tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+7
investigator
lawlessline
reality=check
malletzky
mudra
Mercuriel
Floyd
11 posters

The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination

malletzky
    malletzky

The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination

Post  malletzky Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:36 am

Icecold, please feel welcomed in the mists Very Happy and contribute here as much as possible.

And I hope you will not feel offended by my following words:

I noticed ( I was intrigued) that you just recently joined the PA2 forum. If you were a short time lurker (sorry for using this definition) there, then you wouldn't know that the majority of the members here in the mists were members of the original PA1 forum since the begining in 2008. And that there occured some "events" last year, that caused us to leave the PA1 forum and gather here in the mists.

If you were a long time lurker, you would probably know this and already knew what happened. But this is rather a long story and if you're interested, you can find a good read about it somewhere here on this forum.

with much respect
    malletzky
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination - Page 2 Empty Re: The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:09 am

malletzky wrote:Icecold, please feel welcomed in the mists Very Happy and contribute here as much as possible.
    Ditto, Icecold - don't be put off by any harsh words.
    There is absolute freedom of speech here - & some members have a rather wicked sense of humor.
    Freedom Ancient One

As you will notice there are hardly any 'rant-threads' here, so apparently non-moderation works out fine.

malletzky wrote:But this is rather a long story and if you're interested, you can find a good read about it somewhere here on this forum.
    The 'Meanwhile at Avalon...' thread sums it pretty much up.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t321-meanwhile-at-avalon
    Adv2
    Adv2

Post  Adv2 Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 pm

This thread had piqued my interest in the questions they had, so I decided to do an experiment. Here's the email you get when they decide to turn you down ..... Lmao

One of the questions was, "What would you add to the community (or forum?I don't remember). I just replied, " Critical Thinking" and added a whole bunch of dots to fill up their 50 character limit.

--------- Response from country club avalon ----------------------------

Many thanks for your application to join the Project Avalon Forum.

Unfortunately your registration has been denied.
    The most common reason for this is that you failed to fill the membership application.(The 2nd form during registration, also in mail you received upon registering)

The other option is that what You filled in that application, failed to meet our standards.

The information you provided and your account have been removed from our database.

If you feel there's been a genuine error or a misunderstanding, please write to staff@projectavalon.net. It's our commitment to repair any misunderstandings or errors that have occurred in this process.

With our personal regards,

THE PROJECT AVALON FORUM STAFF

-------------------------------------------

Crazy Happy

Seriously ... get over yourselves.
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:35 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    malletzky wrote:Icecold, please feel welcomed in the mists Very Happy and contribute here as much as possible.
    Ditto, Icecold - don't be put off by any harsh words.
    There is absolute freedom of speech here - & some members have a rather wicked sense of humor.
    Freedom Ancient One

As you will notice there are hardly any 'rant-threads' here, so apparently non-moderation works out fine.

malletzky wrote:But this is rather a long story and if you're interested, you can find a good read about it somewhere here on this forum.
    The 'Meanwhile at Avalon...' thread sums it pretty much up.
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t321-meanwhile-at-avalon

Thanks for the welcome members of MOA.

mmmmm...read, see, I understand a little of what has happened. I knew there was a bust up at Camelot and PA1. I have posted on a thread with Samvado, he almost got banned, but wasn't. My post supported his argument and somewhat demolished his detractors. 'silent'

Is PA2 a cult? No, I don't think so, though the moderation is noticeable. I got into some hot water early on for commenting about the mods, but that was ironed out in a PM.

I am very comfortable with un-moderated forums. I started posting 12 years ago on un-moderated forums and developed a reputation for being a very aggressive poster. I've been banned so many times I've lost count. I was given my own forum by a lady because she appreciated my contributions to the bashing hall of fame. LOL. It was completely unmoderated. There were a group of BBs set up to cater for a group like myself, so we had somewhere to post. Like a prison complex of BBs. It was called the TBA, the Tri-Board area. It still exists in part. I post there now. These boards were set up about 10 years ago. Mostly inhabited by ex-military people and middle class citizens. Mainly political in content, but all topics are catered for. Universal content BBs if you like.

Now don't get me wrong, I am mellowed severely and have been for years. I can handle heavily moderated boards, or not, it makes no difference to me, its just a matter of adjusting one's verbage. You can still say the same things
    only the linguistics change, not the message.

The focus areas of your forum and the others mentioned are what interests me at this time, its important and interesting material. In the real world, I have developed, over the years (I'm old), some interesting skills and talents...a bit like those of Charles. LOL. The psychic ones I mean not the physical skills.

I'm an electronic/communications/computer engineer, ran a lightning physics company for many years and now I teach. On my journey I have had the good fortune of meeting people who have taught me things. I am a fairly good energy healer and I was taught by a knowledgeable lady a technique which allowed me to see energy fields of all kinds. So my interest in these topics is quite high.

I'm inquisitive and don't appreciate BS.

Finally I am very glad to be accepted as a member of this forum of self-imposed outcasts. Know that feeling. LOL.

Cheers.

silent silent
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 pm

You are very welcome in the Mists Icecold .
    I hear the wisdom of " old age " Wink
    Thank you for your sense of humor and good vibrations.
    Although your avatar says "icecold" your Heart is alive and warm.
    Have a great time amongst us .

cheers

Love from me
    mudra
    investigator
    investigator

Post  investigator Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:23 am

The problem with Project Avalon 1 forum, and Project Avalon 2 forum is its unauthentic, even if you post stuff that is true in alignment with their rules, you can still get banned on a complete whim, just because the mods and owners do not agree with your political opinion. That was the main reason this forum was created, because you can say whatever you want, as long as the rules aren't broken.
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks Mudra Very Happy

I enjoy being among like-minded people and will seek to contribute where I can and learn as I go along.

Hi Investigator,

can you give me an example of banning because of political opinion?

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:52 am

Adv2 wrote:This thread had piqued my interest in the questions they had, so I decided to do an experiment. Here's the email you get when they decide to turn you down ..... Lmao

One of the questions was, "What would you add to the community (or forum?I don't remember). I just replied, " Critical Thinking" and added a whole bunch of dots to fill up their 50 character limit.

--------- Response from country club avalon ----------------------------

Many thanks for your application to join the Project Avalon Forum.

Unfortunately your registration has been denied.
    The most common reason for this is that you failed to fill the membership application.(The 2nd form during registration, also in mail you received upon registering)

The other option is that what You filled in that application, failed to meet our standards.

The information you provided and your account have been removed from our database.

If you feel there's been a genuine error or a misunderstanding, please write to staff@projectavalon.net. It's our commitment to repair any misunderstandings or errors that have occurred in this process.

With our personal regards,

THE PROJECT AVALON FORUM STAFF

-------------------------------------------

Crazy Happy

Seriously ... get over yourselves.

I never gave these buffoons the luxury of recieving an application from me. Its monumentally pathetic. You can see how its effected them energetically though. All the quality posters they had quit or were booted. Of Those that did crawl over there to join them, many have either left or have been booted by his holiness.
    Now it looks nothing like what it once was. A lame shaddow of its former self with hundreds of folk non the wiser posting reams of rubbish on nonsense such as the charlie farlie material.

Best to leave them them to their little fantasy world.
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 am

Your words have the flavour of bitterness. Forget them if you're vexed, its not worth the negativity eh? You have friends here, why worry about what happens elsewhere. Neutral

There is enough negative feelings in the world without adding more. silent

Tell me, what's your favourite forum besides this one?

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 am

icecold wrote:Your words have the flavour of bitterness. Forget them if you're vexed, its not worth the negativity eh? You have friends here, why worry about what happens elsewhere. Neutral

There is enough negative feelings in the world without adding more. silent

Tell me, what's your favourite forum besides this one?

Im neither bitter nor vexed. Merely bringing them back down to earth where they belong with the rest of us. A reminder of sorts. No negativity.
    See it as you will.
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:58 am

Well you have certainly made your point.

I for one get it.

Anything else you'd like to say on the matter before you.....
    leave them them to their little fantasy world.
    ?

I'm not slow on the uptake and in my view you've made your point clear as crystal.

Now can we move on?
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:20 am

icecold wrote:
    Now can we move on?

You can do Whatever you like. Youre a big boy now, right?

Others here will do the same you will find.

There are other threads available if this one is not to your liking. I believe they dont discuss such things in PA which is why we are free to do so here. As you may have observed, I am not alone on this matter in this forum.
    I hope you have an enjoyable stay here and enjoy the wide variety of threads. I understand you are member of Project Avalon also. We have several members here who have decided to be in both and seem happy enough.
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:35 am

You're right.

Spending time on a thread that is about ripping up and belittling other people is probably not the best place to post.

Point taken.

I'll leave you to your work.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 am

If you substitute the words ripping up and bellitling for "a highly critical analysis of the demise of a once constructive forum and and its poor replacement by former members" then you would be closer to the truth. I personally see Avalon in its curent incarnation as counter productive.

Its not my work but it consitutes the point of view of many on this forum

Its understandable that those who are part of Avalon dont want this point of view to exist as it challenges them. Something they have an aversion to. Challenge. Questioning.

You know..the things usually associated with freedom of expression.
    investigator
    investigator

Post  investigator Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi Icecold here is an example of evidence http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t510-unethical-censorship-of-true-information-on-project-avalon-forum-and-social-elitism-my-story.

In this thread I clearly proved that Mike Quincy committed fraud and David Wilcocks praised people that committed fraud, but it was censored from Project Avalon Forum 1, merely because they didn't like my political opinion, the rules were not broken in my threads by me personally. David Wilcocks really doesn't do any homework on the people he associates with, and I guess my evidence was embarrassing to them, so they wanted it buried. .Although, anyone with a political opinion the mods supported were allowed to break the rules attacking me. Then there was the case of Viking getting bitched at by Bill, when he didn't even do anything wrong, for example he posted channeled material in their channeled material section. I don't even agree with Viking's material, but I used to be at the same state of mind he was at years ago, so I understand where he is coming from, and I don't even bother to say anything if I don't agree with someone elses channeled material. Additionally, floyd is a good guy, but it is an emotional thing to have happen, when people you looked up to in the past treat you like garbage, just for having a different political opinion, so please take that in mind. The most intelligent members post on MOA, second most intelligent on Camelot Forum (Tommy isn't that much into censorship in all fairness), and the least intelligent on Project Avalon Forum 2 haha jk jk jk.
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 am

investigator wrote:Hi Icecold here is an example of evidence http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t510-unethical-censorship-of-true-information-on-project-avalon-forum-and-social-elitism-my-story.

In this thread I clearly proved that Mike Quincy committed fraud and David Wilcocks praised people that committed fraud, but it was censored from Project Avalon Forum 1, merely because they didn't like my political opinion, the rules were not broken in my threads by me personally. David Wilcocks really doesn't do any homework on the people he associates with, and I guess my evidence was embarrassing to them, so they wanted it buried. .Although, anyone with a political opinion the mods supported were allowed to break the rules attacking me. Then there was the case of Viking getting bitched at by Bill, when he didn't even do anything wrong, for example he posted channeled material in their channeled material section. I don't even agree with Viking's material, but I used to be at the same state of mind he was at years ago, so I understand where he is coming from, and I don't even bother to say anything if I don't agree with someone elses channeled material. Additionally, floyd is a good guy, but it is an emotional thing to have happen, when people you looked up to in the past treat you like garbage, just for having a different political opinion, so please take that in mind. The most intelligent members post on MOA, second most intelligent on Camelot Forum (Tommy isn't that much into censorship in all fairness), and the least intelligent on Project Avalon Forum 2 haha jk jk jk.

Hello Investigator, well met.

You won't get any argument from me regarding Wilcock, I think he regurgitates common knowledge as epiphanies or prophetic utterances. I have said as much numerous times on PR AV2. I've also mentioned his capitalist motivations. Viking is a good poster, he's well respected. There are quite a few members who find David Wilcock not to be the full quid and have said as much. Most of DWs supporters are Chinese members (apparently). Funny that one of his main focus areas is China Hmmm
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:32 am

Anychance of making a cartoon out of this thread? I think its got some great ideas for the Cartoon Cahnnel. Thats channel as it TV station not the channeling news from DW.

Great read made me laugh anyway.

Welcome Ice

t
    icecold
    icecold

Post  icecold Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:34 am

lawlessline wrote:Anychance of making a cartoon out of this thread? I think its got some great ideas for the Cartoon Cahnnel. Thats channel as it TV station not the channeling news from DW.

Great read made me laugh anyway.

Welcome Ice

t

Thanks lawlessline

LOL. Funny.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am

The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination - Page 2 398052
    Russia
    The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination - Page 2 Hidamari-sketch-x-365
    Italia
    The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination - Page 2 00221917e13e0cd05c6101
    AV2

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 am

The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination - Page 2 Image9
    Just for you Tom.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:45 am

The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination - Page 2 Exam-cartoon
    AV2 Epic Fail. I was banned for posting here about the AV2 admin. This was
    after spending hundreds of hours as a volunteer mod at AV1 prior to dickface.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:03 am

The Mists of Avalon Entrance Examination - Page 2 Cropped-happiness_by_wint3r884
    Mists

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:05 am

Funny..Im just listening to 'happiness is the road' but I agree with your sentiment Carol. Naturally.
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:53 am

If there's one song that expresses the way I felt when PA1 was so ruthlesly assasinated by BILL RYAN, it's this one...

Faithless - Bring My Family Back - Glastonbury 1999

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:38 am