tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Some facts to consider...

eleni
    eleni

Some facts to consider... - Page 3 Empty Re: Some facts to consider...

Post  eleni Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:09 am

Yes, fruit is expensive if you are not living in the region it's grown- local makes more sense IMO. I know people in UK that are 100% raw and live off quite a bit of fruit, others have chosen a more vegetal raw approach with sprouting and the like, I find an all raw diet too cooling for my system- I'm thin and tend towards yin disorders anyhow and I do well on cultured goat dairy like kefir but I don't eat much in general anyhow- a piece of fruit, a salad and some juice feel fine on most days.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:46 am

Food offered to god becames purified and tasty everytime we eat.

Lets get help, more food, free food, purified while cooking and energized with good energy. There is so much to talk about prasadam food. someday...

namaste
    devakas

http://ashkuff.com/akaBlog/?p=4776

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri May 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Prasadam is ofering food to creator. What amazes me that if prayer is said to the food while cooking and before eating, the taste changes, no kidding. :)
    Remember Masaru Emoto experiment? It makes sense why many nations in the past would
    say a prayer before dinner.
    Am I connecting something here...scratch

devakas
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Hilarious! people buying fresh meat

I think people are naturaly not accepting it rejecting it, so we are mislead, tricked in to the meat business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUoCZOOxgv8&feature=player_embedded

How people would react if “there were glass walls in the slaughterhouses…”, when they are exposed to the truth! Unfortunately when people are disconnected from the gruesome reality of the source of their bloody food at the slaughterhouses they don’t feel the pain suffered by animals so they can have their unethical meals. See in this video how educated people would become in this humanitarian subject if slaughterhouses had glass walls and able to perceive that macabre reality.

If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian. –Paul McCartney

Any religion or philosophy which is not based on respect for life is not a true religion or philosophy. –Dr Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)

Animals are my friends… and I don’t eat my friends. –George Bernard Shaw

A man of my spiritual intensity does not eat corpses. –George Bernard Shaw

Jesus was a Vegetarian as well as all his apostles. This video addresses the historical and biblical proof.

devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Join the Revolution Wink

http://vimeo.com/27954764

The Karen
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Some facts to consider... - Page 3 69180110
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Saturday, April 7, 2012
    ARSENIC FOUND IN FACTORY-FARMED CHICKEN
    NEW STUDY FINDS TRACES
    OF ARSENIC IN CHICKEN

source-www.abc4.com -

Some facts to consider... - Page 3 Chicke10

If you thought “pink slime” was bad, here’s something else to consider - arsenic in your chicken. Scientists from both Arizona State University and Johns Hopkins University examined ground chicken feathers from six states and China. Similar to human hair, feathers reveal traces of chemicals an animal has been exposed to. Arsenic, a known carcinogen, was found in every feather sample. “We were kind of floored. It’s unbelievable what we found,” says Keeve E. Nachman, a scientist at the Johns Hopkins University Center for a Livable Future. In addition to the arsenic, the studies revealed a laundry list of other chemicals found in the feathers: antibiotics that were banned by the FDA for poultry production in 2005, acetaminophen, the antihistamine used in Benadryl which reduces their anxiety in order to speed up their growth and improve the taste of their meat, and caffeine which keeps chickens awake so they eat more.

The arsenic is used to give poultry meat a pleasant pink color. It also reduced infections in chickens. Odorless and tasteless, arsenic is a metalloid that is somewhat naturally occurring in drinking water supplies and can cause the thickening and discoloration of the skin, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, numbness in hands and feet, partial paralysis, and blindness (not to mention cancer) if consumed in high, or even moderate, quantities over time. The EPA has set a strict standard for arsenic levels in drinking water, but oddly no arsenic standard exists for food. The National Chicken Council is shooting down the findings, claiming the study only examined feathers, not meat. They also claim that arsenic is not used as an additive for US produced chickens. Scientists admit since more research is needed, they’re not sure if there’s an immediate danger in eating chicken right now. A spokesperson for the FDA claims they haven’t had enough time to review the studies in-depth yet.

Some facts to consider... - Page 3 Dezhif10
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Saturday, April 14, 2012
    SPICY TUNA ROLL ‘SCRAPE’ LINKED TO SALMONELLA
    USA: YELLOWFIN TUNA LINKED TO
    SALMONELLA OUTBREAK IN 20 STATES

source -www.chicagotribune.com -

A California fish processor has voluntarily recalled 58,828 pounds of a frozen raw yellowfin tuna product because of its association with a “multi-state outbreak of Salmonella Bareilly,” according to a Food and Drug Administration announcement. “We have traced the illness back to certain lots of tuna scrape from Moon Marine,” said the FDA’s Curtis Allen. Moon Marine USA Corporation, based in Cupertino, Calif., produces a product called “Nakaochi Scrape AA or AAA,” which comes from tuna backmeat that has been scraped from the bones, the FDA said. Many of the 116 people (from 19 states including Illinois) who were sickened with Salmonella Bareilly in the last few months reported eating sushi or sashimi before getting sick. Of those who were questioned, 81 % reported eating the raw fish dish within seven days of becoming ill, said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It wasn’t until Friday evening, however, that the FDA identified the likely source as Nakaochi Scrape. Tuna scrape is often used in certain sushi, sashimi or ceviche preparations that call for a chopped or ground tuna product, most commonly spicy tuna rolls. The FDA is advising consumers to “take precautions in choosing to eat raw Nakaochi Scrape and be sure that it is not from the implicated lots.” ... Consumers should take precautions when choosing to eat raw seafood. “When in doubt, don’t eat it.” Earlier this week, Illinois reported its latest case of Salmonella Bareilly, which brought the number of cases in the state to 10, according to the state Department of Public Health. Consumers who think they might have become ill from eating possibly contaminated raw Nakaochi Scrape should consult their physicians, the FDA says.

Some facts to consider... - Page 3 Chi-fo10

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:55 am