tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Super Henge found at Stone Henge

JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Super Henge found at Stone Henge Empty Super Henge found at Stone Henge

Post  JesterTerrestrial Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:24 pm

some interesting news regarding stone henge...

Researchers have discovered evidence of standing stones believed to be the remnants of a major prehistoric stone monument near the Stonehenge ruins.

University of Bradford researchers said Monday the monument is thought to have been built around 4,500 years ago.

The Stonehenge Hidden Landscapes Project used remote sensing technologies to discover evidence that up to 100 stones formed the monument about 3 kilometres (2 miles) from Stonehenge.

The evidence was found beneath one metre (three feet) of earth near the Durrington Walls. No excavation was needed during the investigation and none of the stones have been uncovered and removed.

Some of the stones are thought to have stood 4.5 metres (15 feet) tall before they were toppled. Researcher Vince Gaffney said the immense scale of the monument is unique.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/stonehenge-hidden-landscapes-project-reveals-buried-super-henge-1.3218125

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-34156673
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Super Henge found at Stone Henge Empty Re: Super Henge found at Stone Henge

Post  B.B.Baghor Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:00 am

Hello JesterTerrestrial, I see you've posted this already, I planned to do it too, for it's quite a discovery, isn't it?
    You've cut the grass in front of my feet.... ehh, my lawn mower, as we say in Holland combined with the presence
    of many lawn mowers in Avalon area. Big Grin 3

What I've read in the times, yesterday, is that a question is keeping the explorers busy about the reason why
    all the stones, buried in the ground, are toppled and not in standing position. They haven't seen visual evidence
    yet, for the find is quite deep, if I'm right. I wonder if a magnetic pole reversal may have had something to do with it.
    Or a large earthquake, long ago. The find seems to be calculated as being much older than Stonehenge. I do hope
    they're going to dig up this very large henge. Or at least do what's right for the place and the people. That will keep
    me on my toes, while present on site, if I can Cheerful

Avebury is a much brighter, kind and sunnier energy, as far as I've compared Stonehenge and Avebury. These are some
    of many ancient spots easy to reach, now that I live in Avalon area. I'm so happy sunny

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:24 pm