tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+6
mudra
TRANCOSO
NANUXII
burgundia
orthodoxymoron
Carol
10 posters

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator -> Reinhard

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard Empty Adding a NEW temporary Administrator -> Reinhard

Post  Carol Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Aloha everyone,

Tomorrow I will be going in for cervical spine surgery as a result of the auto accident I was in last year. They will be removing/replacing 3 cervical discs and also putting in a titanium plate to hold it all together. I should have done this last year but was too chicken for a variety of reasons. However, the nerve damage from postponing the surgery is extensive and this needs to happen now. Basically, I'll be out of commission for a bit - don't know how long - hence my asking Reinhard to step in as Admin to help out.

As some of you may or may not know Mercurial has not logged in since last January, nor has he responded to repeated emails that I've sent to him. Unfortunately, I lost his telephone number when moving the office and can only contact him via email, which he hasn't responded to in months. Hence, I ask my husband, Reinhard, to take on the task of Admin just in case there is a problem where I can't do the job. Reinhard is a hospice and home health nurse so is very easy to get along with if you need to contact him for a problem on the forum. However, Mercurial was our tech computer expert so we're out of luck if something along those lines should arise.

Meanwhile, someone else is there to take over the reigns should the need arise. You're a great group and I appreciate each and everyone of you, along with your various and most excellent posts.

Thank you so much for everything during all of this time.

After surgery Reinhard "may" post an update to let you know how things went. Given this surgeon's reputation we expect an excellent outcome.

I've talked to one of his past patients who had a similar surgery with him and she was very impressed with his work and her results. Hopefully, I'll be back home by this Saturday with a very sore throat.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to have moved beyond the fear factor and am looking forward to being out of pain from the spinal stenosis.

As Reinhard is an RN he'll be with me the entire time while in the hospital and at home with the hospital post care. I'm in excellent hands.

Take care and be blessed.  Hadriel

JT Carol

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard Empty Re: Adding a NEW temporary Administrator -> Reinhard

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Much Luck and Love, Carol. Welcome, Reinhard!! I hope Mercuriel returns soon. I hope you return to the forum soon, Carol. Namaste and Godspeed.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    burgundia
    burgundia

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard Empty Re: Adding a NEW temporary Administrator -> Reinhard

Post  burgundia Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Good luck with your surgery Carol.
    NANUXII
    NANUXII

Post  NANUXII Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:25 pm

We are all with you Carol , you will be fine , let it be.

Hugs and love

naniu
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:42 pm

All the best, Carol and be well soon.
    JT
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:56 am

Be well dearest Carol.
    You are in my heart sister.

Much Love for You.

The Karen

mudra
    enemyofNWO
    enemyofNWO

Post  enemyofNWO Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:32 am

Best wishes for a quick recovery , Carol .

Welcome to your husband , he will do fine .

Enemy of the NWO
    Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Woah... I'm sorry to be late getting in here. Hope it all goes well! All the best to you, Carol! Hadriel
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:18 pm

Today is Tuesday, Oct 6th and I'd like to thank you for your kind thoughts and good wishes. My time at the computer is very limited. I think it's a good idea to keep Reinhard on as Admin at least until Mercurial returns just so there is a back-up person if needed.  JT Carol

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Carol wrote:Today is Tuesday, Oct 6th and I'd like to thank you for your kind thoughts and good wishes. My time at the computer is very limited. I think it's a good idea to keep Reinhard on as Admin at least until Mercurial returns just so there is a back-up person if needed.  JT Carol

!!  Are you okay then?  Did you have the surgery?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Yes Pris, I'm okay. I had the surgery on Oct 1st. So am now in recovery. Was informed that the spine to fuse itself can take 3-10 months. The process of removing the discs, drilling off the bone spurs and calcification on the ligaments was part of the work they did - the other half was replacing the discs with donated bone material in plastic discs also filled with stem cells to promote bone growth and holding all of that together with a metal titanium plate that is screwed in. Right now I feel a bit like Tony Stark in Iron man with a metal plate inserted into my throat.

It's just another one of those things/challenges life brings for one to deal with. Except I didn't get to experience any OBE with all the meds. dang. Rolling Eyes

The neurological damage will take time to recover from too aa new neuro net pathways need to be created. We'll be back swimming in the ocean in a month.. so that's something to look forward to.
    Sabina

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:32 am

Carol wrote:Yes Pris, I'm okay. I had the surgery on Oct 1st. So am now in recovery. Was informed that the spine to fuse itself can take 3-10 months. The process of removing the discs, drilling off the bone spurs and calcification on the ligaments was part of the work they did - the other half was replacing the discs with donated bone material in plastic discs also filled with stem cells to promote bone growth and holding all of that together with a metal titanium plate that is screwed in. Right now I feel a bit like Tony Stark in Iron man with a metal plate inserted into my throat.

It's just another one of those things/challenges life brings for one to deal with. Except I didn't get to experience any OBE with all the meds. dang. Rolling Eyes

The neurological damage will take time to recover from too aa new neuro net pathways need to be created. We'll be back swimming in the ocean in a month.. so that's something to look forward to.
    Sabina

Wow. Shocked  That's sounds... amazing.

And, what you said about not getting an OBE from all the meds...  Too bad, eh?!  I was put under once and I felt like I was doing backward somersaults -- that would explain it!  

Anyways, all the best with your healing journey! sunny

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard Tropical-beach-party-hire
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:55 am

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard White_10

Welcome back, Carol  cheers So good to hear you've come through the operation.
    Are you sure you're not on the other side? Just kidding. I wish you a recovery while being at ease,
    soon in familiar ocean's waves too. May you have a nice rest, just like this white cat and....

If pumpkins are around, in your place in the world, enjoy this recepee on a cozy afternoon, Carol!
    If it's smooth enough to be endured, for your throat  Cheerful

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard Fragfa10
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:19 am

Welcome Back, Carol!! I Hope the Pain and Discomfort Are Not Overwhelming. Swimming in a Month Sounds Promising!! I've only been high on drugs once in my life -- when my mom gave me a pre-surgery shot prior to an appendectomy (when I was 10)!! The nurse was new and scared -- so my mom gave me the shot -- and she didn't even work in that hospital!! Can you imagine that happening now (in our sue-happy world)??!! I remember telling my mom "I feel really good!!" But No OBE!!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Thank you for the follow-up posts Pris, BB & Oxy. Love the pictures (especially cat ones as I always email those to my daughter who is a super duper cat lover.

OBEs are the bomb and most of the time fun but one of the first ones I had involved an auto accident at age 19 when nano seconds prior to impact with my chest head smashing into the steering wheel, I (conscious awareness me) was out behind my head watching the entire event unfold. Pain came hours later. Ironically during the deer incident no OBE as I think I was needed to be fully conscious to control the decent of the vehicle down the side of the embankment. All those years living in SNOW and off wheeling in various mountain terrain paid off.

You should have seen the look on my anethesiologist's face as I described floating out the wall once under laughing gas and another time under morphine for the herniated discs. He was standing there after surgery making sure I was okay when I came out from being under for 5 hours. Alas, I had no good OBE stories to share with him. dang

Now for some great NEWS, Mercurial emailed me today.  Hadriel  He's alive  Oooyeah 1  Oooyeah 1  Oooyeah 1 happy dance time and will come back to help out this weekend. So we can give him a big welcome when he returns. Meanwhile, everyone who has been having those little annoying glitches with our software program may get them fixed.

Pris
    Pris

Post  Pris Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard E78072ffadce9f9bddcb4c20ce97fa2c

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard 228112252_GetWellSoon128421238075865000_xlarge
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Very cute Pris. The anesthesia drugs and narcotics are now out of my system. Took 7 days to detox the worst of it, so am not that sleepy during the day.

So it's just short kitty naps during the day now.

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzXgv0EKHhaICLoN_g9cM_nlKgaHechgnjTHP6YXyi3MyQapXyasMlr94H

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard Catnap

Adding a NEW temporary Administrator  -> Reinhard Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSL2g33onxbU-_1IniuIkJ4og64v7BcW_2Pnd2Y_orGsxalI2Qk

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:23 am

Soooooooooò Good news to see you well and fully alive on this side of the veil Carol.
    Warm Welcome Back sister.

Harp The Karen Harp

Love for You
    mudra
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:19 am

I missed the whole story and just read about your surgery Carol. I am glad you're feeleing better now and wish you a fast recovery Double Thumbs Up

best regards
    Mall...
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:03 am

The news seems encouraging, Carol. I continue to wish you a speedy recovery. I continue to wish Mercuriel a speedy return.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:21 pm

mudra wrote:Soooooooooò Good news to see you well and fully alive on this side of the veil Carol.
    Warm Welcome Back sister.

Harp The Karen  Harp

Love for You
    mudra

Thank you mudra. Hadriel Today it has been one week since the surgery. I don't know where the time went but it flew by and I slept a lot. We found out what went wrong on the previous surgery from getting hold of the records from back then, so that type of medication error would not happen this time. And talking with others who had similar surgeries with successful outcomes took away the fear factor. It's good to be on the mend. Lionhawk

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:23 pm

malletzky wrote:I missed the whole story and just read about your surgery Carol. I am glad you're feeleing better now and wish you a fast recovery Double Thumbs Up

best regards
    Mall...

Thank you Mall. On the mend is a good thing. Next month we'll be back in the ocean swimming 3 times a week... which we're both looking forward to. Sabina

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:24 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:The news seems encouraging, Carol. I continue to wish you a speedy recovery. I continue to wish Mercuriel a speedy return.

Thank you Oxy. I too look forward to Mercuriel rejoining us. Double Thumbs Up

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:46 pm