tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+4
mudra
eMonkey
Sanicle
Swanny
8 posters

Dave the Dog

Swanny
    Swanny

Dave the Dog Empty Dave the Dog

Post  Swanny Thu May 21, 2020 2:40 am

This was Dave

Dave the Dog Dave

He was my dog, my best friend and my family
    Apart from when I've been out on my motorbike we have been together 24 hours a day for 11 years, he always came to work with me, where I went he went. I was that man that you always saw with his dog.

He out lasted 3 women

Sadly yesterday he died, he been unwell for a few weeks and today the vet discovered that he had a tumor on his liver and probably spleen    Crying or Very sad
    I buried him in the garden in the afternoon.
    He was part of me, we were spiritually connected, when he was happy I was happy. No matter where he was close or far if I looked at him he looked back at me, even if he was asleep, he still knew and would open his eye to look.

I just feel empty now   pale
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Dave the Dog Empty Re: Dave the Dog

Post  Sanicle Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 am

I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your mate Swanny.  We truly do love them as no other.  They give such pure, clean, honest love it's impossible not to give them the same in return.  If only they lived as long as we do.  Saying goodbye to such a friend truly is the pits.   Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

He's a very handsome boy and looks very content in that photo.  Sounds like you gave him the best life a dog could have and he'll miss you too.  That is if he's not still waiting to run in the fields with you when you go to sleep each night.  I wouldn't be at all surprised it that's the case.   I love you

Big hugs for you Swanny!
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Thu May 21, 2020 9:04 am

Swanny wrote:
    I just feel empty now   pale

I know that feeling, I'm just too damn old to have another, fearing it would outlast me !

Hugs from the Shire of Shrop.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu May 21, 2020 5:22 pm

Dear Swanny,

This is so sad news my friend.
    It must feel as if you just lost a part of yourself.
    As eMonkey I can relate to your loss and to your pain.
    That bond you had with Dave, being so close as being One,
    Being such good friends as sharing One heart.
    From dawn to night together for life.
    This special relation you had still is, in essence, from soul to soul.
    Love never dies.
    Dave will never be very far.
    For you carry one another in each other's Heart.
    He certainly misses you as much as you do.

Hugging dearly the both of you.
    May Dave's journey in peace to the other side.

The Karen
    Love for You
    mudra

Jenetta
    Jenetta

Dave the Dog Empty Dave the Dog

Post  Jenetta Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Dave the dog will be with you wherever you go Swanny just unfortunately we can't see our pets when they pass. The pain of loss is with us for awhile and then we keep trudging on hoping that we'll be reunited one day. Take good care Swanny and that sense of humour you have.

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu May 21, 2020 10:52 pm

Perhaps the Animal Kingdom Reincarnates in Ways We Can't Imagine...

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Fri May 22, 2020 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri May 22, 2020 9:36 am

Oh Swanny, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Having those types of close relationships with a pet is so meaningful and when they pass so devastating. I grieved for over 6 months when losing my dog Ming. Then decided to adopt a baby after that who is now 24 years old.

Dave looks like my son's dog Bailey who also was a favorite... he had to adopt him out when he moved and grieved until he was able to adopt a Husky. When our daughters pet black cat, literally dropped dead in the driveway from a heart attack, the next day she went to the pound to get an abandoned kitten - Albert. Best cat ever and what an incredible personality. He absolutely adores her and goes with walks with her daily. When my mom lost her big red dog, her ghost would hang out at the ranch where other people would see her inside on the couch or upstairs in the library.

Pets offer so much love, comfort, companionship and devotion. I hope you will find that soon again in your life.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 22, 2020 11:17 am

What struck me when Princess the cat left us and little Romeo chihuahua followed soon after is how much both of them
    inconditionnally loved me. I believe no human ever shown me same except my parents.
    Wether you are in a good or bad mood, kind or just not paying attention or even angry they love you and don't seem
    to hold any kind of grudge against you no matter what.

The spirit presence of my pet friends remained with me as long as I needed until I finally was able to let them go and fly
    to other realms. I am sure so will Dave stay by you.

I call them back to memory every now and then and still feel that pinch in my Heart.
    It is indeed very hard when illness strikes and you are unable to save their life.
    What only adds to the pain you are undergoing Swanny is that UK is still in lockdown and that you are cut from
    contact with your human friends as well.This won't last and hopefully end soon.
    Much Love for You my friend and a big cyber hug too.

Hugs
    mudra

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Fri May 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Thanks for all your kind words flower

It's very hard dealing with his loss, I miss him so much more than I could ever have imagined
    Going to work without him isn't right, I didn't realise how wonderful it was to have him with me during the day.

Bit of a roller coaster of a day. So many thoughts good and bad. And anger, with no one else to blame I choose to blame myself.
    Could I have noticed something earlier, should I have tried to have the vet fix him. Then thinking so many great things about him. If a friend came to visit he would meet them at the door then run off to find the right toy for them, different toys for different people, sometimes he'd pick up one toy then decide that it wasn't the right one and change it. Most of his toys had names and he knew them

I've been working at this house for nearly 3 weeks now and he had 3 shady places he sat depending on the time of day and how the shadows moved. In front of the little tool shed, in front of the garage and on the neighbours drive. Every time I went out to the van I could see him sat in those places looking at me waiting for the sign that we were leaving I love you
    He loved to go home.

Last night a few friends have come to pay their respects. We don't worry about lock downs anymore
    Kev is a joiner and brought round a cross made from oak for his grave clown

Dave the Dog Kev

Muncs bought round some whiskey Toast
    My friends have been so good as they all loved him too.
    I went to my local screwfix this morning, that was hard as he was very popular in there, he had a Dave box with a couple of toys and balls in ready for when we visited. He was such a popular dog, much more popular than me Cool Where ever we regularly went everyone said "Hello Dave"
    I was just the bloke that brought him in rabbit

Dogs are such great loyal friends, they never judge you, they're just happy to be with you. And they don't care what you look like, especially if you have a biscuit.

Maybe I will get another one one day. If I do he will probably be a yellow Lab called Julie Very Happy

Here's a couple of pics

Dave the Dog Mine
    If only I knew who this was back then and what adventures were to come Very Happy

I painted the wall, someone decided to lean up against it Suspect

Dave the Dog Painter

Dave was without doubt my best friend but also an expert at being in the way, if I was going to move something or go somewhere he would as if by magic be in exactly that spot..

I think if it's possible for Dave to be near me he will, he was besotted with me, he would just sit on his bed and stare at me for hours on end cyclops
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri May 22, 2020 4:29 pm

Oooh that puppy makes me cry Swanny.
    I so much understand you fell for him.
    I am grateful you found one another and shared so many fullfilling and happy moments.
    Not all dogs have the chance to have such a good human companion.
    I am glad your friends came around. It was just too sad to imagine you alone
    having to face Dave's empty space.
    What a loving gift Kev brought about.
    My dog and cat are also burried in the garden side by side.
    They appreciate it to be this way.
    I believe so will Dave.

Hugs

PS: don't blame yourself for the loss Swanny.
    Dave's form has gone but he is there full of spirit.
    He will stay by you just as before until you are ready to let him go.
    He will give you that extra time to heal your wound, to ease your pain.
    There will be moments you'll feel him so close that you will almost forget the tangible shape of him has gone.

Much Love from me
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sat May 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Thanks Mudra Flowers

Today I was listening to the radio and I decided that the next record was about me and how I was feeling.
    This was the next one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qErykBldZCs
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 24, 2020 1:17 am

What a timely song Swanny.
    Some things we don't get used to loose them because their disappearance hit us like
    thunderbolt leaving us no time to prepare.
    And maybe we don't need to.
    Just let our sorrow and anger unfolld as it wishes, let it be.
    Sit with the rain, embrace it all as this is part of life.
    Then when the time comes watch for these sunrays and grab them.
    You will never forget your friend Dave for he is living in your heart where you love and cherish him
    But as time goes by the loss of his manifesting into physicality will fade away and you'll be able to bring back to memory all the moments you shared with a sense of joy and gratitude for making life worth the ride.

Much Love for you
    :

Last edited by mudra on Sun May 24, 2020 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sun May 24, 2020 3:00 am

At the moment I'm very angry with myself. Mad 1 Looking back I can now see the signs but I didn't help him.
    He drank a lot of water for a few weeks and someone said it could be his kidneys or liver. He stopped drinking so I thought maybe it was just a bug he was flushing from his system. I should have had him checked out just in case.
    He was losing muscle mass and grumbling when he got up. I thought it was old age and arthritis. I bought him loads of supplements and the vet gave me metacam which wasn't good for him and then he was put on paracetamol.

Poor little chap had total trust in me and I let him down Mad 2

I never had him chipped because I heard stories about dogs and cats developing tumors around the chip. We saw a vet about his eye a few years ago, he vet told me I was breaking the law and risking a fine but I told him I'm not worried about that as his health is more important to me. I wonder if he secretly chipped him.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun May 24, 2020 10:04 am

Swanny please don't punish yourself like this!  Eleven years is a good age for a dog.  If it wasn't the cancer that took him it probably would've been something else in the not too distant future.  Or, more cancer unfortunately.

My daughter has a much-loved eleven year old dog (Chief) who had cancer cut out of his anal glands last year and we all hoped that would be the end of it for him.  But he now has cancer in his liver, his lungs and in the bone of his front leg (not the arthritis we thought it might be).  So we know he'll be heading off soon too as well and can do nothing to stop it.  As you have done, my daughter has given him all sorts of supplements etc but has had to accept that his time in this body is coming to an end.  We are just giving him the happiest life we can until then with lots of love, treats, walks, etc hoping he'll die happy as your lovely Dave no doubt did.  I don't think there is much more that can be done for anyone, human or animal, when their time is up.  

Although I must say, I'm expecting Rochelle to behave much the same way you are now when Chiefy goes.  It's just part of the grieving process I suppose, a response to the pain we're feeling. Maybe you can just express that anger only not at yourself my friend.

Hugs  Hugs  Hugs
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sun May 24, 2020 1:41 pm

Thanks Sanicle

This morning while I was cleaning my teeth the door bell rang, I'm sure I heard Daves bark Cool
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Swanny wrote:Thanks Sanicle

This morning while I was cleaning my teeth the door bell rang, I'm sure I heard Daves bark Cool

😊 I told you Dave is still around... He turned into a wizzard now Swanny :)
    I think I just heard him bark too.

Much Love
    mudra
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Mon May 25, 2020 2:30 am

cheers Letting you know he's still your best buddy and there for you. cheers sunny
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Mon May 25, 2020 4:12 am

Sanicle wrote:

cheers Letting you know he's still your best buddy and there for you.  cheers  sunny

He'll always be my best buddy flower
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Tue May 26, 2020 2:46 am

“When the Student is ready the Teacher will Appear.”

Lao Tzu

Dave was my teacher

Dave the Dog What

This wise little chap taught me so much
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 26, 2020 6:49 am

I bet he did Swanny.
    These creatures have evolved to live from the Heart alone.
    Just one look at Dave and one can see that love pouring from his eyes , that special light that shines.

The use if words created an articulate mind compartmenting the world and in a way cut ourselves off from our natural perceptions and abilities as spirit beings like intuition, telepathy, the projection of an intention etc...

Dogs don't need words to make themselves understood nor do cats or any animal.
    Living with one and being open to them helps us remember of our essence.
    I remember my daughter in law telling me when she was preparing food in the kitchen
    and slicing things up her dog would sit and stare by her side and he always managed to have
    her inadvertantly drop a piece of carrot or meat. She said he never failed sunny

Much Love for you
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Tue May 26, 2020 12:42 pm

I remember many years ago wishing a teacher would come in to my life

Like a fool I was thinking it would be a human, now I see that it was Dave

Dave the Dog Vwhen-the-student-is-ready-the-teacher-appears-when-the-24819323

I'm not vain enough to say I'm truly ready but maybe he has now left to teach me the next stage?
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Wed May 27, 2020 2:53 am

Not normally a video I'd watch but it appeared on my feed so I watched it

I think it fits with what's happening
    If anyone has a couple of minutes have a look at the 18:00 mark she talks about teachers and students as in the picture above what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1068&v=9uRuGhIm7wU&feature=emb_logo

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 27, 2020 5:47 am

Thubs Up Definitely something there to pay attention to Swanny cheers
    Watch out for the student that is coming your way Cheerful

Lionhawk

Much Love
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Wed May 27, 2020 8:19 am

That is so sad to hear about Dave.

I also lost my dog recently. He was fine in the morning and by dinner time he did not want to eat and by 3am of the next day he died. He had pancreatitis .

It is such a loss and void when you lose a close friend like that. Little things will bring back memories.

We did get another pup, and she is fine, but I still miss Max as he was so low maintenance.

In getting a new pup, I forgot about the puppy stage where they need so much attention, and the mistakes in the house. She is getting better and is a great companion also, but I suggest don't rush into getting another dog till you are sure you are ready, because they will have difficulty matching up to Dave, at least for the first while. Toast
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 am

Micjer wrote:That is so sad to hear about Dave.

I also lost my dog recently.  He was fine in the morning and by dinner time he did not want to eat and by 3am of the next day he died.  He had pancreatitis .

It is such a loss and void when you lose a close friend like that.  Little things will bring back memories.

We did get another pup, and she is fine, but I still miss Max as he was so low maintenance.

In getting a new pup, I forgot about the puppy stage where they need so much attention, and the mistakes in the house.  She is getting better and is a great companion also, but I suggest don't rush into getting another dog till you are sure you are ready, because they will have difficulty matching up to Dave, at least for the first while. Toast

I am sorry to hear of your own loss and such an abrupt one Micjer.
    Four dogs friends died in the span of my life time and two cats.
    I did not choose to have them myself but was left with them and
    loved them.
    I can't think of anything worse than the times I had to bring them to the vet to ease their suffering
    while at same time time taking their life away.
    Little Romeo was very ill but did us the huge favor to die in  his sleep between my daughter and I.
    I am unable to take another one at the moment.
    And its been a very long moment.

Your pup will grow into a good friend too.
    Some say animals have a group soul so I would assume when the next one comes there is a chance to be lucky and pick the same being again.
    Hopefully Max is closer to you than you think Micjer Cheerful

Much love

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 am