."

Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:39 am

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am