tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords and empty bank accounts

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords and empty bank accounts Empty Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords and empty bank accounts

Post  Carol Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords and empty bank accounts Nintchdbpict000290325083
    Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords
    and empty bank accounts, scientists warn

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/3916935/hackers-could-use-brainwaves-to-steal-passwords-and-empty-your-bank-accounts-in-the-future-scientists-warn/

HEADSETS that monitor your brainwaves could allow hackers to empty your bank account, scientists fear. A recent study found that EEGs could easily be hacked and have prompted serious security concerns in the scientific community

High-tech helmets called electroencephalograms or EEGs are often used to diagnose epilepsy, but are beginning to appear on the toy and video game markets. Nitesh Saxena, associate professor in the UAB College of Arts and Sciences, along with PhD student Ajaya Neupane and Doctor Lutfor Rahman, found that a person who paused a video game and logged into a bank account while wearing an EEG could have their passwords or personal information nabbed by malicious software.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    JoeEcho
    JoeEcho

Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords and empty bank accounts Empty Re: Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords and empty bank accounts

Post  JoeEcho Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:44 pm

I was actually thinking about this subject not long before you posted this thread, Carol. I had watched the movie The Circle which touches on technology and it's ability to manipulate thinking.

As I watched the movie I thought, it's as if technology itself is warning us of it's danger through technology itself.

Tech reminds me of the snowball gathering momentum and mass as it rolls down a hill. There doesn't seem to be any significant checks and balances to it's roll. All tools have a beneficial side and a negative consequential side. There is an overwhelming amount of information on it's beneficial side as compared to the negative side. When one is just a little versed in human history it is not far fetched to imagine how nasty the negative side could become. I can see it coming up and biting people in the ass so insidiously that they have no clue where the bite came from.

Technology by it's nature has a hack-able entryways. As neurobiology and technology overlap each other the early warning signs regarding technology will become palpitate to those that have paid attention.

It will be interesting too see if there is ever a significant push back regarding the intrusiveness of technology in the quality of life or will people simply forget what that was and whats being missed out on because of it. Of course memory is a big part of the brain so that could be hacked as well with the potential existing that, at some point, the brain will not remember or be aware it was hacked.

I am nothing more then a layman on any of this but the dots are becoming easier and easier to connect if one pays attention to the pattern.

The things being done behind the doors of labs with huge budgets would most likely astound most of us. The most effective testing of cutting edge technology is done without the lab rat's knowledge of it. History has shown this to be true once the technology has been developed beyond a certain point and revealed.

What is NEW to the general populous isn't new to a very small potion of the same.
    Pris
    Pris

Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords and empty bank accounts Empty Re: Cybercriminals could soon be able to hack your BRAINWAVES to steal passwords and empty bank accounts

Post  Pris Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:50 am