tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Tech Tips

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Tech Tips  Empty Tech Tips

Post  NANUXII Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:21 pm

Hi Mods / Admin

can we have a tech sticky for those tech savvy to post things of use for the average user , in relation but not limited to the following ?

cy ber sec urity ( on line computer stuff )

Alternate operating systems , using Linux based systems and moving away from intel based os'

Advantages of a live Linux based os and how to get one

and general info on what your devices are capable of ( that most of us didn't know ) and how to increase your privacy.

N
    N

mudra likes this post

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Tech Tips  Empty Re: Tech Tips

Post  NANUXII Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:50 pm

Ok So this post is to introduce the current ethos out in the internet , what is happening re hacking and stealing / phishing info , how easy it is and some tips on securing your private information from the myriad of vulnerabilities in most operating systems mainly intel / microsoft based systems and apple / android systems.

Now these tips will never fully secure you from these threats , but it will reduce the chances of you losing data greatly.

I asked a dear friend of mine who was a senior director for intel for the AFP. ,  if i can secure my intellectual property on my on line computer. His response was ,

" un plug your computer , drive out into the middle of the desert , bury it 6 feet under and maybe you have a chance "  

That was 12 years ago .... imagine the tech they have today !

ok, Ill go straight into saying it , most of us on here already know this , but your phone and laptop have been specifically engineered to spy on you with countless backdoor openings allowed for exploits.  Pretty much all anti virus and firewall apps are designed to allow anyone with the right tech to get in there without you knowing it.

heres a video to explain this ...

even bitdefender , which imo is a really good anti virus system , has vulnerabilities.

Some tech companies design software that can call your phone and without you even answering it and can install a trojan program that will give them access to everything in your phone. One of which is called Pegasus , now before you get all excited about that , please note that if youve been infected with this bug it means you are a high value target. Mind you watered down versions of this software are commonly avail on line.

Here is a video explaining how pegasus works , its a long one but very interesting none the less.

Ok So onto my next tip , You can reduce vulnerabilities by not using standard mobile phones and microsoft based programs. The vulnerabilities are generally created by these great little things called " Apps "  such a cute name ... but pretty much every app has back door operations that take your data and re use / on sell it to other companies. A lot of apps talk to each other and cooperate in doing this.

Best part of this is you wouldnt even know its happening ...   Please also note that any app that says it is encrypted and secure is a flat out lie. Not because the manufacturer is lying to you , but because any app can be hacked and used against you, especially if you think its secure.

IMPORTANT NOTICE :  This info will not stop the alphabets looking at everything you do.  

this info is not designed for that and to be honest i wouldnt know where to begin to get that level of security whilst using a public isp.

So with that out of the way here is a list of phones that are designed to be more secure, most of them are way too expensive but one of them is in the average persons price range.

so here is the link , its a good read and note the article is dated but newer versions of these phones are available.

https://www.cashify.in/top-5-most-secure-phones-in-the-world-that-cant-be-hacked

OK So onto the next subject , Linux based OS' ...  I have been using Linux for almost 12 years ( notice thats around the time my friend shared that info with me )

Here is a list of decent free distros for beginners

https://www.tecmint.com/top-most-popular-linux-distributions/

Heres a list of distros for medium to advanced users which have a security slant.

https://www.tecmint.com/best-security-centric-linux-distributions/

Now heres the good bit , 90% of these operating systems are FREE !!!  mind you i would at least show some appreciation to give a donation to these suppliers if you se their tech.

Ok so heres an awesome video i found that really dives into a typical users network and all of the vulnerabilities that they have. This video will also give you some fun tips you can do easily to test your network and see if you have any back end vulnerabilities.

Post Note :  

I use 3 different systems , all are live systems , my most secure one is live encrypted cd os, on a 15 year old lap top that has had the hard drive , bluetooth,  camera and microphone array de soldered and physically removed.  It also has an analog hard wired switch wired between the wifi transmitter and the pc board.  Thats the unit i use to SOMETIMES transmit sensitive design info to my clients and collaborators.   It is sending through a vpn and through a privately owned isp.

I dont always trust that to get the job done so the rest of my work is all on dead tree and my dead tree book is occasionally given to collaborators to copy notes and designs into their dead tree book, whilst im standing there watching them do it.

WHY NANOO WHYYYY !!!! ?????    Because i dont want to spend years designing something to on sell to a company that has been hacked and released before i could.

Ill keep adding to this thread as time goes on but for now you got some cool things to sift through and learn.

Many Hugs !

N
    N

ClearWater likes this post

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:11 am

This post is about how you can check the back end of your internet connection for open ports. Open ports are how hackers can get into your pc or device and get your personal info etc.

Now its a pretty easy test to do and its just 2 steps,

Number 1

go to this site https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and get your ip address , highlight and copy it ...

Number 2

then what you do is paste your ip addy into the " scan your network " tab on the below site.

https://pentest-tools.com/home

give it a couple of seconds... it will show you how many open ports you have. Ideally you only want 1 port and thats port 80. if you have more then you have a leak or someone has a bridge into your pc or device.

N
    N

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Tech Tips  Empty 7 Day Radiation Reduction Test

Post  NANUXII Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:35 am

7 Day Radiation Reduction Test.

Ok for this exersise try the following.

At night before you go to bed turn off all wifi / internet modems , mobile phones, smart appliances etc in fact anything that has a transceiver in it.

Turn them all off for 7 days before you go to bed. Any mobile phones after youve turned them off, you can put them into an older micro wave to stop them interacting.

Now id like you to notice the difference in your sleep and your dreaming.

N
    N
    NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:32 pm

Allow me to share something very interesting , i have been pen testing several wifi units for security. And have found one that is pretty much the best so far.

Its from a company that has recently come under scrutiny from the usg. That piqued my curiocity and prompted me to do the former.

huawei technologies. From guandong china.

I have several of their mobile wifi units , i use one in my car for my nav system and other things. I did a back end test on this unit and 2 of my other wifi units , one being this bad boy here

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-wi-fi-router/

another is this one

https://www.belkin.com/ph/p/P-F9K1113/

the 2 above being the belken and the wirecutter have very solid back end firewall security , in pen testing them i still found up to 17 back end ports being accessed, the wirecutter had as little as 5 to 7 ... now thats pretty good but its still too many open ports.

When i tested the huwei i only found port 80 open , every time i test it it only has the one port open. Even when i have multiple tabs open.

SO i think i know why the usg. is so opposed to this tech. similar to this one...

https://www.4gltemall.com/huawei-e585-3g-mobile-umts-hsdpa-7-2mbps-wireless-wifi-hotspot.html

now i know if they wanted to they could get past its firewall and encryption, and ill repeat , im not opposed to the alphabets doing their job, the majority of people working at these agencies are people of high moral value. And again this thread is not in opposition to them. Actually i thank the gods they are there because without them we would be truly up the river in a barb wire boat.

Now, not only does it offer the best security i can get from a civilian isp, its faster than even my wirecutter ! which you would think with all the bells and whistles would be a badass.. and it is, but it fades in comparison to the huawei.

Just a side note , if your internet connection is slow ... slower than normal , or gotten slower over time , its because you are sharing your bandwidth with other users who may have a trojan or back end mim tech siphoning your bandwidth. I would go as far as re installing your software once a month and generate new pass codes that are at least 8 to 10 digits using a mixture of symbols, numbers caps and non caps.

the Huwei mobile wifi units are cheap to buy , easy to set up and offer great value and security. You may be paying a premium for your internet through one of these things but thats been set up on purpose so you go the cheaper option.

When i was using the belken unit it was wired through the phone line and i paid 60 aud per month and it was all i needed. The Huwei is costing me between 75 and 90 per month but the extra 20 aud is priceless because of the added security and internet speed is at least double. I was getting an average of 480 kbps on the belken which is pretty slow... The Huwei is anywhere between 900 kbps to 1400 kbps which is almost triple the speed !

Anyway i hope this has been helpful

Safe surfing

N
    N

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:01 am

I found a guy on line that tracks down on line hacking scams and makes videos in real time of him baiting the scammer and then gaining access to the computer of the scammer and in a lot of cases reporting them to the authorities.

He Goes by the name of Jim Browning , his channel is called " Tech Report Scams "  its well worth a look and if you feel in the mood donate or subscribe to his channel. He has selflessly saved people hundreds of thousands in scams and imo is a good egg.

Here are some of his videos , they are really entertaining and informative.

Please enjoy

N
    N
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Thanks for the links and tip NANUXII. Flowers

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:44 pm

you are most welcome my beautiful Hawaiian ladybug !

Tech Tips  Ac5db22044b223b862f7a01bd2ad4bbc
    NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello Misties , i have been away for a little while investigating what i call " site attachments "

A few of my colleagues and I have been testing new OS' including win and linux distro's.

We have discovered that certain sites have what we call site attachments when you visit them. These site attachments belong to various abc agencies and once you visit those sites the attachment becomes part of your os. In windows we found the attachment even creates a new partition on your computer and stores everything of " interest " in that partition.

This attachment is so robust that its almost impossible to erase from your hard drive and its working now in conjunction with certain linux distros, or at least appears to be cooperating with them.

So if you are an innocent that stumbles across something and leaves it after a few seconds its too late, you will have that program on your pc forever ( pretty much ) and it will be gathering info on you and reporting it back as encrypted packages. You know those " empty " files with a long string of digits after them... the info has already been transmitted , the file number is merely a unique identifier that pins that information to you !

Is that a problem ? Yes and No ... it all depends... but its useful to know.

Regardless we did weight scans of each distro before and after and discovered the actual programs they are using, some of my colleagues are reverse engineering them to see how they are made and how they work.

This is a new level of spy tech im sure nobody is yet to talk about.

FYI if you have a dubious hard drive , get it scanned and looked into by someone trustworthy. Again if you are an innocent you have little to worry about regardless , but if you are an innocent of " interest " and control over you is what they desire then you may be in hot doo doo.

Love and Hugs

N
    N

mudra and ClearWater like this post

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:04 pm

Running windows and your pc is slow ?

Ok several things to do ,

First turn off all background apps. Settings > Privacy > then turn off everything you can under each heading , unless youre using them turn off your mic and camera. Put black tape over the camera as they can still turn them on regardless if they want.

Ok then open Files>This Pc>Local Disc C> then type into search " Temp " go into the first temp folder and delete everything, then repeat the process with the search " Prefetch " go into that folder and delete everything.

Temp and Prefetch is where most bugs and nefarious things live that will take up your pc's resource.

If youre internet is still slow reset your modem by switching it off at the wall. Let it re set for at least 1 minute then turn it back on. That should clear all the cache.

Hugs

N
    N

NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:08 pm

Hi Misties !  

Ive recently been researching new antivirus software using " The PC Security Channel " on youtibe

and ive found a company that is making a product that is possibly the best on the market. Kaspersky seems to be leading the way with very well thought out anivirus and penetrating software that can in real time search for " behavioral " patterns in the background and block them.

Kaspersky is now better than bitdefender which was one of the best.

heres a video to illustrate how they test the program.

hope this helps

N
    N
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:13 am

Thank You Nanu cheers
    itsdanial
    itsdanial

Post  itsdanial Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:53 pm

Also wanted this. Thanks for the updates and links.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:55 am