tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii long for end to year in isolation

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii  long for end to year in isolation Empty Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii long for end to year in isolation

Post  Carol Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:53 am

Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii 
    long for end to year in isolation
    Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii  long for end to year in isolation 6000

US, French and German volunteers have been living on freeze-dried food and trying to avoid personal conflicts on the red planet-like slopes of Mauna LoaA scientist simulates working on the surface of Mars at the Hi-Seas habitat on the northern slope of Mauna Loa in Hawaii. Photograph: Neil Scheibelhut/AFP

Associated Press in Hilo, Hawaii
    Sunday 21 August 2016 15.36 EDTLast modified on Sunday 21 August 2016 16.40 EDT

Six scientists are close to wrapping up a year of near isolation in a Mars simulationon a Hawaii mountain. 
    The scientists are housed in a dome on Mauna Loa and can go outside only in spacesuits, the Hawaii Tribune-Herald reportedThey manage limited resources while conducting research and working to avoid personal conflicts. Communication is delayed by 20 minutes, the length it would take to relay messages from Mars.

The Hawaiian dome where Nasa prepares humanity for life on Mars
    Kim Binsted, principal investigator for the Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation (Hi-Seas), said this simulation was the second-longest of its kind after a mission that lasted 520 days in Russia. “They’re doing OK, as far as we can tell,” Binsted said of the scientists. 

Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii  long for end to year in isolation 3203
    Forty years of missions to Mars

Previous simulations in the Mauna Loa dome have lasted four to eight months. Mauna Loa soil is similar to what would be found on Mars. The area’s high elevation means almost no plant growth. Nasa funded the study run through the University of Hawaii. 

The scientists will have access to fresh produce and other foods not available to them in the dome when the simulation ends on 28 August.

“They are clamoring to get into the ocean,” Binsted said. “I think they will enjoy having a beer as well.”  The current simulation has been the fourth and longest, with volunteers from France, Germany and the United States, including a soil scientist, an astronomer, a physicist and an astrobiologist, who have survived on freeze-dried foods for months. An eight-month simulation starts in January.

VIDIO at LINK: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/21/scientists-simulation-mars-mission-hawaii-hi-seas

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii  long for end to year in isolation Empty Re: Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii long for end to year in isolation

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:41 pm

Perhaps they should put Trump and Hillary in one of those things for the next four years!!
    I know that's stupid -- but I just couldn't resist!!
    Pris
    Pris

Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii  long for end to year in isolation Empty Re: Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii long for end to year in isolation

Post  Pris Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Are they still actually trying to pass off a stupid red-enhanced Mars on us?  In the video, even Hawaii is tinged red!  How droll.  After all, it's pretending to be Mars, right?  Give us a frickin' break!  Depict the true colour of Mars once and for all.  Enough already! tongue  

Hey, Oxy, maybe they could just shoot off Trump and Hillary into space. I'd be good with that.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Oxy.. ship the Clintons off. The damage they have created is more then the planet can deal with.

Pris, I actually had a house guest once who was involved in the Mars project with an office on Mars. They used Tesla technology to transport through a jump gate which he described to me and was similar to what Andrew Bassiago reported. He also said the Mars landscape looked a lot like the landscape in the film TOTAL RECALL with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:49 am

Carol wrote:Pris, I actually had a house guest once who was involved in the Mars project with an office on Mars. They used Tesla technology to transport through a jump gate which he described to me and was similar to what Andrew Bassiago reported. He also said the Mars landscape looked a lot like the landscape in the film TOTAL RECALL with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

(Interesting house guest, Carol. Very Happy)

If you mean more like the picture on the right sans clouds, yeeessss....  Cheerful  

Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii  long for end to year in isolation Total-Recall-Beginning-Ending-Mars-Dream-Shots

Scientists simulating Mars mission on Hawaii  long for end to year in isolation Total-Recall-Ending

The Floyd

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:56 am

More like the picture on the bottom. Another great interview of someone who used the jump room to Mars was Bernard Mendez -- ET Negotiator. Outstanding. The first link is the trailer of another full interview. The second link is his August 2012 4 hour interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Ymq0iPnTk

A trailer of the full interview with Bernard Mendez who was a special Presidential assistant during the early 1970's working directly with ET races.

Bernie Mendez August 2012 Interview - 4 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS8DwK7Fy_Y&feature=related

Last edited by Carol on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks for the link, Carol, but yeah, it's a four hour interview... I'm not likely going to be able to squeeze this one in.

(Note:  I'm not a member of GLP and it's withholding the trailer/interview link.)

Anyway, when it comes to the whole 'jump room to Mars' thing (and all the Mars/ET talk), I've decided to remain skeptical.  People saying it is so just isn't good enough for me.

Unless I get to experience it for myself?... Very Happy  Yes, I certainly think it is possible.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:52 pm