tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future Empty Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future

Post  Carol Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future: 3D holograms, 
    smart surfaces, next-gen wearables, and ‘fluid mobility’
    What will the world be like in another 5 to 10 years? Microsoft is answering that question with a new installment in its “Productivity Future Vision” video series. This is so awesome it left me speechless.
    Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future Msvision1-620x435
    The elaborate, highly produced video shows jaw-dropping technologies like a SCUBA mask that annotates the sea with 3D holograms, a multipart bracelet that joins together to become a communications device, and interactive, flexible displays that automatically “rehydrate” with information specific to the people using them.
    Watch the full video above. Microsoft explains the principles behind the vision on this site, describing how emerging technologies will help people collaborate more easily, live smarter, and experience “friction-free creativity” and “fluid mobility.”

The company is already headed in some of these directions, with products including its HoloLens “blended reality” headset, unveiled by the company last month. And with Skype, the company has a foundation, at least, for many of the telepresence scenarios envisioned in the video.

Previous installments in the Productivity Future Vision series were released in 2008and 2011. Microsoft has historically made these videos to help give its customers, particularly in the corporate world, an idea of how it sees the future, providing a better sense for what they could be getting into long term when they make bets on the company’s technology.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future Empty Re: Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future

Post  mudra Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:58 am

I remember posting a video on the Ipad tech before it came out which was mind blowing then like this one above. Then the Ipad came out and soon it became normal. How fast we get used to new toys ! Science fiction writers dream (or remember) and prepare us for completely new things then scientists bring those into reality.

Thanks for sharing Carol
    Love from me

mudra
    malletzky
    malletzky

Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future Empty Re: Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future

Post  malletzky Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:20 am

Amazing technology, with great possibilities. But I guess it would take some another 30-40 years for this to become standard for at least 60-70 % of the world population.

Thanks for sharing Carol.

Mall...

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:56 am

malletzky wrote:Amazing technology, with great possibilities. But I guess it would take some another 30-40 years for this to become standard for at least 60-70 % of the world population.

Thanks for sharing Carol.

Mall...

So good to see you here, malletzky! And thanks Carol, it's amazing indeed, how slick and
    smooth, how easy the access to data in this tubby! Of course it's highly persuasive designed as well.
    And similar amazing how fast we get used to the existence of these gadgets, isn't it mudra?

I still recall the day that I went to the first internet cafe in my city, in the early 90's, to start learning
    how to use internet, in my own way, sitting with dozens of other surfers around me. This was a fasci-
    nating world to me, almost science fiction and of course..... I was completely lost at first, for the infinite
    possibilities to surf and dive into topics, seeing beautiful pictures etc. etc.  

Time forgotten, I left the cafe after 3 hours or so, walked to my bicycle and had to pause and recall
    where I was, recall the sense of having a body and the awareness that I had a bicycle too, but first
    had to think hard how I had to unlock that "thing" and to work hard to "get real" and hold it firm,
    to safely join the traffic and go home  Hypnotize

I truly wonder, malletzy,  if the technology will be available for 60-70% of the world population. Could it
    be that access to the creation of  this technology, showed in the tubby, is slowly merging with our
    dormant Atlantean abilities of telepathic communication and picture-making, in an awakened conscious
    brain, now nearing the break of dawn? Releasing the need for material gadgets? And the profit making thereof?

It seems to me, as if this pace in technology is on our side of reality, now touching a shimmer of a film
    present between the world we perceive now, with our polarized brain and the brain capacity in
    mastery of all that is, internally or not yet possible to define, on the other side of that film.

Even possibly bleeding through, from both sides. (I like the concept of co-operative efforts to evolve,
    in and with all parties involved).

I can imagine that it may be like this: that as long as this technology remains in existence externalized,
    the exchange of our human - and spirit-identity, with those gadgets, will increase hugely in those who
    choose that path. That could well be a 60-70% of the worldpopulation. Maybe living on an island of
    their own creation? And another island with people who choose differently? All things can be tried.

This opinion of mine isn't new to some of you, but I see also in the evolution and practical use of these
    gadgets, an agenda deliberately installed, possibly on a sort of "I know-I do not-know" basis (for we're
    all present in this bubble) to lure us away from having access to who we truly are and and attempt to
    deny access to an awakening to the more or less dormant abilities within us.

To me, this is a great challenge to humanity: the externalized technology which is sourced in a polarized mind,
    a mind that can't grasp the meaning of "as without, so within" or "as above, so below" due to it's fragmented
    orientation, only seeing fragments that way. Similar to the scientific world seeing cells and no human body.

To me, it's the one side of a hand, showing our mastery of the brain with such a mind and on the other side
    of the hand, showing the mastery of the heart, in unison with a brain that sees the wholeness of creation,
    capable of making it so, in our chosen reality, from our inner state of awareness and in joined efforts.

The snake that bites her tail, that is present in my own reasoning, is such great humor, for my choosing of
    the  I love you side of the hand, implies the acceptance of these gadgets as much as those inner states with
    access to those same data, Atlantean or not. We can't go back to where we've been, in those conditions,
    for we're forever spiralling (through time) never returning to the same place in the Universe. Ah... Ohm  Wink

And so..... in a funny way, the circle is round, within that spiralling motion. Thank you for being such a colorful
    rainbow here, in the Mists, enjoy a wonderful weekend  Cheerful

Microsoft’s mind-blowing vision of the future Ourobu10

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:08 pm