tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Interview With America's No.1 Exorcist

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Interview With America's No.1 Exorcist Empty Interview With America's No.1 Exorcist

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Meet America's top exorcist, the inspiration for 'The Rite'
    By Tom Foreman, CNN

(Editor's Note: This story comes from a new CNN Special, 'Stories Reporter', with Tom Foreman which features an in-depth look at the news of the day.)

The sun was shining on the Santa Cruz Mountains. The freeway from the San Francisco airport to San Jose was still buzzing in my ears when I stepped into the parking lot of an unassuming church and the most famous exorcist in America walked up.

“Hello, I’m Father Gary Thomas.” At 57 years old, he has an easy smile, an abiding love for the Giants and strong convictions about the nature of evil.

"You believe there is a devil?" I ask him as we settle in at a small, beautiful chapel near the church.

“Yes.”

“You believe that this devil acts upon people?”

“Correct.”

He says it with the certainty that I reserve for answers to questions like, “Did you bring your lunch?” but that’s no surprise. He has faced skeptics many times and never more than now, because his life and training as an exorcist in Rome are the inspiration behind the Hollywood film "The Rite."

Continue here: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/07/the-real-exorcist-no-sympathy-for-the-devil/
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Interview With America's No.1 Exorcist Empty Re: Interview With America's No.1 Exorcist

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:50 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:Meet America's top exorcist, the inspiration for 'The Rite'
    By Tom Foreman, CNN

(Editor's Note: This story comes from a new CNN Special, 'Stories Reporter', with Tom Foreman which features an in-depth look at the news of the day.)

The sun was shining on the Santa Cruz Mountains. The freeway from the San Francisco airport to San Jose was still buzzing in my ears when I stepped into the parking lot of an unassuming church and the most famous exorcist in America walked up.

“Hello, I’m Father Gary Thomas.” At 57 years old, he has an easy smile, an abiding love for the Giants and strong convictions about the nature of evil.

"You believe there is a devil?" I ask him as we settle in at a small, beautiful chapel near the church.

“Yes.”

“You believe that this devil acts upon people?”

“Correct.”

He says it with the certainty that I reserve for answers to questions like, “Did you bring your lunch?” but that’s no surprise. He has faced skeptics many times and never more than now, because his life and training as an exorcist in Rome are the inspiration behind the Hollywood film "The Rite."

Continue here: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/07/the-real-exorcist-no-sympathy-for-the-devil/

Thank-you for posting this TRANCOSO. This stuff is real. I am trying to combine all of the material we research on this site - with my traditional Christian background. Well, I guess it's not really a TRADITIONAL Christian background. You'd have to be me to understand. It sucks to be me...

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:39 pm