tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas

mudra
    mudra

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas Empty Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas

Post  mudra Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas

Recently, due to dry weather, the water level of the Shalmala river in Karnataka receded, revealing the presence of thousands of Shiva Lingas carved throughout the river bed. Because of these uncountable carvings, the place gets the name “Sahasralinga” (thousand Shiva Lingas).

Sahasralinga has become an important pilgrimage place. On the auspicious day of Mahashivaratri thousands of pilgrims visit Sahasralinga to offer their prayers to Lord Shiva. Each Lingam in the river has a matching carving of Nandi (the Bull carrier of Lord Shiva) facing it.

Shiva Lingas have been worshipped by Hindus for thousands of years. It represents divine power and energy. The worship of Shiva Linga was not confined to India only. Carvings of Shiva Lingas can be found throughout the world in nearly every ancient civilization.

Sahasralinga is a most beautiful place. It is located near Sirsi, in the state of Karnataka. It is on the way to Yellapur from Sirsi, around 17 kms from Sirsi. After Bhairumbe you will have to get down at a bus-stop called Hul Gol bus-stop and walk towards Hul Gol. From the main road it is a distance of around 2 kms.

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas 1439069348_1438983821_sahasra-linga-01

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas 1439069443_sahasra-linga-07

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas 1439069446_sahasra-linga-08

http://zonnews.com/discovery/931-dry-weather-reveals-amazing-river-with-thousands-of-shiva-lingas.html

Love Always
    mudra
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas Empty Re: Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas

Post  bobhardee Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:10 pm

I think we are looking at carvings of the Star-ship Enterprise. I t came. They saw it. They carved it in the rocks to remind everyone that in times of need, it will return.

Live long and prosper.
    Bob H.
    bobhardee
    bobhardee

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas Empty Re: Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas

Post  bobhardee Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:06 am

8/13/2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK5IRDixVbk

Nice music but, I still think the things look like the star ship Enterprise only with a little hump on top.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:12 pm

bobhardee wrote:8/13/2015

I still think the things look like the star ship Enterprise only with a little hump on top.

Or maybe this Bob :

Arrow http://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-hidden-meaning-in-the-Shiva-Linga-structure

Dry Weather Reveals Amazing River With Thousands of Shiva Lingas Main-qimg-bffd72a64fe937c5c7267e4df1840e2c?convert_to_webp=true

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:45 am