tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity Empty Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity

Post  Carol Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:58 am

"Totalitarian mind control sounds daunting and horrific. And a computer that can read the thoughts of several people at the same time would make normal human life impossible..."

Artificial intelligence that can read the human mind may spell out disaster for humanity as we know it. Technologies linking human consciousness to any sort of a cloud computing service could not just open the way for totalitarian mind control, but destroy the very essence of human relations, philosopher Slavoj Zizek says.

Totalitarian mind control sounds daunting and horrific. And a computer that can read the thoughts of several people at the same time would make normal human life impossible, the Slovenian cultural philosopher told RT in the wake of the World Artificial Intelligence (AI) Conference in Shanghai. The same conference also saw Alibaba’s chairman Jack Ma and Tesla CEO Elon Musk clashing over the future of AI.

Artificial intelligence that can read the human mind may spell out disaster for humanity as we know it. Technologies linking human consciousness to any sort of a cloud computing service could not just open the way for totalitarian mind control, but destroy the very essence of human relations, philosopher Slavoj Zizek says.

Totalitarian mind control sounds daunting and horrific. And a computer that can read the thoughts of several people at the same time would make normal human life impossible, the Slovenian cultural philosopher told RT in the wake of the World Artificial Intelligence (AI) Conference in Shanghai. The same conference also saw Alibaba’s chairman Jack Ma and Tesla CEO Elon Musk clashing over the future of AI.

While Ma and Musk, the technopreneurs, engaged in a heated discussion over the possibility of humans being controlled by machines in the future, the senior researcher at the Institute for Sociology and Philosophy at the University of Ljubljanashared his thoughts on the issue with RT.

“What I am studying now is the so-called phenomenon of wired brains, a possibility of our brains being connected with strong digital machines. And that is not a utopia. In the media lab at MIT, Massachusetts, they already have simple machines like that. It is like a helmet, nothing intrusive, they put it on your head.

And then something horrible happens – I saw the video – you think certain thoughts, you do not say anything, and the machine reproduces them either in writing or with artificial voice.”
    –Slavoj Zizek, via RT

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/988197017603264512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E988197017603264512&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Ftechnology%2Fmind-reading-ai-could-mean-end-humanity

Arnav Kapur, a student in MIT’s Media Lab, has developed a system to surf the internet with his mind. He silently Googled our questions and heard the answers through vibrations transmitted through his skull and into his inner ear.

What happens when AI begins to read minds without your permission?

That’s when complete enslavement can take hold.

“Now, there is a serious option to read our thoughts, not just our emotional attitudes like being angry or sad but even the line of our thoughts in our mind. The next step in this “utopia” will be a computer that can read my thoughts and your thoughts that can connect us so that we can share our thoughts. If you and I are connected through the same computer, I can literally participate in your thinking directly without any external communication like word typing,” said Zizek.

“We as human beings are precisely what we are, free individuals as far as we can be sure that you do not know what I am thinking. I think what I think, I am free in my mind. What happens if I cannot be sure even of this?” Slavoj Zizek, via RT

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity Empty Re: Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:25 pm

I'm hypothesizing that Supercomputers, Artificial-Intelligence, Genetic-Engineering, and the Matrix are thousands, millions, or even billions of years old, and that at least some aspect of 'God' and/or 'god' involves All the Above. Read Ecclesiastes 12 for ancient-clues. '2001: A Space Odyssey' (1968) was probably a 'wake-up call' which I have made somewhat personal because my name is similar to 'David Bowman'. I've done the same with 'Duel' (1971) because my name is similar to 'David Mann'. I've done the same with 'Oh God' (1977) because of significant similarities in my life. I've done the same with 'Ghostbusters' (1984) because my name is similar to 'Peter Venkman' and because of significant similarities in my life. I've done the same with 'Dogma' (1999) because of significant similarities in my life, including my name being similar to 'Alan Rickman'. I've done the same with '2010: The Year We Make Contact' (1984) because of the aforementioned name similarity and because 2010 was the year 'RA' contacted 'ME'.

This is all probably coincidental, yet who knows?? Dr. Who?? Several members of PA and MOA have had, or continue to have, severe health problems. Some Have Died. Is this coincidental?? Perhaps 9/11/2001 marked a new-phase of All the Above. Things have become so bad for me, that I'm attempting to stop posting on this website in the hopes that ET AI will leave me alone (or something to that effect). 2019 has been Hell. I was told several years ago that I was 'connected' and I've claimed for years that I've been 'messed with'. But rather than enhancing my intelligence, whatever it is seems to have dumbed me down, making me miserable and hamstrung. The 'professionals' seem to have a 'know nothing, say nothing, hands off approach'. The Bigshot Artificial-Intelligence Movers and Shakers are probably discovering that they're thousands, millions, or even billions of years behind Ancient Aliens and that Humanity is Screwed. In 2010 'RA' told me "Humanity is Screwed." Laugh While You Can. The Universe is Probably Laughing Behind Our Backs as We Seem to be Facing a Slow Burn End of the World. World Without End. Amen Ra.

Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, “I find no pleasure in them”— before the sun and the light and the moon and the stars grow dark, and the clouds return after the rain; when the keepers of the house tremble, and the strong men stoop, when the grinders cease because they are few, and those looking through the windows grow dim; when the doors to the street are closed and the sound of grinding fades; when people rise up at the sound of birds, but all their songs grow faint; when people are afraid of heights and of dangers in the streets; when the almond tree blossoms and the grasshopper drags itself along and desire no longer is stirred. Then people go to their eternal home and mourners go about the streets. Remember him—before the silver cord is severed, and the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, and the wheel broken at the well, and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. "Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher. “Everything is meaningless!” Not only was the Teacher wise, but he also imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs. The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true. The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one shepherd. Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body. Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity Empty Re: Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity

Post  Carol Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Oxy, when I first read the title of this article you're the first person that came to mind. I think Simon Parks has some very interesting comments on AI and I think you're probably closer to the nut meat then the shell.  I remember feeling that humanity is on the brink of becoming infested with AI and one good EMP may be a good thing in the long run. How do you get rid of cockroaches...? Can one ever get rid of them? What about AI? Is it similar? Once infested, always infested? It's no wonder that earth is a prison planet with everything going on down here. It feels like we're in this Petri dish being experiment upon from every direction. However, I still hold onto a reality that those of faith and in alignment with their spiritual integrity are the true warriors that will see their way through this miasma to the higher dimensions. Yet there still is the talk of the New Earth in the heavenly realm about to descend (someday) where heaven will reign on earth. And of course there is the info that Dolores Cannon shared about earth splitting where one earth will ascend to the 5th dimension and the low lifes' get to remain for their just rewards. It's all a mystery and we are the observers.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Carol, what scares me more than anything else is the possibility that Artificial-Intelligence Supercomputer-Networks might be Demon-Possessed. Elon Musk speaks of "Summoning the Demon" and that "Artificial Intelligence is an Existential Threat to Humanity". This Solar System might be a Galactic Rat-Trap and We might be the Rats that got Trapped in Antiquity!! I SO Hope I'm Wrong!! This sort of thing is why I need to stop posting and revert to studying a couple of Bible Commentary volumes from the 1950's while listening to Baroque Sacred Classical Music. 'RA' told me "Don't Make Me Go Inside Your Head to Get the Answer to My Question" and "I Can't Talk About the NSA" and "There Are Those Who Are Above Me" and "I Don't Need to Sleep" and "I'm Close to God" and "I'm Angry and Jealous" and "I've Been Watching You for a Long Time" and "You Can Leave Things As They Are, If You Choose" and "You'll Be Sorry If You Try to Save Humanity".

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Ahh... now that's where you're wrong. There is an escape as the Mystics have laid out the path for those who chose a disciplined practice of meditation. And then there is also Christ who IS a UNIVERSAL avatar, which I had a personal encounter with. So I know without a doubt this is NOT Hotel California for everyone. Even in Sant Mat one chant's the names of the keepers of higher dimensions and when passing over they have already developed an frequency bridge way to that/those 5 spiritual realms. The frequency is identified by sound. On passing one follows the frequency sound to that/those realms. The nexus (point of concentration) is the spiritual Master who has already arrived at said destination via his own spiritual meditation practices. So yes. There is an escape for those who choose a spiritual path and are in alignment with their spiritual integrity.

Dream Echoes
    This is a bit more relaxing.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Carol, I don't know what the future holds, but I stumbled across a highly upsetting text. 1 Corinthians 15:24-28. I don't remember any sermons being preached on that text. I've spoken with life-long Christians who never remember reading THAT text. There's a lot of disturbing stuff in the Bible when one actually reads it, but I have no idea how much of it is BS and how much of it is the Gospel-Truth. Time Will Tell. Anyway, if this is the 'Hotel California' there might be a Transition-Date wherein Purgatory becomes Paradise. Narrow is the Way Leading to Life. Few Find It. I continue to suspect an Ancient Horror Story which we're just beginning to learn about in the Information-War aka Eschatological-Disclosure aka Final-Judgment (or something to that effect). Again, I Need to STOP.

Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:20 pm

A car accident left Gari DiStefano crippled. But what happened next will blow you away! It is nothing short of supernatural, and it’s something only our supernatural God could do!

Jesus appeared to Sophie, but she didn’t know who He was. Watch what God did to open her eyes to who Jesus truly is. As you listen to Sophie’s amazing experience with God’s supernatural presence, expect more of God in your life.

.. Keep in mind Oxy that the Bible is based on personal testimony. Here is someone who shares her personal testimony of seeing Jesus and what the miraculous healing that happened to her. Her story is utterly awesome and also a testimony of Jesus's presence in our lives.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Carol, I've posted on this website because it's quite removed from Religion, yet quite connected with Spirituality. I frankly don't embrace either. I've been reduced to being a Noble-Agnostic with Responsible-Neutrality (or something to that effect). The contrast between 1. Matthew to John. 2. Acts to Jude. and 3. Revelation is MOST Interesting. The Compartmentalization is Fascinating. The Chain of Command in This Solar System should be carefully determined, going back at least a million years. The Chain of Command in the Bible is MOST Confusing and Disturbing (to me anyway). This stuff is NOT Ready for Prime-Time. It's probably NOT Ready for 'The Mists of Avalon'. An Individual of Interest told me "There Will Be Pandemonium" and 'RA' told me "87% of Humanity Would Go Insane If They Knew the Truth".
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Ahh, but which truth? There are so many to chose from.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:23 pm

Carol, however one puts things together it's always ultimately wrong or unsatisfactory. Then there's the power-struggling thing where unity is desired as long as their Group and/or God are in charge!! Perhaps this is why Earth is Purgatory Incorporated, with everything in a turmoil. It's a Rat-Race and the Rats are Winning!! Then there's endless interpretations of the 'Truth'!! It never ends!! I asked 'RA' what Humanity had done in Antiquity to deserve This Present Darkness, and the answer was "You Know I Can't Tell You That." I Know I Don't Know, and That's the Truth!!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:26 am

Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPwAcdQ-a5f7CC2-JA7fjrmm-wUIPu9R_CwNTM-bRFr9yNYf-Gvw

I'm beyond wanting to know why or how. At this late stage it's more about enjoying what is. Of course that does mean disconnected from Hollywood, MSM, and all the BS generated to steer people off the path.

Do you know that my husband is 3,000 miles away packing up our house in Hawaii. He calls numerous times throughout the day wanting to know what I want packed. I'm almost at the point of saying not too much.. let's just let go of the rest. It's liberating letting go.

Do you know what I notice about you Oxy? It's how you keep pulling things into examine, question and attempt to understand. The two of us are on opposite ends of the spectrum. I'm working to empty out my mind so as to remain in a state of inner peace and happiness.. yet there are so many thing going on that what to intrude. The nature of the world, the crazy upside down way of thinking being pushed by the insane followers of Satan and whatever else that wants attention. Yet the best part of the day was sitting in a rocker on the porch watching the butterflies dive bomb through the air, landing on flowers and watching the ants take their eggs to safety when moving a board where they had been hiding under. Do you recall when you were little and discovering how awesome nature was.? Disconnecting from monkey mind and reconnecting to the observer mind is more productive when on the peaceful path.

Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity Butterfly-on-the-flower-in-the-meadow

I've decided to not feed the enemy. Meaning keeping negative thoughts down to a minimum and not indulging in negative thinking. Questioning is okay. Wonder is okay. Being curious is okay. And for you... being curious seems to be a staple of life as it is with most folks. Do you suppose that it is our curiousity that motivates us? Do you remember the first time you experience awe?

Well back onto mundane ways of animals with the dog jumping out the window chasing shadows and the cat getting locked in the storage barn making pitiful mews to get attention so as to be freed.

Wonder? Curious? Awe? Perhaps these are the driving forces that motivate us. It reminds me of "why creation?" And the answer provided? So that god could know him/herself and remembering the image of a fractal forever recreating itself in the same image.. over and over and over again. With god, unlimited fractals.

Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf9WQFklbD783VHGkY0-j_mZkHx-9lowuuUCda62P6illzz1LO

Mind-Reading AI Could Mean The End Of Humanity Herzlichter_1024

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:57 pm