tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Aye I make stuff

Pheryllt
    Pheryllt

Aye I make stuff Empty Aye I make stuff

Post  Pheryllt Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:18 am

Aye, I Make Stuff.
    Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
    Pheryllt Posted: Mar 21 2010, 07:55 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
    Member No.: 147

Just some of the stuff I make.
    This topic looked lonely so I decided to keep it company.

--------------------
    Bright the day...and Darker the night.

burgundia Posted: Mar 21 2010, 08:09 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91

And this is all very nice...

Bobbie Posted: Mar 21 2010, 08:18 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

WOW oh WOW. You do beautiful work. I greatly admire this talent and skill because I'm into woodmaking too. Not on your scale but small things. I made a wall mounted tea caddy once out of scraps and a few fireplace mantles in our old house. My grandfather used to make some primative type furniture. Of course, it was primative times and he didn't have the best tools.
    My current project is putting chair-rail around my kitchen and then I'll finishing running new baseboards in my bedroom and guest bedroom. Not a lot of women do this type of work but I've got the DNA from both sides. My dad used to build houses for various family members....his many sisters mostly.
    I enjoy it and it looks like you do too. Great work. My husband buys me power tools when it's gift time.

Mercuriel Posted: Mar 21 2010, 08:22 PM

Autistic Mutante

Group: Admin
    Member No.: 55

You must be a "Finish Carpenter"...
    Very nice Work there...
    Carpenter Myself but just a Framer. Not that I'm in the Industry anymore but when I was younger. I can make some nice things and have but I'm not as polished as the work I see above.
    Again, GJ.

--------------------
    Nehmashtay,
    Peace, Love, Light, Unity and Harmony...

Pheryllt Posted: Mar 21 2010, 08:34 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bobbie @ Mar 21 2010, 08:18 PM)
    WOW oh WOW. You do beautiful work. I greatly admire this talent and skill because I'm into woodmaking too. Not on your scale but small things. I made a wall mounted tea caddy once out of scraps and a few fireplace mantles in our old house. My grandfather used to make some primative type furniture. Of course, it was primative times and he didn't have the best tools.
    My current project is putting chair-rail around my kitchen and then I'll finishing running new baseboards in my bedroom and guest bedroom. Not a lot of women do this type of work but I've got the DNA from both sides. My dad used to build houses for various family members....his many sisters mostly.
    I enjoy it and it looks like you do too. Great work. My husband buys me power tools when it's gift time.

Its always great to hear of women who love power tools. I get lost in home depot even when I go for a specific item, I just wander and look at everything, especially the tools.
    Primative woodworking is amazing to me. I know what is involved with all the modern tooling we have today and to think of what people were doing with simple hand tools just boggles my mind. They were the true artisans.

--------------------

malynda Posted: Mar 21 2010, 08:39 PM

Storyteller/Truthseeker

Member No.: 153

That is some amazing work. My grandfather was a carpenter and he used to let me swing the hammer all the time. Because of him, I have been given the skill set to allow me to make and repair things on my own but nothing like what you, Pheryllt, have done. Extremely beautiful.

Pheryllt Posted: Mar 21 2010, 08:42 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mercuriel @ Mar 21 2010, 08:22 PM)
    You must be a "Finish Carpenter"...
    Very nice Work there...
    Carpenter Myself but just a Framer. Not that I'm in the Industry anymore but when I was younger. I can make some nice things and have but I'm not as polished as the work I see above.
    Again, GJ.

Not a finish carpenter so to say, I specialize in custom cabinetry. Finish carpenters do staircases and rails and some trim work that I shake my head at in amazement. I might be able to do some of what a professional finish carpenter can do but they do it better and faster than I. I focused of one part of it.
    Framing is an art unto itself. Just like anything else, it can be done well or most atrociously. I was installing a prefab kitchen in a house for someone, it was new construction, $600k house, and the wall I was installing on was off 3 1/2 inches from floor to ceiling. (as a framer, I'm sure you know exactly what went wrong) I live to install in properly framed and plastered homes. Its a nightmare when its done wrong getting my cabinets to look right.

--------------------

Pheryllt Posted: Mar 21 2010, 08:46 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (malynda @ Mar 21 2010, 08:39 PM)
    That is some amazing work. My grandfather was a carpenter and he used to let me swing the hammer all the time. Because of him, I have been given the skill set to allow me to make and repair things on my own but nothing like what you, Pheryllt, have done. Extremely beautiful.

Many thanks for the compliment. Again its good to see people who have had knowledge passed on to them from a mentor/relative that give them more independance and the confidence to fix/build things they need and can use. We as a society are moving away from builders to consumers so it warms my heart to hear from others who "get their hands dirty now and again".

--------------------

malynda Posted: Mar 21 2010, 10:05 PM

Storyteller/Truthseeker

QUOTE (Pheryllt @ Mar 21 2010, 04:46 PM)
    Many thanks for the compliment. Again its good to see people who have had knowledge passed on to them from a mentor/relative that give them more independance and the confidence to fix/build things they need and can use. We as a society are moving away from builders to consumers so it warms my heart to hear from others who "get their hands dirty now and again".

You are most welcome. I agree, it is nice to people getting their hands dirty in a good way. I feel like we are actually moving away from consumers back to builders in many respects. I see so many people in my life and the internet that are becoming gardeners and DIYers. Makes me happy to see. I've felt since I was a little girl that we would see a shift back to the simple life, the basics and welcome it with open heart. I do see the consumers probably still outnumber the builders by far.

Mercuriel Posted: Mar 21 2010, 10:08 PM

Autistic Mutante

Group: Admin
    Member No.: 55

Yeah - BUT - We got 'em on the run now - LOL...

--------------------
    Nehmashtay,
    Peace, Love, Light, Unity and Harmony...

Pheryllt Posted: Mar 21 2010, 10:26 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (malynda @ Mar 21 2010, 10:05 PM)
    QUOTE (Pheryllt @ Mar 21 2010, 04:46 PM)

You are most welcome. I agree, it is nice to people getting their hands dirty in a good way. I feel like we are actually moving away from consumers back to builders in many respects. I see so many people in my life and the internet that are becoming gardeners and DIYers. Makes me happy to see. I've felt since I was a little girl that we would see a shift back to the simple life, the basics and welcome it with open heart. I do see the consumers probably still outnumber the builders by far.

Ahhhh back to the basics. Such a great concept (and a great series of books might I add). What I wouldn't give for some acerage, a big ol barn, crops and critters right now. Add in a smattering of new tech (bio disel production to run truck,farm equip, generator; wind and solar projects; research into magnetic motor projects and hydrogen production) and I would be a super happy camper.

--------------------

malynda Posted: Mar 21 2010, 10:28 PM

Storyteller/Truthseeker

QUOTE (Mercuriel @ Mar 21 2010, 06:08 PM)
    Yeah - BUT - We got 'em on the run now - LOL...

haha Very true.

malynda Posted: Mar 21 2010, 10:29 PM

Storyteller/Truthseeker

QUOTE (Pheryllt @ Mar 21 2010, 06:26 PM)
    Ahhhh back to the basics. Such a great concept (and a great series of books might I add). What I wouldn't give for some acerage, a big ol barn, crops and critters right now. Add in a smattering of new tech (bio disel production to run truck,farm equip, generator; wind and solar projects; research into magnetic motor projects and hydrogen production) and I would be a super happy camper.

I'll have to find the books, thanks. I want that life for sure. Time to think and breathe and, well, live.

Bobbie Posted: Mar 21 2010, 11:37 PM

Advanced Member

I have been trying to attach 3 photos for the last 30 minutes, but have been unsuccessful. I even made them smaller, but no go....not even one at a time.....and they're all under 60k. Guess you'll just have to take my word for what I've done. If the tea caddy come through, I'll be surprised because it didn't show up in the preview.
    And Pheryllt, I'm with you on the farm with some outbuildings. My husband's uncle was a gentleman farmer in Georgia and so every summer he would go stay with them when he was a boy. There were always horses, cows, pigs, chickens and something new being born. He loved it. His aunt would coax him into going down by the creek to pick blackberries that were growing on the old wooden fence to make pies and jam. I call him Huckleberry Finn sometimes.

Pheryllt Posted: Mar 22 2010, 12:08 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bobbie @ Mar 21 2010, 11:37 PM)
    I have been trying to attach 3 photos for the last 30 minutes, but have been unsuccessful. I even made them smaller, but no go....not even one at a time.....and they're all under 60k. Guess you'll just have to take my word for what I've done. If the tea caddy come through, I'll be surprised because it didn't show up in the preview.
    And Pheryllt, I'm with you on the farm with some outbuildings. My husband's uncle was a gentleman farmer in Georgia and so every summer he would go stay with them when he was a boy. There were always horses, cows, pigs, chickens and something new being born. He loved it. His aunt would coax him into going down by the creek to pick blackberries that were growing on the old wooden fence to make pies and jam. I call him Huckleberry Finn sometimes.

I used photobucket (imageshack should be similar) as my host and used their IMG link (copy/paste) to imbed the images. {IMG}fullimagepathandfilename{/IMG} use square brackets instead of squiggle brackets.

--------------------

Bobbie Posted: Mar 22 2010, 01:18 AM

Advanced Member

Thank you Pheryllt, I'll give it a shot....maybe tomorrow.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    1 Members: Pheryllt
    « Next Oldest | Member's Makes | Next Newest »
    Pages: (2) 1 [2]
    Close Topic Options
    Track this topic
    Receive email notification when a reply has been made to this topic and you are not active on the board.
    Subscribe to this forum
    Receive email notification when a new topic is posted in this forum and you are not active on the board.
    Download / Print this Topic
    Download this topic in different formats or view a printer friendly version.
    Moderation Options Delete this topic Forum Home Search Help Starter Category - Guidelines - Glitches and Bugs - Suggestions for Categories - Introduce Yourself General Discussion - The Universal Lounge - News & Views Spirituality - Spiritual Sanctuary - Keylontic Sciences - Meditation & Yoga 2012 - Planet X, Nemesis, Niburu, etc. - Gregg Braden - Jim Self Community Building - Worldwide Sustainable Communities Research, Alternative Physics, etc. - Healthy Living - Free Energy and Free Energy Devices - Alternative & Esoteric Physics - Research Info, Ideas, Useful knowledge - Eco Housing - From the Garden to the Kitchen Extra Terrestrials and Other-worldly Stuff - ET Types and Characteristics Whistle Blowers - Heroes Who've passed on... - Bob Dean - David Icke World and Other Worldly Cultures, Practices and Philosophies - Occult Societies & Esoteric Groups - Thuban Philosophy and Material - Shamanic Culture, Philososphy and Practices - Paganism & Wicca Isun777's 'Art from the Heart' Corner - Member's Words - Member's Makes - Member's Music - Inspiration

••More...