tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Compass Fun

immortalisdolor
    immortalisdolor

Compass Fun Empty Compass Fun

Post  immortalisdolor Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:31 am

Been periodically watching a compass and looking for any noticeable changes, or random movements. I though it was shifting a little one evening and wondered if any one else has played around with a compass lately. It appeared to move around -3 to +3 degrees, however it could have been influenced by something else in the vicinity.

Interesting to say the least.

Last edited by immortalisdolor on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Compass Fun Empty Re: Compass Fun

Post  lawlessline Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:07 am

If Magnetic north was swinging like that there would be a lot of seasick people. The speed of the rocking would be way to much. Check there is no magnetic devises around it. Phone etc.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:45 am

My Compass is at Home. That said I'll do a reading tonight and tell You what We''re seeing up in Northern Canada...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    immortalisdolor
    immortalisdolor

Post  immortalisdolor Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:50 am

I also wonder if small fault and plate tremors could cause bizarre compass effects. I don't think this would make us seasick since it is the earth's magnetic core in question, and not the actual tilt of the earth. Yes, cell phones close up, magnets, load stones, and other frequencies could make the compass move. If the speculation about harp is true, I wonder if those frequencies could cause odd compass behaviour.

I found this article on the magnetic pole moving that was posted today March 6th.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/adjust-your-compass-now-the-north-pole-is-migrating-to-russia-2233610.html

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:32 pm