tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+5
Zedd
devakas
ClearWater
Mercuriel
UncleJohn
9 posters

Showing others how to feel God or Love

UncleJohn
    UncleJohn

Showing others how to feel God or Love Empty Showing others how to feel God or Love

Post  UncleJohn Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 pm

I have a problem. I want to show others how to feel God or Love. I have no clue.

Perhaps others here can help me.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Showing others how to feel God or Love Empty Re: Showing others how to feel God or Love

Post  Mercuriel Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:46 pm

I don't know if I can show You Love but I can and will be Love respecting You as another aspect of the One...

Heh heh

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Showing others how to feel God or Love Empty Re: Showing others how to feel God or Love

Post  ClearWater Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:48 pm

The secret is that there is no secret to teach.
    Love someone and they will know what it is to feel love.
    No grand pronouncements are necessary.
    Say "Hello" like you're truly happy to see them.
    Listen.
    Be present.
    Smile.

Showing others how to feel God or Love Icon_sunny
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:16 am

Love is not casual thing as many think and say

Last edited by devakas on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:15 am

Lets go Exploring Love. Showing others how to feel God or Love Herz Showing others how to feel God or Love Icon_cheers
    What is love? Where is it? And how can we get it?
    Love, we are told, is all we need. It is the subject of numberless books,
    songs, movies, conversations; it is meditated on, longed for, and bemoaned;
    it is a source of anguish, ecstasy, and everything in between.
    Yet despite our ability today to acquire many things, love,
    any love - or loving relationships with our friends, spouses,
    children, parents, even god- often eludes us.
    Why? Let us explore the nature of true love - the warm, deep,
    personal, and profoundly tender feeling of affection. Why,
    even though we crave it, does it bewitchingly escape us?
    True Love's Characteristics
    True love is not casual but is an act of will that requires the
    lover's concentration on and commitment to the beloved - ("mind attached").
    In other words, love is about my beloved's- and not my own- thoughts,
    feelings, and desires. True love is selfless. One who would love is
    concerned with and alert to the beloved in every sphere of life.
    In fact, one who would love sees everything in relation to the beloved
    and sees the beloved everywhere. This does not mean losing oneself
    in the infatuation of love, but finding oneself. Those who truly love
    understand their own identity ("realized knowledge"), and they act in
    accord with that understanding.
    True love can be practiced only in freedom- that is, when the one
    who would love is not driven by selfish desire and thus controlled by
    lust, greed, envy, anger, or any any kind of personal ambition.
    Action in freedom has got some meaning, but when we are not free-
    when we are in the clutches of illusion ("maya")- our so called freedom
    has no value.
    Those who would love are selfdisciplined in all aspects of life
    because a lack of self-discipline means slavery to sensual demands.
    While contemplating the objects of the five senses, a person develops attachment
    for them, from that demand to others arises, and from lust anger arises.
    From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delution bewilderment of memory.
    When memory is bewildered, intelligence is lost, and when intelligence is
    lost one falls down again into the material pool.
    Without self-discipline, without sense of control, there is no freedom,
    and without freedom we are driven by passion, not by love.
    On the other hand, love keeps self-discipline from becomming dry and budensome.
    So, self-discipline allows love to develop, and that love keeps self-discipline
    fresh rather than hackneyed or touched by eather pride or resentment.
    Next, true love is unmotivated ("causeless"). One who would love gives
    pleasure to the beloved without conditions, without expectation of return,
    without calculating "Am I getting as much as I'm giving?"
    True love is also patient, determined, enthusiastic, and unceasing "unbroken");
    it desires the good of the beloved from whatever source that good may come.
    And it is an act of faith: One who would love trusts the beloved. He is in
    supreme place in the "lover's" heart.
    Whoever is of little faith will also be of little love.
    These qualities of true love appeal deeply to us because we want to love
    and be loved to this true love standard. But in the name of love in our loveless world
    self gratification rules as if you please my 5 senses, my self-image, and my self-esteem,
    I may "love" you. Many "loves" fail for deep and lasting connections. Selfish desire
    destroys our objectivity and chains us to society's massive, pervasive and degrading
    suggestion-apparatus.
    How can we be free of those "loves"? Each one of us is called upon to become free,
    to make a fundamental shift from selfishness to selflessness, from me-centered to
    they-centered life. Then we will no longer wonder if we are capable of true love
    or if such love even exists.
    from Vedic insights
    Showing others how to feel God or Love Icon_study
    Zedd
    Zedd

Post  Zedd Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:14 am

you have to be that which you wish to emanate, if you are not, whatever you "show" will be false.

Z
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:19 am

Hidden in the lyrics from the well known song "More then words" by Extreme, I've personaly found the perfect explanation of loving someone without words. Showing, by emotions and feelings, is the strongest way to love.

Saying "I love you"

is not the words I want to hear from you

it's not that I want you

not to say it but if you only knew

how easy it would be to show me how you feel

More than words

is all you have to do to make it real

then you wouldn't have to say

that you love me

'cause I'd already know

What would you do

if my heart was torn in two

more than words to show you feel

that your love for me is real

What would you say

if I took those words away

then you couldn't make things new

just by saying "I love you"

More than words

Now that I've tried to

talk to you and make you understand

all you have to do is

close your eyes and just reach out your hand

and touch me hold me close

don't ever let me go

More than words

is all I ever needed you to show

than you wouldn't have to say

that you love me

'cause I'd already known

What would you do

if my heart was torn in two

more than words to show you feel

that your love for me is real

What would you say

if I took those words away

then you couldn't make things new

just by saying "I love you"
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:25 am

Love comes from within all that we can do is to be love and wait for others to find it within themselves

Showing others how to feel God or Love Icon_flower
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:27 am

Be the Love you want to share as it will connect you with all that is
    for Love is who we are now and always .

Love for You
    mudra
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:21 pm

To meet everything and everyone through stillness instead of mental noise is the greatest gift you can offer the the universe.

-Eckhart Tolle

BC
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:17 am

I found this in my travels, I thought it may be a good start :)

Showing others how to feel God or Love Herz
    UncleJohn
    UncleJohn

Post  UncleJohn Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:24 am

Thanks for the song “More than words” by Extreme. Music and art transcend words. Alas, I have no talent for either.

Thanks for Rumi,'s “Say I am you” I've often wondered want it would be like to be in the presence of Rumi. The closest person that I have joy of being in the presence of was Jerry Garci.

Thanks for showing me to the “global love day” and http://thelovefoundation.com/

I will not give up my pursuit to try to express my feelings. I don't expect ever to be successful, but I know I will not stop. This forum is such a wonderful place for me to take a stab at it.

I suspect that the real key to feelings is freedom of thought. The whole human race is the subject of mind control. We can not travel in the higher dimensions that surround us. We are not even aware of these higher dimensions.

God never says to me that s/he loves me and I never say to God that I love him/her. Totally unnecessary and would just get in the way.

Most are not aware of freedom of thought. The fact that one can pursue freedom of thought is not held in esteem. Most think they are completely free to think anything.

But people, you are not even free to consider the solutions to your and our problems. My sufi mentor, Sam Lewis, said that people were not interested in solutions to their problems unless they could own the process of coming up with the solution. If you own something, it can not be free. This restriction is why it is so hard to show others how to feel God or love.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 am

UncleJohn wrote:Thanks for the song “More than words” by Extreme. Music and art transcend words. Alas, I have no talent for either.

Thanks for Rumi,'s “Say I am you” I've often wondered want it would be like to be in the presence of Rumi. The closest person that I have joy of being in the presence of was Jerry Garci.

Thanks for showing me to the “global love day” and http://thelovefoundation.com/

I will not give up my pursuit to try to express my feelings. I don't expect ever to be successful, but I know I will not stop. This forum is such a wonderful place for me to take a stab at it.

I suspect that the real key to feelings is freedom of thought. The whole human race is the subject of mind control. We can not travel in the higher dimensions that surround us. We are not even aware of these higher dimensions.

God never says to me that s/he loves me and I never say to God that I love him/her. Totally unnecessary and would just get in the way.

Most are not aware of freedom of thought. The fact that one can pursue freedom of thought is not held in esteem. Most think they are completely free to think anything.

But people, you are not even free to consider the solutions to your and our problems. My sufi mentor, Sam Lewis, said that people were not interested in solutions to their problems unless they could own the process of coming up with the solution. If you own something, it can not be free. This restriction is why it is so hard to show others how to feel God or love.

Hi Unclejohn, I agree with you that humanity is under mind control. That control starts in childhood when we lose trust for those that care for us and get punished. That is the same moment we close to love because we learn that there is a quid pro quo and that love is not unconditional. But we have a choice when we grow up and it is to explore the possibility of what if all that we have learned is not adecuated, what if instead of "seeing is believing" is "believing is seeing"

I believe in free thinking and in going into the depths of our subconsciouss to resolve our own conundrums

For me love is a force not a feeling that represents the very essence of source. Since all is source and withing source all is love. Not just the nice things, all that is inside and outside is love, the good, the bad and the ugly

My best wishes on your explorations Showing others how to feel God or Love Icon_biggrin
    truth and integrity

Showing others how to feel God or Love Empty Showing others how to feel God or Love

Post  truth and integrity Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:59 pm

It is a very good question. Love is a verb. To show love means to love unconditionally, allowing and encouraging people to be who they really are. To love means to love from the core of our individuality with kindness, generosity of soul and respect. Furthermore, we are emotional beings who experience this reality through feelings and emotions. This is a God given birthright; therefore, in order to show others love we need to be fully alive. But to be fully alive, we need to experience all feelings and emotions from desperation to hope, from hate to love. Furthermore, life without passion is not worth living. Confucius said:” Wherever you go, go with your heart”. In fact, when love and passion becomes one, magic follows. It applies to loving others as well as loving what we are doing. Everybody has gifts that need to be shared with others. It is another way of showing love, therefore, we need to discover our gifts and passionately immerse in it. The best music, poems, art, or performance were created from a place of passion.

Love,
    t&i

Showing others how to feel God or Love 081
    Balance
    Balance

Post  Balance Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:50 pm

One Love Showing others how to feel God or Love 934918 Showing others how to feel God or Love 934918 Showing others how to feel God or Love 934918
    HappyHappy JoyJoy

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zlfKdbWwruY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zlfKdbWwruY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Balance
    Balance

Post  Balance Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Balance wrote:One Love Showing others how to feel God or Love 934918 Showing others how to feel God or Love 934918 Showing others how to feel God or Love 934918
    HappyHappy JoyJoy

with almost 28,000,000 (million) views.....someone is getting the message.
    Love is All there is~~~~
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:07 pm

UncleJohn wrote:

Well we are not our name , we are not our minds , we are not our thoughts and neither are we are we our bodies . How can we then be mind controlled ? It seems that the entire problem of the soul then is to unconsciously identify it self with a myriad of things . The more you realize all that you are not .. the more freedom you gain until all that you are left with is Love .. not a mental concept but a pure state of aware being that connects you in bliss with all that is . An eternal boundless flow .

Love from me
    mudra
    UncleJohn
    UncleJohn

Post  UncleJohn Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Not only do I want to share with humans how to feel God or love, I want the whole universe to experience this.

It is hard enough trying to get this through to humans, how do I get this through to all the many sentient beings throughout the whole universe?

I love a good problem.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 pm

UncleJohn wrote:Not only do I want to share with humans how to feel God or love, I want the whole universe to experience this.

It is hard enough trying to get this through to humans, how do I get this through to all the many sentient beings throughout the whole universe?

I love a good problem.

Hold that thought, Uncle John. It sounds as if your heart is expanding so quickly, you want to share the biggest love we get to know.
    You are good for the universe. Or shall I say, Your good is for the universe. Wait a minute- you are good in the universe.
    All in the universe is one, so your love in this one is everywhere. As we maintain our vigils, it changes before our eyes.
    If Source is hiding out a bit longer in the dark in places, so be it. We don't have to go there. I like the way you live this good with your little gifts after good parking places,etc.
    That is charming, and who knows what sunshine that opens up for the recipients.

With Great Respect For A Wonderful Fellow Traveler,
    Bushycat

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 am