tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Cj Ransom: Surprising Solar System | EU2015

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Cj Ransom: Surprising Solar System | EU2015 Empty Cj Ransom: Surprising Solar System | EU2015

Post  Carol Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Cj Ransom: Surprising Solar System | EU201

In 1950, it was expected that space probes would confirm existing concepts about the origin of the solar system, the atmospheres and surfaces of planets as well as the space between the planets. Instead, the subsequent reports announced “surprises,” “unexpected findings,” and things “not well understood.” Numerous examples will be given.

Dr. Cj Ransom received his PhD in Plasma Physics from The University of Texas at Austin. He joined an engineering group at General Dynamics in Fort Worth, Texas and developed electro-optics equipment, infrared (IR) detection devices and simulated infrared (IR) guided missiles using analog and digital methods. He also developed non-destructing testing techniques for crack detection in aerospace vehicles. This included IR, ultrasonic and magnetic techniques. Dr. Ransom later joined Bell Helicopter where he managed a technical computing group. He also directed the Department of Defense’s Continuous Acquisition and Life-cycle Support (CALS) program for Textron, the parent company of Bell Helicopter. Dr. Ransom taught graduate software testing in the Texas Christian University Computer Science Department. He was on the committee that developed a software engineering graduate program at Southern Methodist University. After retiring, Dr. Ransom founded Vemasat Research Institute. Since its origin in 2004, Vemasat personnel have published a number of papers. The work is mainly concerned with analysis of the plasma effects in the Solar System and Universe.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Cj Ransom: Surprising Solar System | EU2015 Empty Re: Cj Ransom: Surprising Solar System | EU2015

Post  B.B.Baghor Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:53 pm

I like this man Dr. C.J. Ransom. He's sort of casually humourous and not at all aiming for dramatic effect.
    It does add to his credibility, as I perceive it. He reminds me of David Bohm, who also presented himself
    in a sort of casual manner. As if he himself was wondering and pondering the why and what of his own
    existence and presence. Is that what one could call "no ego presence?" Both of them know their stuff,
    I'm sure.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:14 am